~*~JAN 09~*~Weekend Check In for 1/10 & 1/11

Boingo1

Cathlete
Getting us started !!!

5yjbztv.gif

Happy Saturday... for those who celebrate it ;)

I'm struggling with what to do this morning. I'm tired. Not sure if I want to kick out 60 Minutes of cardio (4DS: Kickbox & BC premix). I rarely take an extra day off. I have a tough weekend ahead, plus stuff I want/need to get done today, and I don't want to stress about it.

So , tell me, what SHOULD I do????

Should I do a workout today, or take an extra rest day? I'm so confused :confused:

From Yesterday:

Joanne: I'm anxious to hear how your parents did yesterday. Check in when you can! ... Thanks for those links, I haven't looked yet, but I'm going to today. I'm sure I'll find something I like. I understand the "awakening" you had yesterday. I seem to have that every Monday morning... I struggle with putting my jeans on from eating crappy all weekend. I know it's 90% water gain, but nonetheless, the tighter pants are a kick in my butt to do better during the week. I just need that kick on Saturday. Your son *IS* super sweet! ... I know one night watching Biggest Loser, one of my sons said, "Hey, Mom. YOU should be on that show!" And I'm thinking, "seriously??" And he responded, "As one of the trainers" Thank YOU!!!

Beth: Thanks for the feedback on CLX. It is on my "to get" list then. But after STS I think.

Hottie: Oh crap! I'm sorry to hear about your hand injury. is this something you have been dealing with for a while? Take care!!! Sounds like you're kicking butt on IMAX2 and GS!!

Vilma: I hope YOU feel better too! I have such a poor tolerance for headaches, I cringe at the thought of a migraine. Do you take migraine medication for it? Either way, hope it's gone today...

So tell me..what should I DO????? Cardio or Rest day????

Very cool, Chris (that you got motivated to work out). I went to bed last night feeling like I'm getting sick again (feel like I haven't really been well since before Thanksgiving!) and woke up feeling that way, but wondering if it's party my body is "adjusting" to CLX. In the end, I decided to do her Burn it Off. It's short (25 minutes, about), intense cardio. My HRM said I burned 186 calories with 139 avg and 159 top. So, Cathe definitely does more for me. I'm not sure I'll do this on a regular basis, but maybe save it for those days when it's hard to get motivated and I need something shorter. That said, I then did 200 fast kbell swings and her Recharge stretch workout, and I did feel good after that 20 minutes of stretching!

Oh Chris, you asked about the audio cd -- it wasn't all that motivating for me, because a lot of it is about trying to get people to exercise regularly, and we here already do that! There's stuff about eating right in there, too, but -- I dunno -- I feel like she's aiming toward a different crowd than those here, you know what I mean?

So my kettlebell trainer, Tracy, is now teaching some group classes on Saturday mornings. Sounds perfect, right? The problem is that it would be an hour drive each way for me -- crazy, right? She's still willing to do some private sessions with me on Tuesday mornings..... I'm torn about which to do. She suggested trying to combine the Saturday classes with something else in that neck of the woods, but I'm not sure I have much to do in that part of the world on Saturdays, you know?

Laundry max and paper organization on tap for me today! We have a four year old boy coming over for a while, and my 9 year old is crazy about him, so that should be fun, too. Have a great day, where ever it takes you..... hope everyone is feeling better with their ailments. Joanne, do let us know how things went yesterday -- I was thinking about you!

Oh, Chris, I love how your son thinks you should be a coach for biggest loser! You should!!

-Beth

Hey There Everyone!

Chris Love that you got your workout in. That's the main reason I come onto the Cathe forums esp when I need that push just to get me started if I feel like I'm faltering for the day.

What your son told you about being a trainer for BL is great. Sometimes we don't realize the things we as parents teach/show our kids. :)

I'm still dealing with this migraine it hurts alot and it didn't help that I had to throw a mommy card a while ago which I felt my blood pressure go up and made it worse.

I'm treating it as I usually do Excedrin migraine with 800mg of motrin and 16oz of black expresso, then I try to just do some deep breathing exercises and that tends to help but when I have to referee and stop battles here it gets really bad. Right now I feel it between my eyes and the nausea is slowly getting worse and the light on the screen makes it hurt.

Beth I would try to see how the Sat. sessions go w/ Tracey maybe she will have the class do more than what she's shown you ? I saw that her rates seem pretty reasonable too. Try it out you can always go back to one on one w/ her on Tuesdays. I guess it just comes down to what is easier for you.

Yesterday I rec'd Lisa Shaffer's Workshop clinic dvd and its great and makes me feel I was in the workshop w/ her. I really like it and she is so through about the moves. I went along with the class and did the moves so it was an added workout for me. My oldest has it up in her room as she wants to learn kettlebells and has said she feels in right in her legs.

I have an itread waiting for me followed by my 200 swings once the meds and headache go away enough to get it going.

Have a great one!

picture.php

Hi ladies..

Checking in today with 4 day split low intensity step: shoulders, calves & core..yesterday I was busy cleaning. I did do 4DS bootcamp entire workout...My sister is coming with my neice today. So, I may be scarce on checkins until she goes home on Wednesday..I am hoping to still get my workouts in though. Tomorrow I am taking a scheduled rest day from a few days ago that I moved around..

Have a great weekend!!

Hey guys-still using my tablet to rest my right hand. I did The first half of Imax 3 (badly) and the low impact combos of Kickmax. I may do some core work later this evening but I need to do housework soon... Beth, why not drive down and help me? :)

Hey, Joanne, I was just looking at my calendar and have decided to definitely shorten my CLX rotation. It works out nicely for me to do two weeks of each phase right before we take a ski trip. Maybe the ski week will be my break before starting STS -- you'd think we'd have it by 2/23, but you never know!!:)

Kathy, have a good time with sis and niece!

-Beth

Ok, sleepies.... where are you?! :D How's your hand, Hottie?

I slept in this morning and did an hour of yoga -- for having done that, I sure don't feel very stretched out! I felt better yesterday after 20 minutes of Chalene's stretch. This is crazy. I'm ready to go back to bed, too.....

-Beth

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.