~~~~~DGMT~~~~~Friday 12/21

TXGin

Cathlete
Good Morning DM and T?

Today was run with friends and then ME. I realized that I had not done the full ME workout since I got the dvd in May! I had done the fittv version many times and a few of the premixes, but never the entire thing. The glute raises on the floor with the 90 degree angle were new to me. Different. And do those static lunges EVER get easier??x( Overall, I liked the workout.
I talked to a friend I had not seen in a while at the b-day party last night. She was telling me about the workout room in her new house. Big screen tv, mirrored wall, all the equipment. I am dying to see it. She does Jari Love and Karen Voight dvds at home and I told her about Cathe. I may have another convert.

Marcy--I was laughing yesterday when you were describing the headstand and your falling over. That sounds like somethng that would happen to me!:eek: How was your party last night? And your new haircut?

Deanie--Is this your last day? Yeah! What is your recovery schedule like? I prefer to move, which is why I like cardio, so yoga is not my preference, but I know how good it is for you.

Sorry for my rambling.....:eek:
Have a great day!
Gin:)

Good Afternoon

My computer/internet connection was not working this morning. Can't believe its almost 3pm and this is the first time I'm on the computer. My email was ovrflowing!!!

Today I did L&G standing only premix, and ARX. I finally feel that I got a great overall leg workout! And as always, ARX was hard, Although no more dread factor- I actually enjoyed it! Of course I don't do it now for a week, so getting back to it may be hard:)

Gin~ I'm glad you liked your workout today! And no, static lunges never get easier!!:) LOL! I think you are right about the moving and the yoga. That is why I usually like Brian Kest, (it keeps moving) I still think David Swenson is the best for a real yoga practice. This is the recovery week:
M-core synergistics
T- yoga
W- kickbox
TH- stretch
F- core synergistics
S- yoga
Sun-off

Marcy~ I hope you had fun at your party last night!!:+ How's the hair cut? Hope you had a good workout today. Hooray for the last day of week 3!:) I am really going to enjoy the recovery week!

I plan to check in during the next week. I hope you guys will be around. If not, have a VERY wonderful Xmas!!!:7

Deanie:*

Hi Ladies!

This is the latest I've ever checked in. I didn't wake up till 8:00 this morning. Had a bad night's sleep again. The more I'm in the house, the worse it is. Last night's party was fun. I got a handbag as a grab bag gift with a picture frame and change purse and also a lottery ticket. I won $1.00 but hopefully I'll trade it in and get a bigger return. Got my haircut but I actually wanted my layers shorter so I may have to cut it more myself. I've cut my own hair for years. I usually only go to get it cut when I get it highlighted but I decided to go for an extra one yesterday. I think my hairdresser is afraid to cut it too short, maybe because I always say to keep the back long. By the time I saw how it was, he was halfway through blowdrying and I didn't want to have him start cutting again. Everyone said it looked good though so I guess I shouldn't complain.

Today was Legs & Back and Ab Ripper X. I just did ARX yesterday but I needed to catch up. I was about the same as far as my pullups/chinups. I hope I can have more progress in the next phase but the pullups/chinups get even harder so I guess I better rest up good.

It might be a little more difficult to get my workouts in next week because DH is home all week. Not that I don't love having him home, but he does get in the way of my workouts.

I'll try and check in as much as I can next week. I'm going to try out a new kickboxing tape I got - Powerstrike Millenium 2 with Patricia Moreno and Ilaria Montagnini (sp?). This is one of the Powerstrikes everyone keeps talking about on the boards so I hope it's as good as everyone says it is. I got it in a trade.

Next week I'm going to attempt to try Erich Schiffmann's Backbends and I haven't figured out what to do yet for my second yoga of the week.

Gin - Your friend's workout room sounds great. Please let us know how it is when you see it. Another Cathe convert? You're on a roll. ME doesn't sound like much fun but it does work you really hard.

Deanie - Maybe you need to try a new yoga instructor. I like Shiva Rea because it's always moving. You might like to try Fluid Power.

If I don't check in before, have a Merry Christmas.

Marcy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.