~*JULY 10 CHECK IN for 4th Of July Weekend, 3rd, 4th AND 5th~*~*

Boingo1

Cathlete
Hey girls!

Thought i'd just do an XL long thread for the XL weekend!

I would like Saturday mornings SO much better if I didn't have to get my teen ager out of bed early to do his papers. AND have to do his papers with him! Argh!

Today's workout is TURBO FIRE HiiT 20 minutes. I like that it's only 20 minutes, I can fit that in! Supposed to be the stretch 10 afterwards, which I'll try to do too.

I'm a little down this weekend. For having to work (as always!), but my dad died 22 years ago this weekend. (today). It bothers me every year. Seems like yesterday that sad morning happened.

I'm sure I'll have enough distractions to not let me drown in my sadness..

BBL!

Good morning..... thanks for getting us going this long weekend, Chris!!

So sorry about your dad, Chris. I know what you mean about that particular weekend being sad for you..... unfortunately that weekend for me is my birthday weekend. It's still hard, every year. I will drink a toast to your dad later today, and be grateful for the wonderful woman he raised.

Good luck with the papers, though by now I'm sure they're done!

I did a cardio coach this morning and then 4DS back/bi premix. That premix sure is disjoint! I think if I do another week of this I'll just do the weight portion of the workout as is. Is that how you're doing it, Chris? It was tough lifting that heavy again, I have to admit!!!

Errands, work, dentist today..... oh boy! Tomorrow will be more fun......

WHAT, Beth??!??!?!??!?!?!?!? It's your BIRTHDAY?!? Is it on the 4th? Did I not know this?

10.gif

16.gif

10.gif

Did you say you have a party/picnic tomorrow? I hope you have a great weekend either way. And get some good surprises AND some good presents (Maybe Turbo Fire?!?!? :eek:)

Cardio Coach! Those are tough. Did you do inside or out? I have been doing the weight work from 4DS "as is" , no premixes. Then they just last 30 minutes each. I think I'd like to/should do 2 more weeks of it. ... Thanks for the toast in advanced! You're very kind, Beth. I appreciate it! Toast away!

So, yeah, I did TF HiiT 20. I think because I didn't know the drills so well, it took me a bit to get into them and push as hard, but I was surprisingly DRIPPING at the end. Drip, drip , drip on my mat after when I was stretching. Speaking of, what do you guys use to clean your yoga mats? I've just used a damn washcloth, but should probably use some "cleaning/disinfectant" kind of thing.

Good news! Our pool finally came in! It's the one you put up/take down. Apparently it's a better quality one. Made of aluminum or something that doesn't rust. (that's been the problem with our past pools). It's not a bad size, It's 3 and 1/2 to 4 feet deep! Greg will start putting it up tomorrow.

And I get the same request i can't fill this 4th of July too. They want to go see the fireworks. Definitely not happening since I'm working tonight AND tomorrow!! Oh well. They can watch the neighbors blow off their illegal fireworks for free tonight!

edited because I WAS gong to fix my typo of DAMN washcloth to what it SHOULD read DAMP washcloth, but I find DAMN more amusing!

Oh gawd, no! No, it's not my birthday weekend! Sorry for the false alarm, but feel free to ship turbo fire right off to me anyway!!! :D What I meant is that my dad died the weekend before my birthday..... my birthday's just never been the same.

Yes, outside.... it was terrific! I thought you were doing the weights as is.... wish I had! But, since I did back/bi today, I need to do that chest/shoulder/tri tomorrow, I think, or it'll be really strange.

The pool sounds great! I'm taking my kids to the pool after the dentist.....

Oh. Now i get it. That does suck, Beth. .. I thought I would remember your birthday being 4th of July! LOL! Good thing the post office is closed or those TF"s would have been in the mail! ;)

And another thing I've been thinking, what kind of dentist is open on the Saturday of 4th of July weekend? Hmmm??

Chris, looks like it's just you and me for now!! But if anyone's paying attention..... (I'm sure you all know, but just in case....) Mary's having a big sale at totalfitnessdvds.com this weekend. I bought a bunch of yoga! It's gonna' feel like Christmas when I get it....

HELLOOO NURSE! (and beth!)

So, I meant to work out yesterday but I had concentrated so much time at work and did it first thing that I was totally drained when I got home at 130p. I played video games for 6 hrs. Today, I had a headache which kept on putting off my workout and then I had two students almost back to back. Ugh, I'm so jealous of Joe. When he tutors the kids, they look like they are having so much more fun than when they're with me. I get stuck with their worst subjects (physics, chem, and math). Joe keeps on saying that they're happy that I make it bearable but I wish my STUDENTS would make it bearable to teach them. And then finally I said, I a not going into lab until I have a kick ass workout. So I did the BM2 TImesaver Cardio on 8 INCHES!! I hope Kathy is proud of me. It's the first time I ever did it and boy I was tapping out. I needed a ton of breaks. And then I walked Evee and did the final products of AS which was soooo easy after I dropped the step height to 6 inches. My legs were thanking me! Then I just went to lab for the last three hours and I'm going to make dinner soon.

Beth -- I did not know about the sale -- will check it out now. Guess what I bought?

Butterfly%20Tank%20Baby%20pink%20221x262.jpg

and

Tic-Tac-Toe%20Capri%20-%20B.Pink%20221X262.jpg

from feelfitwear...They had a 15% off coupon plus free shipping over $95 and I fell in love with their clothing since the RT. It was funny..I kept on getting tax at 7.75% in CA and I was wondering where the hell tax is that low in CA right now and besides isn't she based in WA? I emailed her and she was like, That is NOT supposed to be there...we had to do it when we were based in San Diego, I will refund your tax. I have a thing for butterflies (I'm a little obsessed with them) and I just thought the capris were adorable. I hope they match enough.

I'm sorry about your dads around holidays/birthdays. I don't even know how to say it but I remember those who passed around the time they did each year too. Sometimes, I wish I would just let it slip but I don't really.

I have a dentist appointment on a Sunday next week so I'm just happy there were any openings around here before my benefits reset...

Chris -- I'm sorry about your JW patient. It must be hard working on these weekends but at least it frees you up in the week. I don't think we're doing anything but painting our bathroom. Joe was pretty awesome...I was feeling down for feeling ick yesterday and not getting much done when I got home and Joe woke up in the middle of the night totally up (I guess since he slept in the day) and started to do all these things I meant to get done. I mean, I was doing them because HE hadn't but it was still cool. So, we have primer up on the wall and hopefully one coat of paint before the night is over! We decided to paint the bathroom the lavender color and I compromised with Joe about how to do the bedroom where he can keep his garnet but its more "sellable." But that's a project for another weekend...probably when our friend who's 6'3 is available because it's a pretty easy paint job (except for the faux finish which only Joe does anyway because he's remarkably good at it) but its even easier when someone is that tall.

The weather here has been GORGEOUS. I hope its been as nice to you guys as it is to me. I'm happy any day when I don't have to turn on the A/C. I am actually looking forward to the electricity bill because we went a whole month without turning on the thermostat.

Okay, I gotta start dinner! Beth -- tell me what you bought at totalfitness!

Good morning, and happy 4th! We're headed to a bbq later.... the only fireworks my kids get, Chris, is any they happen to see from whereever we are. We just never take them. I think we talked about this last year -- I do feel some guilt, but not a lot! ;)

Hottie, I started to reply to you last night -- had a bunch typed in -- the phone rang and it was about my mom so that took a while and then when I finally got back to the computer, poof, safari was gone. I hate that!!

That outfit you ordered is so cute! I love both parts. I saw that she had a sale happening, but I just don't need new workout clothes right now. Though after struggling with my skort falling off through cardio this morning, I may re-think that. JK.

I ordered a bunch of yoga from Mary, well, and a couple of Kari Anderson -- Reach, and Lines, Angles, Curves 2, or whatever it's called. I got three Shiva Rea -- the surf one, the upper, and the lower, and I got Rainbeau Mars Pure Sweat. I'm thinking I may try a cardio & yoga rotation and see what happens. Not sure if I can stay away from the weights or not, but I do sort of want to see how I feel after a while of that. Maybe I'll throw in some kettlebells.

This morning I did some more zuzana-type drills for about a half hour or so and then I did 4DS chest/shoulder/tri. I think I'm gonna' be sore!! But I feel really tight -- my muscles feel all bunched up. I haven't gone heavy like that in a while (don't think I went quite so heavy for supersets last week) and I'm not sure I actually like that feeling. Well, anyway, that's my crazy plan.

So, what do people have going on for the 4th? How was work, Chris?

Hi ladies...

Checking in here quick to say Happy 4th of July!!! Getting ready to have people over at my sister's house (the whole family and my brother in laws family too)..Still haven't done much of anything except swim and I have been walking with Vic and some shopping..

Beth: Looks like some good choices in the DVD selection you purchased. I have the Kari Anderson workouts and I really enjoy them..

Ok, big hugs and hellos to hottie, chris and joanne...

Try to log back on tomorrow...I will be back home Wednesday night!!!

Hi Kathy! Good to "see" you!!! Sounds like you're having a good time -- enjoy the family today!

You Chalene fans.... did you hear she had a tubing accident? I guess she was hurt fairly badly but did not seem to require hospitalization, so that's good. The funny thing to me is that some people thought that a "tubing accident" happened with exercise tubing! :eek: This must be a huge bummer for her with all of the fire hype. Always a bummer to be injured, but, well, I feel for her.

Good morning! Well sometime last night I injured my eye somehow..it was bothering me a little at lab and then when I came home I saw that my left eye was swollen and red and possibly bloody. So I took out my contacts and have been wearing glasses. It feels and looks better but I don't think its ready for contacts so I'm wearing glasses...so no high impact stuff until that gets cleared up today. I took evee on a walk with the weighted vest and have in mind to do some power shopping and cleaning so hopefully that'll keep the burn on. I made my yam stir fry last night...it turned out really well. But I think Joe and I are going to do a dim sum in old pas for lunch. He's been awesome with the bathroom. The base layer is up...its a really light pink. Such a huge improvement from poo brown. Very excited over its progress already.

Beth -- I've been on a bit of a shopping binge lately so it feels like (bargain) Xmas lately. It's been pretty cool...but its funny the various sales I get. Like I bought $80 worth of stuff that was more like $120, but then I'm getting an $8 microfleece pull over which used to sell for over $50. So a huge range. I've been wanting a new outfit for working out too so this satisfies that urge until Black Friday! Despite my weight gain, I've been feeling much better about wearing cuter outfits in general and I think it lifts my mood. Ok, enough shopping justifications!

Kathy -- its good to see you too! Don't worry about the workouts --I did BM2 TS Premix on eight inches all for you! :)

Will be back so distract me :)

HEY GIRLS!

Happy 4th of Julyl!!

2.gif

If I have a minute tonight, I'll actually be able to watch the fireworks over the river tonight from work.. I guess that's a benefit from having to work! LOL! Otherwise, I wouldn't be seeing fireworks at all.

Work was busy. but it took my mind off my worries, so I guess it was good.

Beth: How long is the sale for? I don't have time to shop today. Is it tomorrow too? A yoga rotation would be interesting to do. I don't think I could discipline myself to NOT do weights though. But you're doing 4DS this week, right? I'm going to end up doing premixes, because I have to split it up into a 3 day split.

Hottie: Sorry about your eye! Sounds painful/icky! take care! Yay for Joe helping out. That workouts clothes are TOO cute. Though when I look at the top, it looks like it's totally open in front (white on white background). It took me a while to get it.

Kathy: *WAVES*!!!! No worries about workouts. It's been a while since you had a rest week, and it does your body good! I've been wondering if you saw Cathe's JULY 10 rotation ? Looks very cool with lots of cardio! I would SO do it, if I didn't have TUrbo Fire going on.

*waves* to Joanne!

Gotta run off to work in a few...

good morning! my eye is better but still giving me problems. It has completely discombobulated me. So yesterday was pretty bleh because of it...but got another couple hours of that video game done. Seriously, those of you with kids and a 360 -- you guys can borrow this one. I will not miss it at all. But it is a timesuck so don't let the kids have it during the school year.

I start Meso 2 today which is a HiiT workout...but since I'm not going into work until later I was thinking about putting in a longer cardio. Later this week is CCC but I just did CCC a couple days ago...but its hard enough for me that it'll still be challenging. And then I''m not sure if I should just tack on more cardio to the HiiT. So,I think the decision will be made when its made.

Chris -- Joe thought the same thing -- he was like, that will be the most open cleavage top ever! BUY IT! I hope you got to see the fireworks. We're so close to the rose bowl that we can hear them but i have no desire to push and shove to see them. Every dog down my street was going batshit. When I took evee on her walk, dogs that normally obey their masters were going crazy. MY dog was the calmest but she was still really spooked.

My goals today are....workout, clean, finish the bathroom, lab, and get evee some exercise. with joe sick for so long she's been a lazy couch dog. in fact, her head is resting on my thigh as I type this!

But first some online shopping...

Hello! Did you guys have a good 4th? Hottie, how's your eye???? Better, I hope!

We had a fun time.... nice crowd of people, good food. There were sparklers for the kids (not the same kind as I had as a kid, that's for sure! No fear in these!) and we could hear booms in the distance but couldn't see a thing -- too much fog. We were all freezing, too! Crazy weather!

I did a quick yoga this morning.... may do some walking/running outside later, we'll see.

Have a good one! Joanne, you must have the day off, right? Let's hope!

Chris, I was thinking the totalfitnessdvds sale ended yesterday, but I just looked and it seems like there's still good prices......

ETA: I think the really good prices are gone. but there might still be some deals....

Last edited:
Hey Girls!

Soooo glad it's Monday. Holy crap, work was brutal , especially Sunday night. Tough crowd. I had one room of guys that really tested my patience and they fed off of each other too. I'd be standing there in the middle of the room and BOTH would be asking me for things at the same time. Plus one of the patients was a kind of shady character. He was 40, and had some gang related past. But, sadly enough, the guy had metastatic colon cancer. He had such bad belly issues. A colostomy, plus 3 holes that had spontaneously started oozing (poop, sorry) because of blockages in his bowels. AND he had 2 nephrostomy tubes. He was a character. He looked like a drugged out/gone bad Prince (the singer). We had a lovely conversasion about letting your significant other have random sex with other people if you couldn't due to health reasons. Oh my! Soooo glad it's over!!!

My workout today was Turbo Fire HiiT 15. Okay, not sure why, but this one is HARDER for me than HiiT20. I was sucking wind! And kept wanting it to end!. And then I did Sculpt 30, which is tubing strength stuff. Interesting moves. But no where NEAR the intensity of Cathe's weight work. And there were only a few compound lower body moves. Don't get me wrong, some of them had me quivering and grimacing, but just not always. Or for as long as Cathe's. I wonder if Joanne ever did this one and what you thought?

Hottie: Sadly enough, I had NO time to watch the fireworks last night from work. Whatever. we'll see them on the beach in a few weeks! . YOu can't see them from the Rose Bowl from your house? ... I wonder what you did for HiiT today!?!?! Inquiring minds want to know! ... What 360 game are you talking about, hottie? Lately my boys have been into Halo. And Zach is freakin addicted to Call of Duty. Ugh. ...

Beth: Sounds like a very nice 4th of July! I love sparklers! So are you doing the yoga rotation now or the 4DS one for a bit? I'm going to end up doing the Premixes from 4DS (back and biceps and then the shoulders,tri's,bi's) to get them all in this week, since I did sculpt today. ... I did a very short 10 minute quickie yoga after my workout today. It was more of a stretch yoga. ... Will have to go check out totalfitnessdvds after supper!!!

Oh hey! Our pool got put up and filled over night! (Love my husband!) So excited to play in it this week. It's supposed to be in the 90's and hot hot hot !!!

*waves* to Kathy and Joanne!!!!

Hottie, I guess we posted the same time earlier, and I did not see your post til just now. I thought that was the back of the top..... is it really white in the front like that?

Chris, wow, crazy night at work! That guy sounds like a piece of work!! Bet you're glad that's over for now!

I'm not sure what I'm going to do! Not sure I can completely give up the weights, either!! I do think I'm going to try to get more yoga in, and try to do some cardio nearly ever day.... we'll see how it goes!!

I was surfing youtube earlier looking at turbo fire videos people have put up -- there are quite a few already. I'm starting to get more tempted!! Have you guys tried the "new to class" option, or you didn't need to? There's a woman who shows it..... seems like that might be helpful. I do think I'll try some more of the turbo jams first though, just to be sure. So, it'll probably be a while yet.

I think I may do hiit 40/20 tomorrow.... I think I've only done that one once!!

So, I think my contact lens is acting like a bandage...I'll take it out soon but I like how its feeling right now!

I did HiiT 30/30 today and I did the med ball abs from core max to sub for the ab workout on the rotation. I added in a walk with evee and I did some of the cardio of KCM's Cardio Sculpt because I've had it now for a couple weeks since my friend gave it to me. So I'm on track for Meso 2 tomorrow. Not ready to go back to work! But at least my boss is still not around...the bathroom is pretty much done! Its super pretty...very romantic. We were originally going to change the bedroom to this color but we decided on the bathroom. Unfortunately, Joe started without asking me about a gameplan so the walls I would have chosen for the faux finish are reversed but its still cool. I'll try to put up pictures. I want to do the trim tonight and Joe and I were talking about what to do about the ugly vanity (whether replace it entirely or just the top). It still needs to be touched up but I'm hoping if Joe is willing we can finish enough to put the crap back in its place so we can start using it as a bathroom again.

Chris -- ok, I admit it. You're making me want Turbo Fire. We'll see how I'm doing with all my other purchases at the end of the summer. Maybe it'll be my STS finale present...not sure. I'm not surprised that beachbody comes out with harder cardio than weight work. It seems that they're really a *business* and they know how to market meaning it's easier to sell people, hey you lose weight by sweating than hey, do this regimented lifting workout that requires discipline for several months and requires a ton of equipment. I guess CLX did that but its nothing close to STS IMHO (in fact, always pushing how you don't need all the equipment). One is more daunting than the other. And don't forget -- they specifically market to women and there's a terrible myth that women shouldn't lift That's why I love Cathe... Hey, what's Cathe's project this year? I don't know anything about it...I hope she comes out with something...wow, that guy sounded like a character. Thank goodness you're a professional. Get this -- I had to admit to the other bridesmaids for my friend who's getting married in SF that I was a prude and didn't take to strip clubs. I think I made them all dislike me in an instant. I wasn't saying I wouldn't go, I even said that I'd be more fun if they got me drunk (the bride doesn't drink), but I'm really like, wow, that's a nice d*** you got there. Work out? Ugh -- I'm even worse around female strippers...

Beth -- no, that's the back of the top. Here's the front:
Butterfy%20Tank%20front%20orange%20-%20442x524.jpg

Joe thought it was the front and got excited. I thought up picking up TJ this weekend to preview the stuff. I can't seem to get that pump it move though...I look like a dunce. I really need to lose more weight before I think of doing a yoga rotation. I'm up but its solely because of the crap I shove in my mouth. I'm convinced at this point exercise makes me happy and gives me energy but my weight loss is strictly tied to my diet at this point. So what did I eat today? Pizza and chinese food. But I did have decent portions so that's a start.

Oh, its FFXIII. Or for people unaware of the video game abbreviations... Final Fantasy XIII. It's part of a super venerated series its just I've been getting more and more disappointed with each game since FF9.

Wow, its late. I gotta call my mom and then finish the bathroom. See you all tomorrow!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.