~~CHALLENGERS WEEKEND THREAD~~

Hello normal people!!

You wouldn't believe the week I've had, work has been insanely busy (the worlds gone mad) and then my computer died. I've only got it back today! The heatwave settled during the week, but its back with a vengence this weekend. "They" say its going to be the highest risk fire danger day since "ash Wednesday" which was in 1983. They were devasting fires.

AMELIA - WHAT A RELIEF!!!! Good things happen to good people. I'm so glad to hear beloved has a job.

Jean - you have STS? Whats it like? I am not reading the boards about STS at this stage. Was the Ab circuit you did yesturday the STS one? I'm thinking I should perhaps get that one? What do you think?

Elaine - Sorry to hear those darn shingles are still playing up! What about taking some disprin? We have one over here thats a disprin max 500mg per tab. I use them for there anti inflamatory and pain relief (I usually take a panadol rapid as well to speed it along). I swear by that concoction for muscles, backs, necks etc... I don't have shingles but you could try. Believe me, I have thought about moving to Antartica!

Becca - You are not well either? And i am assuming STS has arrived. Poor chicken, I hope you are feeling better soon.

Foxy Roxie - I havn't read the full weeks threads so I've no idea what you've been up to. How are you? Weight loss? Gain? remaining steady?

Andrea - I am soo glad to see you still here and working! Way to go. I am going through a "I might do some kickboxing" phase. CharLean doesn't really use a full cardio kickbox

I've babbled on enough. I've missed you guys this week, as I am having a tuff week eats wise anyway, I'm back and hopefully I can stay focussed over the weekend.

Andrea...thankgoodnes,i was starting to get worried! Glad to see you back! sorry your temps are still high...were having just the opposite...very cold temps right now.

Today is Bootcamp...bbl girls

Good Morning,

Did stability ball abs this am and then will do Body Fusion tonite.

Andrea-welcome back missed you.

I will be back later for more personals need to hit the shower.

There's Andrea! Glad to see you back! I so hope that you don't get those fires "they" are anticipating.

I did Step Fit last night after I put the kiddos to bed. I just felt like getting something in. I had forgotten about that silly Macarena cool down that Cathe does at the end. I haven't done the Macarena for over 10 years, I totally messed up the arm movements. Oh well. I am feeling a bit better, so I will probably try to get a WO in today. Maybe ME or PH. Have a great day, all!

I'm back real quick.

Becca-I never know what sets the foot off. I have step fit scheduled for this month but I have never done it is it hard? Glad to hear you are feeling better.

Amelia-good luck with Bootcamp haven't attempted that one yet.

Andrea-I am down 1lb 122. Wt. seems to bounce around but I am back to working out hard again. Trying to ignore all the injuries.

Hello to everyone else and have a good day.

Hi everyone.

Welcome back Andrea. Sorry to hear about your busy week at work, the computer problems and the fire risk. Here I was hoping you had gone on vacation to cooler climates. Yes I have STS and am enjoying it. Today was disc 2, triceps and back. The Ab circuit is from STS. I only have done 1 mix, "the no equipment" one. It was about 15 min. long and moved right along without too much dread. I'll tell you more about it as I do more of the mixes. Last night I told DH that I was not happy with Cathe. She made me hurt in places I didn't even know I had muscles and that was just from disc 1.

Becca, Step Fit has the macarena in it? I don't have that one, but maybe I should get it. The macarena is the only line dance I can do,LOL.

Roxie, how's the foot? Is it plantar fascitis or something else. I can't remeber what you have told us about it.

Elaine, hope you are starting to feel better. Hang in there.

Amelia, have fun with boot camp.

Andrea H., what's on your schedule for today?

Hope everyone has a great day.

Jean

Andrea: Welcome back!:D Thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately I have not heard of either pain reliever. Not sure if they sell them here.

Amelia: Have fun with Bootcamp.

Jean and Becca: I plan on starting STS on Feb 16 along with Cathe. I think that will give my body plenty of rest time.

Roxie: Don't ignore injuries. They just come back to bite you.

AndreaH: Sorry you couldn't make your KB class last night. Were you able to fit something else in?

No WO again. Today is the first day that the pain is dull. I think I am on the down side of the virus. I took Tylenol simply sleep last night. I slept like a baby.;)

I'll try to check in over the weekend. My DH and older DS are going camping this weekend.(in cabins in the freezing cold and snow) That means DS(7) will want to camp out on the living room floor.

Gotta go, the darling:rolleyes: puppy is chewing on the carpet!:eek:
I can not wait until she can go out and play. The cone and sutures are driving her and me nuts!!!

Hi everyone. Andrea, it's nice to see you again - sorry about all the work & computer woes. Hope you get no fires - we have a lot here in NM in the summer months as well.

I was supposed to do GS C&T today, but I ate WAY too much @ dinner last night (it was good, though :p) and spent most of the night nauseated & not sleeping. Finally got to sleep (well) around 4am. Anyway, I will do PUB tomorrow (to make up for missed GS BSB on Monday and today's C&T) and tomorrow's cardio on Sunday and then get back w/ the program on Monday. For me, the rotations mostly serve as a guide and then I work within that framework as best as I can.

Elaine, glad to hear your feeling a bit better today. You too, Becca.

Roxie, I agree about not ignoring the injuries. I had PF a few years ago (still flares up occasionally) and it was IMPOSSIBLE to ignore. Glad I got it checked out and got all the therapy, etc. I could have wound up w/ surgery for it (and the resulting bone spurs) if I hadn't.

Hi Amelia, Jean, and anyone I've missed.

Time for me to get back to work. Enjoy the rest of the day and I'll try to stop back later this weekend.

Elaine - try looking for asprin (asprin/disprin is the same thing) asprin is very a good antiflamatory. You need to be careful if you heart conditions. Panadol rapid is just paracetamol, but theres something in it that makes it work super fast. Its really worth trying

Hey girls...finished my workout earlier,i burned 430 calories:eek: My legs are already aching from all the jumping she does in there...my goodness:confused:

Everybody have a great night...Bb in the morning!

Roxie, I would not consider Step Fit hard. It can be challenging if you do all the power moves, but the choreo is pretty straight forward (except that Macarena thing :mad:)

Jean, if you feel the need to macarena, Step Fit will take care of that for you.;) I am glad to hear that you are enjoying STS. Are you finding the weights challenging?

Amelia, WTG with BC! That is a jumpy little WO, isn't it?

Elaine, Glad to hear the pain has dulled and that you were able to get some much needed rest. Have fun with the camp out. :)

AndreaH, Have fun with PUB tomorrow. My biceps quiver at the mere mention of that wo!

I ended up doing ME today and I also worked on my 1RM. I have all the UB of week one done and I will work on LB this weekend. I should be ready to roll with Cathe on the 16th. I had to go out and buy some heavier dumbbells today. My heaviest was 15 and I needed 20's. I also picked up some 10lb plates for my barbell. I am excited to see what all this heavy lifting is going to do to my body. :)

Just finished BF that is a tough little wo used 5lbs instead of 3.

Stats:
50min
44 in the zone
149 avg HR
181 max HR
372 cals burned.

Hi everyone.

Today the heat broke all records, they (the weather people) couldn't get an accurate heat reading because it was too hot for the weather reading instruments to be accurate. 46.7 was what they came up with. Now, we have terrible fires, my brother and sister are both packed up reading to evacuate if need be. Its usually me packed up because of fires.(and hopefully I won't have to be on fire alert this year but half the State is on fire at the moment its really awful!) They've never had to go through it before so its fairly scary for them and their children. Hopefully the weather will settle down overnight.

Heres one of the BEST cardio workouts I've done for a long time. Its one FF's suggestions. 4DS Kickbox/bootcamp premix. Theres not a lot of plyo stuff, but it gets the heart rate up.

Hope you are all having a great weekend.

Last edited:
Good Morning,

Today is LIS really looking forward to my rest day. Have to do cleaning, laundry and grocery shopping today. Eating this week has been ok and I have not missed a wo all week.

Andrea-sorry to hear about the fires wishing your family and brothers family well. Some day I need to experiment with the 4ds dvds.

Everyone have a good day. I will check back later.

Becca, I found so far that my 1rm's are right on. Challenge enought, but able to move onto the next exercise. Of course some are in increments I don't have. For example 60% may be 17 lbs. Well I only have 15 and 20. So I wore my weight gloves with the 15 to give it a little extra. I'm having to round up or down just a little due to this. I was pretty sore after disc 1, but not so much after disc 2. I'm scared to death of disc 3 which is legs. I don't work legs often and lunges usually really give me some major doms. I only did the 1rm on the squat type exercises and will just try light weights for the lunges. If its too easy I can always go back and do 1rm for the future leg workouts.

Andrea, hope the fire threat subsides. I always here about California and how they are affected by the fires so I can only imagine you must be in the same situation. How scary. Time to do our rain dance and pray for rain to help with the dryness you are experiencing.

I've gotta run. Will try to check back to finish personals. have a great weekend everyone.

Hey girl...no time for personals but i wanted to check in! No workout today,ran out of time. but tommorrow will be goodie. have a good day!

Good Morning,

Yesterday ended up being a rest day so today I will do SM with resistance band and maybe make up yesterdays wo, still need to go get my nails done and grocery shop. Everyone have a good Sunday.

Morning!

Roxie-have fun with your workout and grocery shopping! I need to get some produce today sometime...

Hey to everybody!

Today's workout is a goodie...a two mile run then i will do Muscle Endurance....yesterday was my cheat day so i enjoyed myself...today its time to burn off some of those calories and get back on track! My weigh in yesterday went well...im still holding onto that 6lb weightloss, i replaced my scale batteries. My jeans are fitting better too:D I think its the running.

bbl to report my workout!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.