~*~*JAN 09~*~*Weekend 1/3 and 1/4 Check In!

Hey Everyone!

Miss ya Vilma... hope you check in soon!

And Kathy! I'm wondering , are you going to do Cathe's Jan Rotation this month?

I ended up doing Turbo Jam: Cardio Party 2 for my cardio today. About 45 minutes, instead of 60. I added on BM2 abs and the stretch. I truly thought about skipping today's workout, but of course I felt so good that I did something!

We have no sitter this weekend, so my mom is coming to "fill in". I have to go pick her up... so I have a bunch to do ... and of course, here I sit, procrastinating! :eek:

Hope you guys have a good workout, or rest day today!!

Good morning!

Chris-good job on doing TJ! I love that feeling of working out when your almost didn't. Its like double accomplishment!

I saw Cathe's rotation... not sure if I'll do it, but I'm using it to inspire BM2. Wish me luck...

:)

Hi Chris, and everyone. I lurked into the kettlebell checkin seeing that Vilma had posted there -- seems like everything must be ok with her, just busy. Good to know. I worry about you guys when I haven't heard from you in a while! Deanie's magic 50 looked good, Vilma -- are you going to do it?

Chris, good workout this morning given that you're busy and all. I did KCM's new kickbox and I really liked it -- she's got a tutorial with the steps done slowly so it's easier to learn, which is always my problem. Plus, she doesn't really do anything all that complicated. Still, when the family was up partway into the second half of it, things fell apart for me because I couldn't concentrate. It's amazing how much you use your brain in these workouts -- you don't realize it until you have a distraction. Anyway, I felt a lot of core work there, which I liked, but I did add on BM2 core work, cause I need all the help I can get these days! First time I could do those darn balancing angels!!

Not too much on tap today, except I want to sit down with Larry and actually plan some vacations this year. We are both notoriously bad at planning and so don't end up doing many vacations. I really want to fix that -- when you think about how many summers we have left with the kids where they want to go on a vacation, well, it's not many, I don't think. And then we're meeting friends for dinner tonight.....

Chris, how was Clue? We ended up seeing Desperaux yesterday -- it was good, but I still drifted off to sleep for part of it! I don't know what's wrong with me -- I am sleeping sooooo much these days, and I don't know how I'm going to get back to that 5am time on Monday......

have a great day!
-Beth

Hi Everyone!!! I'm trying to get back into the habit of posting in all the groups I've joined.......I took a hiatus (sp??) when I did FF's rotation last month..it just seemed to take so long to post in all these threads with so much going on during the holidays!

Hope everyone is doing well! :D I just started Cathe's June '05 rotation moving from strength into endurance by the end of it...and today was LowMax + KPC Abs and Stretchmax....

Chris- I know how it feels to consider not doing a workout! But then the guilt sets in....and then you make yourself, and then you feel a lot better!

BBL

I'm here, I'm here!

Not much to report other than our heating unit has been acting up = it shuts off :mad:

So dh showed me what I need to do to restart it .

Last night while ds was holding a flashlight I had to go out in 30 degree rain and wind behind the house unscrew the unit panels and switch on the fuse button.

At the moment we have a guy looking it over. Thank God for the fireplace lol.

My 16 kg kettlebell came in last night so I did a few rounds of swing ladders with it and my 18 yr old DD is now wanting to learn kettlebells so she has my 15 # go fit kbell and dvd in her room .

I have LIC to do here as soon as possible, my sleep cycle is back to my normal (nightowl mode) so this coming week I'll be getting back to my earlier wake ups >insert grumbling here< and much earlier workouts which is good lol.

Chris you are so lucky that you have family so close to help you out with watching your boys.

I would love to have my mom that close by but eh that was the life we chose (military life) and so we ended up here. I love this state but at times wish we had family closer.

Have a good night at work Chris!

Ah gots to go for now I hope to BBL

picture.php

See this what happens when I have to start and stop while posting y'all sneak in

Hottie How are you ? I'm still doing my own rotation of kettlebells and cardio - just not ready to go back to traditional rotation just yet.

Beth Hey you! LOL yup I saw Deanie's thread and had to jump in - I got her into kettlebells too she's my daily checkin thread buddy lol

I took my girls to that movie on Christmas Day it was so sweet and a nice life lesson message in there too.

Iris glad to see you back. Oh I have many a check ins that I post in but sometimes it does get a bit much eh? Glad to have you back though.

I saw that you did FF's Dec rotation and I have that one and Jan printed up in my binder for when I'm ready to go back to traditional weight work.

If I could find a way to integrate my kettlebells into those workouts without overdoing it then I would. I just don't want to give up my kettlebells.

Okay NOW I think I'm done with everyone.

My house now smells as if something burned in here after the heating & air guy changed out some heating strips. Seriously wish I could open the windows but dang its cold out there.

After my workout I will be out in town as my 10 yr old has to get more Webkins ugh.:rolleyes:

picture.php

HI ladies...

Checking in today with Amy Bento's Advanced Step Challenge and segment 1 of Coremax..I subbed this workout for the 35 minute interval run...

Chris: Yes, I am doing Cathe's rotation for January. I just love her rotations..I am always glad when I get my workout in instead of skipping..Good job!!

Hottie: I hope you decide to do the rotation. I love having somebody that is on the same rotation....

Beth: Have fun planning those vacations...We usually end up going to Florida to visit family. Except last year we were lucky and went to Colorado and NC..Not sure what is in store this year...

Iris: I had a hard time keeping up too...I never had time to devote to long personal posts. I am hoping to change that now that the holidays are behind me..Glad to have you back with us..

Vilma: I hope that heater gets fixed soon. I would hate it if our went out during the winter...Have fun with your new kettlebell!!

A quickie... Going to leave to pick up my mom in a few. Yes, I am VERY lucky to have her. She being 84 and still able to function enough to watch my boys. And living alone too! She , knock on wood, does very well for her age!

Hottie:
Go BM2 GO!!! That's a goodie!

Beth: Glad you got in a new workout (it's new, right?)./ That is always motivating to do! I got a new HRM watch, and I wanted to try it today, and it seems like it's WAY off to me. It said I burned 814 calories for my workout today. No WAY! ... YES! We played Clue last night! It was fun, but different than when I last played. The "INtrigue" cards and the "Personality" cards are new. ANd why don't they call them, PROFESSOR Plum, and COLONEL Mustard, etc. ??? They just call them by their last (first) names! I always fall asleep at the movies!!!

Iris: NIce to *see* you over here! I love how you find past rotations and do them, so it will be fun to read about it this month! Definitely it counts more if you had thoughts of skipping your WO!!

Vilma!: there you are! I've missed you! glad all is well. Your kiddos are all better and ready for school on Monday? I think it's great you're still into the KB's too. Glad your heater is getting fixed...

I have to go now...

Will try to check in from work or later...

Hi all, back after.... after what? Seems like a lazy day! We tried to plan a vacation. Larry really wants to go sailing in the sea of cortez -- I think he's nuts with the kids the ages that they are. We may do a train trip from Calgary to Vancouver. Still nothing firm -- our problem!

Yes, Chris, it was very strange about the names in Clue, wasn't it? I didn't remember the game all that well, so figured I had forgotten the cards. I've managed to escape playing so far today. ;) We just got the original Pink Panther in the movie today, and our dinner plans had to be cancelled, so maybe we'll all watch tonight.

I've decided I'm sick of being so obsessed with what I eat and trying to eat better and feeling awful when I fail. On top of that, Larry has said he doesn't know what in the world I would be taking a "before" picture for as he cannot see anything that should change. Given all that, I'm going to just give myself a break on the eating front and see what happens. A lot of times I think the reason I go so crazy eating is because I'm just too obsessed with it. That said, I'm still going to try the "don't buy it" approach, too. :p

Ok, until tomorrow, probably, since I guess it's getting later for most of us.

-Beth

Good morning! Everyone's sleeping in nicely today, I hope. Well, Chris is just getting off work, I guess.

Hottie, that's a lot of weights!!! I was imagining going into play it again sports and buying a 25, 30, and even a 35 pound weight and wondering if they checkout person would think I'm nuts. As my hubby says, "I'm over 40 -- who cares what anyone thinks?!" :D

I did a bunch of stretching this morning -- feels good. I probably could use more, but the kids got up and now it's noisy and chaotic. May take them ice or roller skating today......

have a great Sunday!

-Beth

Good Morning Amigas!

I hope all had a good evening and that Chris had a pretty good night at work.

Hottie wow you have a really nice assortment of weights now - Good for you and your dh. These are the ones you got from Craigs list?

Another reason why I can not wait to move - lol I have checked craigs list and my area is not even listed - how sad is that? Of course where we plan to move its tons of goodies.

Beth I ended up doing that Magic 50 with the kettlebells last night and it was a good one.

My dh has told me something similar but I told him something to the effect that it matters to me. Since I lost all that weight years ago I am so fearful to regain maybe thats why I tend to get a bit obsessive at times. As I get older it gets harder though. I do the 'no buy diet' and my family can't stand it as they say its not fun to snack lol. When they go over to their friends houses they come back w/ food hangovers.

Have fun rolling w/ the kidlets!

Today I have Lauren's dvd, nothing else much to report here.

Take Care :)

picture.php

Hi ladies..

Hottie: I love your weight selection and setup..I have a weight rack but it is smaller and I have 2 of them. I would rather have something like yours. I am going to look into it..

Beth: I got my weights at Play it again sports..The guy never seemed to bat an eye. I think that was when I was getting my 10 and 15s though. So maybe he didn't think much about that weight. Since then the store near me closed down. I bought my 20s and 25s from Dick's..I have been thinking about 30s though. But, I would love to get a rack like Hottie before then...

Vilma: I have the same reason for my exercise drive..I lost 35 pounds after I had Chris and I do not want to go back to that. Everytime the scale goes up I panic. I am up about 5 or 6 pounds and it is driving me nuts!!

Chris: Hope your mom did well with the kids and your worknight goes well...

Anyway, checking in today with Gym Style: back, shoulders & biceps...I am sure I will be sore tomorrow..

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.