~*~*BFL TGIF*~*~ 11/30

Fitness-Mom

Cathlete
Good Morning, Ladies ~~ :)

How is everyone? It's Friday!! YAY :) W4 is almost over. Maybe it's because I was sick, but I had NO cravings this week at all, and I am not even looking forward to Free Day. My free day basically has turned into a day where I just relax and not worry over eating and having to plan my meals!

Woke up to a darn nasty head cold on Thursday...feeling worse today. My throat was so dry this morning, I thought I was choking...LOL Hopefully, I will feel better by this weekend,
Tonight is a date w/ Vicks, Nyquil, & Hot Tea! :)

Last night I finished up w/ BM2 Abs. Short, but sweet. I have DOMS this morning :) Tonight is S&H Bi's/Tri's.

Meals for today;
B~ Protein Pancakes
S~CC/Yogurt
L~Turkey Breast Cutlet, Rice, mushrooms/peas
S~Apple/string cheese (reduced fat)
D~Some form of protein (probably leftover Turkey), veggie, & salad
S~Protein Shake

Can you tell all I eat is Turkey & Chicken? Kind of getting sick of it. I am thinking of new ways to cook. Any ideas? My BF sautéed me my Turkey w/ mushrooms & peas last night, he just added a ti' bit of chicken bouillon, just enough to give it good flavor. I did switch it up the other day and had Lean Beef w/ mushrooms and veggies...I felt like I was cheating ... LOL :)

Gayle~ I noticed you purchased the EFL cookbook for $5.00...what a deal. I had to pick one up for that price. I have been meaning to buy one, since I am always getting it from the library, but I couldn't dish out $30+ right now. Great Find!

Any plans for the weekend?

BBl ~
"Today is a Gift, Have Fun"

~Jennifer~

www.picturetrail.com/fitness-momx2

GOOD FRIDAY MORNING, ladies! The weekend is almost here!!! YEAH!

Michele-HERE HERE on FINALLY getting rid of these pounds and inches FOR GOOD! And I agree with you, with BFL, you ARE EATING! 6 meals? Sometimes it's HARD to get that 6th meal in. lol EAT TO LOSE. Go figure!

Heidi-you just HAD to put in Yee's name, didn't ya? LOL I LOVE LOVE LOVE his Power Yoga Total Body and am DYING for another Yee workout. I'm using it as incentive for when I complete this 12 week challenge! NOW...go get that BELT! lol

Veronika-LOVE smaller jeans! WOOHOO! AWESOME, girl!

Jennifer-yeah, that $5 deal (11 with shipping) was an AWESOME DEAL! I had been borrowing it from the library for the past 2 months and they won't allow me to borrow it again because it's actually another town's book thru inter-library loan. lol

OK....I got into my SKINNY JEANS last night for my Book Club meeting. I've had these jeans hanging in my closet, in PLAIN sight, right in front of everything else...so I have to reach past them in order to get anything to wear. I've had them there since we started Oct 1st! AND THEY FIT! PERHAPS just a bit too snug in the upper thighs, but I could sit, BREATH, laugh, talk, and walk without splitting a seam or looking like a Hoochie Mama! LOL I put them back on that hanger before bed, in plain sight again, and the next time I put them on they WILL BE LOOSER!!!!!!!!

This morning's workout was PUB in REVERSE order. lol I did bis, tris, choulders, back, chest. It was great. I really liked being able to concentrate more on my bis and tris since they weren't completely fried!

What are your weekend plans, everybody?
Tonight, I have my school's Christmas Dinner, where I am planning on eating CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN and NO alcohol.
Saturday, morning is a 5K race, and at night is my Girls Night Out Bunco night, where I will EAT CLEAN AGAIN!
Sunday is FREE DAY and quiet. Nothing on the calendar.

How have you guys been doing on Free Day??? Like Jennifer, I've been relaxing and eating whatever strikes me at the time. The one thing I HAVE been doing is preparing a meal that I don't normally do during the week. For instance, this weekend I'm making beef stew, homemade bread, and vanilla cake with chocolate frosting. One weekend was lasagna, another was a pot roast, etc. YUM! I get the kids involved in the decision, too! What a way to celebrate Free Day!

Have an awesome day!

Gayle

Good morning ladies -

Thanks for the nice welcome yesterday. I'd love to join in and have you help me with my eating and workouts. I've been lurking in your thread and high fives to ALL of you for doing so well!

Since I'm at work, I pretty much eat the same thing for breakfast/snack/lunch/snack -- tell me how I should be tweaking this to make it BFL friendly:

B - oatmeal or a slice of WW toast and 1 T of pb
S - Zone power bar (do I have to do away with these? It is so easy!)
L - turkey on one slice of WW bread with tomato and a piece of fruit
S - low fat string cheese and nuts -- or protein pudding from EFL

Dinner is where I fall off track. The bummer is that I'm usually running with the kids and just grab whatever I can get -- last night I had 100 calorie pack of cookies and some grapes. So, it's not like I'm chowing down on pizza -- but the weight isn't coming off --so obviously I need to be cooking from EFL and sit down and actually eat some chicken!! I'm still under that myth that I need to starve myself in the evening to lose weight. (Which obviously doesn't work!)

Thanks for your input!!
Michelle
P.S. Gayle - Survivor was the bomb!!

Good Morning Everyone,
I got up at 5am again and did GS Upper body Timesavers.It takes about an hour and man am I feeling it now three hours later. I also did cardio for 30 minutes and 20 minutes of specific upper body stretches.I must say that since I have started doing cardio everyday of the week I have lost more weight and I look thinner. Three days of cardio of HIIT just wasn't working for me.Plus, I like doing cardio before I hit the weights because it wakes me up and loosens me up.Anyone else feel this way.I am also shocked at the fact that I am waking up so early in the morning to get my time in.Thank you Gayle for being so devoted and showing me that you just get it done.MY DH is proud of me also.
So is Power Yoga Total Body what I should get?I would like to do some yoga.
Jennifer, sorry you aren't feeling well.You are tough though because you still worked out. I am the biggest baby, I take a week off for any ailment.How do you do it?Hey ,by the way a date with a cup of tea and Nyquil sounds good to me only if the kids are gone.Nyquil knocks me out!
BBL I have to help the kids moving and then I'll share what we have in store for the weekend.
Veronika

Veronika

Hi Ladies ~ :)

Feeling a little better, took some sinus medicine I should be good until this afternoon. It's early morning and late at night is when I tend to feel my worse!

Gayle~ Great work on PUB. I should try reversing the order sometime, but I only have it on VHS, so it will be kind of hard. I will have to check out Rodney's Total Body ... Maybe the library has it .. LOL Do you think this is his best one? I haven't done the Kristin McGee one yet, I plan on pulling that out on Sunday. WooHoo, Skinny Jeans, gotta love it! Keep up the great work! My upper thighs seems to be the problem w/ me also...the waist is normally loose, but thigh area little too tight! I might go shopping for a new pair this weekend, maybe check out the Lucky brand...do you think I can get lucky and find a decent pair on clearance...LOL :) No big weekend plans for me. Probably grab a pizza on Sunday, and visit w/ my Grandmother!

Michelle~ Good to have you with us! :) Have you read the BFL book? I would cut out the bars, save them for emergicies only. A good snack is Cottage Cheese blended w/ some yogurt. Takes some getting used to, but I learned to love it .. LOL :) Just make sure you have a Protein & Carb for all 6 meals. I tend to cut out the carbs on meal 5-6 though, and only have protein and veggies. Sometimes I don't even get in meal 6 ... Just not hungry for it. Check out Bodyforlifetracker.com. Great motivation over there as well! Come visit Feb Femmes over in the check-ins...great bunch of people! :) Eat more, you will be surprised, the weight will come off!

Veronika ~ Great workout...How in the world do you do it @ 5 a.m. I can't even lift my head off the pillow at that time .... LOL
I would love to be sleeping right now. I have to really push myself when I'm not feeling well, if I don't I will be lazy and 1 day turns into a entire week not working out!

"Today is a Gift, Have Fun"

~Jennifer~

www.picturetrail.com/fitness-momx2

Oh yes, I've had the BFL book for at least 7 years and read it probably 20 times. Bought EFL a couple years ago and have tried almost all the recipes -- LOVE THEM ALL!! So, I just need to "do it!"

I know, the protein bar is bad - but man, I hate cottage cheese!!

Michelle

Michelle-(I kept spelling your name with one L, lol). I only have a quick sec, I have to get the boys off the bus...but...I eat a BFL AdvantEdge or EAS Bar every single day during the week, while I'm at work (I work PT at the school cafeteria as a Monitor) because it's the most convenient thing at that specific time of the day. It works, so I do it...although I WISH I could find a nice alternative to eat instead of the bar, but for now....it's easy and it's been working for me.

BBL with more details on diet.

Gayle

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.