~~~~~ clean / tidy monday ~~~~~

Yesterday we left home around 7 am, made a few bathroom stops and one stop at the farmer's market for fresh fruit and veggies, and we were into our house by 1230 pm. We had a great time last night getting unpacked and just settled in. Chris and I took Collin over to the beach for a few minutes and he loved it even more than before, but he is awfully brave with that water! The food here so far has not been clean or tidy but I will tighten it up a bit today I promise. After dinner last night I was feeling restless so I did about 30 minutes of CS and then Chris and I went for a walk on the beach around sunset.

The sun is up and I am sure it is already pretty hot outside so I better get outside for my run - then off to the beach later this morning!

good morning katie. can you hear the ocean while you sleep? tht is my favorite thing ever. do ytou plan to wo all vacation or do you take time off? have a great beach run. did collin walk with you and chris?

i am not feeling so hot this am. aidan got me up at 5 to nurse and had tons of snot sorry if tmi). my throat is scratchy and i feel really tired. so, no early am wo, but i am planning to swim later and do abs. dh just left:(, but i am determined to have a great week and really keep the eats tight. i am dreading the week on the tm, but i may splurge on a sitter sunday am and do a long run;) shhh, don't tell. should i feel guilty do you think? the other big thing this week is my dad is coming to town for about 36 hrs and wants to see me and the boys. i suppose i will let him, but it will be stressful. also, my mom will then pump me for info. very annoying.

lisa, things go any better on sunday?

colleen, how will your work week look? i hope you rested up yesterday.

robin, what is your ideal job?

kate, was it homemade or store bought ic? we had it too last night. urggg. i am starting to like it wayyyy too much.

pattie, do you have a summer vacation splanned?

klaud, babysitting today?

anne, how are you feeling?

it is another day of rain here. oh well. bbiab

How do you ladies like the title? It is supposed to look like ocean waves!

LOL, Katie!
Sounds like you are having a FABULOUS TIME! I'm so happy for you! Our vaca is 2.5 wks away - you're making me even more excited for it!

Morris, Sorry you're not feeling well.....even more sorry for the coming FD!:( I hope your parents behave themselves.
Go ahead and slpurge on that sitter - you deserve it!

-
Zero plans here. We were gone ALLDAY yday so we need a home day to recoup.
After our day of feasting yday I did an awesome STS wo. Tongiht I'll run w/ Laura and during the day I'll get in some abs or CS.

anybody else halk-love mondays for the fresh start aspect?:confused:

Hey all, sorry I was kinda silent over the weekend. I'm here though. We were just busy.

I was up at 3:30 this am and couldn't get back to sleep. I wanted to WO but didn't have the energy and now I'm still too tired to get a decent one in even after a quick nap.

Ryan's home for the day. I think he just needed a day to rest and recoup from our weekend. I think now that I'm doing a little better, he's allowing himself to kind of "feel" the effects of living here. Lots to think about...

Katie, I'm so excited for you that you are on vacation! All kinds of fun!

Morris, I'm sorry you're not feeling well. Take it easy - you don't want to get super sick while DH is gone. And sorry about more fd. Hope it goes well with your dad.

Kate, a day with nothing planned is heavenly, no? Enjoy it! Great job on your race btw!! I'm so proud!

Ryan and I got sandwiches and had a nice lunch in the park and now he's reading and I'm doing some laundry and will probably read. Maybe a WO later if I wake up and get some energy. Today would be PUB...

Have a great Monday everyone!

angie, im sure ryan is stressed too w/ all the adjustment of an overseas relocation! hugs to you both!
thanks for the congrats!

anne, did you survive your wkend?:confused:

Morning again - 7+ mile beach run done. Felt great but DANG was it hot - 78 degrees at 7 am!

Morris, yes I hope to wo most days this week. Enjoy your swim!
Kate, enjoy your home day!
Angie, enjoy the extra time with Ryan today.

Morning!

Thank goodness it's Monday! My weight is up 2# again and I didn't work out yesterday-our neighbor threw an impromptu 40th b-day party for her husband-dinner was good but way too many treats! And I had McD's at the parade. So I need some major accountability. We're going up north on the weekend and I have no desire to wear a bathing suit! I know I can't lose more than a pound by then, but I need to tighten up all the eats-a lot. No plans today other than babysitting and a trip to the grocery store tonight-probably in the rain. Not sure on the workout-circuit or total body?

Katie, I can't wait for our beach vacation-Danica and I will be training for our 5k then with lots of beach runs:) Have fun and don't get burned!

Morris, that's how I felt last week-all "drainagy"-blech! Hope everyone feels better! You should totally get the sitter on Sunday-for your sanity!

Angie, I would love Darrin to take a day off during the week! Enjoy your day together:)

Kate, I with you on Mondays and starting over. Especially this Monday! How are you doing STS?

Anne, how was the party?

Hi Robin, Colleen, Patti, and Lisa!

Hi, everybody! The party on Saturday was really nice. My sister was kind of a pain, but what did I expect? And not nearly as bad as at Christmas, so that's good. My parents both had a very nice time, which is all that matters. My mother looked lovely and we passed around the picture of her in her wedding gown that was taken at her parents house. It's just lovely. And their friends all said I look like her <blush>.

Jim had to work yesterday, so I cut the grass, did laundry, balanced the checkbook, paid bills, and went grocery shopping. So much for a day off, huh? He left after work to visit his family because his brother from Seattle is in town. He's coming back tonight and wants to talk about what's next. But he's not leaving until after rush hour, so he won't be home until like 9. Who wants to talk about that crap at 9 o'clock at night? I don't know what I was thinking when I agreed to that. Oh, well, it will be fine, right? I came up with the idea that we can both get realtors and whoever finds a place they can live first gets to move. We could make it a race and film it for TLC!

I'm getting caught up at work and on the thread--I'll bb for personals.

anne

Hi Ladies

Katie it sounds like you are having a great time. Girl your calves must have been burning...great workout.

Morris I don't think that you should feel guilty for getting a sitter for a couple of hours. Sometimes mommies need time alone.
My ideal job is to work in an outpatient clinic. I miss talking to adults and meeting new people.

Kate which week are you up to in sTS?

Angie sorry about your very early morning. Maybe just take a walk to burn some calories and skip your weights.

Klaudia the good news is McD is full of salt so those extra pounds is water weight which you can lose in about 3 days.

Anne that sounds like a good idea...TLC show.:D I'm glad that you are keeping your spirits up during this difficult period.

------------------
Last night I made biscuits...not sure why but I only ate one. I need to get back to writing down what I eat b/c my eating this weekend has been off. Sometimes I skipped meals and then over eat. Maybe it's the weather.

Today w/o CLX circuit 1---and this time I'm going to use heavy weights.
b- egg whites, raisin bran cereal
l-chicken and spinach
s-fruits
d-??

Klaud, PLEASE no worries on the 2#! BUt I know your frustration! Keep your eats in line and you will be ROCKIN the bikini by the weekend! Drink lots of water too!!!
STS - I was going to do 1 part per day....but last night I just felt like doing the whole disk! Not sure how the rest of the week is going to go yet!

Anne, I'm so sorry about the DH-drama! But GL has lots of cute little houses for sale right now!;)
Glad it went well w/ your parents!:)

Robin, Biscuits.....so good, so bad!
I'm Doing Meso2 Wk2
CLX - have fun!

-
choremax....bbl....

Good Morning Everyone!

Nothing too special planned at work - just trying to recover from the let down. Everyone keeps asking what is next and there is really nothing next. I guess I will take the time this week to get caught up and then do some online training next week.

Kate, I have the love/hate with Monday. I love the fresh start but hate that the whole week is ahead of me.
Katie, I am so jealous you are at the beautiful beach. Enjoy your sun time today.
Morris, sorry you are not feeling well. Go ahead and splurge for the babysitter. The run alone with be a mental break for you.
Klaudia, sorry about the 2#'s. Try to eat extra clean so and that should hide some of the extra weight.
Anne, {{{HUGS}}} - I wouldn't want to talk about that stuff at 9 pm either. Hope he gets home earlier.
Angie, sounds like you had a nice lunch. I am glad Ryan is taking a mental health day - hopefully his stress level will start to go down.
Robin, biscuits are so good. I have been having the same problem with my eating because I have been so busy at work. Hopefully this week I can get back on track.

w/o ME
b: oatmeal
s: almonds
l: grilled chix salad
s: blueberries w/ yogurt, broccoli & cauliflower
d: salmon, wild rice, asian veggies

Have a great day!

Hey all,

Just squoze (I'm going to make that a word) in PUB but just did up - but it was still really good. I matched Cathe on **most** exercises (shoulders are still super hard for me) and felt strong!

Gotta shower and pick up kids so I'll be back (prob after dinner) for personals!

angie, great job with the wo!! i love doing my shoulders. dm has great shoulder work in it.

colleen, good plan with the week. just take things one step at a time.

katie, great run!!!! such fun outside, even if it is hot.

robin, good job with the portion control. i hope you find a job quickly.

klaud, i am with kate on the scale. i am sure it si just water and will be gone in mere days.

anne, i'd want a rain check for the am for sure. nothing good comes from talking at 9pm. big hugs.

i am so bummed about our weather. sorry for complaning, but we have had like 24 days of rain in june! i need to go to the pool. i know i will feel better. i just don't want to though. i think i said this last monday then felt great after. okay. am making myself put on suit and move, even if i leave after 10 laps:p

Morning! Busy morning- my dad came by and we took the kids to a new park. They played on the equipment and then we walked the path. They did great and this will hopefully wear them out! :p I have a babysitter coming for a few hours so I can work (and ahem, workout). It is technically a rest day but I want to do a new DVD I bought last week- Cardio Step Jam, I think? Anyway, it's cardio.

Kate: You are just doing meso 2 right now?

Katie: Running on the beach is hard work! That's a great WO- now go enjoy a beer on the beach for me.

Robin: I know what you mean about writing down what you eat- I go back and forth on this theory. Sometimes it seems like it helps me to keep careful track and other times it makes me obsessive and crazy. Whatever works in the moment, I say.

Colleen: Your meals today look terrific- hope your week is a little less stressful. What rotation are you doing next?

Morris: NO GUILT about a babysitter, my friend. :D The mental break will do you wonders. And it has seemed like you've had a lot of rain- it would frustrate me too.

Klaudia: I hate the scale! My newest idea is not to weigh that often- I KNOW if I'm heavier than I'd like to be. I get doughy in the middle (like right now:( ). But I'll get it off and your 2# is probably mostly bloat, I agree.

Anne: I am usually almost asleep by 9- I'm with you. It can wait until you're both ready to talk.

Angie: WTG on doing PUB- I need to start doing the up only so I can go heavier. My biceps are always fried in that one.

Gotta go but I'll check in later while I'm working.

(((Colleen))) wow it must be hard but at least you have plans.

Angie when you go heavy all of Cathe workouts are hard. What's squoze..... squeeze and booze ;) LOL

Morris go ahead and just do it. Enjoy your swim.

Patti I know what you mean about getting obsesses with food journals. I just write down the meals that I eat (4 meals and 1-2 snacks). I write down portions. New DVD:eek: tell us all about it.

I change my lunch to a oriental salad with shrimp. No carbs so I'll eat some in my next meal.

BTW Chalean Extreme is hard as heck when you use 20# DBs:eek:. I also did a classical stretch for 1/2hr.

Hey guys,

I'm back. Picked up the girls and picked up some chicken for dinner. The day was pretty relaxing with Ryan and he seems to be rested.

Katie, awesome job on your beach run. Sounds so much fun!

Klaudia, I hear you on the weekend eating. It's so hard! I love to eat so much and I just have a difficult time stopping!

Anne, I'm glad the party went well. Sorry about the talk with Jim tonight. Let us know how it goes.

Robin, are you enjoying CLX? Is it fun? How is the music? 20# dumbbells is hard no matter what you're doing. :eek:

Colleen, sorry about work stuff... hope it all works out soon. I think I'm going to start eating what you eat. :) Your meals always look great!

Nina, you know you'll feel better after swimming! Endorphins are good no matter what. Sorry about the rain. It can be a total downer, I know!

Hi Lisa!

Dinner time... later all!

Angie, what kind of chicken for dinner? I love PUB. It's my favorite ub work out. I try not to do it too often, but it's my go-to.

Robin, how's the job hunt? Are you a nurse? I so admire people who can do that work because it's not me!

Patti, I hope work goes well. It sounds like you have a nice morning at the park. Did you swing on the swings? I love to do that. Why do we stop playing as adults? (Not asking you--just in general!)

Morris, how was that swim? You went, didn't you? And I agree about the babysitter. In fact, if I were you, I'd get one every day while DH is gone! I can't imagine dealing with two small children all by yourself for days on end. Even if they are yours!

Colleen, I'm so sorry about your work stuff. That is so stressful. That's one area of my life that is quite stable and I'm thankful for that. Please know I'm thinking of you.

Kate, what race did you guys do this weekend? WTG! How did I miss you were doing that? Sorry about that. I guess I'm pretty self absorbed these days.

Klaudia, are you guys going to Lakeport this weekend? Not far from my parents. I'll be over that way on Friday. And, I can't believe for a minute that you don't look fantastic, so stop worrying about it! Plus, who cares? Ha! I know, we all do.

Katie, how is that beach? Hot and sunny, I hope! I hope you're having a grand time. Tell me again what part you're in--I like the southern part by Waves and Salvo and Rodanthe. Are you going to go to Kitty Hawk?

Hi, Lisa, how are you today?

Okay, gotta go to lunch. It won't be clean or tidy, but so be it. bbiab

anne

Ok, eats are as good as I can get them with out anything in the house. I think I need to posts my eats to keep me on the wagon. I'm going to try and zig zag my calories too. I'm going to try out SS at naptime, going as heavy as I can.

Anne, we are going to be in Lexington:) Our friends have a cottage there. I would be in no shape to have such an important discussion at 9 at night. I love your TLC idea;) You'd win!

Colleen, it's nuts how the weekend can undo all the hard work of the week. Hope today goes quick for you. Great eats!

Patti, I love how you hang out with your parents:) I'm going to suggest the park to my dad the next time he comes over. I just got my "happy weight" from www.self.com. It's almost 20#s more than I weigh-that made me happy indeed:)

Angie, I start off with the best intentions-breakfast is always really clean-lunch is pretty ok, too. It's Darrin being home on the weekends when the crazy snacking/meals and drinks start. He totally enabled me yesterday! I know-I'm an adult, but man is he persuasive!

b-Greek yogurt w/honey, 2 kashi waffles
l-tuna with a squirt of lf mayo, spinach feta pretzel

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.