~~The Melting Pot on Thursday~~

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning:

Today was I-Train 20 minute plus 4DS Shoulders, Calves & Core. Does anyone else hate calf work? I usually skip it all together since I do so much treadmill work with inclines etc. I am back to Canada today, to Woodbridge and Oakville.

Waves to Shelley as I go by!^^^^

Robin:
No giving up allowed. Stay with the plan, stay focused, we've got your back here! What is a peer lab inspection?

Judy:
eating well does make you feel less sluggish. Maybe part of why I can get up at 3:45 and still make it through the day! Those da** dogs! They woke me up at 3:45 today to go outside. Well I was up already so went down and did my workout.

Emily:
how was the potluck?

Tneah:
sometimes you just need one of those "flannel days"!

Shelley:
"melting" thoughts for Sophie headed your way..as I go by your office today!

TK:
Hot flash free is wonderful!:7 You should try wearing your HRM when lifting.. it's amazing how many calories you burn especially with a leg workout like 4DS.

Lainie:
glad to hear you are better and able to do a workout!

Cari:
I am like you in that I don;t get enough vegs. I like a low fat stringster w/ and apple as an afternoon snack. All the good stuff there, carbs, protein, fat. It helps with the 3:00 snack attack!

Have a great day!

Deb;-)

Deb, have a good and safe trip to Canada. To answer your question, labs are accredited by an agency, the College of American Pathologists, that can't possibly inspect all the labs in the country themselves, so they have teams from other accredited labs do the inspections. I've never been closely involved in either end of an inspection before, so this was quite an experience for me. When I went to work yesterday, I was still in inspector mode and drove everyone crazy pointing out things we need to do differently. They called me the message queen, since I was emailing so many suggestions. My last message was Bite me. That got a laugh.

There is a big snow store predicted here. We should have about 6 inches of snow and sleet by quiting time. I may have to consume extra calories today to prepare for the afternoon commute.

Have a great day, melters. See you later.

Maorning Melters!

Robin- I just looked at the radar. You are gonnagetslammed! We are on the northern edge of it and will only get about 3-5 inches if that much. Please let us know that you get home safe!

Deb- happy travels today! yikes 3:45 is early for anything. I like to put on the HRM once in a while too. I wore it for spin the other day mostly because I love to knowhow much longer the killer intervals will last.

Shelly- I hope Miss Sophster is healthy!

Today is KM or a circuit WO and my last pilates class. Then Errand max and Grocery Max.

Chooses happy thoughts today .

[font color=purple][font size +1]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well.
William Osler

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

Morning all!

*waves at Deb* I'm in Oakville! I hope the weather doesn't impede your trip. I was gonna get up and work out this morning but the alarm went off at 4:30 and there was just.no.way. And Sophie doesn't need any melting thoughts! She needs to GAIN!

Robin - Do we need to call you Inspector Robin now? Good luck with the weather!

Judy - We must be the tail-tail end because we're only expecting 2-4 cm. Sophie is healthy, just a wee bit too skinny! And we got your lovely card yesterday! Great photos! Thank you!

Happy Thursday, lovely melters!

I am the anti-melter. Apparently, everything you guys are melting is solidifying on my butt. Thanks a lot! :p Seriously, though... thank heavens the potluck is over. There was so much delicious food, but it was just too much. I need to get back to lighter eating. In an effort to really control my eating, I've joined CalorieKing online.

This morning I dragged my sleepy butt out of bed and did B&G Floorwork and Abs premix. Yeeeeouch! I'll be feeling that tomorrow!

Deb, have fun in Canada!

Robin, you'll definitely need your energy for the afternoon commute in the snow. Nothing worse than being stuck in traffic with a growling stomach.

Judy, have fun with your workouts!

Shelley, be careful in the snow this afternoon too!

I hope everyone else is having a good day! :)

Hi melters! This morning was 30 minutes of Kelly Coffey Step Box followed by the blast only premix from IMAX3 (what was I thinking?). I had to hit pause for a minute after dreaded interval 7, but found enough reserves to complete the job. I finally weighed myself this morning, so I'm pleased to report that I've officially melted off 6.8 pounds.:) I'll not complain about a .6 loss as long as it's in the right direction.

Deb: You are right, when I do legs I'm definitely getting into cardio zone. Today doing cardio my strap kept slipping down so I ended up turning it off. Without the feedback at the end I get a feeling like I didn't workout at all. Do you get that feeling, too? I know it's stupid to think that way but I so enjoy comparing intensities of all my workouts.

Robin: Be careful in that storm today. They are really predicting treacherous conditions. I'm south of the storm so all we're getting today is rain (again).

Judy: Errand Max and Grocery Max are two of my favorite workouts. How do you like pilates? Is it better in a class setting? I tried videos but just don't connect with Mari Winsor.

Emily: What's calorieking like? In the past I've tried fitday, sparkpeople, and weight watchers online. Is it free?

Hello to all who follow. :)

Hi Everyone!:)

Wow, Robin, be careful in that snow. I am not jealous when I read about how treacherous and terrible this weather can be. Please stock your car with that emergency kit and water, spare tire, all that stuff...:) I am sure you have, but that is worrisome.

Shelley, Sophie can have an inch of each of my upper thighs (don't tell her where they came from though!}( ) Best wishes to her, I am sure it'll all even out eventually as she grows:)

Deb, You and your workouts so early.wow.:) I love calf work, they are a favorite bodypart though, either ya got the calves or ya don't, you know what I mean? Its one of those "genetic" bodyparts I think.

Emily, happy calorie counting! That would drive me insane, but if it works for you, that is super.

Judy, have fun with your pilates class. I am trying to love pilates, really I am, but sorta "zone" out doing the exercises, while trying to suck my belly into my spine, so I guess that might be the point?

TK, WOW!!! Yeah you and your weight loss!:7 Way to go.

Lainie,Shannon, Michele, Mich and all the rest I may have forgotten to mention, have a wonderful day, eat well and keep on meltin'!

I need an upper back massage or something, my muscles feel all spasmy and tight. Ick. I don't really like strangers rubbing on me, wish I could get over that though, a massage would be heavenly, and I often fantasize about actually getting one!:7
I think I have chest/back today, but might skip to the arm workout and bootcamp cause of this muscle tightness. Plus I did legs yesterday so why the heck does my back hurt? Weird. Talk at ya all later.....

Hello delicate melting snowflakes!

We have a snow day today, though it hasn't started snowing yet. We are in the path of that big storm as well. DH went to work today so I hope he doesn't have too much trouble getting back home later.

So, I've got both boys home with me all day. The nice thing is we've got nothing we have to get out to do, but then again they are both underfoot all day and they start to get grumpy with each other on days like this.

I woke up feeling crummy again today, so I sure hope I'm not sick again! I'm sick and tired of being sick so much! The plan is to do some cardio today, and I don't seem to have fever at least, so hopefully I can still do that. My rotation has Tracey Staehle's High Intensity Step Mix 2 listed, but I haven't done that one yet so it'll depend on if I feel like doing something new or an old favorite today.

Deb, I hate calf work, too. I also don't think it's something I need. My biggest concern about my legs is my inner thigh tone. I think I have decent legs anyway because I'm married to a "leg man." I've also gotten a lot of calf work lately when doing my ankle exercises (lifting up on the toes, balancing on my Bosu, etc.)

Robin, I like how you make an excuse to consume extra calories. :)

{It's taking me forever to finish this post--had a friend call to chat; had to run out and move the recycling bins before it snowed too much, etc.}

Judy, I liked what you said yesterday about eating better makes you feel better. I need to keep that in mind. For instance, I have heartburn right now, so I hope a decent lunch will help. I don't usually get heartburn so I'm not sure what's up with that.

Shelley, hope you can put some weight on Sophie! My oldest tends to be a bit too skinny as well; he just doesn't eat as much as his little brother and he's really picky. I'm always stuffing his lunchbox with a big variety just hoping he eats some of it.

Emily, I have been the anti-melter lately, too. I'm hoping doing more cardio again will help, but of course I know the eating needs to improve, too.

TK, congrats on the great loss--you must be one of our best melters on here!

Tneah, I don't think I've ever had a real massage (other than backrubs from friends/boyfriends). I think I might be a bit shy about a stranger rubbing on me, too. I did like the ankle/foot/leg massages I got from my cute PT, though. I think it helped that he draped a towel over my foot when he rubbed it, because my feet are too ticklish to be rubbed otherwise.

Cari, what helped me with my vegetables is getting a steamer. I still don't necessarily love eating them, but it's a very easy and healthy way to cook them. Then sometimes I sprinkle low fat cheese on them toward the end of the steaming process so it melts on them. I also sprinkle garlic powder or other spices on top to make them tastier. Another thing I recently discovered are these Progresso 0 point soups (like 0 points on Weight Watchers). There's an Italian veggie one that's pretty good. I know it's better to make my own soup from scratch, but I've been too lazy to do that lately.

OK, hello to everyone who follows. The snow is really coming down here, now.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif[/font]

I just popping in hopes of Michele reading here today so I can thank Michele for reminding me about Classical Stretch. I did it instead of Pilates class today. I forgot how thoroughly she gets into legs, hips, back and shoulders. I still am not fond of her conversations .

PS we are getting slammed with snow. We have 6 inches at least already. and all after school activities and such are canceled today. It is a good day for a fire. I still have to go out once more to get DS who is at a study group at a friends house.

[font color=purple][font size +1]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well.
William Osler

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

Hi everybody!

I promise I'm not ignoring you -- I've been running around for the past 2 days and I haven't had much time to post. In fact, I've been gone all day and I have to go back out tonight :-( . I've got just enough time to squeeze in a quick workout and a shower before dinner.

Oh, I've changed my mind yet again about my workouts. For the rest of December I'm doing endurance workouts like PH and ME and lots of c...c...cardio (oh gawd how I hate cardio -- lol!). I'm going to start the 16 Week maximum Weight Loss rotation in January.

Judy - you're welcome! Nobody can stretch you out like Miranda! My hips and back have never felt so good. I'd highly recommend the 2007 TV series DVD. There are no endorsements to contend with, but she is still a little quirky :p . I really like her though -- her oddness is endearing :7

I'm sorry you guys -- I'm going to have to put off doing personals right now. My best to each and every one of you and Merry Melting :)

Just chiming in to say I'm enjoying Classical Stretch too. I've been Tivo-ing from PBS each week and do the episode after my workouts on Sundays. She is a little flaky LOL. The production quality isn't quite up to Cathe standard but it gets the job done.

Hey guys,
What is the 16 week maximum weight loss rotation starting in January?

Sounds intense, oh I just had to tell you guys, Cathe actually responded to a question I posted on her Ask Cathe thread. Never happened to me before I feel so special.:) heehee.

I am not sure what rotation or what I will focus on next month, but its gonna have to be lighter weights/more cardio based workouts. This 4DS is killin' my bod, even though its really been great-I have one more week and that will have been 4 weeks total.

You girls with the joint/knee/calf/ankle problems? I don't have any injuries thank goodness, but me bones are achin' from all this heavy lifting!:)

Ok, hope everyone is okay tonight with the snow and everything. Look forward to "seeing" everyone tomorrow.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.