~*~ Weight Watchers Wed~*~*

gidget1978

Cathlete
Hey Girlies:)

I got a little sleep in action today:) NOt much now...just 30 mins but we weren't up before 7 and thats a good thing. I didn't get a workout in yesterday, just two walks.
Funny story....DH came home yesterday with another HRM for me. When he brought home 3 for me to pick from last week, none of them had the price on them and I had to choose one. I thought I had picked the most expensive cause it hooked into the MP3 player and so on. Turns out I choose the cheapest so he brought home the one that he had orginally ordered in for me. I went for a walk last night with a friend and I gave her my old HRM to try and I used the new one. She is 5'6" and 140 lbs (just had a baby) while I am 5'4" and 127 lbs (give or take;) on any given day! LOL) Well! When I got home we looked and I only burned 125 cals during that hour long walk:eek: while she burned a whopping 335 cals:eek: x( I was soooooooooo ticked! But then we compared heart rates. Hers was at 118 most of the time, while mine was only at 93. I guess b/c I am in shape my body doesn't work nearly as hard to workout like hers does. Anyway, I was hoping that b/c it was a better HRM it was going to tell me something I wanted to hear, when they both told me about the same thing! LOL This one is more comfortable though, its a watch style:)

My eating was awful yesterday! I had timbits for breakfast, (the holes of a dounut) pizza for lunch, picked in between and meatloaf for dinnerx( Today is a new day though and for the next week I am going to eat 20 points a day and see what happens! I know I am putting on some of the weight I lost last week and its hard to keep it off when you really don't know how you took it off.

BM2 for me today and I am hoping DS nap won't be to far from the future...but only one can tell.How many cals will I burn today, I wonder? Im guessing 500! Any guessers?

BBL
Lori:)

The cold air got me up out of bed this morning. I slept under only a sheet and woke up freezing! I had to get up and go around closing windows. I'm happy to not be hot, though. The problem with this time of year is how much warmer it will be later today--I've got to wear clothes that will go from this temperature up to a high of 77. Layers, I guess. I just checked the weather and it says it's currently 62, so I don't know why I'm so cold.

Anywho, just trying to get going this morning. My lower body workout on Monday had me so sore yesterday. Yesterday I did GS Chest and Triceps. Now I'm sore all over. I'm going to attempt another lower body workout today, but boy am I sore!

Lori, have fun with BM2 (and the new HRM). I love that workout!

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=teal font size=+1]***Lainie***

http://web.mac.com/lainiefig/iWeb/Site/Exercise/Exercise.html

"The worst loneliness is to not be comfortable with yourself." -- Mark Twain[/font]

Morning Girls:)

Its 6:30 here Im Iam late to getting up! I've got two workouts planned today the am one is coremax(what I can do of it;-)) and the pm workout is a hour walk/jog,i may go hour and a half!

Lori-When I do BM2 i sweat buckets-Im thinking your going to burn alot of cals. So if your friend at 5'6,140 burned that many cals for walking an hour-I wonder what a women that is 5'3 at 186 will burn? Your making me want a HRM,I know how Iam though if I get one I'll be obssesed with the darn thing and won't be able to put it down! Im already a little OCD as it is,LOL;-)!

Lainie-Sorry you woke up cold-Lately I've been waking up hot! Enjoy the DOMS! I also did a Lb resently and the DOMS hasn't set in yet!

ok,so the oral presentation went well last night,I was the last one to present:+ The teacher is a sneaky man...he had us believing that we were going to read from our report,so I had highlighted what I was going to say.But,infact he changed his mind before the presentation and gave us five minutes to "talk about what we wrote about"x( x( x( alot of people were stumbling over there words(including me)

Can you tell my coffee has kicked inn;-) Hey to the gang! bbiab

Good Morning Ladies!!!

Lori, I have bad eating days too...they suck! I always feel better when I eat healthy all day. But, at least you walked so maybe you between the eating and walking, you cancelled everything out ;) My sister is a runner like you and she pretty much eats what she wants and stays tiny!

Lainie, I was cold too! I turned my heat on this morning, but it is not feeling too warm. I think I have to get my furnace checked out before we really start needing the heat. Yesterday, I sent ds to school in shorts and tshirt and by 11, it was chilly! I was a little worried about him being cold at recess, but he is so active he was probably sweating! Today, I am going to have him wear jeans, tshirt, and jacket since it is chilly out now, but will be 77 degrees later. This time of year is crazy...heat on in the morning, a/c in the afternoon. Oh well, I am anxious to put their new fall clothes on them. I got my kids a ton of stuff from PLC....anybody shop there for their kids? I love that store!!! Cute, Cute stuff!!

Yesterday evening, ds had football practice at the high school so another mom and I walked around the track. It was fun, but I am not sure how far we walked since we were sooooo busy talking! We walked for about 1hr so I would guess about 3.5-4 miles. I missed my w/o this morning so I think I will do a little circuit w/o with my kids later that will include jump rope, walking lunges, and some upper body. They love to exercise! My 2nd ds loves to run so we might run up and down our hill a few times. Then later after 1st ds gets home from school we are going to my in-laws to clean their house. They have been gone all summer on vacation and will be back on Friday. They always bring back cool toys and clothes for the kids so I told the kids we should surprise them with a clean house. I am sure I will be doing most of the cleaning, but they can run a vacuum and pick up toys.

Better go get ds ready for school. I will be back later if I have some extra time!!

Sara

Ugh....not a good morning thus farx( :-( DD decided to answer back earlier, which resulted in me swearing and taking her computer away for a month. I think I just let things build up and then when I lose it look out! I don't normally swear but as I was telling her off she kept saying " yeah, um, right" Being really bratty and I just snapped. I said " you just lost the f'in computer for a month" Then I deactivated her Facebook account.
Then while she was eating her breakfast she said, the dogs door is open. When I look, the basement door is open. I went to close it, knowing full well Charlie was going to be gone. Sure enough, one of DH's friends just moved home and was sleeping on the couch last night, took the dogs outside while he had a smoke and the black dog ran away . I keep telling them they have to put him in the kennel, even though you are outside with him, its dark out and he is black, therefore YOU CAN'T SEE HIM! So now, DD knows her dog as been gone for the last 8 hours and she goes to school crying.Or perhaps she is crying b/c she lost her computer...who knows? With kids these days, its problem b/c of the computer.
I could just scream!

Anyway.....

Laine, you asked yesterday where I live. We don't live close at all:) You live in NY, while I live in Newfoundland Canada. Although if I were to go to Toronto it wouldn't be to hard to get to your nexk of the woods!

Sarab, good job on the workout and chat yesterday. You did the same thing I did. I can pretty much run and eat whetever I want as well. I just maintain. But if I want to lose I have to tighten my eating up a bit.

Amelia, I sweat buckets to when I do BM2 but I also sweat tons when I run...and still only burn 450 cals. A HRM would drive you nuts! LOL Im not going to wear it all the time, I just wear it for workouts I am curious about...and I am definitly curious about BM2:)

I have BM2 done and I am happy to say that I burned 634 cals:) I think I like this HRM better then the other one. The only thing about this one is I didn't have to put in gender. And when you think about it, it kind of makes sense. Whats the difference what sex you are when its counting heartbeats? Prehaps thats why the other one was giving me a lower reading? And who knows, maybe its just the workout. I am looking forward to trying this HRM when I run.

I still can't beleive how much DD pissed me off earlier..oh and its 90 mins since my last post, still no dog:-( Unless DH knows something and he still hasn't called b/c its bad news. DH got upset with his friend today to b/c he had told him the other day about letting the Charlie out.
Anyway...DD had her facebook acct left open. To those of you who don't know what it is, its kind of like Myspace. The whole reason why she got in trouble in the first place was b/c she said she had written my neice and made fun of her new profile pic and that my neice got really upset. DD was playing the innocent role... of course, she always does.And said that she only said "you changed your profile pic again" and then my neice flew off the handle..which she is quit capable of doing as well cause she is just like her mother. So..after I got upset with DD, she left the computer as is and walked away. Later I noticed the page was still up so being the noisy mother that I am, I read what she actually wrote to my neice and it wasn't very nice. This is kind of how it went:

DD "so I see you changed your profile pic again"
N " yeah, I did, I guess your making fun of it again"
DD " yeah, I am hahaha"
N " you know what, I have had enough! You are always making fun of me and I am tired of it"
DD " Yeah I am making fun of you. But thats o.k. You can get mad cause I know you will come crawling back. Why don't you smile in some of your pics?"
N " No, I won't come crawling back to you. Im sick of this"

Now! I don't think this was very nice of DD AT ALL! Why is she so mean? DH says that she is just like all the girls he grew up with in this town. They are mean and snobby.We aren't mean people and we always reinforce that she should treat people that way she wants to be treated. I just don't get it! The thing that made me most made was the come crawling back comment! What does she think she is? The best thing since sliced bread! Give me a break.

Anyway..should hit the shower and take a quick glance at the door to see if my dogs back.

Aaack, Lori, sounds like a terrible start to your day!!!
I guess the silver lining is that you took out your stress on BM2, and what a good workout to do that on. Great job. Also a good way to wipe out the non-clean eating from yesterday.

Today's another day. But I sure hope you find your dog and that you and DD are on a better track by tonight. It happens. I'm sending you hugs today.

I tried a lymphatic drainage body wrap treatment last night. Loved it! I feel much tighter today - but pretty drained (as in tired) and am just working through a lower-key 60 minute workout to keep the sweat flowing today.

Have a great Wed., everyone -
BBL -
Cheryl

Lori-sorry about your day so far...is your DD's friends mean? Maybe she is just picking up bad habits from them. Its a "temper tantrum" kind of day here in GA! My two year old woke up on the wrong side of the bed!x( I hope your doggy comes back and a high fives on your bm2 cals burned!!!

Cheryl-Lymphatic drainage wrap? What in the world is that?Im guessig is helps to relieve the lymphphatic glands. I like the "wrap" part;-)! anyhoot,great job on your workout!

hey to everybody else,Im done with my workout-i ended up doing KPC(cardio only)and did twenty minutes of coremax.

OK,MY DH is going to kill me, but i just ordered IMAX2 AND CARDIO&WEIGHTS......Yaaaaahoooooo:7 :7 Im so excited! Can't wait to get it!

I couldn't resist any longer:p DID I MENTION THAT I AM SO Excited?;-). And you guys will be proud of me because I ordered from this site instead of ebay:7 :7 bbiab

it was getting time for a new cathe workout,you guys know what I mean;-)Im sure my DH won't,LOL

Still no dog. Its been almost 24 hours now. Im starting to get more concerned now that it is getting dark. DH thinks he is in someones house! LOL We really can't do anymore then we already have. We called the animal shelter and they were going to call us if anyone brought him in and we also called the RCMP and they were going to call us if they seen him or if he was road kill:-( But no one as seen him all day! Very weird!
Anyway, I have been on the go all day and I thought I would just check in. DS is already gone to bed and I think I will take the other dog for a walk in a bit, prehaps we will stumble upon Charlie.

Hi girls,

I am flying to Germany Monday! Do you think starting the September'07 rotation today is a good idea? I can't bring a barbell with me and my suitcase can only weigh 50 lb. ea.( I can bring 2 suitecasees!) I plan on bringing my high step and 5#, 8# dumbells, my stability ball and my dyna band! I do need one suitecase with cloth!! I know I am grazy!}( I am thinking switching some of the workouts around! I mean I will knock out HSTA, HSC (week one) Week two BC, BM2 a.s.o. Help I am going grazy!

Thanks
Belinda

Hi, everyone!

I am going to do my best to jump in a little bit here…

Lori ~ sorry about the bad day you’re having. I hope you find Charlie.

Lainie ~ I have been doing layers, too. I’m in a new classroom this year and apparently there is no temperature control. It’s been freezing in there! I have to step into the hallway to get warm.

Amelia ~ congrats on your new purchase. Imax2 is one that I wound up selling on eBay. I know, I’m a weirdo around here for saying that, but the choreo was just too much for me. I rarely do step.

Sara ~ I don’t have any children, but what is PLC? What a nice thing to do to clean your ILs house.

Belinda ~ Personally, I would probably not start a rotation during the week of a transatlantic move. I would do what you can when you can for a week or so with no real pressure on yourself…Your post made me smile b/c of something my Opa used to say (I think I told you this when I met you briefly on the RT). It was the only English he knew: “American girls grazy.”...UGH - the weight limit!Last time I flew overseas, I was just a couple of lbs. over the 50 lb. per bag limit and they charged me $100!!!

Cheryl ~ The lymphatic drainage wrap sounds interesting. When I get hot stone massages, I feel like rubber afterward and usually wind up napping. Great that you were able to w/out.

Well, just to give you a little background about me…besides that I’m a teacher and I run :)…What has brought me to WW is that I am 5’4, a size 6/8, and while I know the number on the scale is not always the best indicator of fitness, it is too high for my tastes. I lost 30 lbs. from Jan. 06 until about February ’07, but since then, I have been in limbo. Losing inches gradually but not seeing a difference on the scale. Working out is not so much an issue, but eating consistently healthy is a challenge. I enjoy food. I still have fat to lose and would guess I could stand to lose at least 15-20 more lbs. I did WW once before in the late 90s and it worked, but after some major life changes in ‘01, I ultimately fell off the good habits wagon and wound up gaining it back plus some. This is my 4th day on the program. So far so good. I usually work out 6 days a week. Besides running, I love kickboxing, yoga, lifting with Cathe, and (less often) Tony from P90X.

[font face="heather" font color=brick red size=+2]~Cathy [/font face] http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/4.gif
"Out on the roads there is fitness and self-discovery and the persons we were destined to be." -George Sheehan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.