~~~~Coolers in July~~~

lvnascar

Cathlete
Happy Canada Day!

Hope you both are enjoying your time off.

This morning was PY4H Daily Dose of Bliss, and since my leg felt so good doing the warrior poses I'm planning on trying out some cardio after work.

Nothing else exciting happening, have a great day!

Last edited:
Insanity done. Thirteen workouts left!:D Looking forward to a couple of days off from the Insanity!;) Going to eat,shower and get packed up for the lake. It's supposed to be hot here!

Everyone enjoy your holiday weekends! Thanks for getting us started Laurie.

Morning Coolers

What a way to open up the Month with such great weather plus a WHOLE entirely to myself:p;) I was pretty lazy and read all day, but did loads of laundry and got in a w/o. I did HSTA and my legs were talking to me still from B&G earlier in the week.

Not too many people in to work today and I'll be ducking out mid-afternoon to get a jump start on the weekend:D My BIL and SIL from Vancouver are surprising DS tomorrow at his family b.d. party at the cottage. This whole weekend will feel just like one big b.d for DS I'm sure:)

Played BB Wed night. We were REALLY losing, managed to tie it up then lost by 3 runs. Good game plus we were short players so still a good outing I think. I had a SUPER hit that I'm still riding a high on:D

Glad to hear your hamstring is better Laurie. Have a fantastic July 4th

Kim - hope you're enjoying your long weekend at the cottage.

Morning Coolers,

Really quiet around here today to, only me and another co-worker. Last night I did TaeBo Get Ripped Adv #1, and the only things that seemed to bother the leg where forward kicks, and back kicks. This morning was Disc 8 Back & Triceps. Need some stretching after work also. ;)

Kim, Hope you enjoy your time off.

Patricia, Sorry to hear about the bb game, but glad you had such a great hit. Sounds like your ds will be having a great weekend, have fun.

Have a great weekend!

Home from the lake and covered in insect bites:rolleyes: I tried taking some Benadryl last night to help with the constant itch and goodness did it make me sleepy! Even this morning I still felt like I was drugged, forgot to take my glasses with me (only had prescription sunglasses at work) and took DH's keys with me and so he had to take the bus to work.

Hope you're having a great holiday Laurie! Glad that the hamstring is healing well.

Patricia, did ds get spoiled on his birthday?? I hear that you're getting some hot weather coming your way!

Morning Coolers

Couldn' get on the site yesterday, it must have been down and really busy at work so this has been my 1st chance back at it.

We had a fabulous weekend at the cottage. DS had a surprise visit of his Aunt and Uncle from Vancouver, lots of gifts Sat and Sun and the weather was hot hot hot hot:cool::cool: He didn't like the taste of his Darth Vader cake though:eek:

Sun. night I went for a walk around the neighbourhood. Had to wait until evening it was too hot to even want to be outside unless you had a pool. Last night was a premix from SJP. It was a circuit of step and weights.

Tonight is BB. Our Sun. game we won by default as the other team couldn't get enough players. Kind of glad as it was hot. Do you see a theme here?:D Tomorrow night we have a dinner cruise of our lake here hosted by work for family. July is just going to fly by I think.

Still no movement on the house. Wed we had a young couple with a baby come back with their friend. The agent said the friend gave her approval but still no offer.:confused:

Kim - you really were "knocked" out. Hope your morning goes better today:cool:

Hope you enjoyed your July 4th Laurie

Just finished Insanity, DH joined me instead of going running. I realized that the last week has workouts all 7 days instead of 6 workouts and a rest day:mad:So my countdown was off! I now have 11 workouts left;)

Hope you're enjoying the long weekend Laurie!

Glad you had a great weekend at the lake! What weather Ontario is having! Are you enjoying the heat?? The cruise should be nice on a hot evening.

Morning Coolers

Kim - LOL about the heat. A co-worker is really happy to come into work b/c she doesn't have A/C :cool::p What are you plans after Insanity? I just winging it these days. No sense until after the move and we're settled in, along with being away at the cottage most weekends.

We won at BB last night - 6-5 so close but fun game. I came home and went for another walk around the 'hood. Won't be getting in a w/o tonight I doubt as the cruise doesn't dock until 9. Plus I'm flying down to T.O. again tomorrow so up at 4am:( tomorrow.

Morning Coolers,

Back to work this morning. :p Kept up with my workouts, and this morning was my first attempt at doing a weighted workout for legs. Went really well, just felt the sliding lunges a bit. It is nice that I only have three days of work, but this morning already had me taking care of two emergencies. :rolleyes: Hope that isn't how the rest of the week goes.

Dress rehearsal was really hot, and my Monday had me dragging. Everyone in the house was pretty lazy though. LOL

Kim, Shaun T. added in those lovely additional days. At least one of those workouts is the Fit Test. ;) Sorry to hear that you where to covered with bites, that really isn't fun.

Patricia, Congrats on the win. We are also having the hot weather, this morning the humidity was so high that moisture was dripping like it was raining. We are suppose to get realif later today, at least I hope that is what happens before the weekend. Sorry to hear that your DS didn't like the taste of his cake.

Have a wonderful day!

Nothing exciting here. Did my Insanity and was lazy the rest of the evening. Patricia, I finish Insanity the week before my holidays and I'm thinking of taking 3 weeks off from structured workouts. (the last week of work and then my 2 weeks of holidays) The plan is to get my laser eye surgery on my holidays so I have to take some days off after that. Then maybe I'll see what Cathe has on the schedule for the August rotation. DS laughed at me yesterday when I said I was taking 3 weeks off:rolleyes::confused:

The kids are over at my sister's to hang out with their cousins and swim in the pool for a couple of days. Today is my ds and BIL's 20th wedding anniversary so for a gift I sent my kids over:eek: But I did send a nice bottle of wine with them.

Laurie I bet the dress rehearsal is hot!! Does seem funny to do the Fit Test on the very last day as I think the results might not be so good after working out for the 6 days previously. Glad the hamstring seems to be healing.

Lots of trips to T.O. for you Patricia, is that all to do with wrapping on the project? What's the next project?

DH is all excited as the Grey Cup is going to be at his workplace tomorrow.

Morning Coolers,

My morning walk with Cami was cut short because I was getting eaten alive! :eek: Hoping that when the humidity leaves later today, so do the mosquitoes. :D BFBM was my choice of workouts this morning, and added the Insanity flare to it. ;) Jillian went a little to slow for me. LOL

Kim, I like how you give presents. :D Sounds like you have a great plan for your time off. Glad you are able to finally get the surgery.

Have a wonderful day!

Down to single digits(9left ) on the Insanity workouts!

I hear you on the bugs Laurie!

The house is not coming along:mad::mad: DH has been nagging the salesguy who seems very sympathetic but can't seem to do much about it. Our city is really having a housing boom and I think they have just agreed to build more houses than they can handle. I'm still hoping that we can move before Christmas.

Morning Coolers

Oh, it feels good to be back in my own office today. Yesterday I sat at someone else's desk and and what a pain to try and get some work done when its not set-up your own way:eek: No problems flying south but coming home the plane was delayed 1-1/2hrs so it was 9pm instead of 7:30 when I got home:( They had to change a tire and then fix the brakes. We all breathed a sigh of relief when we landed:D

Kim - I hear your town is REALLY REALLY busy. One of our P.M.s is transferrring there next month from here. Yuck on the delay. Who wants to move in the winter? LOL about the anniversary gifts. All I can say, I never turn away booze:p and company for my kid.;) Are you having your eye problem fixed or actually getting the LASIC done?

Laurie - I hear you on the bugs. Just walking in my neighbourhood next to trees it was gross walking thru swarms of bugs. I'll be happy when I move back to the big ole city where they don't have them! (at least not in swarms;)) Just having to go dept. meetings and new system training lately. I have another dept mtg the week we move which I declined as I didn't think I could handle the added stress of going the day b/4 we move!

2 weeks and counting exactly to the big move. We have an open house this weekend. Have not heard back from the couple from last week:( We're taking our ski do and music equipment down to my parents this weekend for storage. DH doesn't want the movers to move his amps and guitars and risk damaging them.

Last edited:
Morning Coolers,

This morning was Disc 21 Back & Biceps. Tomorrow plan on Disc 20 Legs, and Sunday will be yoga. Planning on getting in yoga or cardio on the faire weekends, it seemed to work last year if I kept the cardio to around 30 min.

Kim, So sorry to hear that the house is not on schedule. We moved into our house in January, so I know why you wouldn't want to do that. We moved into an apartment during the build, and the carpet in the apartment was soaked with water from the snow. :eek: At the new house I had plastic all over the new carpets. LOL

Patricia, Glad you landed safe and sound. Isn't it funny how we need those familiar things around us. Well having your phone in the same position is a plus too. LOL

Have a wonderful day and weekend.

Busy morning today. Did the groceries, weeded the garden, did Insanity, laundry, cleaned bathrooms,etc. DS joined me on the Insanity, I think he is already getting bored on summer holidays:rolleyes: Good thing he has a hockey camp next week.

2 weeks till the move ! Wow that went fast! You seem very relaxed about it all. I'm sure that I won't be that relaxed. I got a email response from the housing company this morning, they said that they will start digging next week. If they don't, I know lots of 13 yr old boys who don't seem to have anything to do. Do you think I could drop them off at the empty lot with shovels each morning? How much would I have to pay them?

Laurie, have you been checking out the clips of Turbo Fire??

Hope everyone is enjoying they're summer weekend!

A fairly quiet weekend here. DH went for a 10 mile run on Saturday morning and I took my bike and rode beside him. Then came home and did Insanity Core Cardio and Balance. Today is a rest day and tomorrow I will start the last week of Insanity!:D

The builder phoned us today (on a Sunday afternoon!) to inform us that construction will start July 15th (Thursday) so hopefully everything goes according to plan.

Bought the kids ipod touches today so that has kept them quiet all day:rolleyes:

Morning Coolers,

First weekend of faire went really well, but I was tired this morning so really had no motivation to work out. I have decided that I'm going to stop the undulating rotation, because the hour long weighted workouts are not working with my schedule right now. I don't think that I will have the motivation to do a morning workout and after work one also. So I'm going to start the split rotation using the GS premixes. After work and grocery shopping I would like to get in GS Chest & Triceps premix and PY4H Daily Dose of Bliss. Don't think that cardio is going to be my choice on a Monday morning for the next 8 weeks. :D

Kim, That is great news on the start of your house. Both my DD's have and i-pod touch, and they love them. Nice way to get in some exercise without having to run. ;) WTG on having only one more week of Insanity. I was feeling like trying it out again, maybe after the summer is over with. :eek: I have been looking at the TF clips, but I'm not sor sure that I really want them. I didn't enjoy Turbo Jam, so am really leary about TF.

Have a wonderful day!

I dragged myself through Insanity this evening. :cool: It just felt really hard today, I just couldn't get into it.

DS is at a hockey camp this week. They worked out for 6 hours today, he is limping around the house tonight, LOL. I have to drive him before/after work so making for long days this week.

Good for you laurie, to lighten up your workout schedule as needed. Sometimes we need the energy for other things in our lives. Glad that faire went well, do you find that it's the same people that come each year? The preview for TF looked too dancy for me. I've never tried Turbo Jam as the clips didn't look like my style. I prefer athletic workouts over dancy ones.

Patricia, are you busy packing?

Morning Coolers,

GS Chest & Triceps premix #1 and PY4H The Quickie got finished last night, and I used weight heavy enough to make the body parts shake toward the end of the reps. :eek: This morning was GS Legs premix #1 and Hiit 30/30. Another great combo.

Kim, Sorry to say, but the last week of Insanity was hard for me too. I think that you just start to want the rotation to be over with. :D Ouch for you DS, but even though he was limping around did he have a good time? :D That is how I feel about TF also, I just don't like to dance. :eek:

Have a wonderful day!

Insanity done again. My body is needing a recovery week, I think this week is going to be harder than I thought. 5 workouts left!

laurie, sounds like you getting good workouts done in a short time!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.