~~Cheetahs~~ Looking for a sunny Sunday!

Good morning, Jackie & all the cheetahs to follow.

Love the thread title as it's been a weekend of dark skies here.

Just want to wish Christine a great race!!!
http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/goodluck/th_goodluck.gif

I need to go catch up with yesterday's thread and will be back with personals.

[font face="bradley hand itc" size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_SnowBunny_tns.jpg
http://img16.glitterfy.com/53/glitterfy084824T933D37.gif

"Do you want to feel my spatula?" Run, Fat Boy, Run

Good morning Cheetah Girls!

Couldn't sleep! x( So I'm up and about. Today is a rest day for me. Yippee!!

Lorie - Great job on that run and hills yesterday! I hate those hills too.

Gloria - Are you recovered from the party yet? Sounds like everyone had fun. Glad the fire is contained.

Dallas - Easter??? How was the service? Hope you can get the right inserts for your shoes. That foam roller does feel good. I just wish I could remember to use it more.

Carole - We should live closer so that we could run together sometimes. :) I was working to keep that pace down. Glad the memorial service was nice. Still loving the new do?

Wendi - Good job on the workouts! Enjoy your rest day and day off from showing horses. Glad the Aleve does the trick for you. I have to stay away from them now because of tummy issues. Legs feel pretty good this morning.

Christine - What a gorgeous view! So breath taking. Thanks for sharing. Good luck with the run!

Enjoy your day ladies!

Jackie

Hello Dear Cheetah Friends-

Christine- I hope you have a fantastic race today. I'll be back lurking for your race report.

Wendi- Wow you shattered a vertebrae in 2000? TG you are ok now and only need Aleve! Your day will be far from a rest day.

Carole- It was nice of you to attend the services for your friend's Mom. Glad the new do is weather proof. Is today your traditional longer run?

Wendy-So, how much coffee did you have after the app't?

Yesterday my goal was 5 miles. DD had a regatta so while I waited for her to race, I ran along the trail at the lake we were at in Syracuse. I used CCPP and because the trail was flat, I sprinted not only the sprints but also when Sean said to climb a hill. So in Challenge 1 I did 20 1 minute sprints at 7:30 pace and walked the 30 second recovery. By the end I had to do 1 minute and 1.5 minute recoveries. I did not want to miss DD's race, so I stopped at 5 miles. I was tired any way from really pushing on the challenges. Today is workout #10 of NROL stage 1

Lorie- I am up to 70# on Deadlifts (barbell) and 62.5 (on the pully system) on squats. (My plates on the Cybex pully system are at odd numbers) Today I will try to increase again.

At 9:00 this morning I have a "T time" with my golf friends, yea! The weather will be turning cold again after today. So this will likely be my last opportunity to golf for a week or more.

Edit to say hello to Jackie and Cathy who posted while I was slowly proof reading

[font color=lime green][font size +3]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

http://img109.mytextgraphics.com/myrainbowtext/2008/01/24/c07d67f3a8d2bfed065f377ce1494b6c.gif

Carole [font face="Symbol"]*[/font] thanks for the link & suggestions. I will check it out. I was shocked to read that your friend’s mother passed. I’m sorry. I thought her release from the hospital was encouraging…we still need pics of the new ‘do! http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/photosmile.gif

Christine [font face="Symbol"]*[/font] GORGEOUS! Hope your allergies are in check today. Can’t wait to hear your race report.

Jackie [font face="Symbol"]*[/font] nice run yesterday…how do the legs feel today? Class was good—we went through tutorials for the assessment center (computer-based exam) and reviewed the content for each specific certificate area. It’s quite broad, but I’m ready for this last push.

Lorie [font face="Symbol"]*[/font] good to see ya! Glad you are liking NROL.

Gloria [font face="Symbol"]*[/font] glad you had fun and the fire is contained. Shame for the people who lost their homes.

Dallas [font face="Symbol"]*[/font] Kalimera! :) See my post to Jackie ^^^ re: class…The weather held out, but I didn’t work out at all. :( Can you explain what you mean by ¾ pair and full orthotics? How was the service last night?

Wendi [font face="Symbol"]*[/font] glad to hear it’s not a fresh injury requiring the Aleve…thanks for the recommendation of Panda. Hope today’s an easy day for you. I can’t avoid hills by me, either.

Judy [font face="Symbol"]*[/font] so happy to see you today :)…great run yesterday…enjoy this last shot at golf for awhile.

Wendy [font face="Symbol"]*[/font] so how good was that coffee after your bloodwork?

Well, this is terrible, but I did not work out at all yesterday.x( Gloria and I were on the same page... http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/grouch/th_duh.gif ...although I have to say, I really *didn't* go nuts Friday night...But I suppose the fact that I hadn't eaten much of a dinner (just picked on a few greasy appetizers), the beverages, and that it was such a late night did me in. A marathon nap in the afternoon didn't set me right like I thought it would.

So today will be CST + 5 miles.

Have a great Sunday!

[font face="bradley hand itc" size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_SnowBunny_tns.jpg
http://img16.glitterfy.com/53/glitterfy084824T933D37.gif

"Do you want to feel my spatula?" Run, Fat Boy, Run

Good Morning Girls :)

I have a few minutes of *free* time and I can catch up on personals.

Wendi: That's some injury you suffered. I can't tolerate Aleve. My stomach is odd :)

Carole: I'm sorry about your loss. I don't think I have had a chance to say so.How different is the new hair-do from your old? And you should share a picture with us :) It's funny what you said about the black sheep. I always say there is a family missing a dysfunction cause ours got hit with more than one. And yes I do think I'm the one with the dysfunctiona dn everyone else is normal :7

Christine: Good Luck in the race. What a fantastic view form your room. Please let us know how you did.

Judy: Enjoy your golf outing. I noticed the weather is going to be turning cooler in NY. I guess we should know better than to expect these temps to last.

Wendy: Hope your physicals went well. Did you get your coffee? I love Dunkin coffee :9

Cathy; Have a great Sunday. I love your little smileys.

Well yesterday I did a cardio workout on my upright bike. DH was away golfing all day. I think they spent more time at the 19th hole than on any other :7 DD is still mending and I didn't want to leave her alone. I managed to bang out 60mins of a program on the bike. And worked my triceps and abs as well. She is very swollen on one side of her face. Her jaw of course is very sore. She is loving ice pops and vanilla ice cream. I did make up some chicken noodle soup for her last night--the kind with real tiny noodles. She liked that lots.By bed time last night she was feeling better. But she woke this morning at 5 in some major pain. So I got my sorry self up and gave her some pain stuff and a fresh ice pack. Back to sleep she went.

DH just left for the golf course. I may head down to the school's trail (it is a few blocks away from me) and run 3miles. It is suppose to be a rest day but I didn't run yesterday so --well you know how us crazy girls can be :)Plus she is still sleeping so I think I'm safe on leaving her alone now. Afterwards I may head to Dunkin for a xlarge coffee :7

bbl

Hi ladies! I'm up and on my second cup of coffee. It's 5AM and we're getting ready to head out to be bussed to our starting point. We drove the entire marathon course yesterday - what views! My run will be tough, but doable. And, I've already given myself permission to walk the steep hills. :p It's promising to be a picture perfect day with warm temps (Carmel is rarely TOO warm), and plenty of sunshine. I'm not going to set any records as I will be stopping to take pics, etc. I just want to enjoy this run. Then again, I never set any records, but that's okay! :+ Have a fantabulous day everyone and thanks for the well wishes!!!

Kath - I'm sorry to hear about your DD! I hope she's on the mend soon!

G'mornin' sunny cheetahs!

christine- what a wonderful attitude re: your race today! enjoy it and have an awesome time:) while running today i previewed newport and am now anxious to try it.

cathy- i too joined you on an unscheduled rest day yesterday. was planning on a spin class. couldn't get it together to get up and go. so then planned to workout at home but our air conditioner wasn't working and it was just too hot in my workout roomx( . hope you enjoyed your nap:)

jackie- i do use my heavy bag from time to time. i have the aerobox workout and a new one i recently purchased and tried out can't think of the name but it was really good. in one segment she uses a speed bag so i just kept punching my heavy bag. in my last cooking light mag there was a boxing circuit workout i am going to try this week.

carole- so sorry to hear about your mother's friend passing. as far as siblings go. i am one of four and we definitely have a black sheep who strays from time to time. me and my youngest sister well alot of times i just don't get her and the decisions she makes with her life. she never wants to ask for help or direction (i think because i am her older sister, think marsha and jan brady, lol) but when she's in trouble who is the first person she calls? me, of course. and naturally i am always there for her because no matter what she is my baby sis and i love her dearly.

kath- hope you dd mends quickly.

wendi- enjoying showing your horses. as yes i throughly enjoyed my session with grace. so much so i ended my itrain ban (since the price increase) and bought a few more itreads/icycles:D

dallas- i recently purchased a new weighted vest so i am going to try it out while running the stairs this week...what am i thinking, lol.

wendy- do you have any insiders news re: tony's new workout coming out called one on one training??!!!!!!

this morning i did itread 60 min runintervals..whew! i just love that one:D

yesterday was an unscheduled rest day. however i did manage to finally get some work done in my yard. it's been raining so much here i hadn't been able to do anything. today i will finish planting my new flowers!!

ok, off to get showered and ready for church, TTYL:)

Good morning cheetahs

Jackie...it would be very fun to run together...:)...I have run with 2 cheetahs, Christine and Shelly and very much enjoyed it. I am liking my hair and having fun with my clients as they don't recognize me at first..Enjoy your rest day.

Cathy...this Mom was not the Mom that was released from the hospital last week (that was a church friends Mom). Remember the cancer story? This was the Mom diagnosed with liver cancer and gone in 10 days. Sometimes there is just too much...see another story below...:(...I know, I need to take a pic of my hair, I need to charge my camera! Enjoy CST and 5 miles.

Judy...sounds like a good 5 miler. Enjoy your T time with friends.

Kath...my hair was permed for the last 20 years, I now blow it dry so it is straight, and actually it is a big difference. I will post a pic hopefully soon...My DH's family has more than one dysfunctional person...:D...Good job on the bike workout!! Hope DD's swelling goes down soon...

Sunny...I am the youngest of 4 and it is the oldest that is the goofball...:)...I am happy you are always there for your little sis...Glad you got in some yard work and planting new flowers is always fun!

Wendi...wow, I had no idea you had shattered your L5 back in 2000!...I can see why Aleve would be necessary...ibuprofen is my pain killer of choice...The memorial was nice and I always try and go to services when ever I can. Funerals used to just scare me, but after my Dad died, I realized how important it was to be there for the family...:)...lol, hoping my legs don't feel like lead today!

Christine...What awesome pictures! Now I wish I was there with you...:)...Have a great run!! I would do this instead of B2B, but I have not ever done B2B and I have done the Big Sur marathon...don't remember what year though!

Today I am going to run 7 miles. Then have breakfast with my sister and good friend. Another sad story, my good running friend will be going to Texas Tuesday. Her Mom is in the last stages of ovarian cancer and I don't think it will be long before she passes. This has been a very long battle and my friend has been so strong. Keep them in your thoughts and prayers...

Have a good day...:)

Good Morning Girls.

Sorry I ended up going MIA y'day. I had lots to do y'day after our physicals. On the way home y'day morning we stopped for breakfast at an IHOP. Can anyone say YUMMY!? :9 }( :9 I downed 2 cups of coffee and was a happy camper. Once we got Joey down for his nap, we quickly followed suit. We were both tired. After that it was time to exercise and then shower up to go out....

We were invited out for a Birthday dinner for BMF last night so we had to get Joey packed up and dropped off at my MIL's first. We'll be picking him up this afternoon.]

The dinner was fun. After that we stopped for a couple of drinks. It was an earlier night than I had hoped for b/c everyone pooped out on us for various reasons so we came home and busted out GH instead!}( We were up until after 2am playing that darn game! LOL

Today I plan to hit the gym for a run. It wasn't the original plan. I was supposed to do BBC full body today and run tmrw but I now I have to work tmrw so I'm just makin' it work.

I guess I should stop babbling about self-absorbed cr@p and start catching up on some personals since I wasn't around y'day so I'll be back!:7

Jackie: Enjoy your rest day. Sorry you couldn't sleep in on a Sunday. That stinks.

Judy: Nice run y'day. I gulped down 2 cups o' java with breakfast after our physicals. I get a migraine if I don't get my java within several hours of waking up so that's why I get so incredibly freaked out if I can't have it first thing.

Cathy: Sorry you missed your w/o y'day but I know you'll make up for it!}( Glad to hear BF is doing well. Can't wait to hear when she's had the baby. Does she know what she's having??

Kath: Hope your DD feels better soon!

Christine: GOOD LUCK TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sunny: I know nothing about Tony's new work outs. Sorry! :-(

Carole: I love the "celebration of life". It brings something positive to something so negative and sad.

I think that's all my brain can handle right now. It's still recovering from last night. :p

BBL!

Just an FYI for anyone else who was considering Chicago before it closed...

You can still nab a spot if you run for one of the charities. I always receive mailers from TNT and assumed most charities would require about the same amount in fundraising (a lot, IMO).

However, I've learned that there are some out there which require far less.

Children's Memorial Hospital -- you pay $145 for race registration and have to raise $600.

Girls on the Run -- which encourages preteen girls to develop a heathy, fit lifestyle through running -- is charging $136 for race registration and only you have to raise $500.

Those are the two I checked out. There are many more listed on the offcial Chicago site, if interested: http://www.chicagomarathon.com/CMS400Min/Chicago_Marathon/giving_back/index.aspx?id=530

hi, cheetahs! no sunny sunday here. :-( it has been raining since last night. it's stopped for now, but t-storms are predicted today. we do need the rain, so i'm not that upset. http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/28/28_2_3v.gif

gloria-LOL at drinking beer like it was extinct!!! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/13/13_4_10.gif
glad the fire is contained and all is well with you.

dallas-i am LOVING the tanning lotion! i even wrote to the website to ask a question and i got a response in about five minutes. it's really a no lose thing because they said if you don't like it, return it and they will refund your money. i have not noticed a smell at all. i do have to work on my application, though. i am very impatient!

carole-my squat rack is AWESOME!!! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_5_126.gif i absolutely love it! now, i want a pulley system, but i probably won't get one. i am so sorry about your friend.

wendi-i do the exact same thing in the mornings!!! i have to wake up at least a half an hour before i work out to let my meds (and caffiene) kick in! i also like that quiet time, but it's so darn early!!! i know the hills are good for me, and funny thing is, i don't mind them when they're outside, i just hate them on the TM because you still have to keep your speed up (if you are following CC or grace). also, i LOVE the hills on the EXT. go figure!

christine-OMG...that view. i hope you ROCK your race today!!! i would definitely walk the hills (and any other time you feel like it). it's the pleasure of getting there that's half the fun. you're really making me want to do chicago!

jackie-see my post to wendi re: the hills. i figure if i hate them, then i must need to do them!

judy-i saw the NROLW check in and will go there. i think i am liking it so far. i did workout 3 and today is a rest day. i think i am going to do some cardio and yoga today. http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_5_134.gif

wt-i didn't think i would like working out with a book, but i am really liking it. i want to tighten up but not get a lot bigger. i REALLY need to clean up my eating. http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_12_6.gif i know that's the key and 80% of it.

kath-glad dd is doing well. she has a good caretaker!

sunny-i think yardmax can be considered a workout! i also love the 60 minute interval iTread!

wendy-i was at a birthday dinner last night as well, but no drinking for me. i just didn't feel like it, plus, i was driving. i can't believe you were up so late playing!

today is a rest day according to my NROLW workout. i am thinking a bit of cardio (maybe some steady state on the EXT) and yoga. i miss eoinn. i have only "seen" him once this week!

God am I ever dragging today! I just can't wake up!!! I even laid down for a nap for over an hour and as beat as I am I laid awake for most of the time!x( I had 2 cups of coffee this morning so I don't think lack of java is my problem this morning. It's too many late nites with the cabs over the past few weeks. }(

I need to get my arse in gear and hit the gym. Maybe the run will wake me up even though I soooo don't feel like working out right now...

UGH!x(

Hello Cheetahs!

I was really hurting yesterday and ended up taking a 2 hour nap. Had some friends over last night for stir fry and a REASONABLE amount of beer consumption. It was a hair of the dog kind of thing.

Jackie: Feeling a lot better today!

Judy: Good luck with the golf. I'm not a golfer, but my DH's best friend loves it. He lives in Scottsdale, AZ so he can golf all year long.

Cathy: Sorry you were feeling bad yesterday. Don't worry about not working out yesterday. When you are tired like that it can lead to poor form and injury. You made a good choice.

Kath: Hope you have great run!

Christine: GOOD LUCK! I will be thinking of you today. What a beautiful place to run! I have never run by the ocean.

Sunny: We can't really grow anything around here because our soil is so acidic. It takes a lot of work to have a garden around these parts.

Carole: Thanks for the well wishes. I've been known to be a party animal at times. }( Here is the black bean hummus recipe:

2 garlic cloves (I use more)
2 (15 oz.) cans black beans
3 tbsp. tahini
2 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cayenne
1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
Blend. You will LOVE this recipe!:)

Wendy: Hope your recovery is quick! Sorry about the friend troubles you had yesterday.

Lorie: I LOVED your smiley with the beer! Hope you have a good day!

Today I will run, go grocery shopping, and make dinner. I'm thinking homemade mac and cheese. Not helathy, but oh well. I'll put some spinach in there. That balances it out, right? :p I'm looking forward to seeing the kids tomorrow. The fire has made me a little sentimental. We are kind of like a little family! Have a great day ladies!

Quick check in. Finished on 2:15:57 (not official). Great run. Stopped to enjoy bridges and some views. Walked a few hills but not many. What a great run. Will check in with photos later.

Congratualtions Christine!!! I'm looking forward to your pics!

I'm a bit flustered. I'm trying to post a glittery signature line, but when I do it, the text only shows up, not my graphic! What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

Good Afternoon Girls.

I got my butt to the gym and did CC#4. First time. I recently got 4, 5 and 6 through a deal CC was offering in conjunction with donations to a Breast Cancer walk. They give you the 3 downloads of your choice. All you have to do is donate a minimum of $20.00 to a particular walker that Sean is supporting. I thought that was way cool so, although I tried CC in the past and was not overly fond of it, I decided it was a great motivator to try it again. If nothing else, I donated money to a good cause, right? :)

So anyway, I loved the work out. It was not alot of really fast running for me. There were some sprints but alot of it was hill work so my paces were slower then an average ITread pace. I went 3.94 miles in 42 minutes and that was fine with me. I ran quite a few 5-6% hills during the work out. I certainly worked hard and I'm happy!}( The CC's work on perceived exertion and heart rate. I am not a fan of the heart rate monitor deal so I did this work out by perceived exertion only. I was not real sure that I was in the right "place" all of the time so that will take some getting used to. I admit, I prefer to just be told what speed to run at! LOL All in all though, I feel I got a great work out. I'm glad I gave CC another chance. :)

Off to have a late lunch now!:9

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.