~*~MARCH 10 Check In for Thursday, 3/4~*~

Hey Chris....

Thanks for starting us off. Vic was sleeping later then me and then I was getting breakfast and starting lessons and all that. This was my first chance on the computer...

Today is a steady state run on the schedule. But, I think I may just do a video. That will be easier for me today. I was thinking of doing Amy Bento's Hi/Lo dome challenge...Chris are you running or is there too much snow about?

Be back later..

I'm back!

On the schedule today is "45 minute steady state run". The weather forecast for today is "cloudy and blustery". BUT, it's looking kind of nice out right now and I'm debating on heading to the park for a run! I know my legs are going to KILL tomorrow though. Hmmmm, decisions, decisions! . My other option is to do the new workout I got yesterday, Tracey Staehle's Cardio Kickbox Challenge. ... I do have to change up the next 2 days of the rotation though. tomorrow, instead of KPC, I'm going to do Saturdays: Power Hour + 40/20, because there's no way I'd have time for all that on Saturday. Saturday I'll probably do a premix from KPC.

Joanne: AWESOME job by your boys yesterday! Makes all those crazy things they do fade away, doesn't it? LOL about his face being beat up for the picture though. Boys will be boys! And if it was a girl, they'd probably refuse to have their picture taken that way! He was probably proud of it! LOL!.....

Hottie:
Your day was crazy yesterday!!! Evee sounds snuggable though!... Oh , I think it takes 24 hours to rebuild your blood up after a donation? Mostly it's hydration. Make sure you drink more than usual!! .... See, I'm from the day and age where the pipettes were done by mouth! LOL!! Long long long time agoo.....

I'm wiped this morning. I ended up going to Zach's band concert last night , with just Alex accompanying me. For some reason he really wanted to go. But I truly didn't want to bring Jake, (he gets bored and fidgets and complains) and I ddin't want to bring Greg either... he embarasses me because he bobs his head and falls asleep! So it was just me and Alex, who got bored once and made fart noises. But it wasn't too bad! ... Zach makes me sad though. When he's around his friends, he ignores me and is totally embarassed by me. It hurts my feelings. :( I know it's teenager-hood, but still, I'm a cool mom!!!... So anyways, I stayed up late (11:30) to watch the season finale of Nip/Tuck. I can NOT believe that show is done with. I'm going to miss Christian and Sean. They were like family! :eek:

So tired! Now I see the breeze picking up, but still think that maybe a run might make me feel better...

Beth: Hope the rain has let up there a little!

Kathy: Whatcha doing today?

Will BBL!!!

I had a feeling you were posting, kathy! ;)

17.gif

Good morning! It's supposed to be sunny here today, but then the rain starts again and goes into next week. Just seems crazy, but.... it is probably delaying fire season and that's a good thing.

I think I'll start running again after the RT. Let us know how that new kickbox is, Chris. This morning I did Tonique 2, disc 1. Tough!!! For me anyway, that's the toughest one to date. As I was doing it, I wasn't sure if it really is tougher or if it's because I didn't sleep much last night and was hungry to boot.

While I couldn't sleep last night I listened to a podcast about food addiction.... it was pretty interesting. Three of the speakers were researchers from UCSF and stuck to science stuff. The fourth woman was a psychiatrist, I think, from UCSF who is theoretically an expert on mindful eating, and I'm sure that's why they brought her on, but..... all she talked about was buddhism. Well, I know next to nothing about buddhism, but she was touting it as the answer to the world's obesity problem and I kept thinking.... now wait a minute, wasn't Buddha the guy with the big round belly?! :D

Hottie, you had a crazy day yesterday!!! Do you give blood on some regular schedule? It seemed like a sort of big thing to add in with everything else you had going on!

Chris, of course you are a cool mom! And, some day, really, he will know that and appreciate you, I'm sure. It's just teenagerhood. Oh, I dread it!

Better get making lunches! Have a great day!

yawn....I'm wiped too Chris. I'm typing this while picking up my notebook from the side of the bed. Not even sure what I'm doing -- need to see how sick Joe is. I may just go into work in the afternoon and stay until the late evening. I have a big experiment planne (that I pushed off from yesterday) but I definitely need my energy for it. Now to get up and start my day...and figure out ny workout!

beth you made me laugh about the laughing buddha! it's different for sure but it gets mixed up. but actually, this is the first year I can donate blood because I was always turned away for my anemia. So, I'm pretty dedicated to it. every 8 weeks and this time they were in front of MY workplace-- I had to make sure I did...

Oh, so it really is a different Buddha thing? See? I said I know next to nothing!!!

Hope Joe feels better! Good for you on the blood donation..... I never have in my life..... too afraid, I guess. People used to look at me and say "well, you probably don't weigh enough", but I did. And then I made sick jokes about not being able to because I had sex with a man in the last six months (the guys question). I need to do it with a friend some day. Although did I hear something about them thinking women shouldn't donate for some reason? Maybe I'll wait for that..... (I know, I'm horrible!)

Ugh, just typed my usual long, blabbering post and lost it! :( So, this will be the short version ;)

Hottie, thanks for the explanation of the pipettes. I get it now. I don't think Tully would be calm enough to do the teeth cleaning awake. I'm sure it'll cost at least $100 for it. Everything at the vet does - it's more expensive than taking the kids to the doctor! Good for you for donating blood. Did you get cookies after? ;) I think they say 24 hours before lifting anything heavy.

Beth, I've donated a few times, but I almost pass out - I just get kind of freaked about it. I should do it more. Had to laugh about Buddhism and the food talk and the belly! Yea, that doesn't make sense! So, Tonique 2 is tougher than the original? I'll be trying them out next week.

Chris, sounds like my family at a band concert. Colin will squirm and fidget in his chair and complain about how boring it is; DH will fall asleep, Ian will make fart noises. ;) Caitlyn is probably the least embarrassing! Oh, I hear ya on the non-cool mom thing. I'm in the same spot now with Jameson and Ian. I've found it's different when they have friends over. But out at a public place? MOM - stay away!! I think it's a normal part of growing up and we probably did the same thing! Does make you kind of sad though. I'm thinking about a run this weekend - supposed to be 50.

Kathy, Hi/Lo Dome challenge is fun!!

Today I did 10-10-10. Very fun - especially the hi/lo and the kickbox parts. Then I subbed Bum Bum for Leaner Legs. I liked it - we'll see how I'm feeling tomorrow. Leandro is so funny. His accent is kind of endearing.

BBL...

Joanne

Hey again,

So I went for my run, and it wasn't very cold or windy OR blustery! It was maybe 45 degrees, filtered sunshine, a LITTLE cool breeze, which felt good when I got all warmed up. So it was nice! I just know my shins are going to be sore tomorrow. Esp since I had to run on pavement 98% of the time. Oh, and when I got about 20 minutes into my run, 4 F-15's from the air base were flying over head! The made about 3 sweeps, and then took off. It was really cool!

Went to Walmart afterwards. Alex is in a classroom play tomorrow, and he needed to look like Robert E Lee (who he did his book report on). How the hell do you find stuff to make Robert e Lee this time of year? Halloween , maybe. So I found a beard (it's a reddish leprachan beard! LOL) and a big black button shirt and a belt. And we have a sword. No hat. Whatever. That's all I got! LOL!

Beth: Running rocks! I can't wait to get into it more. I'd love to do a running rotation coupled with Physique 57 butt work, and maybe get BBL to go with it. ... LOL @ the big bellied Buddhist solving our eating issues! I know it's something else, but it is a funny image!. .... WTG on Tonique! I bet it was tough!!! It sounds scary!... What the heck does having sex with a guy eliminate you from donating blood? OMG, you are a RIOT!

Hottie: I'm dead , still. I thought the run would revive me. Now I have a headache and I feel exhausted. Although it is my "TOM" (no period, just sometimes I get fatigue , which might be adding to my lack of sleep last night). .... I should donate blood. I always think of it. I used to... Hope you feel better than me!!! Have fun with your calibrated pipettes!

Joanne: HATE when that happens with my posting!! :mad: ...... It's supposed to get warmer and sunnier here this weekend too! Can't wait for real good running weather! ... I'm glad I don't have the only dysfunctional family at kids' functions! LOL!!! .. I do know it's normal for Zach to be embarassed by his mom. Plus a girl (his friend's sister who I think he kind of likes) was trying to talk to him, and he was ignoring her and I mentioned it to him. He was SO annoyed with me! Parents do suck when you're a teenager. I guess I remember well. LOL! .... I enjoyed 10-10-10 last week too. It was fun! But it takes up a lot of room, so I had to modify the moves a little. Thats the only thing i didn't like. ... Do you think I would like Bum Bum too?

So I took some Advil Gels, and now i'm drinking this tea called "Morning Thunder". it's caffeinated, and it's supposed to give you a "boost". we'll see....

Ok, so am I the only fool in the world who didn't know about Buddha?!

Very quickly cause I have to dash to school..... at least fifteen years ago, one of the screening questions for men before they donated blood was "Have you had sex with a man in the last six months?" and if the answer was yes, they couldn't donate.

Can you believe I posted just for this?!

Beth, I confess, I didn't know it was a separate Buddha thing either. ;) Oh, and I was a bit confused about not being able to donate blood if you'd had sex with a man within the last six months. I didn't notice you said it was only a guy question. Wouldn't that eliminate a good percentage of the population?? :) If they asked everyone, of course. Like everyone except lesbians. OK, this thread has really gone south!!

Chris, yeah on the run!! I always get sore after running if I haven't done it in awhile. Sounds like a fine Robert E. Lee to me! I've only done the one BBL workout, but I think you'd like it. Hope the headache goes away.

Just age a very large cookie. Why do I do that? But, mmm, it was good!!

Someone else has to post today so I'm not the thread killer....

Bring it on... Thread kill!

(Do I get cupcakes???)

Oh, Beth! Now I get it! I was confused by the "sex with men" thing. Geesh, do they really ask that???? I'm glad you clarified!!

Joanne, Well, Alex didn't like the beard (he wanted a white one) and the sword fell through too. No hat either. And he said he's sitting down reading at a table, so he won't be standing up so anyone can really see what he's wearing. Oh welllll...

wish I had a large cookie...

Oh I figured out something really dumb i've been doing. I couldnt' figure out why I peed SOOO much at night. Well, come to find out , my tea cup, that I drink my evening tea in is 16oz!!!! I thought it was 8 or 12, but not 16! No wonder I pee like a race horse every time I have a "cup of tea". :eek:

No way! Cupcakes are all for me!!!

Well, they used to ask that a long long time ago..... I don't know if they do any more, but I had to laugh when we were at piano lessons and I was cruising the internet news and saw something about senators want to lift the ban on gay men donating blood. Joanne, too funny about the lesbians and where this thread is going.

Chris, funny about the costume -- funny because it was you and not me! ;) Sounds like you did very well, all things considered!

Too funny about the pee cup, er, I mean, tea cup!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.