~*~*MAY 09~*~*CHECK-IN for Weekend 5/2-5/3~*~*~

Boingo1

Cathlete
Getting us started for the weekend!! :eek:

Just_Cuz_06.gif

So, I had a crappy morning, though I think I handled it all pretty well.

It was super nice to stay in bed until 7am!... But then all hell broke loose. Had to clean up kitty hairball off of carpet, and then DH was home from work and was "riling up" the boys (I like quiet first thing in the morning), ... and then Zach's blood sugar was high and he was positive for ketones. Which means he's got to get insulin from a Pen, and then I have to change his entire pump set-up and needle site. Usually I big time stress when this happens. For some reason, I was able to hold it together...

I'm going back & forth on whether or not I'm going to do a workout today. It would "only" be 4DS: Bootcamp, which I could do, but truthfully, I'm just not in the mood for getting all out of breath and sweaty this morning. Plus I did do double cardio on Thursday... But then again, I'd be regretting it for the rest of the day, PLUS it's only 30 minutes! .... Back & forth, back & forth...

Plus I have a bunch of cleaning and cooking to do ... I'm so confused
297.gif
What should I do girls????

Good morning Chris, and everyone. Chris, maybe you're just not in the mood for boot camp? Is there something else that sounds fun? I'm sorry to hear about Zach and the blood sugar problem! Nice that you didn't get super stressed handling it. Honestly, how do non-medical personnel parents handle it?

I posted last night, but people may have missed it -- Chris, you're getting me really psyched for meso 3 and also for trying to sync up and doing it all over again together. Joanne, I'm game to start meso 3 when you are -- I really think you need to take it easy for a little while and make sure you don't have any lingering accident problems -- that is, get over the cathe-aches and see if you still have other aches. Then we could dive in. Kathy/Chris, have you thought about when you want to start the repeat? And, are you game for a six month? How do you feel about doing meso 3 twice? That's the only thing I'm unsure of, since I haven't experienced it yet! Also, here I am saying this again, but.... I don't want to bulk too much! :p

Rainy here again today -- I like it, though I do have to go out in it later. I'm meeting up with a friend and former co-worker who wants to bounce some career ideas around, and then this evening we are going wine tasting with a bunch of school parents. Should be fun, if Larry behaves himself. :confused: Sometimes he's a little much when people meet him for the first time, which will be the case with some of them tonight.

Have a great day!! Oh yeah, my workout..... I did Tony's Intervals for the first time -- I really liked it!! Great workout and went by quickly. I did stretch max with the band afterward, which I really needed. I feel like I need an hour of stretching! Got to start getting some chores done though!

-Beth

Hey, I've been meaning to ask you guys...... you know how a lot of people say they're starving once they start lifting heavy weights? I'm so so so hungry on my cardio days! I just can't seem to stop. What's up with that?! (somewhat rhetorical, unless anyone really can shed some light). Want to eat, want to eat, want to eat.....

-Beth

Well, I WAS holding it together so well today ....

I don't know, Beth, I think sometimes it might be better NOT being in health care and NOT knowing the crap that happens with diabetes.

His blood sugar shot up again, but we gave it a chance and it's on it's way down... Now come to find out that we are out of Ketone strips to check his urine for ketones, and we do NOT have any refills AND Walmart is out of them. Thank GOD CVS has them and you don't need a script for them, AND they are only $11!

But it has shot my entire Saturday's plans...

And I did end up doing 4DS: BC. and 3/4's of Abs Circuit: Pilates Abs. Right after I posted, Jake (7 yr old) asked me when I was going to work out, because he wanted to do it with me. LOL! What could I do?? So I started BC while Jake had a "pre-workout" snack. He came to join me, but was put off by the "suicides". He watched for a bit, but then quietly went away.

That BC sure is an intense 30 minutes, isn't it? :eek:

I got to up to the side planks on Pilates Abs, and decided to call it a day..

Beth: Oh good! You are going to love Meso 3! ONLY 8 reps! And on the 3rd week, ONLY 6!! It reminds me of how we pushed ourselves on Fitness Freaks rotations. I did read a post from Cathe somewhere saying you should take at least a good months rest from STS so you will be able to re-focus on it good. I wouldn't mind doing a 6 Month Rotation next round!! When do you finish this round, beth and joanne? I think Ivy is on the same schedule as you guys too! So maybe July? Or August? ... I'm trying to decide what to do next. I wonder if Cathe will put out a May Rotation..

Okay, off to CVS!:eek:

Hey, I've been meaning to ask you guys...... you know how a lot of people say they're starving once they start lifting heavy weights? I'm so so so hungry on my cardio days! I just can't seem to stop. What's up with that?! (somewhat rhetorical, unless anyone really can shed some light). Want to eat, want to eat, want to eat.....

-Beth

Hmmm.. I don't know. I swear, I think my appetite has a will of it's own, not dependent on cardio or weights.

This week I was able to really control my eating and I didn't FEEL hungry as much. Like mind over matter.

Hey All!

Chris so sorry you are having such a crappy day so far sending hugs and a margarita your way ;)

Beth I just need tons of water - more than usual on my cardio days maybe that will help? Any ways it is a bit strange but our bodies will talk when we need something more .

Yesterday we did not do the beach thing as both girls were sick with body aches and just overall sickiness... so we ended up going to see Wolverine - very action packed and good let's on to more movies.

Well I've been drinking and partying with hubby for the past two nights and sleeping in and nursing hangovers but its been fun:rolleyes::p Anyhow today I plan on eating and drinking to cleanse myself out then back to my normal thang on Sunday lmao

Now to prepare for more partying in 11 more days when its my time to blow out some birthday candles although I plan on sticking to just one drink only :eek:

Have a great day everyone :D

picture.php

Vilma, sounds like you've been having fun -- boy those workouts are tough with a bit of a hangover though!!

Chris, sorry it's been a crappy day so far! I see what you mean with all the running around and stress. I hope it starts looking up!

I wasn't sure you and Kathy would want to wait around for the rest of us to have a full month break, but you're right, we probably should. July sounds so far off, but I guess it'll be here before we know it.....

I just had a couple of really intense games of chess with Travis -- I am fried! :) We have a couple of chicks in the house now -- don't ask me why..... I think we are up to 7 now. All dark, with one gray (the rooster is gray -- nice looking rooster actually).

-Beth

Hi ladies..

Busy day...I didn't get to my workout this morning with girls still here. We just got back from Chris' baseball game. Now, we are headed to choir practice and then mass. So, I am resting today and I will do IMAX 2 tomorrow!!

Beth: I think lifting heavy has affected my hunger. I have been eating like crazy lately..Now that I think about it it got worse when I started meso 3...Hope it gets better..I am going to need a break from STS for a while. July sounds good!

Chris: Sorry your day started so crappy. Hope it got better. Great job getting in your workout..

Vilma: HI!!

Gotta go to church now!! Talk to you all tomorrow..

Thanks Girls!

Things are somewhat better, but getting low now instead of high sugars. :confused: But at least I know the pump site is working...

Off to work I go, to worry about other sick people instead of my own kid!...

Hi ladies. It's quiet right now - the boys are at their last CCD for the year - yea!! One less day a week to get everyone up.

Chris, I'm so sorry about all the stress with Zach's sugars. I feel so bad for you and him. I'm glad to hear it sounds like things have stabilized a bit. It's nice when our kids encourage us to workout instead of being obstacles to working out! I confess - I usually stop ab workouts when they get to the planks! ;)

Kathy, how was the sleepover? I'm sure the girls had a blast!

Beth, you are so sweet to wait for me to start Meso 3! How does Wednesday sound? I'm actually feeling fine. I worked out today for the first time since the accident and was fine. No back issues. I did Amy's new kickbox workout again. I'm going to try the other new CIA I got - Kimberly Spreen's - can't remember the name - tomorrow. It's kickboxing and uses a med ball and body bar. Looks fun. Then Tuesday maybe a run and Wed. start Meso 3. Let me know if you want to start sooner or later - I'm flexible! To answer your question about hunger - yes, I am always hungry!! I'm not sure if it's related to working out or not, but I like to blame it in working out. I'm trying not to snack in the afternoon at work, and it's killing me. I just get soooo hungry! It backfires because then I eat too much when I get home.

Vilma, sounds like a fun weekend with hubby! Don't worry about the drinks - we all need to have a bit a fun sometimes!

I'd probably be up for starting STS again in August. We'll be away for two weeks in July. But, please, go ahead and start again without me if you guys want. I may only do a three-month rotation again, so I'll catch up!

We have two soccer games today. My house is a wreck - I'm never here more than a couple hours at a time to actually get anything done.

Have a great rest of the weekend!

Joanne

Good morning, ladies! I was going to run this morning -- really psyched for it, but it was raining and miserable, so Larry talked me into staying in bed. He really had to twist my arm hard -- ouch! ;) We decided we'd all go skating later -- he took the kids yesterday and once again they had a blast. We have a horse arena on our property that we'll never use for horses -- we just don't want that much maintenance, so.... we are pretty seriously considering getting it paved for skating/biking/skateboarding/basketball/whatever. Of course, now that we've made the decision we want it DONE. :D

Chris, I hope work was fine!

Joanne, Wednesday sounds good -- I don't think I'd want to jump in any sooner than that, after all my talk, but I think Wed. is good.

We went to the wine tasting thing last night -- wow. The winemaker is really a lawyer and wine making is his "hobby". He must have made boatloads and boatloads of money as a lawyer, because this place had so much money sunk into it. And, he's a pretty darn good wine maker! He's not been at it all that long, but has won a bunch of awards and it was better than we were expecting. He has a son Dylan's age, and one a little older, so he's also having some "sip for the school" fund raiser at the end of May. But so get this.... when I picked up the babysitter, her mom met me at the freeway to save me some driving... boy did she save me driving. It took me 45 minutes to take the girl home and then get back home myself. Larry was really worried about me -- was about to try to come find me -- he tried calling my cell but it didn't ring (service is sometimes spotty here). Anyway, crazy.... they live about as remotely as we do, except on the other side of the freeway. Might not use her again, though she's an amazing girl -- in 8th grade, but really mature. I think I need to take parenting lessons from her parents. :)

Joanne, I thought I was the only one who stopped abs at the planks! :D

Have a great day!

-Beth

HI ladies...

Checking in with IMAX 2 done...I so needed after the horrible eating. Trying to do better on that today!

Joanne: The sleepover was a big hit. Lauren was so happy. The girls were all so behaved. I forgot they were here! Awesome...They all left before lunch yesterday as Chris had a baseball game yesterday at 11:30...Last CCD..great news! We still have 3 more classes. I wonder why?? The other diocese never us are also done. I guess we had more breaks/off days during the year!?

Beth: That track sounds great!!!! Wine tasting how fun! We haven't done that in ages...Hubby loves to wine taste and tour the vineyards..Gotta put that on the to do list!

Hi Kathy! Sounds like quite a successful party -- girls! -- so much easier than boys at times. :)

Well, I ended up doing lalofit for the first time today -- I really liked it. I used only 3 pound weights, so counted it as cardio. :D His moves are slow and controlled, but my heart rate was up there!!! My HRM said I burned 358 calories, and the avg. was 128, high 158 -- so not really that far off from a decent cardio workout. I think you could do that with one pound gloves on and definitely count it as cardio. I was sort of worried it might feel like a slow workout, but it did seem to go pretty quickly. Fun!!

-Beth

Everyone's quiet today. I spent some time this afternoon fixing my calendar for this month's rotation -- having meso 3 start Wednesday, and then I looked at the target weights for meso 3 to see if I need to fix any up (I can't go as heavy on some as I'm supposed to, so I adjust ahead of time). I am SO excited to start! It does look like it'll be fun. Wow, I just love STS!!

-Beth

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.