~*~MARCH 10 Check In for TUESDAY, 3/9~*~

Boingo1

Cathlete
Hey girls!

Starting us off this morning...

I have Jake's reading group at 9:30 , and then plan to come home, do some type of ab work, and then out for a run. (instead of CCC, which I'm a little sick of, to tell you the truth. I've done that one the MOST out of all the STS cardios!)

Before I forget...

All for you, Hottie!!!

I know that MMA Boxing REALLY gets it good in your arms and upper back. I remember that feeling! Step Moves was a good one for yesterday. I have Athletic Step on tap for later in the week and am looking forward to it. (But haven't done it in so long, I forget, am I really?). That is too cute that Evee knows when Cathe DVDs end and is ready for her walk!! Smart dog! Glad she's feeling better.

I'm getting anxious to get this party started, it is very sunny and nice out this morning! I dread going to the reading group and getting the 'bad' group again. Please please PLEASE don't let me get Jack again!!!!

Hey ladies...

I was having some internet issues this morning. So, glad I am able to get on now. Today is CCC for me. I haven't done this one since I first got it. I do remember a couple of tough moves that I modified...Anyway, back to school lessons then Lauren has drawing lessons this afternoon...

Chris: Enjoy your run..It is beautiful here today..Hope you get the good reading group!!

Talk to you later..

morning! I again got way too little sleep last night. I have the time for a HiiT workout but not the energy! So, I'm going to do the p57 arm and ab booster right after I brush my teeth...

Chris -- I hope you get a better reading group as well!

Kathy -- survive CCC! That's the one I've touched the least (once)!

ok just finished the arm and ab booster -- couldn't do it all again but that said, my abs hurt for about four days last week so we'll see! Now off to get dressed and get the rest of my day done!

Good morning! No internet this morning, plus not enough time anyway.....

I started off with 4DS kickbox -- love that one! and then added on BBL high and tight. It's divided into standing, floor with band, and floor with weights work. I got through part of it and realized the cats were torturing a poor little mouse. Well, by the time I was starting the floor with weights work, they were all a little too close for comfort (with my face on the ground), so I bailed on the workout! :p I may try to work it in this afternoon.... we'll see!

Chris, I hope you got a better group this week. I so remember the days of having awful groups. It's not like that for me as much this year, though that fifth grade math can get awfully trying at times!!

Joanne, my heart skipped a beat yesterday reading, and believing (for a moment) that you'll be coming to San Diego!! Gosh, that would have been so cool! Rats to New Orleans!!

Hottie, how's Evee today? Better, I hope!!

Gotta go get some work done.....

Hi ladies..

Checking back with CCC done..That one is tough...I tried to do it the way Cathe did. I got most of the butterfly pushups this time and I did the roll back jump up things too...Wow...I am a little sore in the chest & triceps from yesterday. So, some of those arm movements were getting to me..

Ok, off to take Lauren to drawing and get to the grocery store!!

Hi ladies. I will be so glad when this week is over. We have a big meeting starting Thursday and everyone is in a tizzy! I probably won't be on Thursday or Friday since I'll be over at the hotel.

Kathy, I don't envy you doing CCC! But, good for you for almost matching Cathe!! I can't do one of those jump up things. Well, maybe one, but it'll take me twice as long!

Chris, how was the run?? I saw an FB you got Jake's group - cool!

Hottie, very cool that Evee knows when the Cathe workout is ending! Tully usually bugs me to let her out just when the warm-up starts. DH says she knows when I come home everynight. At 6:00 she'll go into the living room and sit by the door. Could be cause I'm the one who feeds her shortly after that. ;) Is the P57 Arms and Abs Booster tough? I need to do an arm workout tomorrow. Thinking of that or Squeeze Stronger.

Beth, I did High and Tight today!! No cats or mice to distract me, though. I liked it. He does enough reps but not so much that you are in agony! I wish I had time for cardio.

BBL...hopefully!

Joanne

Hey again....

Reading group: GREAT! Jake's teacher was there and I got "MY" group (with Jake in it), she took the crazy group, and I noticed they were so much better behaved for her ... Hmmmph!. the 30 minutes FLEW by, as compared with the last 2 weeks.

I came home and did the warm-up to CCC and then did the Core Premix only from CCC. I like doing it this way, because I can add on reps if I fall behind and go slower with them. I added on Ab Hits , the traditional abs from Step Heat. All crunches. But I swear, for some reason, my abs get sore after these lately.

Afterwards, i headed to the park for a run!!! It was great. Except my shins seemed to remember the soreness they had for 2 days last week. Kind of hurt. it was better if I ran on the (dead) grassy areas, so I tried to keep it there more. There was quite a wind on occasion too! On my last stretch, I was totally running against a strong wind, it was weird! I felt like I was in a bad dream where you can't run, but your legs are moving!

Kathy: I figured there was something up since the thread wasn't started at the crack of dawn! LOL!... Why have I done CCC so much? LOL! The core stuff is hard. I like doing it separate, like I said. I have very mild DOMS in my chest and tri's, mostly when I go to stretch, they're sore. Isn't it weird when that happens? I even went to failure yesterday. And quivering status too!

Hottie: NICE job on P57 today! Maybe you won't be so sore since you did this before? That's what I'm hoping with my running today.

Beth: 4DS KB is a goodie! Gets in there for 30 minutes, I like the jumps!... I have to say, you're making me want that BBL more and more. that sounds like a good lower body workout. Would you say it's at all similiar to P57?

I've had this window open for > 1 hour! Better post it before it gets eaten... Joanne probably posted TWICE since I started this! LOL!

Beth -- I was just thinking about doing the 4DS KB on sunday but then I went with the MMA Boxing. Have you tried the MMA Fusion one? It looks fun just I can't do some of those core intensive moves. Evee is doing soooo much better. We got home uber late last night (my experiments HATES me) and she was back to greeting us at the door and was just more like herself -- energetic and happy. She did try to go under the bed at one point but she didn't fight me when I tried to stop her. She was also back to sleeping where *I* sleep in the bed (I think she likes it because I open up the windows and sun just bathes her). She's almost completely healed; I gave her some more benadryl this morning. I hope to see it go away completely this evening. Do cats actually ... torture their prey? Evee has grabbed onto things before (squirrels and birds) but she holds them more out of curiosity I think then to play games with their heads.

Kathy -- wohoo on CCC! Yeah, me match Cathe...in my wildest dreams. I still have this fat baby hanging off my midsection preventing me from doing certain moves.

Joanne -- Ok, so I like the arm and ab booster mostly because I like her voice more than the others. It's not much of an arm workout but you definitely feel it near the end, and the ab work is still too hard for me. My core was hurting for a looong time last week so it challenged me! Evee waits for me too. Joe once got pissed because when he came home before me, Evee was like "whatever" and then when I pulled up to the driveway an hour later, she was super excited running from the side of the house to the back door to greet me. I think it's a food giver thing too which is why I won't let joe feed her! (jk!) hey joanne -- what do you "do?" I just realized I don't know!

Santa Anas.... yeeessh! Just makes me think of fires.....

good work on CCC girls. I really have to do that one again one of these days..... Chris, do you think the cardio is harder the way you do it -- there's no break, right? Hottie, I think I did MMA fusion once and really liked it, but I can't remember now!! :eek:

Chris, I like BBL a lot better than P57, though I think after doing it so often for a few weeks I'm starting to have some dread. Somehow there's a lot more fun factor for it, and I do think it works the butt a lot more than the quads, which is what I need.

I don't know if cats normally torture their prey.... honestly, I think maybe they didn't really know what to do and maybe were a little afraid. They were virgins, as far as I know. Gina's been killing mice in the barn apparently, and Larry says she's super fast at getting them and killing them.

Joanne, good luck with the big meeting!! We'll miss you!

Hottie, so glad Evee is doing better. Gina had a bad rash that was diagnosed as poison oak! (not sure we believe that) and she was not herself, either. It eventually cleared up and she was much more Gina.

Chris, I hate it when the kids misbehave and I'm not sure how to handle it. I'm sure they were better behaved for the teacher because they know she doesn't let them get away with it. But as a volunteering parent, it's very tough to know how to handle the misbehavior! I always wish the teachers would give us some sort of guidance on that -- it'd help everyone involved if they did.

Time for lunch, I say!!

Chris, no, I only posted once!! Here's #2! ;) Run sounds fun! I so need to get out there. I got an email about the run for the Children's Hospital that I did last year. It's the first weekend in June. I have to get my butt in gear if I want to do it. There's a run on Memorial Day too that I usually do.

Hottie, so funny that you asked what I do! My kids are always asking me and I try to explain but their eyes glaze over. I work for a large membership organization for lawyers. Instead of trying to explain what I do, here's a link to the web site for my department - www.abanet.org/barserv. If you go to the contact us section you can see my lovely ;) picture. So glad to hear Evee is on the mend! My kids will do that - not notice when DH gets home, but are all excited to see me! Probably cause I'm the one that feeds them, too! :) I do feel bad for him sometimes, but they're all just mama's boys (and girl).

High school orientation tonight! Jameson is really looking forward to it.

Joanne

Beth, you owe me (or I owe you?) a beer! I think CCC is like the HiiTs. The core is so tough it's not really much of a break inbetween the cardio! Have you done the sculpt workout from BBL? I may try that this week. I think I'll do the upper body and abs from SqS tomorrow. Want to join me?? And some cardio.

:eek:You guys are post crazy!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

Hottie: Glad to hear Evee is mostly back to herself! I know, my cats are weird in that I can DISH out the food, and if someone ELSE brings it to their room , they won't follow them. They'll only follow me. Dumb cats! ... I think cats don't necessarily intentionally TORTURE their pray, i think they are just curious and they want to stop it from moving. ... I meant to say, beth, you are a WAY braver woman than I, because I wouldn't even BE in the house if there was a mouse in it!!!!!!! .... Those Santa Ana winds are way stronger than what we have!!!

Beth: I only did the core work from CCC, NOT the cardio portion, at all. I only did that once that way, separating the two. I think it's good to do the abwork separate to practice the moves, though. But the cardio all together is kind of hell! :eek:.... Ah! Fun factor. More encouragement... LOL! I think I will just keep my eye open for BBL and I'm sure they have it on Amazon, I can use my GC when I earn one on it. .... It's crazy how much power teachers have. And Jake's teacher is SO soft spoken, yet she can silence a room without raising her voice. Kind of cool!

Joanne: You did post! . I knew it. AND hottie! ... The weather is just getting nicer and nicer , and then I have the college nearby, so tons of people run by my house and near the park. Gives me the itch to run more!! .. There is something about outside. I sure missed it. The blue sky, the birds, the fresh air. And my iPod blasting!! good stuff! .... okay, I admit, i'm a little glazed over at what you do too! But sounds very impressive!! And lots of independence. What did you major in in college to have a job like that? .... Hey, you're high and tight too! no fair! I want high and tight!!! :p

I have Greg grilling out today for the first time this year. He doesn't know it yet. Hope the grill works!

Chris, oh yes, of course you only did the abs portion today since you went for a run! Anyway, I'm going to try it "your way" next time I do it. To be honest, I'm sort of afraid to do it again.... my memory is that was one of the harder shock cardios.

Joanne, you go by Jo? So funny.... I thought I had asked you about your job once upon a time and somehow my memory was that you told us you worked for an insurance company, so I imagined you doing actuary tables (isn't that what they're called?) and stuff. How did I get that in my brain?!

I have done BBL Sculpt, but only once... was thinking I might do it sometime this week, but.... I don't want to join you in the SQ Stronger upper body because I did that on Sunday! Sorry! My waist is still talking to me from that!!

Hey - maybe we'll get to 20 posts today! :)

Chris, thanks - my job is OK - it's hard to explain to people what it is! I've been here almost 25 years and they've been good to me - so I guess I'll stick around. ;) I have a marketing degree. No, unfortunately, I'm not high and tight - I'm low and squishy! I'd like to be high and tight someday. Mmmm, what's on the grill for tonight?

Beth, I didn't even realize they had me as "Jo". Yeah, I guess people do call me that. It's weird, though, my family never did, but my friends do. Probably cause my dad's name was Joe and it would be too confusing. See, I need to come around more on the weekends, I didn't realize you just did SqS.

Almost time to go home...it's supposed to be around 50 outside.

Have a good night all!

Joanne

Wait -- they don't call you Jojobean??

I think I understand what you do joanne -- Joe works at Paul Hastings -- don't they have a Chicago office? You provide services for the inter-communications inside legal community up there. Joe manages the internal portal for his firm so he has to take info from people like YOU and disseminate the info on the network. Frankly he should be doing the external site as well but well, it's turf wars. It's weird to see lawyers from the service perspective...sometimes partners are so calm and not assholey...and then sometimes they totally are! (though its first year associates that crack me up -- once I was waiting for Joe in his bldg and the summer associates were bitching about how they only got blackberries instead of iphones...since I knew I'd never see them after the summer I actually said, "OH SH*T, HOW ABSOFU**INGTELY UNBELIEVABLY RUDE OF THEM! Don't they know how *precious* you all are? Oh, enjoy your 100 work week..." Joe nearly sh*t a brick but he was really happy I said it afterwards. ahh...taking lawyers down a couple notches...it's a favorite pastime of mine...much like Joe watch the Cubs lose..erm, watching the Cubs play...

Hey isn't that warm? Because it was cold outside when I left and I think it was 50...

Beth -- hey do you think Evee and Gina could get a long? I am planning that SF trip in September for my friend's wedding and you're on the way...:) But no poison oak for Evee -- this hive thing almost killed me! (yes, I realized I said me.) Only oatmeal shampoos for her now and she doesn't seem to react to that. Thankfully, Evee is about 100 IQ points lower than my childhood dog so she doesn't usually get her prey. She only will if she has enough room for speed which in our tiny backyard doesn't apply.

Chris -- Joe has a friend who used to teach 2nd grade (now 5th) but she had this "traffic" light system that has an automatic noise sensor so if they got too loud it would shift from green to yellow. She told me it never got to red. (But just in case, her husband rigged it so that she could hit the red light.) That way she never had to raise her voice. Those kids probably realize they have to deal with the teachers everyday but with you not so much. Maybe that's why subs never put up a fight...

I finally finished that experiment from yesterday. I'm taking a walk before I clean up though...

I'm pushing for 20!

Who gets the cupcakes tonight??

Joanne, Ahhh..low and squishy here too. And yes, I don't picture you as a "Jo". Maybe a Jojobean!

Hottie: YAY for your experiment getting finished!!! Science is your friend now? that's a cool tool for a 2nd grade teacher!

NOM NOM NOM!

I have been having a hard time controlling my eating when I get home. I'm low and squishier than I was a couple hours ago.

::sigh:: I had to yell at my student. Gave him a mock exam -- he scored on the multiple choice the equivalent of guessing randomly. The only good thing is that he got freaked out too.

I need to do a super insane workout tomorrow methinks...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.