~~~~DGMT~~~~Thursday12/20

TXGin

Cathlete
Good Morning DM! T?

Today was IMAX 3. IMAX 1 was on the schedule, but I like 3 better. I love it when Jai is smiling at the end and Cathe looks at her and says," What's up with that?"
I had my ds using the band for back and triceps the other day. I think he prefers the weights, but it was something different. I want him to try Core Syn. before he goes back to school.
I have a lunch/workshop for school today and then a birthday party for a friend tonight. It's a wine tasting and I don't drink. Wonder if I will still have to pay?:eek:
Sounds as if we are all saving our $ for STS!:)

Deanie--ME on the schedule for tomorrow. I guess I will do PH on Sunday. I think it's the format and the form pointers in between and Cathe's hair that I don't care for as much. It's just not my fav. Is your last day and your boys tomorrow?

Marcy--Are you through with work until after the New Year? Yeah!

Tracee--Don't give up on us!:)

Have a great day!
Gin:)

Good Morning DGT!

Today was Erich Schiffmann's Inversions. It was the first time doing this. I previewed it last night to let me know what I was in for. This is about a 65 min. practice which is intermediate/advanced. It had a 10 min. headstand sequence and a 10 minute shoulder stand sequence. I got into headstand a couple of times but most of the time I kept falling over onto my loveseat and then did a back walkover back to starting. He has you start with a one legged headstand and then slowly ease into it with both legs and then does twisting while in headstand and lowering the legs into splits. Very challenging. Shoulderstand was easier for me but he does an armless shoulder stand with arms up by your sides (need core strength for this one). I had done it this way a couple of times with Mark Blanchard. Then there are some hip openers, twists and forward bends. I really enjoyed this practice but still have plenty to work on.

I also made up Ab Ripper X. I decided to do the Mason Twists with a 5# dbbl and still managed to do 50 reps. I'll try with 8# next time. I'm so glad next week is recovery week.

Tonight is the Xmas party at my dance place.

Gin - Yes, I'm done with work until the new year. YAYYYYY! I'm about to go and get my haircut. I like IMAX 3 way better than 1. I'm curious to see what your DS will think of Core Syn (if you manage to get him to do it.) I prefer weights too but bands do give you quite the little burn.

Deanie - Where are you? It's shocking for me to be posting before you. What yoga did you do today?

Tracee - Hope you're getting plenty of rest and relaxation so you can rejoin us soon.

Marcy

Good Afternoon :)

Today has been crazy, and this is the first time I've had to sit down at the computer! I did DS 45 min yoga practice. I like his yoga the best, but I just don't seem to be in the "yoga" state of mind lately. I think maybe next week I will try one of my other yoga tapes or the longer DS yoga. Maybe its just to slow moving for me.

Gin~ I hope you enjoy your lunch/workshop today and your party tonight! your such the party girl;-) I'm sure your DS will enjoy core synergistics, it is different, if nothing else. I like Imax 3 the best also, but 1 is the hardest I think. Enjoy ME tomorrow- I'm glad its you and not me doing it! LOL Tomorrow is the last day of school for both me and my boys. I will be baking cookies in a few minutes for my younger DSs winter party at school tomorrow.

Marcy~ I seem to be the opposite of you about the yoga. You are so into it the more you do it, and I seem to dislike it the more I do it! The weird thing is, before I found Cathe, I had been doing yoga for years and only yoga, no weights. I just don't seem to have the concentration anymore. Have fun at your Xmas party tonight!! I hope your hair cut comes out good, you said you were going to do layers. Did you? or did you change your mind? Enjoy your vacation. I am looking forward to recovery week too. I also need to preview the workouts for the following week, which I haven't done yet.

Tracee~ Hey!

Deanie:*

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.