~*~JAN 09`~*~CHECK IN for THURSDAY, 1/22~*~

So I'm not sure what I'm going to do today. I really feel tired , and ready for a break, but I also want to finish up FF's JANUARY Rotation (just 3 more days!). On the schedule is IMAX3 or 60 Mins of cardio. I'm toying with the idea of something from HCE or maybe doing something from CTX, which I've not even opened since I got it! Maybe I could do some CTX and another cardio with it. ...

But I'm tired, damnit!

My big exciting other plans for today is to go buy a nice new Teapot. I got one about a year ago, and picked the cheapest (they are SO expensive!), and I'm always burning my hand on it, and it's, well, CHEAP! So I'm going to go splurge on a Teapot!! And oddly enough, I'm excited! :eek:

Chris, you're probably done by the time you read this, but.... I know you'll feel energized no matter what you do, but to me it sounds like you need a turbo jam day.

Good morning, all! Vilma! Yooo-hooo! How are you, dear? I did CLX burn intervals this morning, and because I woke up extra early, had time for recharge after it -- a nice stretch! My left bootie is killing me these days!

Have fun with the tea pot shopping, Chris!

Joanne, how are the parents?

hi hottie! Hi Kathy!

-Beth

P.S. Chris, I'm with you on the Obamas -- it's fun to have the youthfulness, not to mention the hope they bring. My mom is a republican, and leading up toward the inauguration she was telling me she was glad it was Obama and not McCain. The night before it, she put her finger on why -- she said she really felt that Obama is uniting the nation, which we really need, and McCain never would have. The democrats just never would have gotten behind him. As bad as things are for our country right now, it is really nice to feel a sense of hope and patriotism.

-Beth

Ahhhhhhhhh! Finished! I ended up doing CTX Step Interval followed by Intervals 1-3 of IMAX, the original (wanted to do IMAX2, but I couldn't find my DVD fast enough!). So I ended up with 6 intervals. I liked CTX! Easy enough to follow, but different enough. I'm going to try to get in a Yoga or Stretchmax later this afternoon too...

Hi Beth!: TJ would have been good too, I think I needed something to spark my interest, something new, to get me to WANT to work out this morning. So CTX worked well. Thankfully it wasn't hard to follow, because that would have sent me packing! ;) CLX Burn Intervals, are they Plyo intervals? Sounds like a good one. I like TJ's Fat blaster, which is 30 minutes of interval kickbox stuff. YAY for the stretch! My right hamstring has been bugging me for the last week. I'm leary of doing PS: Legs tomorrow... but maybe I can just lighten up on my right side. ... That's great about your Republican mom!! it is true, I think Obama can unite the country. There's so much more that people can relate to with him, than a "rich" Republican. I know there are diehard Republicans that continue to think we're doomed though. To me, we've already tried it the Republican way... didn't work! Plus , Obama and his family are just too damn like-able, don't you think?

Gotta get moving, get some laundry changed over, have a snack and get my butt to the teapot (or should I say tea KETTLE) store! ....

BBL!!

Hi ladies! Yes, I miss our Vilma, too! Has anyone tried to PM her? I may do that.

I think the Obama's just give the country a really good feeling. Kind of like we're all in this together. With McCain, it would have been same old, same old. And that's not working!! His daughters are just adorable!

Chris, oooh, you reminded me of the CTX cardios. Those would be good substitutes for the CLX (all these acronyms!) cardio. It's fun to do new stuff. Especially if you're not too motivated to do it! You're good - everytime you've posted that you're not sure if you're going to do your workout - you come back and say you've done it! Maybe you should take a few rest days once FF's rotation is done. Have fun picking out a new teapot!! I get excited over little stuff like that, too.

Beth, good to get a stretch in! Do you like the cardio in CLX? I do, but I see myself substituting soon. Today I did the Interval workout from the extra DVD - can't remember the name! It was pretty similar to Burn Intervals. I also did the "I've Got Abs" from the same DVD.

Thanks for the Zicam recommendation. I think it's working!! My cold hasn't progressed at all and my throat is a bit less sore.

DH is picking up my dad right now from the nursing home. I pray things go well with this whole thing. I was over at my mom's last night and she seems a bit more at ease with things. She met the caretaker and really likes her - hopefully that will work out. One day at a time, right? I'm at work, but am leaving early. I have a feeling DH will be there most of the day.

Hi Hottie and Kathy! Ivy, Iris, if you're around, stop in!:)

BBL....

Joanne

Hey Chris, I wondered if you meant kettle, not pot. I have one that I bought purely for the whistle -- it's harmonic and just doesn't sound so shrill, but it has a metal handle -- how stupid is that?! We just put a handle cover over it. Ironically, though, even though I like the whistle, we always leave it open because hubby just doesn't like any whistle.

Burn intervals is alternating intense cardio drills (a bunch of plyo moves) with light weighted work (bicep curls, tricep ext., overhead press, squats, etc.). I like it, but yes, Joanne, I think I'll be looking to sub in soon. I'm getting kind of tired of it and was not all that fond of burn it off anyway.

Glad to hear the zicam worked! I was wondering about your throat as I was driving in, because the news guy on the radio had an audible cold.

-Beth

Hey guys, I've had a stressful last couple days. This morning I *finally* got LIC in and felt great (though the 8 inches was more challenging than I think it should have been). I went to the Muscle conditioning class yesterday and did a weird "premix" of GS: C&T. I did the drop pushups with DH, felt like crap so I took a quick shower, felt re-energized, and did the whole tricep part of the workout with him since by the time I had dried up and put on my night shirt, DH was ending the chest section. And the day before that Imax2 to take myself out of my glum mood (which is did, though only temporarily). Btw, tar smells NASTY and its is totally aggravating to pull out of carpet.

Chris -- good for you for getting a workout despite you being tired! I have an electric kettle and it rocks. Boils up water so fast, my husband can't break it, easy to clean, and I get everything done faster (tea, soup, etc). DH wants me to back off of Imax3 until a doctor looks at my feet again since I keep on complaining about how much it hurts. I think I may try one more time on the weekend after a light elliptical run since I think part of the pain is due to a blood circulation issue (but I agree with him its very high impact and my feet are very flat with poor support).

Beth -- its so funny you guys were talking about Republicans with hope versus those who think we're doomed because I just had an argument with a die hard Republican (she's apparently on the top 50 for female conservative blogs if that means anything) and it was really weird. She kept on saying Obama sounded "republican" in the speech and when I asked her to clarify she was referring to personal responsibility and protecting America. I then sat there dumbfounded saying, I didn't realize since I'm on the left that I didn't believe in these values, how foolish of me. That sort of shut her up a bit, but it made me realize that those little things have to unite us. By taking out the partisan stuff, particularly who's more patriotic than another, and making it about American instead, we're just doing better there. That said, we're in an abysmal economic thing so I'm still harboring a lot of fear of what is to come. Enough political talk -- I'm assuming the burn intervals are cardio. Are you taking off time from weights to recover? I think we're flip flopping then as I'm beginning to pack on a lot more weights and ease up the cardio.

Joanne -- that's so promising about your mom and your father. I don't know what my family would do in a similar situation...my parents view a lot of people like "outsiders" and don't like them to be part of their family issues...which is weird if you think about because the financial "class" if you will that my parents come from in India is pretty high and every relative I have there has at least one servant if not multiple and they often take care of the more elderly anyway. I think its probably hard at first to deal with the concept but then when the person who's coming isn't insane, its easier to accept. I hope that cold gets nipped in the bud too!

Hmm...its actually going to be a busier day than planned. My boss/lab is submitting another grant and they *always* wait until the last minute to give me the text to proofread it. Who writes it determines who long it takes me edit the whole thing but the fact remains that I'm the only person with English as a first language. I hope I don't munch too much while I edit...

Awww you guys sure are wonderful!
3.gif

Thanks for thinking of me.

I just finished my last round of antibiotics this morning and feeling much, much better but physically weak.:(

All I wanted to do is just sleep and rest as my body is/was so tired and achy.

I have not done any type of exercise since last week and I am feeling so sluggish. I think I'll start off slowly and see how I progress. My head/sinuses still feel a bit off but since I'm done w/ my antibiotics I'll just take some Tylenol for the slight discomfort I'm feeling.

Thankfully the kids had been out of school for the Holiday then teacher workdays and we had snow! So I didn't need to go out at all and just stood home wrapped up in my blankets watching some Disney movies and drinking tons and tons of hot yummy tea. The meds I've been on have kept me quite dizzy/drowsy and sick to my tummy. But I've been eating tons of eggs to keep my protein intake up :confused:

Since I've not been active this past week I have been keeping an eye on my calorie intake. I just hope once I get back up to par physically I won't lose my stamina as far as my workouts.

Chris I get my loose tea leaves from Adagio.com they have a nice electric kettle that heats up the water for light and dark teas.. I told dh I would like that instead of doing the microwave and candy thermometer thing.
Perhaps you should look into it.

Beth so how are you liking CLX? I think that will be my next major purchase and hopefully my last for this year.

Joanne thanks for your pm
smiley-hug002.gif

Glad your mom and dad are doing ok. I pray things go along well for them and you :)

Hottie
why do you have tar on your carpet? I guess I've really been out of the loop:eek:

Sorry for my short post and for not being online this past few days I just was not feeling up to par.

Ugh phone ringing gotta go.

Hugs to all.:)

Hi ladies..

Popping it to say hello..Checking in with cardio kicks and abs hits #6..

Vilma: Glad you are feeling better!!

Hey Vilma! I think you should not worry about missed workouts -- just take it easy for a bit and ease back into it slowly, as you say. You were really sick and your body needs some recovery!!

Ok, just a little politics.... I think the left and right are closer than either one of them thinks. In my younger days I really wanted to start up "the common sense party".

Hottie, the burn intervals is a combo of cardio and weight intervals, and I'm still doing CLX, so still keeping with the weights. Vilma, I'm really liking it, but you probably missed Joanne and I both saying that we are so sore and tired. I'm feeling a bit better today (surprising, since I didn't get as much sleep!). I decided not to use the weighted vest this week and I think that has helped. I'm going to start the second phase (Push) next week and I cannot wait!

-Beth

Hey Girls!

It's good see you Hottie AND Vilma!!!

Joanne: The CTX cardios seem fun. I'm a little leary of the 10-10-10.. it has Hi/Lo in it....:confused: But I'll try it eventually. So the first 2 weeks of CLX (yes, there abbreviatons are crazy!), are the same , what , 2 or 3 workouts? It sounds like you and Beth are tired of them already!? I know, I seem to always do my workout , even when I don't feel it. I talk myself into it thinking it's ONLY for 1 HR or less, and I can always stop if I want to. But of course, i don't! And I always think I'll feel so guilty if I miss one too! I'm weird! ... Good to hear Zicam is working! And I'm hoping things are going well with your parents tonight...

Beth: thanks for explaining Burn Intervals! I spent WAY too much on my tea kettle. I came home and found it for MUCH less on amazon. I kicked myself! But I had already washed it ... so I'm stuck with it! :p

Hottie
: Sounds like you've been getting good workouts in in spite of the stress. What's stressing you out? Work and the roof thing? I kind of wish I got an electric tea kettle now. LOL! Interesting about Politics! Thanks for sharing that, i'd never thought of it, but now that you say it!.. I can see it!

Vilma: It's so good to hear from you , as I said! It sounds like you got KICKED by this infection! you are right in taking the week off and taking it easy. (sounds like you didn';t have much of a choice either way!). .. I'm not quite into tea as you are. Maybe some day! I use flavored bags. I bet I'd LOVE your tea , it must taste so much better to use leaves.

Off to get things ready for school, etc!

Have a good evening everyone!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.