~~~ DAMAGE CONTROL~~~ Saturday

Sunshine1528

Cathlete
Good morning ladies !

Getting us started though I am not ready for my workout yet ! :p

Have only hit the weights and cardio once this week so far :( so think I may do a total body minus chest and tri's which I have already done.

Gotta get DH going on the "snuggles" a bit earlier today so I can workout. :rolleyes:

Busy day with an open house, 60th Bday for DH's uncle and then a Sharks game. Ugh ! I have so many other things I need to do. Oh well, should be fun !

BBL to see what everyone else is up to.

Help . . . technically challenged

OK - why doesn't my thread title show in bold letters?

I can't figure out how to make it bold. Help the technically challenged please. :D

Hey girls

I'm sure it will be quiet in here today. I've been on the puter checking out CLX.:rolleyes: Ug! The chatter on the OF is killin' me! I'm still sticking to my guns and holding off until after I give STS a shot. I'm not seeing the 2 packages for CLX offered though....what's that all about anyways?

Well, yesterday while I was in the Sec. of State registering a trailer for DH, Cody came in and said Cam had a bloody nose. I told him just put tissues on it since I figured it was from the dryness and the chlorine in the pool from yesterday. Uh, no....Cody popped him one while I was in there.:mad::eek: That's a first....and hopefully a LAST! I was pi$$ed! Cam got blood all over the (tan) car seats. I called the kids' parents of the boys who were supposed to come over and spend the night and cancelled. I was so embarassed to have to do that but there was no way I was gonna let them have fun after that! So, when I got home, I scrubbed out the car and hopefully got the blood out and then tackled BBC legs and added the TM cardio option that I did on the EXT. I've never done that before and prefer CC, but it was a good sweat and calorie burner. My butt is feeling it this morning and my arms are still feeling PUB from 2 days ago.

Jacque - Sorry about the poor sleep and bad back.:( Hopefully a couple of good night's sleep will help with the back. I don't generally have much trouble sleeping so I can't give you much advice there. I'm generally pretty lucky with that, but I do get really cranky when I get sleep deprived.
I came home and tried to get online to get our tax rate for SUI, but it takes 7-10 days for them to process a request. So, I was SOL... Ya, MI has NO money either and has one of the highest unemployment rates in the nation....I believe one of the leaders for the past 5 years or so. this state is in a sad situation right now, so I guess I shouldn't complain since I do at least have a job. It's just ridiculous how they figure the tax rate. I will be sending some nasty grams soon to my legislators!
Hope you get some down time this weekend to get some rest.:)

Diana - Too bad your neighbor didn't think to talk to you first. That does make for a sticky situation.
Good luck tackling the basement today.
Ah yes, college money. We have invested in mutual funds for that, but of coarse, the value has dropped drastically this past year. It has a few years to catch up though, so I'm hoping there will be a nice account there by the time they decide what to do.
I have a 20# KB and will also have a 15# by Sunday. My BIL will be bringing it up for me then....I had my sis buy one at target, which we don't have up here.:confused: I'm not sure what I did on the clinic DVD that made my shoulder sore for a week. But, obviously a 20# for overhead exercises was too ambitious for me. I really thought that I had torn something, even though I never felt anything give when I was doing it. It was the next day that it hurt like crazy.

OK - better go think about getting something done. I'm still in my jammies.:) Gotta figure out what w/o is on tap for today. I think it may be KPC.

Angie

Last edited:
Good Morning Ladies,

My legs were so sore yesterday I ended up taking some ibuprofen last night. I'm pretty sure it's from the kb w/o but it could be CLX also.

A girlfriend called last night to sign up the boys for a day of tubing at a ski resort on one of their days off from school. Since we were both stir crazy we went to the rec ctr to sign them up, we could've done it over the phone. Then I stayed at her house and watched Wanted, probably the 4th time I've seen it. I'm getting stir crazy being at home. She wants to go work out at the rec ctr today too:). She always wants to workout but never ***finds*** the time. If we do go to the rec ctr I will do track and stair running for cardio.

I do have a CLX cardio on tap for today also. I'll do that one this morning just in case she cancels the rec ctr. I am liking the shorter workouts which really surprise me. I like to spend at least a full hour working out. But I am definitely spent at the end of the CLX dvd's. Once I go back to work I can simply add on the EXT to make it a full hour.

We still need to tackle the basement. If DH doesn't want to them I'm simply shoving all the boxes and xmas stuff back under the stairs. I'm sick of all the boxes being all over the place and you can't walk from one end to the other without walking through a maze of boxes.:mad:

Jacque-you have a busy day planned! I have the same problem, I can't bold the titles either. Have a great day.

bbl

Hi Jacque - Will the "B" under the message line do it? Sorry, I'm not much help...I don't think I've ever done it before.
Have fun today - life's short - enjoy it!!;)

Angie

Hey again girlie friends !

OK - I am hoping today is a start to a new beginning since Dec was not a stellar month for me.

Got GS BBS done - timesaver - but still feeling it a bit already. Not enough energy for legs this AM so will attempt it tomorrow AM. Kitchen cleaned, amaryllis from DH for Xmas 'planted' and that egged me on to go fetch the ones from the backyard and see if the warmer house weather will help them bloom. We have had so much frost for the past few weeks that I am hoping it helps my tulips. Funny that bulbs can grow so well in CA, but see my pic on the picture trail that I finally got to when I ditched my workout the other day ! :rolleyes:

Angie - I got a pretty decent sleep last night and woke up without too much back soreness at all. I iced a few times the past two days and that usually helps. Also adjusted my positioning alot at work y'day. Funny to work on the computer while standing up - definitely not ergonomic ! :eek: - but helped me make it through almost an entire work day.

Bummer about the boys fight - I remember my bro and I fighting to no end - my kids did quite well until the older one was in jr. high. But then he ended up moving to his Dad's so the other two were only subjected to it when they visited over there. Good job in sticking to your guns and cancelling his "play date". As they get older there are fewer actions you can take that really hit them where it hurts. That is when it gets tough. Not missing those days, not one single bit. :D

I'm so tempted to check out CLX too, but have STS coming and DH fessed up that AOS supposedly shipped my DVD's but they haven't made it yet? He ordered at least a few days b4 Xmas - did any of you ever have trouble with the shipping from AOS? They didn't even send a shipping confirmation other than their own order #. Is that standard for them? Anywho, they are "reshipping" and he order Prov. New and Fire. Guess I have lots ahead of me. I picked up my 2nd 15# and a 20# last week so am raring to go. All in all, I will hold out with you on the CLX as I am anxious for STS. Want some new workouts without repetition these days. :p

Diana - We had a fence blow down in a wind storm once but only had a very dear friend next door and no neighbors behind. I just got an estimate and the insurance company took care of it. Can you get an invoice from whoever is putting it back up and then submit that? It sounds like it will be cheaper anyway and what insurance company would not want that? Hope you get the roof fixed too.

Hope your friend commits to working out this time. Sounds like you have some good plans in case she doesn't though. I did pull all the ornaments off the tree and pick up the few Xmas decos I spread v e r y t h i n l y throughout the rest of the house. ;) Wasn't up to climbing the ladder to get my boxes back down but will get to that probably tomorrow. DH has only 3 more doors to install and I need to get my BEHIND moving to finish the trim and baseboards. That will please me to no end. I am loving walking around the house just looking at what I have done so far and man oh man, was eyeing my kitchen cabinets (old, dented, chewed by the parrot and half the stain coming off where I have cleaned) with a vengence as my faucet is rusting and DH has been staining my Comet laden sink with rust lately. :rolleyes: Course we have a new faucet, by why put it in an old sink? If DH's job is less risky later in the year I think I have some big plans.

OK - enough chatting for now - time to get to checking off some "To Do's".

I did try to Bold the title with the "B" at the top here but it only affected this post and not the title. I am sure Wendy will be able to help when she gets back. ;)

Hey Laura, Jen, Wendy, Shirl - hope the day is going well for you.

Hiya

Jacque - That's strange about AOS. They never did send me a confirmation or shipping email, but I got them all very quickly. I haven't got my credit card stmt yet, but I'm sure they have been charged since I've had them all before X-mas.

Glad your back is feeling better. It seems funny to be chatting about flowers this time of year. My uncle just got back from Tennessee and he said there are green lawns down there. Hmmmm - a lawn? What does that look like?? *lol* Nothing but white for me.

Yup, I was thinking the same thing. I have new KB workouts and plenty of other stuff to keep me busy for a while. I'm sure CLX will be part of my collection soon enough, but I don't want to order now and then just have it sit for months. I may even give a KB workout a shot today since I still haven't worked out today.

You are right.....at least I do have the tools available to make a point with the boys. I know I won't have them much more.:( I was so disappointed to have to be the heavy. I really wanted to see them have a great time with their friends. I don't let them have friends over very often b/c it is so much work, so this would have been a real treat for them. Oh well, I think a very valuable lesson has been learned.

Diana - So did you end up going to the rec center with your friend?

I have been messing around on the computer ALL DAY!:eek: Not having much fun though. I am looking for a high yield savings account on line. After searching several sites, I think I have finally found a winner. Dollar Savings Direct is offering 4% APY with on-line savings accounts. I'm thinking of opening an account and transferring my savings since I'm getting less than 1% at my local credit union. I also know that Suze Orman highly recommends Emigrant Direct, which is the parent bank of DSD. The only thing holding me back is that there is no brick and mortar stores anywhere close to me....only NY I think. But, it is FDIC insured. So, see - I haven't been having any fun online.....just more personal finance stuff - YUK!:p I would much rather have been surfing the Cathe site all day.:D

Alrighty then.....I need to get off my duff! Catch you ladies later.

Angie

Hey Girlies-

I did Burn Intervals and abs this morning and guess what....Just after showering and eating my friend called to go to the rec ctr. I did mainly cardio consisting of track running and stairs. I did a 1 mile warmup run an then ran 2 laps (recovery), 4 sets of stairs repeating for a 30 minute total cardio w/o. Then I did some weighted ab work and some bodyweight only squats, step ups, one legged lunges etc for the remaining 30 minutes. I was tired when we left.

As far as CLX goes I'm really enjoying it. I'm spent at the end of the workouts. I hope to see good results from this program. Once I go back to work on Monday I will be back on track with my eating. Tomorrow I will be making my meals for the week which is always a good thing. The past two weeks haven't been terrible, but could've been much better.

Jacque-I also never received a ship notice but they arrived quickly especially with the holidays. Newport was the most difficult KB w/o for me. I did Providence and I liked that one, the other one I have is Empire State and it was good too. I don't have fire but will continue working with the 3 I have.

Angie-Good Luck finding a high yield savings account. DH put our savings in 4.5% money market account and that is working out good for us. We do have to lock it up for 5 months at a time. DH didn't put all of our savings in there so we could have some available in the event of an emergency, car repair, medical or whatever. I can't remember what the minimum balance was but I'm sure it was less than 10K which really surprised me. I hate dealing with the bank so DH usually takes care of that stuff, but I have to deal with the day to day finances that I have now gotten him involved in. I'm so jealous (and proud of you) that you paid off your house at your young age. I'll get there someday. Sorry about the boys fighting, that is the reason I was off for the past 2 weeks. Boys don't pull hair, they punch. Cody knocked out one of Zach's front teeth and Zach has fake tooth because of it. Yep, we made Cody pay for it.

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend. I'm making a grocery list and heading to the store.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.