~~~~Coolers in March~~~

lvnascar

Cathlete
Already March, I can't believe it.

Workout this morning was the 2nd Insanity Fit Test and CTX/MIS Chest.
Results Day1/Day 15

Switch Kicks 120/128
Power Jacks 54/55
Power Knees 92/102
Power Jumps 43/54
Globe Jumps 9/10
Suicide Jumps 20/23
Push-Up Jacks 20/25
Low Plank Oblique 44/70

Congrats to Canada on their Hockey win. :D Was a pretty good game, I'm guessing. I only watched some of it when commercials where on during the race.

Have a great day!

Morning Coolers

Lazy weekend for me. Took DS to hockey but he really is not wanting to go anymore. I'm ready to let him quit since there is only 1 month left and the other kids are skating circles around him but DH doesn't want to as this may give DS the impression it's okay to quit:rolleyes: I found out at 6:30am Sat. that DH had to go into work so not only did I have to take DS to hockey at 7:30am but I also had a hair appt that he tagged along to as it was too late to re-schedule. DH said he told me on Wed he had to work - NOT:mad: Oh well, DS was well behaved but I was getting a colour and cut so I ended up just getting a colour to be quick about it!

I took Sat. as a rest day and then SS - Burn it Up Sun. I'm really not liking how JM makes me feel after her workouts so putting them aside for now.

Went to see the new Bruce Willis movie Cop Out Sat. night. It was funny.

Kim - the hockey game was on but I only really paid attention to the last few minutes and saw US tie it up. My heart was in my throat. Sooo glad of the outcome but didn't need that nail biter at the end:p I think we will start showing the house end of March beginning April. Since we want a late June close we don't want to put it on the market too soon. But at least this way the Agent might find a buyer before we actually list it.

Laurie - DH went ski dooing yesterday but made sure he was home in time to catch the race and hockey:p Thanks for the contrats. That's impressive results in a month. Lately I just don't feel like pushing myself. Can you tell by my w/os:p

Cathe's March rotation actually is tempting me but with DH wanting to w/o with me a couple times a week I need something more flexible. But I think I might keep this in mind for down the road.

Evenng Coolers

Just finished up my workout. Did the 1st 20min of Kathy Smith's Walking w/o. Thats about as much DH was willing to do. He likes JM better:eek: Then i did Slim Series - Firm it Up - a lower leg blast. My tush will be talking to me tomorrow:p

Quiet night. Just watching 24 now.

Morning Coolers,

Plyo Cardio Circuit is finished, and will have to get in the CTX/MIS back work after work. Had a meeting this morning, so didn't want to be late.

Patricia, LOL about your DH liking Jillian better. :D She has an appeal to different people I guess. I think we all go through those lazy times. I have not seen the March rotation, but some other ladies have been saying they are trying it out.

Have a great day!

I've struggled with that decision before Patricia, whether to let kids quit. Except for the occasional time I've mostly done the "you wanted to sign up so now you finish it". It gets easier as they get older as they are more likely to know what they will enjoy. For example, ds will never want to quit hockey:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I was eyeing the March rotation too, looks like a good one.

So Patricia, are you putting the house on the market, without knowing where you're moving too?

Tonight is MMA Boxing and then The Biggest Loser.

Morning Coolers

Just check-in with my w/o from last night - SS - Tone it Up - a FB w/o and my glutes are talking to me today:p

Kim - no we're not going to put the house on the market until we know for sure when the company wants us out of here and so far they're been pretty quiet on that front. But, generally in this industry things happen FAST so we just want to be prepared. Frequently we get told in less than 2 weeks where you're next job is, sometimes even just a few days notice. Obviously in this case we need a couple months notice though. We're a bit slow at work so I don't think they really have an idea of where we're going next. This is the year that we're bidding on a lot of work and we won't know until late summer if we get any of it. We're bidding on a huge job in Windsor and there is speculation that we're going there but it doesn't start up until Jan. 2011. I'm just dreading the thought of moving this summer then having to do it all over again 6 months later:mad: But its pure speculation. That's the way construction is though!

I'm thinking of trying out MMA - kickboxing with DH tonight. He has a shoulder issue so I don't think the boxing one would be good for him. But at least they're both "short" workouts.

Morning Coolers,

Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs are finished.

Kim, So when does the house construction start? :D It will seem to take forever.

Patricia, That has to be a little nerve racking not knowing where you are headed. Sounds like you are used to it though. I have let my DD's quit on some things, because they usually didn't even try to practice. It was instuments for my DD's. :rolleyes: Sounds like a great workout choice, the ab work in those MMA's are great too.

Have a great day!

Just finished disc 23, got to say I'm not sorry to be done with the trisets. Two more workouts too go and then a recovery week! I'm definitely going to take the whole week off (maybe some fun stuff but nothing serious) as I just feel tired!

Laurie I'm hoping that by the end of the week or early next week all the paperwork is done. It's at the lawyer stage right now. Already been approved by the builder, and bank. Our lawyer suggest a few changes to the contract so will send back to the builder. There was a couple of things we needed to go back to the showhome to decide eg. number of lights in the great room, fireplace, where the tv would be mounted. SO have to get that info to the builder within 14 days. THEN they apply for the permit which takes about 4 weeks. It is a very slow process isn't it! A coworker just moved into her new home, and they started digging in August and it was ready by January so a Sept possession date may be possible.

Patricia Did you try the kickboxing workout?? The whole housing/moving situation sounds very stressful! Okay, today I told ds he could quit swimming lessons but he agreed to do a session in summer holidays. What did you decide about the hockey?

Evening Coolers

Just finished MMA - KB minus DH. A nice light workout.

Well, I think we've pretty much decided that's it for hockey but I'm going to sign him up for swimming lessons in the spring. He doesn't want to but since we have a cottage that's not negotiable. :rolleyes:

Quiet day at work and tonight. Oh, my Kindle case had a crack in it and the replacement came today. Only took 4 days to get here from the U.S. Great service. Now I've got to send the old one back.

Morning Coolers,

Cardio Recovery and CTX/MIS Shoulders are finished for today. ;)

Kim, Yes it is a slow process, but so much fun when you finally get to move in. Good thing you are getting the details worked out before they start. My DH made sure he was at the construction site every day, just to make sure that what we wanted happened correctly. He caught some errors, and they fixed them right away. He would bring the builders some beers after they where finished also. :rolleyes: LOL.

Patricia, I agree that the swimming is very important. I'm happy that I had my DD's in lessons, because I had to teach myself to swim. My mom doesn't know how to swim, and she used to hate it when I would venture out further and further without a life jacket. :D

Have a great day!
Laurie

Former lifeguard/swimming teacher here, so glad to hear that everyone agrees with the importance of swimming lessons. We also spend time at the cottage/camping so felt it was necessary. DD loves swimming lessons, ds not so much. Red Cross has 10 levels and ds is in level 8 and dd in level 6. I would like to see ds finish up to level 10 but he is really quite a good swimmer at level 8. We'll try to do a session over the summer. I find it hard with his hockey commitments to get to lessons over the winter.

I have crazy leg DOMS from the leg triset on Wed followed by CCC on Thursday. Have you tried CCC yet? Is the hardest of Cathe's STS Cardio and I think you would really like it Laurie! Not sick of Shaun T yet? I really liked the Insanity workouts but I did tire of them quickly.

I've heard from a few people to keep visiting the house as it's being built but neither DH and I would have a clue what to watch for.:confused: Maybe just our presence around will be enough and occasional we'll bring someone along who does know something.

I'm not working today, kids have school. I have a funfilled day of dentist, grocery shopping and then a hair appt. Got to get in my last workout of Meso 2, back/biceps but at least it's a short upper body workout.

Morning Coolers,

Cardio Power & Resistance and CTX/MIS Biceps are finished.

Kim, My oldest DD was in competative swimming, and my youngest went as far as being able to swim really well. They didn't really tell me what level they where at. :D The youngest would have actually been better in the competative swimming, but she didn't want to. :eek: I have not tried CCC yet, but have it in my next rotation.

My DH had the site "boss" (I know they have a title :confused:) show him what was finished every day. If you made any changes, then this would be what to watch out for, just to make sure that those happened. These guys are so used to putting these homes together, that they sometimes just progress as the usually do. Then forget that you have the washer/dryers downstairs, and then they start plumging for the upstairs. :rolleyes: Make sure you have the right light fixtures/plumbing fixtures that you selected. Things like that. Even if you chose tile/hardwood, color of cabinets. Overall just have fun with it. ;)

Have a great day!

Last edited:
Good Friday Coolers

Let's see, DH wanted to w/o last night so I made him do Shred 1 on his own:D as I had SS - Shape it UP planned. It's 78min so I knew he wasn't up for it:D Tonight is Ramp it UP.

Kim - I haven't done CCC or the circuit w/o yet from STS. Just not feeling the love for really intense w/os these days. Things to watch out for while building is that they are putting the outlets where you want them, walls where you want them and installing the right colours! Frequently when a builder is building a row of identical houses they miss that maybe just one person requested design B and end up framing for design A. That's what happened on our townhouse and we had to have them tear down a wall b/c we caught it early enough on in the framing stage. The other thing that we were really upset about was the installed a door from the house into the garage, but when the Building Inspector saw it and determined the elevation wasn't right as there wasn't enough room for steps from the garage into the house and park your car so we lost the door:mad: What an inconvenience that is for garbage! Also, we thought our row of Townhouses were going to be a brown brick and we ended up with grey. Everyone of us in the 5 houses were upset about that! Just remember the Builder will try to give you the least amount that he has to (they really are not your friend!)

Laurie - the "boss" on the site is called a Construction Superintendent - I know b/c I'm married to one:D Sounds like you've had some experience at building yourself!

Have a great weekend

Thanks to both of you for the input on what to look for, that was really helpful! I was thinking more along the lines of how they are constructing the house, but it didn't occur to me that we would have to watch for those other kinds of things. I double we'll be there everyday as it's not that close by but for sure once or twice a week.

Just a crazy weekend have to get over to the showhome to review some final details, I'm helping to organize a fundrasier for the before/after school program dd goes to, ds's hockey playoff's, dd and her friend need to do a science project, the usual swimming/piano lessons and a good friend's husband is in the hospital and I want to get over there to help do some things. I'm glad it's recovery week!

Hope you are all having a great weekend!

Wow Kim, I feel guilty having a relaxing weekend after I read all your "to dos":p

Fri. I did Ramp it up, Sat was my rest day and tonight b/4 dinner I got in Mix it Up.

It's been warm and sunny here so I took down the outdoor Xmas lights on Sat and played outside with DS. Today we drove 2hrs away for lunch with the in-laws so that pretty much took up the whole day.

Just sitting down to watch Amazing Race and flip over to the Oscars.

Morning Coolers,

Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs are finished for today. Saturday was Plyo Cardio Circuit and CTX/MIS Triceps. Sunday we had our guilde workshop, so the only thing I did all day as far as exercise was to walk the dog. ;)

Kim, Glad we could help you out. Your weekend really was a busy one.

Patricia, Yep, the current house we live in was started from the ground up. :D We did some of the work ourselves. We have also had some warm sunny days. This morning was rather an odd one though. Left our house, and is was so foggy that I couldn't even see a car with it's headlights on. As I was coming into work (heading East toward Lake Michigan), it was so sunny that I need sun glasses. :eek:

Have a great day!

Cannot use the "quick reply"

Can anyone help me with this problem. When I click on an icon and try to reply nothing happens. I'm sure it's just me not doing something correctly but would appreciate anyone who can help.....thanks :D

I think to use the quick reply you have to type in the quick reply box at the bottom. I don't really use that function so I'm not much help.

Can anyone help me with this problem. When I click on an icon and try to reply nothing happens. I'm sure it's just me not doing something correctly but would appreciate anyone who can help.....thanks :D

Evening Coolers

Just finished SS - Firm it Up - a good lower leg blast. I'm watching 24 now while doing some stretches.

I flew down and back to T.O. today for a couple meetings. So really didn't do much work, too busy catching up with co-workers in between meetings:p

It was nice not having to wear my winter boots today and even wore a skirt. I usually don't bare my legs until warmer weather. So maybe I'll pretend that that is my groundhog siting and predict winter is almost over:D

Morning Coolers,

Cardio Power & Resistance and CTX/MIS Chest are finished. Legs are feeling a little tired this week, so it will be nice to get a recovery week next week.

Patricia, I was lucky and was able to be not using the winter boots since last week. Morning walks have been with the sneakers, but I'm sure we will get hit with at least one more snow storm. March came in way to nice. :eek: Nice that you where able to catch up with your co-workers between meetings.

Have a great day!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.