~~40 & Over New Year Week Check in!~~

Hi everyone! I've been doing kettlebells these last couple of days. Today I did Newport, it's only my second time but I decided that I don't like that workout, it's too hard for me! Heck I'd prefer to run twice as long than do that workout. It totally kicks my butt cardio wise. Maybe some day I'll like it. :rolleyes:

Andrea, thanks for starting the thread! Since your timezone is way ahead maybe you should be the official thread starter!

Mary, did I see you over on FF rotation checkin? I'm starting her Jan rotation Wed.

Hellos to everyone else!

Hi everyone! Things are finally settling down a bit, I can get back into my routine! Except I need to have a root canal on Wed., should be a good time, at least the pain will be gone! Lisa, I am doing F.F., rotation, I started yesterday, I decided to get serious about things! Hopefully, by the time this rotation is done, we can start STS! I will look for you over there too! It will be good to "see" a familiar face over there! Hi to you Andrea! I saw a picture from Australia on Christmas day, people in bikinis, I thought of you! Hi to everyone else that follows, Have a good day! Mary

Hi everyone!

Well, I've just completed my first workout for a couple of weeks! Hooray for me! It was only Muscle Max upper body twice through, but at least I've done a workout! Hopefully now my workout slump will be over.

Lisa- I didn't think you'd mind me starting up the thread, usually you beat me to it. But i saw it wasn't up, so I just did it. Please educate me, whats Newport?

MAry - I hate toothaches and earaches. They are things that "you have to get fixed" because if you don't they will not go away. Ouch! I can tell you, that I wasn't one of those persons in the bikini on christmas day! :D

I will join in for some of the FF's jan rotation. I don't have the PS series nor do I have SJP which is one I noticed that FF uses a lot in her rotations.

I am a little anxious. I pre ordered the CharLean Extreme and it hasn't arrived as yet. Admittedly theres been christmas but I thought i would have got it by now. I may have to chase its whereabouts up.

Hello to anyone else popping in today. have a great day all. TTFN:)

Hey yall! I did CC4 today and added challenge 3 from CC1 totaling 57 mins. I haven't been running as much this past month and while it's hard for me to initially get going, when I'm done I feel so good!

Andrea, by all means start the thread! I'm finding I'm getting later and later posting some days. It may get tougher because my boss is taking on another job and still trying to run her business. Not sure exactly what it means to me, she thinks she may need me to work more. I can do a lot for her, but I certainly can't counsel people on their nutrition! Newport is a kettlebell workout from Art of Strength. I almost ordered Chalean but I'm trying to resist. You will have to give us your reviews when you get it (hope you don't have to jump through too many hoops to track it down, what a pain!)

Mary, glad to see you are doing FF rotation too. Sometimes I do jump around a bit and I'm always 2 days behind because of when I take my rest day. I like being behind because from everyone's comments I'll know exactly what to expect! Plus FF posts the weights exercises and what she uses and I use that as my workout guide. Did I see that you don't have PS either or did I dream it? I think I'll sub in 4DS weights for the PS ones (I'm a bit burned out on GS). I just can't plunk down $40 on an out of date workout, am I bad?

Gotta run....trying to see if we can schedule some downhill skiing time in before school starts and DH goes to Chicago next week.

Hi girls! Just finished the back and biceps from F.F. rotation, Lisa, I am impressed that you follow Debbie's weights! I am no where near that strong yet! I don't have PS either, I want to get to the library this week, b/c I know they have it, hopefully no one has checked it out or I too will be improvising! Skiing sounds like fun, it is warm here, 40's, I would like to try tubing out this year with the kids, looks like fun! Hi to you Andrea, let us know about CLX, I don't know if I could afford it just yet, or convince my husband I need it! Have a good day everyone, hellos to everyone else! Mary

Hey, I think I qualify for this check-in. Lisa, I know you post at FF rotation. I am too. I checked in faithfully during her last rotation and I will try real hard for this months rotation. I hope I can check in here too on a regular basis.
Lisa, did you go to Cathe's July roadtrip? Did I sit with you? I can't remember. Must have something to do with me being over 40.

Veronika

Hiya Ladies!

Welcome Veronika!

It's been a bit since I've posted, hmmm me thinks just before Christmas I gather. Hugs to you all!

Christmas was nice, kids are still out of school and I'm enjoying the late nights to read and sleep in.

I was able to order my 35.2# kettlebell from Perform Better yesterday (thanks to my hubby - he said that was part of his gifts to me ) so I'm looking forward to that.

I am sore as heck with kettlebells and running! Och its hard to walk at times lol

My lil one is still dealing w/ that cough so hubby and I don't think the antibiotics cleared her bronchitis all the way through. Now our son is doing the coughing and what is more scary is that both have had coughing which ends up with them not being able to breathe at all!:(

Imagine your child running to you crying with their hands around their throats actually not being able to breathe and sounding as if they are sucking air through a straw - so both are going back to the doctor to see what the heck is going on.

Its happened to me in the past so I know what it feels like so I coach them with calming down enough to allow the airways to relax so they can breathe - sighs.:(

Lisa You are doing so good w/ keeping up with FF's rotation. CCv4 is one of my favorites well they all are actually lol I can't lie - I did CCPP w/ the add on on Sat and boy oh boy it was great!!!

Mary I canceled my STS preorder and got deep into kettlebells instead as you probably know but I'm anxiously waiting to here the reviews of it and excited for all those who are waiting for its delivery. :)
Who knows I may decide to get them one day lol

Andrea Now CLX is one I'm really, really intrigued about actually more so than STS :eek: I've been reading lots of positives for that one. Hope it gets to you soon.
I have PS series and its alright - nothing to write home about so I'm sure you can sub just fine :)

Well I hope you all have an outstanding day!

picture.php

Welcome Veronika! You are most certainly welcome to checkin with us! Sorry, but I don't think we've met, I've never been to the road trip, in fact only been a Cathe follower for a year. I'm 44, live in Colorado, married for almost 23 years, 2 boys (almost 17 and 19), and 2 geriatric animals (1 cat - 16yrs, 1 dog (sheltie) - 12 yrs). I was very active in my younger years and then marriage, kids, job got in the way and in the last year I've been concentrating on getting ME to good health and decided that I was worth it! Most recently I'm working for a nutritionist. Tell us a little about yourself.

Vilma, what are you going to use the 35# KB for????? I have one (DH uses it), but I have yet to use it for more than plie squats with CAthe (it's easier to hold for those). Sorry to hear about your little one, sounds scary. I did CCPP too, my legs (mostly hip flexors, quads) were fried...I laid off the running for a while while doing FF rotation....gotta get back to it. It's hard to get going but feels so good after...gotta remember that good feeling to get me started! :D

Mary, I don't always lift as heavy as Debbie, 5-10 lbs lighter depending. Her last rotation really amped up my strength (and hopefully muscle -- still trying to figure out where my 3 lb weight gain came from). I need to get that Bio Impendance Analysis body fat test from my boss again. I'm trying not to stress over the added weight (hard not to do).....everything is still fitting, in fact, I went to Kohls and they had some crop pants on sale for $3 each! I looked through the sizes, they had lots of biggies (12's, 14's) and 1 6 and no 8's. So, still not believing I can fit into a 6 I tried them on and voila, they fit perfect! I got 4 pants and 2 tops for a grand total of $27! Wowzers! Gotta wait until spring to wear them, hopefully they still fit! I checked our library, no PS :(. It was a good idea though! And thankfully with Vilma's review of PS, I think I made a good decision NOT to buy it just because it's in this rotation.

That's it for now..........

Hello!

Welcome to Veronika!
Todays workout was cardio, about 65 mins Tae Bo. This is probably going to sound terrible, but Shelly Blanks in the Ultimate Tae Bo looks terrible. I know she was pregnant but shes such a fit girl and in this DVD she just wobbles! her body/skin wobbles around, looks terrible. i can't work out why. She shouldn't do so much wobbling/jiggling. But its a great workout.

Vilma - So, you ended up cancelling your pre order for STS. I remember we discussed how long it was taking, but you were undecided. I think, and this is my personal opinion here, STS won't be as succesful as Cathe hopes. The DVDs will sell more as individual cycles. Like the abs, or I think its meocycle two that has a lot of interest in it. Its taken way way too long, SNM coould've at least released the first meocycle, then the second etc.. Just my thoughts,

Mary. Lisa - todays workout was my 60 min cardio for FF's yesturdays workout for you guys. I've read her breakdown of the PS and I don't "understand" what each one is. I'm hopeless really. She did say that in her opinion PS was a good one to buy. I'm thinking about it, only because I'm not bright enough to workout exactly"what" each exercise is. What do you girls think?

Finally to you all, have a very HAPPY NEW YEAR! I wish you all the very best. You have been a great support to me at my lowest times throughout the year and I thank YOU ALL.
mwah, mwah.

Hi all,

I am sick again - daycare germ-du jour. I try but often just sit down for a minute and fall over asleep. My little one is "graduating" into the toddler program. Does this mean new germs from the new kids? Great. Happy New Year to me. Anyway, just wanted to say hello and Happy New Year to all. Best wishes for a bearable new year for everyone.

Veronika - welcome!

Murph

Hi everyone! I did FF PUB/MM chest/tri combo today. WOW, it felt good, I hope I get some good DOMS from this.

Andrea, go view the clips of PS, that helps with understanding FF written exercises. Bad thing is that you have to sit through the whole clip (can't FF to the point you want to see). I'm still thinking I'll just do the 4DS parts where it calls for PS, I have a hard time working out without a DVD.

Murphy, you poor dear! Hang in there, it does get better with the germs, trust me! Just think your kids will have a great resistance built up by the time they get to kindergarden that they'll get sick a lot less. I know it's a ways away but there is a light at the end of the tunnel, believe me, we lived the sick kid nightmare too, I thought it'd never end.

Hellos to everyone else, have a great day and a safe one too!

Thank you for welcomeing me! I will have to post later and tell you about myself.
I ordered STS and am not looking forward to it since I am enjoying working out with FF last month and starting this January rotation. I took a look at the AB dvd on youtube and felt intimidated and as if I'll never make it to that level. I am right there with you on the fact that it has taken so long to put these out. It really would have been a good idea to put it out in stages. Ok , for someone who is going to post later I might as well give some info myself.
I am 41 and will have a birthday in March. I have been married to Perry for 14 years. I met hin In Venezuela while teaching at the American school there. He was doing the same except he had already been there for a year. I am originally from Connecticut - I miss it so especially now during wintertime. I went to College in PA for three years-Univ. of Pitt and then transferred to the Univ of Houston and graduated from there. I have been living in Texas ever since,well except for those two years i lived in venezuela. When we came back to the States I taught in the public schools and then started having my own children. I am a stay at home mom and have four children. I will be back.
Veronika

Just a quick fly by to wish all a Happy New Year although I'm sure Ronne and Andrea have been there and done that by now;)

See y'all next year :D

picture.php

Just a Hello to all, Happy New Year!! I'll have more time tomorrow! Welcome Veronika! Murphy, sorry about the illnesses, glad to see you back tho! Hello to Vilma, Lisa, Andrea, Ronne and all that follow! Mary

Hi guys!

Hows everyones heads? No celebrating for me, I'm kinda "over" New Year as it just means I'll be another year older - sigh.

I did day 3 FF's Jan rotation. I really felt the Bis in the Pyramid work. I have to squeeze in day one somewhere. Followed up with some yoga.

Veronkia - My birthdays in march too. Although I will 44 this year - YUK!

Lisa - Saw your poundage on your work out WTG! Whew, great workout.

Murph - Trust me, you do eventually pass the day care illnesses. I was admitted to hospital three times in a year with gastro! Plus I had it about 7 times throughout the year and a half! (on top of the hospital visits) Its just awful! But eventually it passes and you all build up resistances. (Touch wood). Then theres the worms and the nits! Oh the JOY!:D

Mary - Hows the rotation going?

Vilma, hoping your family are on the mend. How are they all? I've raced both of mine in to emergency, with serious croup (when they were younger) its absolutely horrifing. I am hoping their coughing has improved.
Hi to anyone else popping in today.

Last edited:
Hi everyone! Happy New Year! We went to a concert last night, had a good time, left by 12:15, my tooth was talking to me, after the root canal! Andrea, Your arms will really be talking to you tomorrow! the bicep section in PUB always gets me! Lisa, I was able to get PS at the library, it is on VHS tho, I will be goofing around fast forwarding and all! Hey, Veronika, how old are your kids? Murphy, hope you are feeling better, it does get so frustrating doesn't it? Hi to Ronne, Vilma, Kathryn should be back soon. Remember, don't eat any chicken today or you will be scratching for money all year. (old wive's tale) Mary

Can I join?

Hi,

I am 42 and from 30 to 40 I worked out six days a week -- then I got all these hormone-related issues from fertility treatments and just....stopped. I would love to get back to doing a lot of Cathe (and others) and eating better, and when I have to report to someone, I tend to do better. I can't start until Monday when I get back from a trip I am on, but I am hoping that will be alright.

Thanks,
Tobermory

Hello girls! Today I took a rest day, not because of partying, just because I had stuff to do. In fact, I went to bed way early on New Year's Eve. I fell asleep on the couch watching a movie at 7:30 and then got up and went to bed at 9.

Andrea, this FF rotation has really pushed me to lift heavier. I really enjoy lifing a lot. Cardio I always have to moan and groan before I do it but then after I'm done I feel so good. Are you doing the FF rotation this month? I'm always behind a couple of days since I normally take my rest day on Tuesdays. I actually like being behind the group as I know what to expect.

Mary, I even searched for VHS, but my library didn't have it, not sure how much fun that is going to be fast forwarding through it. It's funny how you get used to technology.

Tobermory, welcome to the forum! Some of the regulars are on "vacation" so hopefully this group will get hopping now that we are in the new year. We are all a bunch of perimenopausal, hormonal women! In fact, I'm getting the dreaded skin breakouts this month, I'm just praying that I don't get the "i can't sleep" problem this month!

Veronika, I ordered STS as well, it's my first preorder with Cathe. I think I do well following set out programs so I have high hopes for it. Not sure I'll get my DH to do STS, but I did get him into kettlebells. He does less exercise than me and gets better results, irritating! At least he doesn't mind me indulging myself on my workouts.

Hellos to Vilma, Ronne, Murphy, and Kathryn!

Welcome Tobermory!
I am a new posting here too.
I did not workout today either and also not because of drinking. My family and I are all sick and we have just all stayed in our pj's and rested all day. I'm not sure about working out tomorrow because It is pretty bad with all of us. I will post more later. i am not feeling well.

Happy New Year Everyone!

Veronika

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.