~~~Watercooler~~~Water Buffalo Monday!

aschendell

Cathlete
At least I think there are some water buffalo at our zoo...LOL! I know there are regular bison...Wish me luck with the germ infested urchins today!

Jeanette....
Actually the tornadoes hit as close as a mile away from our house. The farmer's market got hit pretty bad. A lot of folks lost their plants and produce. Have fun golfing today...And any walking counts as cardio to me...LOL!

Caught up with everyone else over the weekend...Hope everyone has a great day!!!
Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Morning Everyone

Not looking forward to this week at work. It's going to be a bit stressful I think for reasons I can't go into on a public forum. Oh well ;(

Debra - yikes on the tornadoes. I caught just a brief snippet on the news and it looked ugly. Then driving in to work today the news mentioned about an earthquake over in China and knocking down a primary school - won't turn everyone's day off by saying more. BTW - GOOD LUCK:p :p

Enjoyed Survivor last night but the person I wanted to win didn't (won't say who in case I spoil it for someone). Loved the fact that Ozzy and Amanda are together. Hmmmm, a million bucks or Ozzy - that's a tough decision. Who the frig did Jeff's hair for the reunion - made him look old and ugly.

Gotta get back to work.

BBL

Morning Coolers,

Sorry I didn't get back on to chat, but I did have a great time with the DD's shopping. They spent their gift cards, so all is right with the world. :D

For mothers day it started out with me walking the dog in the rain. x( Kind of wished for someone in the family to magically get up and walk her. Just didn't happen. :7 :7 Then is was get ready for church, and had to sing at both services. Got home and DH had a lovely bouquet of flowers for me, and a cute card. The girls made me a card, and now I want the pretty dress that they created for the front cover. I was a little tired, so took a nap. Then we headed to his brothers house to spend time with his family. Overall that was a good time too, my MIL was in a good mood (no depression) :7 !

This morning I decided to take Cami on my run, and she was having a great time until we hit about the 2m mark. I wanted to go one way, and she wanted to go the shorter way home. :7 :7 So I took pitty on her, and we headed home. Up to that point she was doing a pretty good job of running with me. We got home, and I decided to finish the last mile on the TM at a 9 min mile pace. I also did the cardio from BBC Chest & Abs. I would like to do the weight work on that one later tonight. For some reason I'm really feeling energized today. Maybe not working out yesterday had something to do with it. :D

Debra, You reminded me of that bison burger that I had while we where at the retreat. I had a beef burger yesterday that my BIL made, and I think that I will have to find bison. That burger just didn't compare at all. Told my DH that, and he said that he would love to try it too. :9 Dang that tornado was close, I saw some of the clips of that. Keep those germ infested urchins at arms length, but have a great time at the zoo.

Patricia, Hope that you don't get to stressed this week. Maybe if will fly by! Nice of your DH to make you french toast. My DH got home from work at 1:30 am so he was pretty tired. He decided to take a nap yesterday too.

Kim, Did you get a chance to see the kitchen in the other house? Should be interesting to see how much it changed?

Jeanette, That hill climb you did sounds tough. WTG on that ride! Your Mother Day sounds really nice, I tried calling my mother but she wasn't home. That is about how it goes with her and Dad, they are always doing something. ;-) I totally agree, the MD is suppose to be all about MOM, so I was really happy when I didn't have to take the dog for a walk or cook all day. Didn't have to load the dishwasher either, what I nice day. Just the little things make me happy! :D

Wendy, Hope you had a great time this weekend.

Have to get to work,

Laurie

Morning,
No workout for me this morning. Will play 9 holes of golf with a girlfriend after work. Legs feel good today after yesterday's hill climb ride. Tomorrow will be the TOUGH hill that is in our area. I've never ridden anything worse than this hill so we'll see how it goes.

Will check back tonite and catch up.

Jeanette

Hi Ladies!

It's eerily quite today!!!

I'm on my way home. Today was Phil's birthday.

Chat more when I get home.

Wendy

Pretty quiet around here, the last couple of days.

I has some ups and downs yesterday on Mother's Day. I ended up pretty weepy all morning;( . Every year Mother's Day just hits me like a ton of bricks, I don't even realize what's happening, don't think I'm dwelling on my baby boy but just end up a terrible mess. I find Mother's Day way harder than his birthday for some reason. I wanted to go out to the cemetery but just couldn't do it. Went to church where the minister talked about Mary's pain at losing her son and he also talked alot about mothers who lose children. Had me weeping again but by the time it was over I felt very comforted and came home and had a nice day. I was pretty grumpy to my family all morning, DH never seems to quite get it although he is very sweet and tries.

They bought me a beautiful watch and the kids made lots of homemade crafts at school.

Jeanette- How nice for you to have all 3 kids around on mother's day. Do they all live close by you? What do they all do? I'm sure that it was a bit of an emotional day for you and your mother as well. I started setting up the pool and realized there was a leak, so patched it and now it's pouring rain today so will try again tomorrow night. Good luck on that hill tomorrow!

Debra- That's sweet that CBL bought you a mother's day gift. The housing market here is crazy! It's a seller's market, houses sell well over the asking price and quickly. For example this house next door 1,040 sq feet with no garage, sold 2.5 yrs ago for $135,000, last fall for $175,000 and is now listed for $220,000. I wonder if these guys overlisted they were taking offers tonight, so I'm waiting to see if the SOLD sign goes up tonight. They did a beautiful job inside, hard to get ideas because it looks totally different than my kitchen now.

Patricia Hope work wasn't too stressful for you today. I wished that the other person had won the Survivor but it turned out okay.

Laurie I'm glad that you had a nice mother's day. Seeing above about the house next door. They spent so much money renovating that it looks totally different inside. My house is never going to look like that.

Wendy Hope you enjoyed your weekend away!

Sandra- Hope you got some time to relax on Mother's Day!

Kim

Hi all...I made it through the zoo...although just barely! One of the little urchins kept trying to crawl over the railings into the cages with the wild animals...Crazy child! I needed a little cocktail about midway through! Next time I will know to take my own little stash...LOL! No workout for me today...although I did walk about 5 miles at the zoo....it's huge! So although my heart rate didn't get up there (except when the kid was trying to jump in with the grizzly bear) maybe it counts for something. I have a meeting with my advisor at school tomorrow morning...hopefully to work out all of the screw ups with my summer and fall schedule. I did get my grade back today from my last semester class...I got an A! I am feeling very proud of myself.

personals....

Patricia...
So, of course, you got my curiosity up with your work problems...I hope every thing is going okay. We were certainly safe during the tornadoes....but they did hit pretty close.

Wendy...
Happy Birthday to Phil!!! Give him a big squeeze for me...LOL!

Jeanette....
Hope golf went wonderfully for you. I know you are going to be a Tigress soon!

Kim...
Poor dear....I can't even imagine what you must go through with losing a child. It is incomprehensible to me. I know that Mother's Day must be bittersweet since you have 2 wonderful, healthy (well, except for the testicle...lol) children but your heart must ache at the same time. Wow about the home values up there! That is wonderful...I wish I could say the same since I really need to get this house on the market in the near future....I am resisting it, though. I love this house and the property it is on, but I am not going to be able to afford it once XDH and I divorce for good.

Laurie...
Sounds like you had a very relaxing Mother's Day...except for the dog walk in the rain...lol. I can't believe Cami can't keep up with you running....I wish you were here to run Polly around! Maybe I should just put her on the treadmill...LOL! You are cracking me up with the bison burger as we were talking about at the zoo about how few there are now compared to how it was when this country was first settled. And here you are talking about eating them...poor things...although these today didn't look too appetizing...they were shedding....ugh. Did I tell you I got some of my free wine from Childress the other day?? I haven't opened the case yet, but I will let you know what I got.

Sandra....
WHERE ARE YOU????

Waving to the rest of the busy Coolers! Hope everyone is doing well. Wish me luck with my advisor tomorrow....This meeting will either keep me on track or push me back a year. Ugh. Happy evening to all!

Debra

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Whew! Just made it through CC#7 on the tm. I really really didn't want to run today. It's been grey and rainy all day just wanted to sit on the couch and watch tv. So it's good that there was nothing on tv and ds wanted to play the Wii, nothing else to do so on the tm.

Debra, my ds was at the zoo for a field trip. Last week I almost switched my days around at work so I could be a parent volunteer but decided some of my patients were too difficult to rearrange their schedules. I was glad I didn't go as it was raining all day but ds said he had a blast! LOL So I guess the rain didn't dampen their enthusiasm I'm not sure what the parent volunteers were saying.

When do you think you'll put you're house on the market? Kim

Good evening everyone,

I thought this week was going to be a reprieve from last week's busy-ness, but it's not looking good :( . This is the first chance I've had all day to even glance online. I guess I'd better just say that this week hearing from me will be a hit-and-miss kind of thing. I have a pile of written mini-assignments due by Friday, for the Instructor course. I have no more evening courses, though, so that's good. Just a few more weekend days.

Kim - I was moved by your Mother's Day experiences. I can't even begin to imagine how hard such events must be for you.

Jeanette - I did a 1hr, 49min bike ride yesterday. How long did your 40 miler take, might I ask?

Patricia - Well, I'm intrigued by what's happening that's not appropriate for a public forum ;) I hope the week goes by quickly, at least.

Debra - Oh my! Those tornadoes got a little too close!! How sad that your market got hit so hard.

Wendy - How interesting. My DH and your DH have their b-days only days apart, and you and I are only a day apart in August. What wonderful gift did you give Phil?

Laurie - Well, that wasn't the right way to start off MOTHER'S DAY!! I hope Cami gave you a big wet kiss as a thank you :)

Well, I've got to go put the kids to bed, then work on my thesis a bit more, then complete 3 mini-assignments.

Have a good night,
Sandra

Kim...
Way to go with the workout...especially when you weren't feeling the love! At least we had good weather for the zoo...it was a little chilly, but no rain. And of course, for us a little chilly is in the 60's. I am sure the parents at your DS's school weren't nearly as enthusiastic as he was...but it's for the kids...right?? Right?? The plan is to put the house on the market spring of 2009...and maybe I will be glad by then if the neighbors keep bugging me....LOL. But at this point, I don't want to move again...but the house is truly too big for just DD and me. I have moved nine times in the past 13 years...so I about fed up with the whole moving thing. I really thought when I moved here that it would be the last move for a long while...but things just didn't work out that way. Ugh. Now I really have to wait until the housing market turns around here since I need to get the equity out of this house to put on a down payment for our next home...which hopefully will be the last for a LONG time. Hope you have a great evening!

Debra

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Popping in to share eldest dd's first catch. We cooked up Phil's catch for his birthday. We're cooking dd's catch tomorrow for dinner.

317078048.jpg

It weighed 7.5 pounds and was over 25" tall.

Here's a closer pic of the trout:

317078046.jpg

She caught her rainbow trout on my friend's stream Sunday night:
317078044.jpg

I'll chat more tomorrow. It's late!!!!

Sweet Dreams to ALL!
Wendy

Hi all,
Busy, busy at work today. Just trying to dig out from 2 1/2 days off last week. Made a good dent in it. Afterwards, golfed 9 holes with my neighbor, who is also a cyclist and has been riding on Tuesday nights with me. We had a good time and the golf course was beautiful and temps were comfortable. My lesson last week helped a lot. I plan on practicing for another week or two and then going back for some more instruction.

Just got an email from the gal who put together our triathlon relay. Seems she injured her shoulder so won't be able to do the swim portion of the relay. However, our runner, who is also an Ironman athlete, has offered to do the swim AND the run. I'm glad she's willing to do this, though she admits to not swimming since last October. She also has not been on a bike since her Ironman competition in Hawaii (Kona) last October. She's taking a break from the intense Ironman training that she's done for some years. It's going to be an exciting event for me!!!

Debra, how scary with the tornados near you. Hope they stay far away from your town from now on.

Patricia, hope the drama at your worksite isn't too bad. You've got my curiosity piqued.

Laurie, nice Mother's day for you I see. When you sing at church, are you singing solos? Isn't it a great feeling to have all that energy? I'm feeling like I can really go for it this Sunday on the tri relay. I love it when I can overtake other riders. I set my tractor beam on them and reel them in LOL! Hope you can find some bison somewhere to eat. I had buffalo ribs once and they were good! Yep, the hill climb tomorrow is a real tough one. It's one where you don't want to stop on the hill because it's tough to get going again. The only way I can make it up without stopping is to do it slowly as the heart rate spikes big time on that steep slope. There will be 4 other ladies climbing it and we'll all be suffering together. Somehow, that's comforting LOL.

Wendy, what was Phil's birthday celebration like? NICE FISH PICTURES!!!! I just showed them to the Captain and he's impressed!!! You mean you didn't throw it back in??? Catch and release and all that other stuff? I'd have kept it too! Are you going to have a fish fry and hush puppies? I absolutely love fish!!! We have a nearby lake that has big fish in it that has pink meat just like salmon. Yum! Of course, I love to eat it with tartar sauce.

Kim, my heart goes out to you. I can't even imagine the sorrow you've experienced. So glad you could gain some comfort from the minister's message. I have a stepson and daughter that live nearby. He's a lineman and DD is a rancher's wife, with 2 little ones. Our son lives about 80 miles away and is also a lineman for a public utility company. Thanks for the good luck wishes for the hill climb. It is one of those climbs where you have to be mentally tough tough tough. Hope the weather cooperates and you can get the pool set up.

Debra, I KNEW you'd get an A!!! All that candy you bribed everyone with paid off. Hope the meeting goes well tomorrow. Will you have a heavier workload? No summer off from schoolwork? The zoo does not even sound fun while having to keep an eye on the children. I'm getting a headache just thinking about it. Have a glass of Childress for me.

Sandra, sorry you are so busy, but I guess it's all good. Our 40 mile ride had a time of 2 hours 55 minutes, but lots of climbing for an average of 13 something. The downhills just don't make up for the slow uphills timewise. Hills are good training though.

Okay, got to go to bed now. Thinking of doing a full body weight workout tomorrow. Have really enjoyed the 4DS weight workouts, but will switch it up for a while.

Jeanette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.