~*~*MAY 09~*~* Mother's Day Weekend Check-In~*~

Happy Saturday, to those of you who celebrate it! :p

I couldn't bring myself to do Cathe's STS scheduled cardio: Drill Max Cardio Leg Blast. (What the heck is that anyways?). Felt more like a Cardio Party . so I did Cardio Party 3. It was fun, but my boys were on their worst behavior, and made it tough ... But it's done!

A long weekend coming up for me, since DH is working both nights too. Makes it harder. But I'll survive! right?? :confused:

You will survive! Glad you had a fun workout, Chris, but I know what you mean about boys interrupting the workout -- I had some of that this morning. I had LIC timesaver cardio blast premix and Dylan kept messing up my steps! That was a fun workout -- don't think I've ever done that one. I followed it up with the abs from that disc, since the disc was in already. When she came to the planks, I thought "oh gawd!" and remembered Joanne saying she always turns it off when it gets to planks. I did a couple of holds on elbow and then turned it off! I did see some really nice shoulder/tricep definition on my very own body while doing those abs though, so I was pleased. I'm really seeing results!

Joanne, how's your shoulder today? Have you been icing it? That always helps me. Sorry you were sore in not a good way!

Chris, that's funny about your dr. being a hottie. I've had that experience twice -- once with an eye dr., who I went back to maybe once more after that, and then another time it was with a dermatologist who was doing a whole body scan, and that was just too strange, so I never went back to him!! It's amazing to me that you have to wait until the end of July for your appt.! Are drs. fewer in number there? Must be!

My mom is here and having a blast watching her grandsons. It's been a year since she's been here (though we've seen her at other locations since). So, it's fun having her here. She's flying out mid-day tomorrow, so we're sort of celebrating mother's day today, though it really started yesterday with a box of See's that I bought for us to share! ;)

It's a beautiful day here -- maybe I should have gone for a run. Joanne, do you think you'll do the next disc tomorrow?

Have a great day everyone, be it Saturday or Monday! :D

-Beth

P.S. from yesterday.....

Vilma, no, it wasn't an off day for us -- I used Larry's car.

Hottie, very cool about the dog! Are you getting her today? What kind, what's its name, etc. Details, details.... and, that high-speed internet rocks!

-Beth

Hi ladies..

Happy Mother's Day to everyone!!

Just got back from getting hilights put in my hair. I love it. It looks really blonde now though. I will post some photos when I get one taken..

Resting today with getting my hair done and the kids ball games. I can't squeeze it in. We are about to head out to get our pool passes for the summer...Tomorrow I will do a cardio workout. Not sure I will do that drill mix premix either Chris. I was thinking of the cardio one off the treminator DVD I think it is.; with Imax2 and cardio & weights alternating...That will be tomorrow. Then all next week cardio stuff as recovery...

Have a great weekend!!

Hey Beth!

Awwww...that's so nice your mom is there! And enjoying your boys, I bet they adore having her there!! ... What is a box of See's or should I not ask?? LOL!

LIC is fun either way, I loved revisiting it during STS rotation! LOL @ the plankwork. It's so hard for me to do the side planks , my shoulder doesn't like it and that's where I feel it the most, not in my abs! :confused: Cool on your shoulders and biceps! I got the BEST results there too!

I've actually had this gastro doc on my last colonoscopy. All the girls at work think I'm crazy, because he's the hottest one in the practice! My PCP recommended him years ago, so I just went with it. I do know that the Versed they give me during the procedure puts me in la-la land, so whatEVER..LOL! I guess since my colonoscopy is routine, they just schedule it as non-emergent and that's why I wait.

Did I miss that Joanne had a sore shoulder? Hope you're feeling better with it! Was it from STS work?

Hottie: I enjoyed reading your post from yesterday, you are a nut! (in a good way!). Hope you get the doggie! What kind is it and what is her/his name?

soooo. ... I'm cleaning/puttering, ... Zach is at a baseball game, the other two are "playing" (fighting!) outside.... Back to it!

Hey Kathy!

You must have posted while I was?!?!

yeah, that Drill Max premix did nothing for me... yours sounds fun too!

Enjoy your day today!

I have a hair appt for next week. Cut/trim and highlights too! :)

We can compare notes on cardios next week...

Happy Mother's Day, everyone (even Hottie, because now you're a dog mom, maybe??? :)). Are you all staying in bed and awaiting your gourmet breakfast delivery???? I got up first in my house and did go ahead with my STS workout -- shoulders/biceps/triceps. I'm amazed at how accurate the 1RM stuff is finally at meso 3, well, sort of. I could go a teeny bit heavier on biceps, and had to go lighter on triceps! I also had a bit of trouble switching my barbell in time during the first set of exercises. Joanne, what did you end up doing today, and how is that shoulder?!

We had a sort of fun day yesterday. We decided to go to the roller rink, so I got a bit more exercise. Every time we go we see kids from the school there for a birthday party -- it's hilarious. Anyway, afterward we went to check out a chest of drawers we saw on craiglist -- very close to the rink. Well, the guy's driveway was steep, and I don't know what happened but it seems Larry hopped out without putting it fully in park, and we started sliding backwards at an accelerating rate. I was screaming. I thought that beyond the road was a drop off hill and I really thought we were going to die. Well, my mom was sitting in the front passenger seat and she reached over and put it in park right before we hit the curb. It was really exhilerating in a bad bad way. The really scary thing is that a pickup truck was driving up almost into our path. The driver heard me screaming and wondered what was going on. And, we didn't even like the chest of drawers!!! We got back in the van to leave and Larry said "I think it's beer o'clock". We came home and had a drink!! Had a nice dinner with some very berry pie and vanilla ice cream for dessert (on top of See's throughout the day -- yes, Chris, you don't want to know -- they are chocolates -- pretty good, I might add! :)). So, it was good I burned a few extra calories at the rink!

Today we take my mom to the airport and while we're there we pick up one of our remote employees who is here for the week. Actually, I'm hoping to stay home for that little journey so I can get some laundry done, after having only done one load yesterday!!!

Ok, babble babble, I am done now..... bbl.

-Beth

Happy Mother's Day !!

My dh and oldest dd had to go into work so it's just me and the younger two here.

I woke up to a gorgeous ankle bracelet placed on my ankle - I must have been in deep sleep when dh put it on me this early morning. He also sent me a video on my cell phone as he was going into work.

So no breakfast in bed but maybe on Wednesday perhaps since its my birthday on the 13th.

I started lean phase and Beth I like how much tougher it is omg my muscles are crying with those lol I like it so far

How scary for you about the car a round of applause for your mom in saving the day ;)

I like Larry's beer o'clock I may need to steal that from him lol

Well not much going on but I got a new thick book last night so I 'll be doing my favorite thing and reading today -

Have a wonderful day Ladies!!!!

My coffee is brewed and I'm getting ready to have some; then a serious cardio interval workout :D

picture.php

Happy Mother's Day ladies!!!!

I hope everyone enjoys their day..The weather is beautiful here. We finally have no rain!! I hope you all have great weather too...

Vilma, I love the ankle bracelet story!! How sweet and wonderful. My hubby would never think to do something like that (but I love him anyway!).

Enjoy your book!

-Beth

Happy Mother's Day mommies!

Beth: Holy CRAP! That story is scary! I also like "Beer O'Clock"! ... Besides the scrambling around to change weights, didn't you like Meso 3 Sh,Bi Tri's? That was my favorite workout of 3 and I always looked forward to it..

Vilma: VERY sweet story about the ankle bracelet! and a video too! Can't wait to hear what you get for your birthday...

Kathy: glad you get to enjoy some nice weather. I'm not really sure what's going on outside today, and to tell you the truth, I don't even care! :eek:

Joanne & Hottie: Hope you enjoy your days!!

A working crazy weekend here, as usual. I did get some nice homemade cards from the boys. NO pampering here though :( What makes me kind of sad is that since MOther's day is always a working day for DH and I, we've set the stage for years to come, with me never expecting or receiving anything special. Oh well, always the caregiver, rarely taken care of.... :p

Chris, I don't really get any pampering, either, but I hammer it into them that they're supposed to be nice to me, so I'm hoping that when they are older (or maybe adults!) they will understand what it really means and remember their poor old mum.

I did really like the shoulder/bi/tri this morning -- it'll probably end up being my favorite, too, I imagine. I swear, it felt like we were doing some of those sets five times instead of four though! :) Did you figure out a circuit rotation? I saw you had started a thread, but I haven't read it yet.... maybe I'll go check it out right now.....

I did have an awfully nice mother's day snooze after reading to the boys.

-Beth

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.