~*~* WW's Thursday/Still no dog~*~*

gidget1978

Cathlete
Hey Girls,

I still can't beleive our dog hasn't come back or that no one as seen him:-( Everytime I woke last night, I thought about him and I couldn't get back to sleep. My heart is broke. At first it was no big deal cause its not the first time he as gotten out but now I wonder how cold and hungry he is. DH still thinks he is living it up in someones house....but I think...what about if someone is hurting him? I just need to get him home! Hopefully today will be better then yesterday. I was kind of hoping someone picked him up yesterday while the shelter was closed and maybe they are planning on taking him to the shelter early today. Lets hope.

Its a run for me today. The sun is shining and I am hoping to head out in about 90 mins or so.

I am going to read yesterdays post and come back!

Lori:)

**Cheryl** A body wrap sounds nice! Did you get itchy? LOL Whenever I think about doing something like that, I know my nose will get itchy.

Amelia** Are you still alive today? What did DH say? You've been good lately, you haven't bought anything in a while. Your gonna love those workouts.

Belinda** Sure you can start the rotation. Why not? You will just be almost two weeks behind}( but who cares! Im really enjoying the rotation.

Cathy** welcome! You can never have to many places to check in! LOL You will get lots of support here. There use to be alot more of us but people have been just disappearing! Not sure where they are gone.

Lori

:)

Good Morning Ladies!!!

Lori, sorry about your dog!!! Maybe you will find him on your run. Stay Positive!!!! I am sure he is fine!!! I think there are more dog lovers out there over than dog abusers.....

I also wanted to say "Welcome Cathy!" You are a teacher? What grade? Oh, and PLC is short for The Childrens Place. That store has really cute/nice clothes without huge pricetags. The clothes resemble Old Navy and Gap. I have 3 kids so I am always looking for good prices, good quality, and cuteness (I better throw in cool...my boys hate when I say they look cute!)

I don't know about a w/o today. I think I have to go shopping for something to wear to a wedding. I HATE dress clothes. I mean, I like them, but I HATE buying them. The staple of my daily wear is sweatpants. When I buy dress clothes, I wear them a few times then they sit in my closet and collect dust. Since I am home all day, I wear whatever is comfy and are "kid-friendly" when it comes to stains!

Soooo....I am thinking a turtle neck sweater dress and tall brown or black boots. What do you all think...I have one (yes, only one) pair of dress pants and I have worn those suckers to every event possible without wearing the same thing twice (I hate that). Dh doesn't understand....he thinks I should wear the same pants that I wore to the last company function (this is not a company thing, but everyone he works with will be there) so now I need something else. I don't want to be known as the housewife who owns 1 pair of dress slacks and wears them over and over and over, and etc.

So anyway, it is going to be a stressful day....dress and shoe shopping with a 5yo and 2yo is not my idea of a fun time!!! I guess there are worse things....

Sara

Good Morning Ladies:)

OH MAN,I feel like crap today. http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/1097.gif I woke up with a sore throat and body achesx(x(Im suppose to do BM2-all of it-I hope this feeling goes away so I can!BTW-I added a forty minute walk yesterday evening to my workout for the day!:7

Welcome Cathy:)Your gonna love it here! Lorie's right,there use to be alot of us-almost ten members!But Im not sure where everybody went?

Lorie-Im sorry your doggy's not home yet:-(...maybe today! And your above post to me is exactly what I was thinking went I placed the order yesterday! I've been good lately and he did order direct-tv a couple of months ago and I didn't say a word to him(that was my defense-HA)My DH said two words "How Much"? Then he said "that much for ONE workout" I had to correct him and say "its for two workouts and its a good price" anyhoot,I hope you enjoy your run today!

anybody know how long is Cathe's shipping here? I ordered some stuff in janurary but I can't remember how long it took to get here!

Thanks for the welcome!

I hesitated to come in here because it's been hard, now that school’s back in session, to keep up w/ the other two check-ins I belong to, but I’ll do my best! Is everyone here maintaining or is anyone trying to lose?

Lori :: Hope today’s run helps relieve some of the stress and anxiety of Charlie being missing. I caught something about DD being banned from Facebook ~ maybe she can use her spare time to create lost posters to hang up around town.

Sara :: I teach 8th grade language arts…I am (very gratefully) off today for Rosh Hoshanah…the first few weeks are always hectic and I’ve been coming home zapped since we went back…It is nice just to BREATHE this morning...Oh, OK…I do know The Children’s Place…have shopped there for my goddaughter when she was little…and also for my cousin’s little girl…they do have cute stuff…Sweatpants are a staple for me, too! But I do have to dress for work and find most of my clothes at Ann Taylor Loft or Ann Taylor…They have both have a lot of cute skirts and tops on sale right now…Is it cold where you are?

Amelia :: hope you feel better!…Not sure about the shipping…I am actually not far from her in South Jersey, so it goes pretty quick for me. I think you can check shipping time on the UPS site, though. Plug in your zip. Glassboro’s is 08028. HTH.

My workout today will be a run, abs, and an LIC u/b premix.

[font face="heather" font color=brick red size=+2]~Cathy [/font face] http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/4.gif
"Out on the roads there is fitness and self-discovery and the persons we were destined to be." -George Sheehan

Sara** I hear ya on the dress clothes. I never buy it unless I am going somewhere and sometimes if I need a dress, I will get a loan of one! LOL Have fun shopping though.

Amelia** Your to funny! DH is the opposite as yours. If I told him I ordered new workouts, he would have said "oh yeah" And thats it. Im in charge of the bills so I guess he thinks if I buy it, then we can afford it but thats not always the case.}(

Cathy** DD wanted to make posters last night but I didn't think there was a need. I think we will probably go to DH's work and print off some posters with his picture on today.

Well, its windier and colder then I thought it was but I think I will still go for a run. I will just wait a little longer so that DS doesn't find it as chilly.

Lori-LOL-I needed that laugh:)Thanks

Cathy-Im trying to lose right not("Trying")I've lost a great deal of weight over the past two years and im done to my last 30pds(more or less)so my body is hanging on to it with dear life,lol!

Sara-lol-I do the SAME THING;-)I hate shopping for dress clothes and only own one pair of dress pants too(which I just purchased not to long ago)i borrowed a dress for a wedding a couple of weeks ago.Im a jeans and t-shirt kinda gal! and love my lounge clothes for around the house!

Im feeling a little better(thanks in part to Ibuphrophen) but I just know that once I get dressed and pull out all the equipment for bm2 I will change my mind about doing it! Im still decidingx( i hate when I can't make my mind up!

well,im off the see if my workouts have been shipped yet}( bbiab

Just got back from a run and my HRM is saying I burned 810 cals!:) Ill take it. That seems more accurate but I think it may be a little high. I went for a walk last night with afriend and she wore my old HRM, she also wore it the night before and she burned 335 cals and last night she only burned 235 cals! But the HRM I wore told me I burned 125 the first night and 150 the 2nd...atleast it was a little more reasonable instead of being out like 100 cals. We will see what this one tells me the next time I am running.

Amelia, glad to hear you are feeling better! DH is comming down with something and I am hoping it won't get passed through the house;(

Lori, just had to pop in to tell you my heart is breaking over your dog!!! I am so sorry. I sure hope you get news today - this is so hard.

Nice run!

I ran 60 minutes this morning. That's it. Off to work!

Amelia, I do hope you are feeling better, my dear!

Cheryl

Hey Girls:)

Im done with my workout-did LIC ub circuit premix! I loved it! although I added in some extra upperbody for a grand total of 70minutes:+ !

My throat feels better so im guessing its allergies so I started my allergy meds agian!

Lori-Great run-did you say 810cals:eek: :eek: :eek: good going!

Cheryl-Thank you MAM;-)I do feel better. Great job on your run!

Hey to everybody else! I've got some cleaning to do so I'll bbl

Hello everyone. This is becoming a loooong day for me. It's a school holiday today and tomorrow so I had to take both boys with me to the grocery store. Ugh, what agony. I survived and got it all put away and got them fed. Then I couldn't find a screw that fell out of the bottom of Ewan's highchair. So I was crawling around on the floor looking for it and kept noticing places I need to clean (like the floor in little corners and under the stove--places that are really hard to clean. I hate it when I notice all those things but don't have a lot of time to really clean them. Also, I have PMS so I kind of have an urge to clean but not a lot of energy. As soon as Ewan goes down for a nap I'll be doing GS Back, Shoulders & Biceps. I'll see if I have time to clean after that.

OK, very boring post so far. Let me catch up on everyone else.

Lori, I hope your dog comes home soon! I've had several dogs, cats, and one duck in the past so I know how hard it is when one runs off!

Sara, good luck with the dress shopping with kids! I know how that can be (since I had the grocery shopping today with my 2-year old and 5-year old--agony, like I said. At least I didn't have to take them into a dressing room with me to get groceries.

Amelia, I've been feeling like I might be coming down with something since yesterday afternoon (though it might be a combo of pms and allergies). Surely we aren't passing germs via the internet?!? As for Cathe's shipping, I think a lot of it depends on location. I live in southern New York so I usually get stuff pretty quickly (like within a day or two) but I know people in California have to wait quite a bit longer.

Welcome Cathy! I'm one who's trying to lose weight--I've lost 25 lbs but I'm struggling to lose the last 15. I officially want to lose 15 but once I get to that goal weight I might want to lose 5-10 more--just wanted a more realistic goal weight.

OK, speaking of buying workouts, I'm going to make a naughty confession here. My DH is super tightfisted and complains about spending. I brought home a great pair of brown loafers last week that only cost $9. I thought he would be impressed at such a good deal (they were heavily discounted in the DSW clearance aisles) but instead he said it was "$9 too much." That's just an example of how cheap he is. (He might not have complained if they'd been sexy stiletto heels, though.) Anyway, it's not like we can't afford to buy a few Cathe workouts, but he's just so terribly cheap that I found a way to hide a few of my purchases. I purchased a couple Visa gift cards at the grocery store (with the rest of my grocery order)--only one card at a time so it wasn't too expensive. He doesn't check my grocery receipts--just checks the bank statements online. So I ordered the workouts with the gift cards. Isn't it terrible? I feel guilty sometimes about being sneaky, but I also feel like he is unreasonable about spending. There are plenty of things I restrain myself from buying and I'm pretty careful with money. He admits we live below our means nowadays so I hate to hear his complaints about $9 shoes and the like. And as far as shoes go, he has no idea how many shoes women need (let alone want) since he gets by with about 3 pairs of shoes: one dress, one casual, one athletic.

OK, that confession was also a rant.

Cheryl, hope you're having a great day at work--sounds like you're busy as usual.

OK, my toddler has again filled his pants so I'm off to do my messy job and then put him down for a nap.

Lainie

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=teal font size=+1]***Lainie***

http://web.mac.com/lainiefig/iWeb/Site/Exercise/Exercise.html

"The worst loneliness is to not be comfortable with yourself." -- Mark Twain[/font]

Hi girls,

Last night I did High Step Training Advanced!:) Just finished High Step Challenge!}(

Cathy great workout this morning! I am also trying to lose weight! Cathy you are absolutely beautiful! It was nice to meet you on the RT!

Lori hope you enjoyed your run this morning!

Amelia hope you start feeling better soon!:) Nice workout!

Cheryl glad you enjoyed your run this morning!

Laine hope you like your new shoes! I just bought new shoes for $49.99!

Have a great day! BBL!
Belinda

Hi Cheryl!

Lori :: It's possible you burned that much. How long did you run? I think the average rule of thumb is that a 150 lb. person burns about 100 calories per 10 minutes of running. 'Course, if you weigh less, you burn less.

Amelia :: Congrats on your weight loss so far! Mine seems to be holding on for dear life, too. *lol*...So, did your w/outs ship yet?

Lainie :: Congrats, to you, too on your progress so far!...Cracked up at the end of your post about your son filling his pants.

Belinda :: thank you for those kind words! I'm sorry I wasn't an official part of the RT, but it was cool to meet you if only briefly. Are you back in the Vaterland now?

I enjoyed a nice & easy 3 mile run, LIC u/b sculpt and the abs from Amy Bento's 10 Min. Solutions. I need to get showered up and then get myself gathered together for work tomorrow.

Have a great night!

Laine, LMAO! Oh my God thats to funny! hahaha I LOVE IT! Just b/c you don't work doesn't mean you don't work hard at taking care of your boys and keeping your house up. You deserve to buy some treats for yourself and if it means being a little sneaky for peace and quiet! I say DO IT!

Cathy, it does seem awfully high. I still think I burn about 6-700. Im 127 lbs 5'4" and I ran for 75 mins. I guess I should just be greatful I can run that long!

Our dog is home:) The shelter called and said he had been spotted on the highway...not a good place for an animal. By the time DH got there, he was gone again. They had to bring Chico (our other dog) with them, to lure him out of the woods.He just wouldn't come out, he was to scared. I don't know if he was spooked,or if he thought he was in trouble. Anyway...after 3 hours of searching they finally got him home! He is wiped!

Lori :: love the name of your other dog...Glad everyone's home safe and sound now... oh yeah, I would think you'd definitely burn at least 600 in 75 minute run. Do you wear a Garmin also?

Good night, everyone! I have to say, I definitely can't post this much normally during the work week. During the day when I'm at school, I actually have no downtime at all. But I'll do my best to keep up with all three threads.

I weighed myself tonight and am down 4 lbs. since Sunday. I know this must be too good to be true, but I was happy anyway!!

[font face="heather" font color=brick red size=+2]~Cathy [/font face] http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/4.gif
"Out on the roads there is fitness and self-discovery and the persons we were destined to be." -George Sheehan

My WORKOUTS SHIPPED TODAY http://bestsmileys.com/silly/5.gif[/img]

Cathy-Congrats on the four pounds lost:)nice job!

Lorie-YAH,your doggies back!

You guys have a great night!:)

Lori, THANK HEAVENS!!!! I am so glad your dear doggie is home and I'm sure it'll have you and DD feeling much better tonight. Wow. I've been worried about you all day. What a relief!!!

Have a wonderful night, everyone!

Cheryl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.