~*~ Cheetah-licious Wednesday ~*~

meatlessinca

Cathlete
Happy Wednesday!

I know, my schedule is wacky for most ya’ll but it really is Wednesday (even PST) now, even though I still need to go to bed. It’s a lil past midnight-thirty and I just finished my homework and thought I’d check out the goings on here today and maybe sneak in a quick post….don’t worry, I’ll still get about 7 hours sleep before workout/and work… Hey, what’s all this Gym Boss talk now? WTheck is it? Me keeps thinking it sounds like something related to the Mob or something…do you think they have a link to a site? LOL

Gloria – DH and I go to Maui for 5 days in September – 13th – 17th and while there, I’m going to run the Maui half marathon on Sept. 14. Yay. Uh, ya, you could say there are moments of silliness on my job…lol. Luckily for me, the group I’m around nowadays are “funner” than the previous… Hey, everyone’s gotta get through the day, eh? Hope your cold is better…and by the way, I’m the main supplier of the Clorox thingeys at work…

Cathy – Hey, way ta go suffering through the dreadmill and then the EXT…Betcha you’re glad you didn’t bag the run altogether, huh? Yah, I must agree re: fruit restrictions…not gonna do it; wouldn’t be prudent…lol

Yes, her Royal Poshness has crowned thee the Sunnyizer…hey, ya, sorta like the *energizer bunny* ! LOL

Kath- ya, my son is faster than me BUT I can still out run all of em’ (my kids) in the distance….lol..

Judy – I’m with you on saving $$ for the squat rack and pull-up bar…lol. Like as if I can DO a pull-up! LOL I can barely do a REAL push-up! I’m still doing Push ups for wimps…Congrats to your DD!!

Wendy lou – sorry about the Marine Corps marathon. I say look in a neighboring state…it’s fun to do one out of town anyway!

Shelly – Awe, poor kitties…I tried to stuff our cat in a box once to get her to the vet for a rabies shot but I only made it a mile down the road…thought the cat was possessed by Linda Blair or something as she was flipping out and shrieking and managed to pop her head through the cat carrier box while I was driving..sheesh…The solution from then on has been when the vet that comes out to give the horse shots also gives the cat her rabies and booster…

Christine – LOL oh ya, I’d have to charge admission for ppl to watch me attempt a “decline push-up” I’m so sure…ewe and the “Stability ball jackknife” would surely earn me a spot on the bloopers tv show! Thanks for the breakdown, but I’d better stick to fundamental Cathe torture for now…Hope your DH is doing ok…

Carole – Yes! I’m looking forward to the 5K too! I booked a room for Sat night in Sacto so I’ll PM you the details and my cell number when I get a round tuit…I know there’s one here somewhere! Do you do your interval run outside? by the way, our run was a bit humid today and I loved it! I know you hate it but for some reason I can run better with some humidity. GOOD job on the 5 pound loss AND keeping it off!

Jackie – Glad you got moved all moved in! Hope the frost stays away from your plants..my dh ruined a few of his beefsteak tomatoes by planting too early last month…I told him to wait…oh well…he replaced them this weekend.

Dallas! There you are! Hopefully it will settle for you a bit after crazy soccer season. I know sports seasons can run us ragged. I’m still waiting for the Football coach to give DS his summer practice/conditioning schedule because I just KNOW I’m gonna have to tweak my work out schedule around it and my job…

Ok, that took forever, so I better get this posted before an East Coast cheetah gets up and is looking for a Wednesday thread…

Have a great day ya’ll!

POSH :7

Good morning, Posh, and all who follow-- :7

Posh -- I actually snorted reading about your cat pulling a Linda Blair. Too funny, lady. I can't wait to meet you in Chicago! :) Here is the link for the Gym Boss: http://gymboss.com/ Yeah, I didn't realize WSFL advocated low-carb when I bought it. I'm not a fan of that. However, I do think I should strive for lowER carbs and am not sorry at all I went for it. The workouts look good.

Kath -- Wow, DD has taken a long time to recover from the wisdom teeth extraction. I thought I recovered fairly quickly, but then a friend of mine shared a story to top them all. He had his wife take him to the McDonald's drive-thru on the way home from the doctor's office.. He ordered himself a couple of Big Macs and fries, spit out the gauze, and chowed down on all of it. *lol*...I feel the same way you do about carbs. That is a steal for a haircut. I pay $50. No, I'm not kidding. I have gone to Hair Cuttery-type places and just could not get a consistently good cut, so once I found my current stylist, I justified the cost that way. With one or two exceptions, I have always been pleased with the cut. But I try to spread it out and go every 8 weeks to save a greenback or two.

Judy -- I'm more of a believer in the kind of balance you're striving for. Back when I first started running, 40/30/30 was advocated all the time. It just makes sense to me. Great job with the eating. The pasta with feta cheese sounds tasty. Crackin' up at the golf comments. Congratulations to DD on her Honor Society induction.

Wendy -- Well, I think it's hard for anyone to look good in a race, esp. at the finish line. But I'm telling you, as I told Posh, I could show you worse! My face gets BEET red...Oh yeah, I am definitely out for the Sheehan Classic. The beef & beer is Friday night and then we'll be celebrating my mom's b'day on Saturday...Re: your mary, anything can happen with weather anytime of year--look at the heat fiasco in Chicago last October. I would pick the race/course that appeals to you. What are the crowds like for the OD Marathon? Also, if you went with MCM, I'll bet you could find some charities that require only a few hundred dollars to be raised. That wouldn't be too hard.

Shelly -- *lol* about being a weather weenie. Yeah, I'm with you on that. Now I only run in the rain if it's warm.

Christine -- thank you for the link. That is the site I found through google. For some reason, I thought there was a different one, with forums and such. Sorry you were selected. I hate jury duty. I have been on the panel before, and then I get dismissed because I worked for an elected official. Save me the time and don't call me in, period.

Carole -- Yeah, I understand--if you pay $77 for a program, you don't want to HAVE to do all that tweaking to make it work. I can't see cutting out or even cutting BACK on fruit, to tell you the truth. Especially not with summer coming. I probably SHOULD have read more closely before letting the trigger finger go (I'm thinkin' maybe AB woulda been a better choice, but then Wendy was saying it's not as conducive to distance running...), but anyway, that's OK. I do think it will be worthwhile, even in a modified form. Big ups on losing and keeping off that 5!

Jackie -- hope things fall into place for you with the rental soon. That's awesome that you are still keeping up with workouts at all throughout all the hubbub of moving.

Dallas -- yes, I met my deadline last week and am in a good place again. The feet feel good again, too. 4DS B&B is a back and biceps premix.

Gloria -- I had to laugh when you said you ate ONE cookie and ONE chocolate-covered pretzel. That's livin' on the straight n' narrow, if you ask me. :7 I don't like doing yoga when I have a cold. The inverted positions do not agree with my sinus issues. Hope you feel well-rested today. But I'm sure your friend's son would understand if you don't feel well.

We're expecting more "PM showers" today, so an outdoor run isn't likely. Therefore, it'll most likely be the EXT for me this evening.

Have a happy hump day!

ETA: Sunny & Christine -- do you think TT would fit better with marathon training or no? (BTW, you see what's happening here, don't you? I have a feeling I'm going to own them all by the time we're done here. :7)

[font face="bradley hand itc" size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_SnowBunny_tns.jpg
http://img16.glitterfy.com/53/glitterfy084824T933D37.gif

"Do you want to feel my spatula?" Run, Fat Boy, Run

Happy Hump Day girls :)

Posh: Great you can out run your son. When I was on vacation in the spring, DD and I would run, couple times I passed her. I know my speed and endurance is there, and it made me proud. At 5:30a.m. I so knew I wouldn't be keeping up with her---- :) That's a cool picture of you that you posted the other day. I should add one to my avatar sometime. Always nice to put a face to a name :) I'm with ya on not limiting fruit--kinda crazy.

Cathy: I hear ya about willing to pay for someone you like. I have been going to this girl like every 12 weeks over the last 6months for trims. If they do a good job--might as well pay them. Hope the rain holds off for ya today. Seems like our days lately have been cloudy and threatening rain but then the sun comes out..go figure.

Christine: Hope your jury duty doesn't last too long

Carole: So cool on the weight loss.

Judy: Congrats on DD's induction. You must be proud. We have an award dinner on Thursday. They feed us at this one. It's an award night for kids who have maintained a 93 or above all year. This is DD's fourth time to be awarded at it--she will receive a plaque. She was also asked to announce the four time winners. An honor given to a senior selected by the teachers. Her english teacher emailed me yesterday and said she submitted her senior paper to a scholarship committee and was told she won something. We need to copy her paper so the teacher can have a copy (she gave her copy to the committee) so that's kinda cool news. Do you belong to a golf league or do you just go out with some girlfriends?

Today is a HIIT workout--nice and sweaty I say

}( I'm also working my biceps HARD :) I'm liking the looks of my arms lately *FLEX* FLEX* and I'll work core as well. I may tackle some garden work as well--we shall see what the weather does.

Off for a refill. BRB

Cathy: I try to go a bit longer between cuts as that I'm trying to get those layers to grow out that my old hair stylist put in my hair. I'm finally at a point where they are finally grown out and hair is getting healthy again. Thank you for the comments on DD :) Do you teach over the summer?

Hi Cheetahs

Cathy- have a good EXT session. You mentioned some fun plans` are they for this weekend or later?

Kath- right back at your DD for maintaining a 93+ average for four years! Tuesday is ladies day at our course, so I attempt to golf every Tuesday.

Eats yesterday was not quite on target, but I was very active. cal: 1951, c/p/f: 44.7/27.2/28.1. With 2 oz pasta and fruit and being vegetarian it can be a challenge to get 40/30/30. But this is fine.

today is NROL4W stage 2B including intervals

Hi to all who visit today.

[font color=lime green][font size +3]Judy "Likes2bfit"

http://www.picturetrail.com/jafitmama

Good Morning Girls.

I did not get up early enough to knock out today's work out early so it will have to wait until after work. I'll be doing the 2nd Afterburn weight work out. The exercises I have waiting for me are as follows:

Superset:
Deadlift 2-3 sets 20 reps per set
DB Military Press 2-3 sets 20 reps per set

Superset:
Bulgarian Split Squat 2-3 sets 20 reps per leg per set
DB Pullover 2-3 sets each, 20 reps per set

Superset:
Hip thigh extension 2-3 sets 20 reps per leg per set
Prone jacknife superset 2-3 sets 10 reps per leg per set

Prone Cobra 1 set 1 rep for a 60 sec hold.

So I nailed my cals and my ratios y'day and felt awesome only to get a call last night that we are invited to a suprise Birthday dinner for a friend to one of the worst possible restaraunts (or so I hear...I've never been there) on the planet eating healthy.....CRACKER BARREL!!! I don't want to go but it's a Birthday gig so I'll feel bad if I bail. This is gonna be interesting. LOL

I'll be back in a few or after work for personals.:)

Good mornin' ladies,

christine- sorry you were picked for jury duty:(

cathy- i definitely think TT is better for your mary training. you do 3 weight workouts a week (follwed by either HIIT or intervals) and the days he advocates light exercise or rest so you could do fit in your running on the "off" days.

wendy- cracker barrel:9 WTG, on nailing those cals yesterday. i did really good with my eats yesterday also.

shelly- awww, thanks. just trying to help anyone i can!'

carole- WTG on loosing those 5lbs!! high 5's...;o)

posh- lol, you were meant to be a comedian. "gymboss, something to do with the mob". i see cathy answered your question. it's really good for doing things like intervals, sprints and tabatas.

today's workout was HIIT on the TM, i am exhausted}( :7

I was just on the Cracker Barrel website and they have their menu posted. They actually have a low carb menu which is better then nothing, right? I think I will get catfish with salad/veggies as my side dishes.

I know I will get picked on for ordering that but hey, I gaurantee you that I will be, BY FAR, in the best shape of ANYONE that will be there tonight and making sacrafices is how I got there. I am d@mn proud of that so they can pick on me all they want!:p

Good morning cheetahs! The rain lasted all day yesterday so I never did get a run in:-( but the sun is out now so I'm headed out soon for a cool 5 mile run:7 :7 :7 Since Wendy posted her pic of our 5k yesterday I thought I'd share mine today. I actually like this pic which is rare for me but for once I actually noticed the photographer at the finish.
http://pic50.picturetrail.com/VOL488/4961079/17457015/318165408.jpg
Wendy- keep it up and that 6 pack will be yours soon!-- you'll be showing off your abs with those skimpy running outfits the elites wear! Your DH made a good point about
the weather in March, anything is possible. I guess you have to evaluate which is more important to you... doing your first Mary in NJ with 'iffy' weather or going to DC later.Personally I think DC would be alot more memorable--- think about running thru the beautiful countryside and then thru our nations capital! The registration is closed for 08...I thought you were targeting 09? You go and enjoy Cracker Barrel tonight, you've got a bod to be proud of!

Christine- You've gotten tough if you put ASC2 in the moderate category! Your description of the TT workout had my eyes popping. I may check it out once things get settled. Sorry you are dealing with jury duty today.... crossing my fingers you get excused quickly!

Carole- I do have an EXT---- sitting in storage in Harrisburg PA!! Won't be using it again until we buy a house (sigh) Are you using your new weight bench for the leg extensions and curls? It is hard to work the leg muscles really good with just free weights. Wow-- an interval run with hills???? No wonder you lost 5 lbs.... I'm surprised it wasn't more!

Kath- you were an RN? Good for you that it's long behind you!!! It is unbelievably stressful these days.... a big reason I run! Hope you have a great HIIT workout.

Jackie!!! Great to hear from you.... believe me I SO understand about never wanting to move again.... and it's only HALF over for me! I arrived here in NJ last week- staying at my in-laws summer house. Right now I'm busy trying to firm up a job in PA and we will likely be house shopping next week. Glad to hear you are finally all moved in.
It really does throw off the workout schedule!! I wasn't able to work out at all for a week!!!! (YIKES)

Judy- Wow--- you're kids are always getting honors, awards, etc! They must take after MOM!

Dallas- thanks for reminding me about updating my profile... I'm bad about that! There isn't a nice long sustained beach portion around me to run on but I don't really like running on the beach anyway (blasphemy!) Sounds like you got some hard earned booty DOMS alright... but it's a good pain right?

Gloria- hope you got in a good nights sleep for your run with your friends son.... that is so sweet of you! Hope that cold bug is history soon!

Thomasina- Wow, you're schedule is tiring! Bet you are counting down the days til Maui!

Cathy- It was an entire day of cold rain here yesterday.... DH thinks this is unusual but I wouldn't know... I'm enjoying it actually... such a change for me! The sun is shining now tho... so I'm heading outside.... whooohoooooo! Hopefully the rain will hold off until much later for you.

Sunny- meant everything I said about truly being an inspiration! Nice HIIT workout!

That about catches me up for now. Hi to all who follow! Later today I'll be doing 4DS LIS S&C

ShellyC

Shelly: OOPS! LOL I thought it was closed for 09 but how can that be when the 08 race hasn't even happened yet!? DUH! LOL I think I am leaning towards DC as well. I really like the sounds of the NJ race in March but DC DOES sound pretty awesome and it's at a better time of year. I think we've got a winner! :7 So now the question is...am I better off taking the ride home the same day as the race or the next day???

Good morning cheetahs

Posh...I do ALL my runs outside as I don't have a TM! I don't mind running in the humidity most of the time. I just hate doing other work outside when it is humid as I just sweat all over again! Thanks re my weight loss. I might get the Gymboss too...:)

Cathy...I think your choice for WS was a good one. I do believe anytime you work your body out differently will get you results. Tweaking the diet and counting all this stuff would be no fun at all for me. That's why I liked P90X so much as I used my own diet (vegetarian) and did not use theirs. Thanks re my weight loss.

Wendy....good job on yoga yesterday. Looks like a good AB workout for you today. Funny how it gets common when we get picked on for making the RIGHT eating choices!!

Judy...it was definitely nice to have the weather break yesterday...I got my stuff all planted!!

Kath...here we probably don't have to worry much about cold weather anytime soon! Most people have vegetable gardens planted. The salon I work in charger anywhere form $25-$35 for haircuts, and $80-$120 for highlights. I don't pay a thing for haircuts and highlights as I trade nails for hair with my hairdresser...:)

Sunny...good job with HIIT on the TM. Thanks re my weight loss.

Shelly...Great race pic!!! I thought you had an EXT. How soon will you be house hunting? Yes, I do use the new weight bench for exts and curls. Truth be told it took about a month to loose the 5 lbs...and I have more to go. Enjoy your 4DS workout.

Dallas...I am starting P90X next week. I won't go the whole 13 weeks though. Thanks for your thoughts on my friends Mom. Thanks to re my weight loss. I planted a geranium and some other plants. The hard work was preparing the soil. Way to go on the booty DOMS! I like APX but have never done a rotation with it. How did the game go last night?

Gloria...Hope the airborne helps your cold!! Thanks re my weight loss. Here is the recipe, quite easy. I do use not as much cheese and different cheeses most of the time:
CHILES RELLENO'S CASSEROLE

1 lg. can chili peppers
2 tbsp. flour
1 sm. can evaporated milk
8 eggs
2 lbs. Jack cheese (grated)

Remove seeds from peppers. Layer 1/2 of peppers in 13x9x2 pan. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon flour and layer 1/2 of cheese. Repeat. Beat eggs until light. Add milk and beat again. Pour over layers. Bake 350 degrees for 45 minutes.

Christine..sorry about Jury Duty, maybe you won't get picked!

I am doing leg exts and curls, APX shoulders, bi's and tri's and 40 min on my EXT.

Have a great day...:)

Carole – I eat 5 meals a day. I have a shake after I work out, then breakfast around ten, lunch around 1, a snack at 4, and dinner around 7:30. That works best for me. I don’t know if I could add another meal! :p Glad it’s cooling off for you! WAY TO GO on the 5 pound weight loss! That recipe sounds incredible and actually pretty easy – just not very healthy. :p

Wendy – I’m not good at following diets. I have to many surprise meals in my life. WW works better for that. :p The X’s eating plan is confusing. I finally put together a spread sheet and did an “exchange” idea – I had to eat so many units of protein, so many of carbs, etc. That was the only way I could do it. :p Interesting how Alwyn’s HIIT is so different from Craig’s. Craig says the high interval should be a 9 or 10 out of 10, and the low interval should be a 3 out of 10.

Judy – glad you enjoyed golf! You had me laughing with the hitting the ball straight comment! :+ The workout today isn’t as bad (well, doesn’t sound as bad on paper – we’ll see). It’s like the other, but it’s pistol squats, db chest press, db rows, one-legged lunges, and roll outs. I think I can do that. :p Congrats to DD – how was the ceremony?

Kath – Oh highlights are always fun! I’ve always wanted auburn hair. I have dirty blonde. That is fantastic for highlighting! Where I live it’s a minimum of $90 and more likely $120. If you want the newer high lights with the fancy colors, then it’s $150 +.

Dallas – Don’t you hate it when life gets in the way of the Cathe boards?! :p We understand. Enjoy the booty DOMS! :p I like that Spinervals, and I would like to go longer on it, but I don’t know about 3 hours! You should get a Spinervals just to try! They are fun. Nothing fancy, but they work you HARD!

Gloria – I’m not a fan of being sick either. It’s been a bad year for DH, too. For me it’s been okay. Glad the parents brought in the Clorox wipes!! That’s a good idea. Hope you’re feeling better soon!!

Thomasina – Just a general LMAO at your post. :+ Yes, the GymBoss is like a mob boss. It tells you how long you have to go and how long you get to rest. It’s a little evil device that helps with interval training or anything timed. So for HIIT or crossfit or those things, it’s invaluable. My decline pushups started with a really nice 5 count down, 1 up. By the third set it was more like 3 (kind of) and 1 up! Ya know – any “torture” is good torture!

Cathy – I agree with you on the program, but I also understand tweaking it to fit your needs. I was actually happy with TT that way. The only real event I have this summer is a 10k – which I can run without training, but will train anyway with DD to get her running it. But I do like to do an endurance workout once a week (2 hours of hiking, running or biking), and I think I can do that with TT (depends on how badly I hurt on Saturday from Friday!). I hope Jury Duty is quick and painless, but I doubt it will be! I agree with Sunny on TT. And you could take one of the HIIT days and use it for your speed work. So, it would work well.

Wendy – That does look a lot like a TT circuit! Have fun! Good job on nailing your cals and ratios yesterday! I go on line and figure out what I’m eating before I get to a restaurant, too. That way I’m not tempted by anything else. I don’t even have to open the menu. That sounds like a good pick! Definitely DC – unless it’s in the summer – then it’s sooo humid there. I love DC.

Sunny – The only good thing about jury duty is that it will allow me to sit on my tush which I’ll need after a TT workout! :p

Shelly – What a lovely smile! You look so happy! Well ASC2 with a six inch step and done without pushing is pretty moderate. I can make ASC2 advanced easily enough. I just took it easy. I’m so happy that I have combo 5 now! It’s fun! I like TT, I have to admit. Today’s is a bit easier – I outlined it for Judy. Enjoy your run today!

I go in for Jury Duty today at 10AM. Ick. Oh well. It’s not until 10AM. I slept in a little. :p I have Turbulence Training wo B on the agenda today plus some HIIT. I’m looking forward to it. DH is still sick. He’s coughing up a storm. It’s a dry hacking cough and it’s driving him nuts. I want him to go back to the doc’s today as he’s not getting any better. I probably won’t check in later, unless by some miracle they free me early. (I’m not counting on it). I ate spot on as well yesterday! I’m very happy. Have a great day all!

Hello Cheetah Gals!

Ahhh, finally a good night's sleep. I hate clock watching!x( So far I did APX-back, biceps and triceps. Since y-day run was less than stellar, I'm going to pick a iTrain w/o to do after I post. My lower body is finally getting back to normal. ;-)

Christine ~ Well, I crossed my fingers and toes for no jury duty, so I better not do it again for an early release. ;-) Hope your DH gets over that nasty cough. Did he go to the doc? You ladies have me interested in so many things....where do I start!??! lol :)

Carole ~ They KILLED us!!! DD and the rest of the team were sad, but "You win some and you lose some". She was fine once we got home. DD was excited she hit a double. :) Your recipe looks yummy! I haven't decided what I'm going to plant yet...better get moving on that.

Shelly ~ Yep, it was all good!! Glad it's going away now! Love that picture. You look great! :) Enjoy your 5 miles. I sure wish I could get outside to run. I thought about the gym option w/DS, but I have to get some stuff done around here.

Sunny ~ Nice workout! Thanks for answering Cathy's question. I was curious too. :)

Wendy ~ I don't let others get to me about my food choices either. I always think maybe I can inspire them to eat better??? You never know. Nice workout plan.

Judy ~ So, who is doing NROL4W with you? Do you find it easy getting your 4 days of running in as well?

Kath ~ Hope the weather holds out for your gardening.

Posh ~ Did you make it for the track workouts while training w/TNT? We have our first tonight, but there is no way I can make it. The coach just e-mailed me and said to just do a 40 minute easy pace. I was thinking more like a Grace workout. }( Yeah, there's always tweaking going on w/the workouts. I like to at least knock out part of my workout before getting the kids up for school. It's been getting harder and harder getting up early with these late nights. :(

Cathy ~ Glad things have calmed down for you! When is school out there? Will you give TT a try?

Gloria ~ Thanks for the continued thoughts for the family. :) IA with Cathy about the yoga with a cold. I try doing nose breathing and it just doesn't work with a cold. lol Hope you feel better soon.

Hi to anyone who follows!

Well, better get that cardio done. Then I HAVE to catch up on house work....blech!

Good morning Cheetahs!

Christine - I have a renter for my house already. I had several people ask about it and I didn't even put a sign out. A single mom with a 6 year old DD from church is the lucky person. Hope jury duty isn't too much torture today. A good workout will help you forget about it. Enjoy! Hope DH feels better.

Carole - I'm pretty settled in the new house. I still have a few boxes that need unpacking but I can take my time doing that. I also need to organize my closet. Got the bathrooms all cleaned and everything dusted. I need to go out and buy small things like rugs, wastebaskets, etc. The hip has been a little achy but it's probably from going up those stairs umpteen times putting stuff away. Good job on the interval run. Enjoy your workout today!

Judy - Glad you enjoyed your day of golfing. Nice workout yesterday. Congratulations to DD!

Wendy - Glad you're getting your yoga groove back. Great job getting those ratios! I usually go for the fish when I go to a Cracker Barrel. Not much of a choice there. Thinking about ordering P90X+ within the next couple of days. Will let you know.

Kath - Good luck with getting highlights! Enjoy your workout! Glad you're happy with the way your arms are looking.

Dallas - Yay for the bootay DOMS!! Good luck with working those stairs in. So sorry about your friend's DS. It's good she's staying strong. Will continue to keep them in prayer. Glad you got a good night's sleep.

Gloria - Sorry you're not feeling better. Were you able to run this morning. Sending healing vibes ))))))) your way.

Posh - A trip to Hawaii sounds divine! Loved it long ago. Laughing at your kitty going to the vet. Glad you came up with a solution. The temp reached 80 yesterday and will probably be the same today. My plants will now probably need plenty of watering.

Cathy - I think taking a break for some workouts helped to keep my sanity. There is just too much enabling that goes on in this thread. :) Maybe those showers will hold off and you can get a run in.

Sunny - Great job on the workout!

Shelly - Hope you get a good run in today. Great pic! Nice smile! I so feel your pain on your move being half over. I don't see how people do this several times a year. Hope you find that perfect house. Any prospects yet?

Today's workout was PUB/PLB combo and some of the core work. I'm finally closing on my new house today. I'm already moved in and glad to have that part out of the way. Now, I want to get the closing out of the way.

Enjoy your day!

Jackie

Hey Cheetahs-

Carole- yey! for getting your plantings done! I haven't even bought my annuals yet. WE have a bed that I did a cr@ppy job on last year so we need to start over again. I am thinking a long blooming variety of lilies. We also have a small hill side in back that might look nice with more lilies on it.

Dallas- I am not so worried about how many days I run now or miles. Since I am targeting more HIIT. This week will be 4 runs but today was only 2 miles, but the run was all sprints and recoveries. Stage 2 is more of a challenge than stage 1.

Shelly- How can you look so beautiful at the end of a race! ? Thanks re kids' awards. DD17 is motivated. DS(almost)15 needs 'fire under his butt' some of the time, but he is a good kid :)

Christine- DD's ceremony was in Spanish. it was short and sweet.

Wendy- Right on with your choices for dinner at cracker barrel! :) You will have the last laugh. I have a friend who is over weight, and she is always asking me advice and then saying why she can't commit to a healthy lifestyle. She has been going to the same trainer for years and gains weight every year. oops! I think I just had a big rant (sorry!)

[font color=lime green][font size +3]Judy "Likes2bfit"

http://www.picturetrail.com/jafitmama

*Drags herself into forum on hands and knees, panting profusely…* Okay, did I say that it would be easier?!?! Well, the weight section was a bit easier, but those pistol squats are freaking killer! The HIIT was the same as Monday, but this time instead of 45 seconds, they were 60 seconds with 90 seconds rest (6 sets). I never knew how much of a difference a mere 15 seconds can make! I’m TOAST! And I love it! Off to shower and the to get ready for my next round of torture – which won’t be as fun…

Dallas – Oh well, it’s a civic duty and one I should be happy to do. We’ll see what happens. DH did go to the doc on Monday. He actually sounds a little better today. He has to go in to work for a customer meeting, but he’ll be home afterwards. I think there are a lot of similarities between the different programs. I say start with one, and go from there. :p I love Turbulence Training!

Jackie – Oh good! I’m so glad you have a renter and it’s so nice for a single mom to have a house. I’ve been there. After today’s workout, I’ll be too busy concentrating on may pain to worry about little ole jury duty :+…

Judy – Well congrats again for DD. You should be very proud. :p It’s tough not to rant about someone who can make such a difference in their lives, yet refuses to. No worries – we’ve all been there.

Shelly: What a great picture. I think you and Wendy could pass for sisters :)

Carole: Thats excellent on being able to get free stuff in exchange for your service. Wait that kinda sounded bad, huh? :) Lucky you on being able to grow things now.

Jackie: Is your new place bigger than your old?

Dallas: Kids still busy with soccer?

Someone help Christine up :)

I did my HIIT. Did some GIANT sets for biceps.

I need to run to the store for food. You can tell my son is home LOL.

BBL

Good Afternoon Girls.

Trying my best to behave today food wise in preparation for tonight's disasterous dinner. :p

Cathy: I notice you were chatting with Kath about wisdom teeth removal. I had all four of mine yanked at once when I was about 18 years old. I looked like a chipmunk for a few days but don't recall there being any real pain involved and I got to eat icecream for and had all of my food creamated for days. I'd say all in all it wasn't bad. :7 I think I am going for MCM in May. Shelly corrected me. It's closed for 08 not 09, duh! LOL I've always wanted to visit DC anyway. ;) Maybe I'll do the Ocean Drive mary another time as it DOES sound like a beautiful course to run. Oh, btw, I think I am going to pre-order Guitar Hero Aerosmith from Amazon today. }(

Kath: So did ya get to that garden? Congrats on the nice arms and core. I remember when I was doing the X, I was taking monthly pics and I was amazed at what it had done for my core. It's so nice when you can see the changes you are making with your hard work. Good for you. :)

Sunny: Good job with the HIIT work out. You really know how to work it girl!}(

Carole: So many eat such unhealthy diets that when they come in contact with a person who cares and actually watches what they eat they don't know how to handle it. Oh well. That's thier problem, not mine. LOL :p

Christine: Yeah Alwyn's HIIT is a bit different from standard HIIT I guess but if this is what he says to do then that's what I'm doin'!}( It actually sounds tougher this way. I'm going to try it on the EXT tmrw. I am going to use resistance to gauge my intervals instead of speed. Should be fun! }( The MCM in DC is in May so it shouldn't be bad as far as weather goes-well, humidity anyway.

Dallas: So which Itrain did you do today?

Jackie: YAY for the new house! I hope the closing goes smoothly for you. I remember doing that. It wasn't bad for us but I know if you run into problems it can be a nightmare. Actually, the closing was the only thing that WASN'T a nightmare while buying our house!x( As far as your planned X+ purchase, whenever you are ready just use my link below to order it and you will be good to go as you are already signed up as my customer. Thanks so much!:+

Judy: It's all in the diet. If you can't eat a reasonably healthy diet 80% of the time then you will not be successful no matter how much you work out. Your friend needs to stop paying that trainer until she is ready to commit to the diet part of it. She is throwing her money away as far as I am concerned. :-(

Looks like I'm all caught up on personals. Time to get the lil' guy down for a nap!

BBL!:)

*Happy Dances into forum* MY CASE WAS SETTLED so I got to go home!!! YAY!!!!! I’m so excited! Happy, happy, happy!! Thanks for all the crossing of the fingers and toes – it worked! *Does another happy dance around room* I’m free for another year. Phew!

Kath – *grins* re: “someone help Christine up”. What HIIT did you do? ITA that Wendy and Shelly could pass for sisters. In other photos they don’t look quite as much a like, but they are both athletic attractive women!

Wendy – You’ll do great tonight! You’re already prepared!! Oh May is really nice in DC! Maybe I can convince my company to have their yearly event in DC around that date so I can come cheer you on!!!

Well, back to work *Happy dances out of forum*

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.