~~::Melting on the Day After.::::~~

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning Melters!

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday. Today I did Pyramid Upper Body. It has been a while since I did this workout. I really like the pyramid style training ( reminds me of BFL). I just wish Cathe had slowed this one down so you could use heavier weights without having to pause after every set. She goes so fast on this one that I hardly have a chance to put down a weight and pick up the next one!

Back to the grind today. At least there are only 3 days until the weekend!

Deb:)

Morning!

I wish I was still at home. But you're right, Deb - it's back to the grind! Ugh. We can make it. And New Year's Day is right around the corner.

I had a nice Christmas and hope everyone else did too. And I've found out one thing for sure. My weight set-point. A few weeks ago, I thought I'd managed to melt off 2 lbs... well, one of them is back. No big deal - I expected it. And that puts me at exactly where I've been forever now. I checked over the weekend, and I'm still there. That means that weeks of low to no cardio, plus holiday eating hasn't managed to change it. And, earlier, before this calf injury when I was working out pretty hard, extra workouts didn't make it budge downward either!

Deb - I really like PUB too. I use dumbbells so I don't have to change out the barbell every time. I know exactly what you mean about moving so fast. The dumbbells really help.

Hey girls!

It's a holiday here today. I'm off to my sister's later for our big family Christmas (Boxing Day just always worked better for all of us). I can't wait. That's my REAL Christmas. Yesterday was just weird.

Deb - I really like PUB too, but she does move really fast.

Shannon - I e-mailed you!

My eating was terrible yesterday. Other than that, though, it's been pretty good and I did manage a six mile run yesterday to try to compensate. I think today will be a rest day, as I haven't taken one in seven days.

I hope y'all have a very melty day!

Hey Everyone!

Wow... I've been a horrible check-in mate these past 2 weeks. Sorry about that. :-( I did step on the scale last friday and it showed a cumulative weight loss of 5 lbs (since we started). But then, out of curiosity, I stepped back on this morning and it looks like I gained 2 back. I don't see how I could have lost anything though because I barely worked out these past 2 weeks. And now I'm bloated. I leave to Puerto Rico on Friday and still no sign of Aunt Flo. So the first few days of vacation are going to be not so good. Okay - ENOUGH complaining!

Today's my last day at work before vacation so I must get done as much as possible. I took tomorrow off to run around and get a wax, nails done, pack, etc.

Deb - I agree with you about PUB being so fast. I use my Boflex Select Tech DBs for this workout and I always have to pause to change the weights on the DBs which takes longer than just switching DBs. It's kind of annoying but I do love this workout.

Hello to everyone I missed and all who check in later!!!

Howdy do, melters. I hope everyone had a spendiferous holiday. Mine was swell. Lots of noisy company and no one got in a tussle. I got a gift card for Cathe that I'll save for the new workouts, and one for Dick's that will be used for 25 lb dumbells. I haven't worked out in eons, and may not until the new year. My knee has really been achy and I may have to call the doctor again.

B, have a wonderful trip. I hope Aunt Flo's visit is short and sweet.

Shelley, have a wonderful time with your sister. What did Sophie and your SO think of their gifts?

Shannon, I've pretty much stayed the same weight overall too. How's the cardio going?

Deb, I'm glad you enjoyed your holiday. I love the PUB workout. I think it's my favorite weight workout.

I'm at work and probably should go do some. I have to work over the weekend, but ended up having New Year's Day off without having to use a vacation day. Hi to all you other melters.

Hi everyone. I've spent the morning cleaning house some more. Ugh. I'm still feeling very sniffly, but not too bad because I took both Mucinex DM and Claritin D last night. I'm all fuzzy-headed and dry-feeling now, though. I often just don't take any meds at all but I had trouble sleeping last night. I think I'll try to see the doctor tomorrow.

If I feel o.k. when Ewan naps, I'll get up and do a circuit workout or some cardio. My knees are getting even more crackly, though, which is so annoying.

Deb, I like PUB, too, and I thought it was just me who had trouble keeping up the pace. I am constantly pausing all my workouts, though, to deal with equipment. I hope it's a little faster with my new barbell to do certain weight workouts, which usually take me forever to finish because DH's barbell is so hard to adjust.

Shannon, I too am at that point where my weight seems to stay. It hovers up or down a pound or two but I don't gain much more. Unfortunately I am also finding it difficult to lose more, because this is not the weight I want--just the weight my body seems to want. x(

Shelley, Happy Boxing Day! I don't know why it's not a holiday here as well. I think we need that extra day of recovery. DH is taking the day off. Of course, my kids are off school all week, which means I'm actually busier than I normally am, except I don't have to do the back and forth to school or bus stop thing.

B, hope TTOM doesn't mess up your vacation too much! I hate it when that happens.

Robin, congrats on the gift cards! I want some 25 lb dumbbells, too; my biggest are 20s. My only gift card is to Kohl's, though, and I'm not likely to find dumbbells there.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif[/font]

Shelley - I doubt you'll see this, since you're still doing Christmassy things! But trust me - a six-mile run should compensate for quite a bit of unclean eating.

B - I hope you have a great trip!

Robin - Guess what? I'm going to buy some 25 lb dbs too! :7 Gosh, I wish your knee would get better. Did you ever buy a brace? My cardio is going okay. I did the 4DS over the holiday, using my elliptical for the cardio. There's some aching, but the doc said to expect it. I'm trying to be careful though, and not push it past a certain point.

Hi Everyone! So glad you all are back!:7

Shannon, my weight does the exact same thing. The only time it ever took a dip in my entire adult life was after my hip surgery, I ate less for a week or two afterwards, but didn't exercise, so I chalk that up to the energy it requires to heal your body after surgery.:-( and muscle loss in my butt and legs. Sigh.

Robin, sounds like your Christmas was drama free!:7 That is always a good thing, our Thanksgiving was a mess thanks to my DH's daughter choosing to dredge up her "daddy issues".x(

Shelley, Boxing day is cool, wish we had Boxing day, I just read about it. England celebrates this holiday too right? Enjoy your day.

Deb, I love the Pyramids. I own lots of dumbells so it works out for me okay, I feel Cathe moves too fast in the 4DS workouts where you are really supposed to push the weights, you really need a little more rest between sets.

B, Have a wonderful vacation! Sorry bout the TOTM.x(

Lainie, sounds like Santa was good to you! Glad to hear you are seeing the doc this week and getting to the bottom of this cold/flu thing!

We had a very quiet Christmas, ate lots of turkey, salad, brussels sprouts, mashed spuds and gravy:9 I did not do a dessert, did not need that temptation. We also drank alot of wine and watched The Godfather"-our favorite all-time movie I think! It was fun, although I probably could have done without the wine....needless to say, I am not stepping on the scale this morning.

I did the cardio portion of Step, Jump and Pump, including the blasts yesterday. Something has clicked with the step workouts! I finally bought a bigger board....yes, I was using the smaller one, and stepping on the larger size makes the workouts so much easier to understand for some reason.:)

I am heading into PMS, getting the bloats and the "weepies", I swear I cry over Project Runway for heaven's sake--yes, that happened yesterday!:) Off to do some sort of cardio, not sure yet...Hi to everyone to follow!:7

HI Melters-

This is just a quick hello. I have not been here around much.
The rich food from the last few days has done me in I had major "D" ( hint: GI related) issues on my 8 mile run this morning. NOT FUN. I am off of rich foods for now until I feel better.

Shelly- have fun today!

[font color=purple][font size +1]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well.
William Osler

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

G'mornin' Melters,

What Judy said -- only for me it's a throbbing headache. My head actually throbs with every step I take.

We ate and ate over the holiday -- rich and fatty dinners and treats -- I feel toxic...and rotund -- UGH!!!

I'll BBL when I feel more human. ;)

Sorry you guys feel like dirt.:-( Running and having the "runs" sure don't mix do they? Poor baby, eat a banana it will help. Banana's are like a cure-all for me.

I too feel tired, I cannot remember my last "rest" day, and tried to do Amy Bento's Kickbox Extreme, yeah right. Got through the warm-up and was just so out of it I stopped. Maybe I will try and do some Pilates tonight, I always get paranoid about working my butt enough! I have nightmares of waking up one morning and finding it laying on the ground:p

I just wish my rest day didn't come after a day and night of indulging...oh well, life marches on. Everyone take care. Just thought I would share my angst today as well!:)

Good morning, Melters!

Glad to hear that everyone had a nice holiday! I ended up not workout out yesterday since I woke up with a runny nose and sore throat. I'm *sort of* feeling better today, but not much. I'm planning on doing GS Legs today -- if I can make it through without gasping for air!

My BIL comes tonight from Wisconsin to stay with us for a week. He's a sweetheart, but I'm worried because he loves to load up on Mexican food, burgers, etc. while he's here. I'm planning on cooking my usual healthy fare, though, so if the DH and his brother want to eat out, then they can do so by themselves, right?! ;-)

Lainie -- I'm glad you're feeling a little better today, but you might still want to call your Dr.! You've been sick for so long that it could be something serious. Glad you had a nice Christmas, even though you had to handle all the clean-up! Was the game what Brian got you at the Apple store? Does it look like fun? Oh -- Mike mentioned that some of his Kung Fu instructors take glucosamine to help with joint pain. I just ordered us some. Have you tried it before? It might help with those knees a bit! Let's also think about doing the 4DS together! It would be fun!

Deb -- I know what you mean about PUB! I always feel the PUB/PLB workouts, but I hate all the weight changing! The PUB isn't as bad, but I'm always so lazy about doing PLB because I hate changing the plates on my barbell so much. Your Christmas puppies are so adorable!

Robin -- Those 25-pound DB's will be great! I bought some 20's when the 4DS came out, but that's as high as I've been able to go. How great that you're ready to go even bigger!

TK -- What a wonderful project that you're making for your mom! I love the idea of incorporating old photos into a quilt. When you finish it, you'll have to post photos for us! Yes, I like Amy Bento, but definitely don't feel the love for her, like I do for Cathe! I meant to do a Christi workout for the first time on Monday, but ended up doing Low Max since I wanted something familiar and that didn't require me to think too much!:)

Shannon -- Hopefully that extra pound will melt off again soon, along with the second one! :)

Shelley -- Enjoy Boxing Day today! That's fantastic that you got in a six-mile run yesterday!

Tneah -- How did the turkey turn out? I don't have SJP, but I've been wanting it for awhile since it seems like a favorite. Would you recommend getting it? Hope that the PMS doesn't get too bad!

Judy -- Oh no! I hope that your stomach is feeling better! All that rich food can certainly wreak havoc with the stomach this time of year!

Michele -- I feel the same as you -- rotund and toxic! Take it easy with that headache! Do you ever try peppermint oil for headaches? A little on the temples always helps with my sinus, stress, and cold headaches. It also helps with any congestion.

B -- Have a wonderful time in Puerto Rico! Hopefully you can relax and enjoy yourself!

Good morning melters. Ugh, I think I have a food hangover (Judy and Michele, you aren't alone!). After being good for so long, all the sweets and high calorie foods over the last 24 hours are making me feel sluggish and bloated. This morning I started drinking a lot of water in the hopes it will flush me out and make me feel more normal. I even overslept and totally missed my workout this morning. I will have to double up tomorrow with cardio in the morning and weights at night to catch up on my rotation.

Next year I am putting my foot down and not committing to being everywhere on Christmas Day. I feel like I shortchange time with my mother to be with DH's cousins later in the day. I know that after 16 years of being married to DH, I'm sure not one of these three cousins could even say three things they know about me, though I know every detail of their lives. I've just given up trying to engage them in conversation. Very self-absorbed people. It's crazy, but when I go over there it's this really bizarre stuff: For example, if I'm standing up they want me to sit down. Then, when I can't stand hearing it anymore and sit down, I'm not sitting at where they think I should be sitting. Then I finally sit in the right place, then I'm not eating enough, I'm too quiet, or I'm being 'rude' because I won't cancel my plans go to their party next weekend (which they just invited me to that night). If they don't want to talk to me on Christmas why do they want me at their party next weekend? So, so bizarre and it doesn't stop all evening! Sorry for the vent, but it really got to me yesterday. Kind of left a sour ending to an otherwise nice holiday.

No time for personals as I'm supposed to be working ;) . This place is empty.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.