~~~**Weekend Melting**~~~

crazystepr

Cathlete
Once again I think I'm the first one to start the thread! :eek: WAKE UP SLEEPY HEADS!!!!!!!!

I figured I'd start a weekend thread instead of just a Saturday thread since we've been kinda quiet the past couple days. ;)

I actually just woke up. I'm so sleepy.

Me.Need.Coffee.

BBL!

Morning Allie and all who follow!

It's very difficult to type with a big German Shepherd head in your lap:p

I got up and ran six miles this morning - two outside with Chris and four on the treadmill.

What's everyone up to today? We're heading to the water park this afternoon!

Hey ladies!

Sounds like the weekend is off to a good start for everyone! Can I come to the water park, Shelley? :p

I'm here...finally!

Hi all,

Allie: thanks for starting the thread today....a busy morning for me..

Shelly: BG: Tneah: Leanne:

I'm there at the park with you..swigging down that protein! Yum...

All:

Does anyone have the Kettlebell Goddess workout dvd? or have you heard many reviews?

Gotta run! have a great day!

Deb ;)

awww, I love you guys!
124.gif

Deb, I heard the kettlebell Goddess workout was a real snooze-fest, but that's only one review. ;)

I just got my Lauren Brooks kettlbell DVD so I can try that one soon!

Hope to bbl to chat more.

...I picked up on that too...

RE: The Goddess workout reviews were ok...but a lot said it was boring and not energizing...so scrap that...good thing because I really didn;t want to spend the money!
:rolleyes:

Do any of you have the AOS Firepower kettlebell DVD. Leanne is that the one where you use two KBs on some of the exercises? Since I ordered my two KBs of the same weight, maybe I need to order this workout too. They are $10 off at that perform better place where I ordered my KBs.

Good afternoon boat riding, water park visiting, protein swigging, kettleball swinging melters. I've been busy at work, but am all cleaned up now and ready to play. I'm leaving a few minutes early to go to a wedding. DH and DD want to go to a baseball game after the wedding, but I'm kind of pooped. I think I'll opt out and go home to a nice quiet house. I'd like to try to get Leaner Legs and maybe some bicep work done this evening too.

Hope you all enjoy the rest of your Saturday!

HI HI HI HI HI HI Robin!!! I was wondering if you had to work this weekend. mmmmmmmmmm wedding cake. Geez, that sounds like a full day! But I do like the quiet house idea. ;) Hope we see you later, dahling. :cool:

Hey lovely ladies,

I think Tneah also has the KB Goddess workout and said it was boring.

Peggie, yes, Firepower uses two KB's, so if you have a pair coming, I'd say to order it! It looks really good! I've been really wanting it, but I don't have a pair. :(

Looks like Anthony has another new one coming out, but it uses those ropes:

http://www.artofstrength.com/dvdworkout/tabid/182/Default.aspx

Looks interesting, huh??

Breckie -- Love the little jumping hearts! Too cute!

Robin -- Have fun at the wedding! Are you still on those meds for the Super Bug?

Deb -- I loved AOS Newport and the Extreme Cardio (AKA Mr. Sand Dune) KB workouts! Let me know if you want the links to them!

Finally home, sweet home.

Leanne, I took the last of the no-alcohol meds on Friday and I take the last of the other one tomorrow. DH already had instructions to have a bottle of champagne chilling tomorrow evening!

BG, well, so much for the quiet house idea. DD screwed around and was late, so DH came to the wedding without her. I didn't feel like going home to a crabby DD and baby, so I went to the ballgame. I had to leave after the 3rd inning, since I was falling asleep!

The wedding was nice. It was the second wedding for her, after leaving a drug addicted, abusive husband who stabbed her. It is the groom's first marriage, although he has a 12 year old son. They met at AA and sure have a long, hard road ahead. The ceremony was very moving, and they both gave pledges and rings to each others children. I don't think there was a dry eye in the church. And the groom was more choked up then the bride!

I'm headed to bed with my newest issue of Cooking Light. Maybe that will give me some sweet dreams. Work again tomorrow, but I'm off Monday. Taa till tomorrow.

Oh Robin - so good to see you. We've missed you! And YAHOOOO on finishing the anti-major-bug-drugs!!!!!! And champagne is a PERFECT way to celebrate! I absolutely HEART champagne! Have you ever tried PAMA liqueur in it? Of course, champagne needs no enhancement. But that pomegranate liqueur has antioxidants I'm sure, so it's for your health honey! Just sip a litte down out of your glass, and pour enough pama in there to make it slightly rosy. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

They go down REAL easy though, so watch out! ;)

Hope you had a nice evening of Cooking Light in bed... (now where's that dang devil smiley when you need him...)

((((HUGS))))

Mmmmm. BG, your suggestion of PAMA in champagne sounds delish. I'll have to give it a whirl. Probably not tonight though, since I'm planning on popping the cork of one of our pricier bottles.

Yawn! I had a good night's sleep, but feel way tired and groggy this morning. The thought of coming home after work and exercising is a total turn off right now. I think some of Lainie's fatigue and BG's motivational nose dive have moved on to my residence. I hope some of you will be around today to give me a nudge.

Did I see Judy and Nancy pop their heads in here? Hi y'all!

Shelley, how was the waterpark?

Hi to everyone else. Off to work I go....

Oh, and a little happy dance, please. I took the last of the anti-Brucella meds this morning. Yay!

*happy dancing for Robin with a few jumps for joy interspersed*

Good morning Robin! Sorry about the motivation, but darlin - you've been SO busy this week, of course you're tired. I hope my demotivation bug didn't creep over there. Mine's gone now, so hopefully it's just fatigue-related and it will go away! :(

How long will you remain photo-sensitive?

Ahhhh, pricey champagne! Well, you deserve it! I'm so happy for you!! *still happy dancing*

Another champagne lover - yipppeee!! :D What kind do you like? One of our favorite keep-on-hand champagnes is Gruet. It's from -get this- New Mexico. It is SO good! It's anywhere from $15-$21 per bottle, which is a steal for how tasty it is! You should look for it and see what you think!

Once DH, MIL and I went to a champagne tasting here in D. There were SO many to try (including of course Dom and Cristal). We had a little "guide" to all of them that we used to rate each one on a scale from 1 to 5. What cracks me up is seeing it now, the first few we tasted we were rating appropriately, and then towards the end, the ratings became things like "4.2388729859287674"... as if that helps. :eek: It sure was funny to us at the time *hic*.

I can't wait for you to have a little rest and a glass of bubbly! Sounds like the perfect night. Hope to see you checking in a little later!

*considers a champagne celebration when Mr Trainerman program is completed*:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Did someone say champagne??:p Yum.Isn't it such a fun little bubbly drink? I love champagne, but my tastes are very unsophisticated. I like the Asti Spumante ones, you know the sweeter champagnes? Yep. Hey, at least it isn't Mad Dog...do not judge.;)

The Goddess Workout is a snoozefest-thank you Leanne for reiterating that...there is no music,so all you hear are the women breathing. I should know better not to buy anything with "goddess" or "diva" in the title..:rolleyes:The best one so far Deb is Newport and Extreme Cardio Kettlebell Workout...

Robin, missing you chica..sounds like you are super tired..understandably. Please enjoy your champagne!:D

Everyone enjoy your Sunday! I am going to attempt Newport today...I got the Firepower one but do not have two kettlebells the same weight...

Tneah - your taste is perfect! It's yours. I don't give a rip what is "supposed" to be exquisite or what is "cheap." If I like it, I drink it (eat it, buy it, whatever). Who made those rules anyway? Drink what you like, right?

CHEERS!!:D

*cheersing empty champagne glass - not because she drank what was in it, but because she's not allowed to have any alk-y-hol right now*:eek:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.