~*~*DEC 08~*~*Check In for Monday, 12/29

So I started FF's JAN 09 Rotation today. What the heck! It sure looks good and challenging. I'll keep with it, and then see what Cathe has out for January when she posts hers. I can change up if I feel the urge.

I did Pyramid & MM's Chest & Triceps and then Pyramid's Abs. It was tough following the Pyramid with MM! Holy COW! The push ups were killer :eek: I always love the Abs from PUB too. One of the best ab workouts!

I actually LOOKED at the Workout Manager , thinking about starting 1RM's. That totally threw me! I have little clue what exercise they're talking about in some of them. Like Pymaid (that's how its spelled!) Push Ups. And how do you "calculate" them? So I'm even more put off from the 1RM than I thought I'd be. I pray that STS comes with good video instruction on how to calculate it.

My sister, her son and my mom are coming out for dinner later, and a sleepover, so I have a bunch to do. But at least I slept last night! :p

Beth & Joanne: I've been eating so badly since Christmas. Seems like I'm always turning to chocolate and desserts. *sigh*. I need to straighten myself out big time! I feel so bloated and heavy! Today I plan on downing a bunch of water, and eating CLEAN. Got to. Starting New Year's I'm putting DH on a "diet". I'm going to put him on Weight watchers with me, and for myself do BETTER on the weekends!!!

BBL!

Chris, looks like we were starting the thread just about the same time! FF's rotation does look great. I like the variety of using two different workouts for the same body part. Those 1RM and all the different equipment is what put me over the edge to cancel STS. It just seemed too complicated and I didn't know if I was all that serious about it. I'm mainly working out now to be healthy and get leaner, but didn't know if I'd have the motivation to stick with the whole series. Yea, I turn to sweets and chocolate, too. I'd probably be 20 pounds lighter if I could give those up. Thank goodness the Christmas cookies are almost done.

Here's my post from the thread I started:

Well, the Lasix guy is on vacation until the 6th. Now I'm worried - I want this taken care of. Kind of frustrating. They have another doctor there who they said can do the procedure, but they said he's never done the procedure before. Um, no, my eye is not going to be a guinea pig!

I'm still not feeling great. I started fading at the end of the day yesterday. I did do Squeeze Stronger today.

Beth, I may start CLX next week, but now with the eye thing on the 6th, I'm not sure what I'll do. I may just go ahead and start and then take a few days off if I need to.

Hope everyone is well.

Joanne

Hi Everyone! Chris, I decided to start FF's rotation, too -- the mix sounded good even though I don't own PS. I saw she posted the exercises, so I may do it that way. I noticed it's on sale for $40 on totalfitnessdvds, but I hate that old look and set -- is that awful of me?! Plus, why do I need another workout at this point?! So I'm going to try to follow FF's list next week. I think I'll stick with it for two weeks and then start CLX -- though if it looks really awesome when I preview it, I may not be able to wait!

Oh boy do I hear you with the bad eatting! I've been so awful! Starting clean today, myself. I think I'm going to try the "don't buy it diet". I've often wondered why people who need to lose weight just don't buy the things that tempt them. Well, now is my chance to put that into action! (I've done it before, but it was before I had kids -- harder with kids around, I'm sure!!). We have sweets leftover here, but I'm going to ignore them. Let's try to keep each other on track -- I've also decided to log stuff into myfitnesspal.com -- that seems to help me for about a week, which is as long as I can stick with it. :p

Joanne, good luck with your eye! I wouldn't experiment with the unknown dr., either. Bummer your guy is on vacation!!

Have a great day! I'm dragging the kids to work again to get through a few things, and then I think I'll take them to see Bedtime Stories. We finally saw Bolt the other day.

-Beth

Long time no see

Hello Amigas!

How has everyone been?

I have Cardio Fusion to do here in a few but wanted to peek in here quickly.

I am so sore its not even funny but its welcomed, since my love of gingerbread cookies has been insane :eek:

Just ordered my 16kg kettlebell this morning from Perform Better to get the no shipping and no tax - woot! Looking forward to getting it as it will be great to ladder my swings with it.

Christmas was okay - quiet but nice. I rec'd a lovely assorted box of Adagio loose teas from the hubby as that was what I had been wanting, my oldest dd got me the Wicked book series :) my lil one a lovely necklace , ds gave us dark chocolates .

Now they got loads of goodies which made them all very happy plus cash lol

Chris Glad you didn't work last night and you have family sleeping over night - How wonderful!

Joanne I had Lasik done in Aug 06 and what exactly are the problems you're having? Och now I'm scared, really. Oh man I hope its all ok.

The meds I started have many side effects and one I noticed has been dry eyes which I never had before it does bother me; may ask the doc to let me come off that med.

Beth I am really intrigued by CLX more so than STS. I haven't regreted my decision to cancel my STS preorder but I'm looking forward to hearing the reviews. At the moment I'm not at all wanting STS but I know you reordered so you need to spill on how they both compare.

I'd rather do traditional weight work in the warm months for some reason.

Have fun watching Bedtime Stories my oldest DD said it was really good.

picture.php

Hey guys! Good for you for not working Chris! I can't tell you how unmotivated I am given that my boss didn't even come into work today. I did Imax2 this morning, a 40 minute run yesterday, and BM2 in its entirety without breaks on Saturday. This BETTER make that silly holiday weight go away.

Chris -- I'm with you on the bloated and heavy feeling. What's aggravating me is that I haven't even been that bad! But for whatever reason, its piling up on me. I keep on hoping its hormones and that I'll see it settle down by the end of the week. Good for you about WW and DH. I think I've been making my DH feel bad because I've been focusing on what he eats and his exercise but I'm getting to the point where I'm worried about his health and I don't know anything else to do! Maybe I should consider WW for him too...

Joanne -- I'm so sorry about the Lasik guy. I hate having to do medical stuff around the holidays since everyone is out the door. I was considering Lasik so please keep us updated because I would like to know what the potential nuisances are (I'll call them that for now since I know it'll get fixed up soon!).

Beth -- ah, the don't buy it diet. You see, if we don't buy it for the home, then we just order take out. Very bad. I imagine its much harder with kids and their insane metabolism. And I know what you mean about buying more DVDs. I was checking out Bootcamp and Muscle Endurance before I went, do I seriously need this? But man, I just want more workouts to use on my new nifty barbell I got for my bday. :)

Vilma -- it sounds like you had a lovely Christmas! Have fun with Cardio Fusion. My DH started playing the a KB at the store I think because he reads over these threads that I keep open on my computer.

BBL! Just sloshing through a very quiet day!

Hi ladies..

Checking in quick with a LONG walk with the kids and the dog too. We walk to the post office and back..I decided since my legs were feeling yesterday's elliptical workout, this would be a great workout for me today. Looking forward to seeing what Cathe has in store for January. Did everyone get the email today about STS? I guess we are really close now!!

Beth, sounds like a plan! The "don't buy it, don't eat it" plan! It is hard, though, with kids and a DH in the house. You probably don't need PS. There's so much other Cathe you could substitute.

Vilma, sounds like some nice gifts. I had my Lasik in April 07 originally. I still had alot of astigmatism so he did an enhancement in July 07. At one of my checkups my optometrist said there were some epithelial cells growing, nothing serious, but we needed to keep an eye on it. It's more common when they do go back in again to get this. If any stray cells get trapped under the flap, they can multiple and if not treated effect your vision. He didn't seem too concerned and said most likely they would go away on their own. I was supposed to go back in July 08, but they called me and said my insurance wouldn't cover another visit until Oct. 08, so I made a new appointment. Well, October on was hell for us with Caitlyn and both our dads sick, so I cancelled and didn't get around to going back until Saturday. The doctor said the area had really grown and was affecting my vision (I knew it was getting worse) and it needed to be taken out. So that's where we are now.

Hottie, great workouts! My complication is pretty rare unless you have to have an enhancement, so I wouldn't worry about it. Actually my vision should improve when it's taken care of, so that's a good thing. If it's untreated it can be permanent damage, so I'm a bit concerned about that. It's mostly my fault - I knew I needed to get it checked out again, but there was too much going on and I didn't really notice anything until this weekend.

Have to run....DH is picking up Colin from a friend's house and I told him I would have dinner ready...

Joanne

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.