~~~Watercooler Thursday ~~~

I'm leaving for Jersey today. I may visit Patti at the shore on my way to MIL's house depending on what time I leave. I'll drive back home in the morning with the Swanettes. After Friday's class, I'm driving up to State College to fetch my little, whining, massively shedding dog.

Got an easy A on my Ethics and Communications test. Everyone who turned in their paper got an A. I'm glad since I didn't put nearly a tenth of work into my paper as everyone else did!!!

The PT changed up my exercise routine this week. It's more strength and less stretching. I asked him if he thought I'd be fully healed in 2 weeks. He thought I would be, but he didn't sound very convincing. I also asked if I could start lifting again. He said I could do three pull-ups in a row max. Um, I didn't tell him that's about all I can do right now anyways!!!:eek:

I'm thinking I'll do some type of weight work and yoga before I leave for MIL's house.

{{{{{Kim}}}}}
How are the kids handling Bandit's illness? I hope it's something that can be treated!!! I know the Swans would be hysterical if they saw Baby throw up blood.

Jeanette...
How was your golf game? UGH! Don't you HATE losing posts!!! I lose posts quite frequently when I type on my laptop. I have to be very careful of the darn mouse pad at the bottom of the keyboard. Oh! Phil didn't take the butt shot. It was DEBRA who pointed and clicked!!! I know!!! What's up with that! I think she had one too many Coronas that day!:eek:

Debra...
Ooo, Isn't Bliss Rider a good one for the legs! Those varying chair poses and fluctuating warrior ones get me too!!! My ethics/communications teacher said she had issues with power yoga and heated yoga... something about tearing muscle fibers. (Um, isn't that what we do when we lift?) Anyhow, she loves hatha yoga since it's all about lengthening. I tried hatha yoga. And, well... It's alright. Whatever. I still prefer the slow flow class that I did before school started. Have you considered putting the Diva's trundle bed under your bed for nightmare moments? I had to LOL when I read your ice cream one night choice and no mention of beverage choices. :D Funny!!! Well, you saw how much I can eat!!! So, no slamming from the peanut gallery!!!

Patricia...
Have a safe drive! Yes, it does look like you were meant to see the family this weekend!!! Hope you start feeling better soon!!!

Okay ladies. Off to look at my dvds and decide what to do.

Ballistic Hugs to ALL!
Wendy

Good morning,
It was GS BSB this morning. My arms are pumped right now and toasty. I even left off the forearm weight work. Had had enough. Tonite is a haircut and color, then housecleaning and some yardwork and watering. Have a bike ride/golf game scheduled for Saturday early with a girlfriend that rides with me. She's a much better golfer than myself. I'd like to get a time to hit some whiffle balls in tonite too. So much to do or want to do and not enough time.

Wendy, have a safe trip today. Glad you got that A in class. No bribes for the teacher either? Sounds like you are almost healed if the PT says you can do 3 pullups. I'd be happy to even do 1 while uninjured. The golf game had a few nice moments, the rest was so-so. I just have to be patient and not get bummed. Think and try to figure out why my swing is too steep or too high or whatever. I really haven't gotten to practice my new swing since my lesson last week. Need to tonite. That Debra and her Corona's! Snap happy, was she? I haven't lost a post in a while, bummed that I lost all that. I clicked on something and lost all my open window tabs at the bottom.

Gotta run, DH made some chili beans to take to work for he and the fellas today. He loves to cook for people. Smells good.

Morning Coolers,

Todays workout was a 5m run.

DH and I went to see the new Mummy movie. I thought is was good. They did have a new woman play his wife, which was just fine with me. I wasn't there for the view of her anyway. :) Some of the special effects where a little strange, but over all it was your typical Mummy movie.

Thanks for all the Birthday wishes everyone!

Wendy, I am with you on the non-bodybuilding body. I know that I will never get to be like that, and really don't want to either. I love my food to much. :) Yes my DD had a sports physical. I had to leave the room, because of course the dr. had to ask personal questions. And I of course asked DD what the ? where. They asked if she was sexually active, and about TTOM. I am so glad that my DD is willing to talk to me about things like this. She was given her updated chicken pox and the shot for menengitice (sp?) I am holding of yet on the Gardacyl until I talk with her reg. dr. I just didn't want her getting so many shots, and if she had a reaction to one of them, we wouldn't know which one. :( Have a safe trip.

Pam, Dang on the not feeling good. Yipee on your BB wins. Sorry to hear about DH's GU. I'm used to those fiddle contests, we had cousins from Ohio that used to play all the time. Had a GU that played the squeeze box too. ;) Sounds like DS had a great time with the music too.

Kim, Hope all is well with Bandit. :(

Debra, I didn't get to have a glass of wine, but I did have a wonderful Margarita! They did not scrimp on the alcohol at all. :D Yes I did order the STS workouts. I probably would order just about anything Cathe decides to make. :eek:

Jeanette, Glad you could get those arms toasty and pumped. :D Watch out wiffle balls! You reminded me that I need to call my stylist. They have been calling me about my appointment. :(

Have a great day!

Laurie

Hi all! Hope everyone is having a good day so far. I am feeling pretty beat today....started ttom, slept with a thrashing Diva and worked out 3 days in a row...I guess that is all that it takes for this old gal now! I am about ready for a nap...LOL! I am planning on a rest day today....obviously...LOL! :rolleyes: CBL is coming over for dinner tonight...I am making baked chicken, potatoes and green beans. Relatively healthy, I guess.

Okay...time for a few personals.....

Laurie....
Glad you enjoyed the movie last night! The margarita sounds like just the ticket!! I'm the same way with the Cathe workouts...as long as they are intermediate to advanced, I'll get them. :) Glad to hear DD's dr. appt went well....It is wonderful she is comfortable talking to you about all of those things. I am also glad to know that you will be getting her the Gardacyl shot...I think it is so important to be protected against as many things as possible....especially where those dang boys are concerned!! :confused:

Wendy....
Well, I thought it was obvious that my beverage choices were in the realm of 'unhealthy'...LOL...so I didn't need to mention that...but my point was, that I only ate ice cream on the night where I didn't make those beverage choices...LOL! :) I don't think I have ever done a hatha yoga class before. I can understand how people can believe that power yoga can lead to injuries...I think a lot of people try to go too deep, too soon and without proper form....therefore, they get hurt. :rolleyes: I, too, like the slow flow type of yoga....I need to find a local class to keep up my form. I did keep in mind a lot of what Eoin taught us while doing yoga yesterday. I just need to make it second nature instead of having to make myself think about it. Have a fun safe trip up to the Shore...Tell Patti I said hello! And give the Swanettes and MIL hugs and kisses from us. Poor Baby, I am sure she has missed you guys terribly! :( I had to order my physics book from Amazon since the campus bookstore was out of stock...WTH??? :mad: How can they be out of stock on a book for a class that has multiple sections???? Congrats on the A in Communications/Ethics...I guess the teacher likes you better now...lol..:p.

Jeanette...
Sorry about the lost post last night...How frustrating!!!! :( I bet you will be feeling today's workout in the morning! :eek: Or maybe not since you have built up so much endurance with all of the shoveling lately...LOL! I did have a few Corona's while on vacation...more Mojito's though....but don't let little Miss Wendy fool you...She threw back a few Corona's herself...LOL! :D Sounds like you have a busy evening planned...Hope your hair looks fabulous when it's done!

Okay...think I caught up with everyone else last night. Hope everyone has a great afternoon and evening.

pictures

Hey...just wanted to let you all know I added a few pics to a private album for friends and contacts to see....I don't think I duplicated any of Wendy's, but I may have...just FYI.

Debra...
Shuush! I'm having to finish the Coronas we left at MIL's house. Yes, I'm on bottle #2. Hey. I waited till noon! :p I'll leave the Mojitos for her!!!:cool: I hope you're stuffing that chicken too! What a waste of space if not. :eek: I may stop over Patti's tonight depending on the weather and the Coronas. It's calling for thunderstorms. UGH!!! OH! Please PM me the directions on how you grill squash and pork. I'm planning on having Phil cook it this weekend. :D

Okay, since I used up all my smilies on Debra, I'll have to post the rest of personals after a few more drinks.

Ballistic Hugs,
Wendy

Hello all, thanks for all the well wishes for my "puppy". The poor thing, it was truly dreadful. I work in health care and see many awful things but lets just say I'm glad that she happened to be in the backyard and that the kids were not anywhere around. Amanda, was hysterical at just seeing her even after DH bathed her as much as possible. People in the waiting room were alarmed and this was after I bathed her.

Bandit seemed fine after that, the vet took bloodwork which showed that she was extremely anemic but all her other levels were normal. The question is why is she so anemic? The vet really wanted to do a barium swallow/xray :confused: and then maybe a scope. I reminded her that she's 15 yrs old with poor eyes,ears and knees. I just wanted to see what was up and if she was in any pain. The visit cost me $225 just for meds/bloodwork/exam. The xray would have been another $150. She and I agreed to take her home for 24 hrs on meds to line her stomach. She's going back again in a few minutes to check her red blood cells, if they have dropped significantly since yesterday that will be a really bad sign mostly likely cancer and we would have to decide what we what to do. If it hasn't dropped much then we may be able to manage her on meds but for how long, I mean she's 15?

Dh is taking her tonight as dd and I have tickets for a production of Peter Pan. We won't decide anything tonight. She seems back to normal today, it's hard to believe it even happened.

Got to run, I'm on holidays for the next 19 days so should have lots of time to catch up!

Kim

Hi all,
Got my hair cut and gray touched up. Took 5 years off of me! My little Portuguese grandma dyed her hair up until she was close to 90. Wonder if I'll be like that too. She never looked old to me. Had beautiful skin. Like Wendy :D. Came home after the haircut and took a wee nap on the couch with the swamp cooler going. It was close to 100 here today I think. After that, I mowed the front lawn, washed dishes, mopped the kitchen floor and did a load of laundry. Also hit some golf whiffle balls. Glad it's Friday tomorrow. Saturday will be a 30 miler around a local lake, with 9 holes of golf afterwards at a new to me golf course. Looking forward to that. When I get done with that adventure, will be returning home and DH and the dogs and I will go out gold panning again. Sunday will be devoted to working in the back yard.

I checked out the YouTube of STS. Looks great, but tons of pushups. I just have to get my mind right and will modify if needed.

Kim, glad that Bandit is feeling better. It's so tough when our animals are sick. 15 is pretty old. None of this is easy (((hugs to you and your family))). When is your DS's surgery?

Wendy, have a Corona for me, okay?

Debra, great pictures. Love Julia on the wave board! Bet she had fun. I don't know if I'll feel DOMS from my workout today, but I do have blisters and callouses on my hands from all that pick & shovel work. They are sore! Yum on dinner tonite. Sounds plenty healthy to me.

Laurie, glad you liked the Mummy movie. Great that you have such good relationships with your DD's. My DD is real open about that kind of stuff. So glad. Wasn't that way with me and my Mom. I still can't talk about private stuff with her and neither can my sisters. It's just tooo, uhh, embarrassing.

Patricia, hope you are feeling better each day. Miss you...

See y'all in the a.m.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.