~*~* Weight Watchers Sunday~*~*

gidget1978

Cathlete
Good Morning:)

What is everyones plans for today? Not a whole lot going on here. When I woke up, I could hear the wind outside so I knew it wasn't a nice day out there. Its really dark still and I think its suppose to rain. I will probably do SJP today. I was suppose to do that one last week in my rotation but I ran instead...surprise, surprise!

I have to vent a little, even though no one may read this, I would like to get it off my chest. UGH! :) Remember DH's friend who lost our dog? Well, he doesn't seem to want to leave my house! Im getting really annoyed now! He hasn't had a easy life. He doesn't know who is dad is and his mom is a druggie who as been on social assistance all of her life...so its amazing he turned out as well as he did. But b/c of this, people always did things for him growing up and b/c of that, I think he expects people to "take care" of him and he takes advantage of the situations and I hate people who take asvantage of ones kindness. I don't care if he stays here every now and then but why all the time? He is staying with his uncle, who lives about 15 mins from here but it is in a different town altogether, so I can't blame him for not wanting to be out there on a weekend with nothing to do. But he also has to realize that DH isn't single anymore and he isn't going to be drinking beer with him every weekend.
He stayed here last week from Thursday to Sunday night.Then he was back on Tuesday till Thursday and Friday till now! I went for a run yesterday and called DH when I got home b/c I wanted to get a bath and I needed someone to watch the baby.He said that he had just given his friend a ride home and that he had to make one stop, in the same community and he would be home again. When he got here, is friend was back with him! I asked him, " I thought you took him home?" Apparently, he called DH before he left again and wanted to come back. He said to DH " I think I will go home tomorrow night" YA THINK??? Your f'in right your going home tomorrow!
I have people here all week long! My bro and dad stay with him for work reasons and now I have someone else here every weekend to? I can't even go around my house with no bra on!
Now don't get me wrong, I like him and he isn't annoying to be around but I don't understand why people assume your gonna feed them, buy them beer and give them a ride back and forth to their homes!? DH told him last night to stop drinking his beer and that he would take him to the store if he needed some...all of a sudden, he decides he doesn't want anymore beer. Probably b/c he doesn't have any money and pay day was only last Wed.
And it wouldn't be quit so bad if he offered to pay for something. Buy a pizza for supper...or buy the case of beer back that you just drank...but he doesn't. He just takes and takes...he is like a leach! He wears out his welcome so fast its crazy.And he also expects rides home and not pay for gas (we have a big truck that drinks gas) we took him home yesterday and he decided not to stay and now he wants a ride again today? Get a cab, I'd say! Oh and he was also here all last week for his lunches. Im not a restaurant. I fed him till I knew he had a paycheck but now he is on his own.

There! Got it off my chest!

Have a good day everyone and I will be back to report my workout! Oh and he is also sleeping in my workout area, which means I have to wait for him to get his lazy ass up so I can workout!

Lori:)

Hi ladies...

I am really sorry to say this, but I realized yesterday that the three check-ins *is* turning out to be a bit much for me. Keeping up with personals is tough, and I'm losing track of what I posted to whom and whether or not I'm repeating myself. I know I just got here, and you all have been so friendly and welcoming and seem like a *very* cool and FUNNY group of women! But another daily check-in was just a little too ambitious of me. Now I wouldn't want to be one of those people who posts only about herself and doesn't get involved, but I'd like to drop in now and then and say hello (or hallo!) :) Is that OK?

That being said...I have to respond to your vent, Lori...

Oh yeah, this guy is a bigtime mooch. Don't blame you one bit. You are absolutely right. And this guy's in your workout space?!! Oh yeah, it's time to get the boot! I give you a TON of credit for being as patient as you have been so far!

[font face="heather" font color=brick red size=+2]~Cathy [/font face] http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/4.gif
"Out on the roads there is fitness and self-discovery and the persons we were destined to be." -George Sheehan

Good Morning Girls:)

Cathy,Sure you can check in anytime you want-Sorry to see you leave though! I also check in on the Arrow thread in OF and sometimes find it difficult to check in there and here on some mornings,so I understand! It was very nice to meet you though and I'll see ya around cathe land...OK!;-)

Oh Lorie,How agravating...Cathy is right,you've got a ton of patience to have been dealing with his sh*t up until now! Yep,I think its time to have a little talk with your DH and with his friend! When DH and I first got married we also had one of "those" types hanging around-He was my DH'es friend and was a huge mooch.He only stayed for one weekend(he had no where else to go-and he just got out of JAIL for drugs)he mooched all weekend.DH and I had a huge fight over him(and he probably heard everything thing-remember we live in a very small place-I wasn't very nice)so he was gone by sunday night! I feel for ya!

Hey to the rest of the gang!

Im afraid I've also got a VENT to release!! Its about my MIL. Sometimes I feel the women is just impossible to get along with. Besides the fact that she lives next doorx( .When DH and I first met, the very first time I met her-I've never felt welcomed our comfortable around her.And still to this day I feel the same way. My DH is the baby out of six kids-so i've accepted the fact that whoever he married,she probably wouldn't of accepted anyway. But the women drives me mad sometimes with her little comments and the way she just makes up things, that I seem to do! Like for instance,ok-her daughter(Kathy)was the one that committed suicide,about three days after her death DH and I went to visit her(we were over there every night since Kathy's death).I think it was on a wedsnday-well that friday was grandparents day.My Dd's school was having a grandparents breakfast so I told my DM and she was going to take dd and have breadfast with her. Well when we were at my MIL's she brings up (out of now where) that she had intended to go to the breakfast,but since all that has happened she's not. Well the way she said it was terrible,like I didn't tell her about the breakfast on purpose or something. I figured DH would tell her since ME and HER don't talk anymore(it been like this since day one of our marriage) She so nosy too,she lives next door and looks out her window too see if the cars are gone and when there back she'll call to ask dH WHERE WE WENT x( x( . Im ready to scream-and DH won't admit the way she is either. I know my DM has her "ways" sometimes but dang,atleast I let her know when shes being that "way". My dh wont' say a thing to his mom.

OK,IM done....sorry so long but it feels better to get it off my chest!

bbiab.

Hi, gals -

Just checking in a minute from Denver to see how everyone is. Came for a weekend with my DH to see family. We're having a great time!
I did Slim Series Firm It Up yesterday morning in the hotel room and will workout in the hotel workout room today, I think.

Anyway, Lori, I don't blame you for feeling burned out over the mooch. You've been a saint about this. It's time for him to move on. I hope it gets resolved soon for your sanity's case.

Amelia, wow, it would be tough to have a nosy MIL right next door. I'm sorry for you, dear! Maybe you can teach DH a few funny answers to give when she calls and asks where you went. Like just "out."

Anyway, have a great Sunday morning, gals! I'll try to check in on my workout later.

Cheryl

Good morning ladies,

Sorry I have no time for personals:)Tomorrow I will fly to Germany with my DH and my two dogs! I still have so much to do and so little time! Haven't got a workout in yesterday (went to the Oktoberfest here on Fort Bliss), but will try to do one today? I'll see! I still haven't packed my suitecase!

I will check in when I can!

Cathy hope you check in when you can!!!

Best wihes,
Belinda

This seems to be the place to come if you want to vent:eek: :) I was at a breaking point just now as well. I started cleaning my house and you know how hard it is to clean with people under your feet? Well...not only did I have DH and his friend in the kitchen...his father shows up to. My MIL went to church so he figured he would get dropped off here. Now...how am I suppose to clean my kitchen floor with all these people walking on it. They finally went outside but I don't think I will be truly happy until DH takes his friend home.

Cathy, to bad you couldn't check in with us! I know what its like though cause I tried checking in somewhere else as well and I realized I couldn't keep up with everything.

Amelia, I can only imagine how aggravted you must be! My mom and bro live next door to each other so I am willing to bet that my SIL feels the same. Although, they keep there distance, any family member living right next door is to close.

Cheryl,glad to hear you are having a good weekend! Your a busy gal these days.

I don't think I am going to workout today. I think its gonna be a rest day. Im gonna clean, then get cleaned up and I have to do my MIL's hair later but I will put in a good workout tomorrow!

Lori:)

Wow....friends (of our dh's) and mil's can really suck!!!

Lori, Dh and I have had many, many battles over his dumba$$ friends. I feel for ya!!!

Amelia, we live next door to in-laws also. But, there is a field with trees so we can't see them and they can't see us....thank God!!!

Belinda, have fun on your flight!

Cathy, sometimes I feel like one check-in is hard, let alone 3!!

Well, better go, dh is golfing, 2 of my kids are at church with in-laws, and my 2nd ds and I are going to make banana bread and choc chip cookies. He loves to bake so we are going to spend some quality time making some goodies!!

Good Morning to all who follow....
Sara

Hey girls

I almost went for a walk this am to relieve some stress from my MIL.But my DM called and we talked so I feel better!

Lori-I hope your day gets better!

Belinda-Im sending you safe flight and fun flight vibes! I bet your excited!

Sara-I've thought about putting up a privicy fence between our houses but then I thought it wouldn't matter becouse she would probably "peek" over it,LOL

Cheryl-Im glad your having a fun time with family! My dh has had a pretty good sense of humor when It comes to my MIL calling and being nosy!Sometimes when she calls he'll ask her "why do you want to know?" then she quits for a while,LOL!

well everybody have a good day!:)I hope I didn't miss anybody!

Hello ladies.

I am always late to the party. Well, maybe not now that school has started and I'm getting up early on school days but I'm definitely late on weekends.

Yesterday I did (yet another) upper body workout. It was part of Amy Bento's All Pump DVD which is only about 40 minutes long if you do the whole thing, but more like a half hour for the upper body. I think I like it better than her All Pump Xtreme, even though there is so much more to APX. AP uses much less equipment so it flows better and the core work is perfect for me. It's not so complicated or difficult that it actually ends up being ineffective since I'm hopeless at the really tough stuff. It's tough but doable, which is my favorite kind of core work, but without any traditional crunches. I really feel it today in my abs, too, so it must have been good. I also added a little extra to the workout, like I thought there weren't enough pushups so I doubled that (glutton for punishment). That's partly because I can't even attempt them on my toes with the bad ankle. I'm not able to do many on my toes anyway but always at least try a few before going to knees.

OK, anyway, today is a rest day (and I need it). I need to figure out what my rotation will be this week. I'll probably continue with the upper body GS workouts and try some lower body no weight floor work, but I'm starting to worry that the ankle is still not good so I will take it very easy on that stuff.

{OK, have to interject a little story here. The only letter my 2-year old seems to know is "W". Right now he's on a toy phone saying "W...W...W...W". I guess he's ready to get on the internet soon.}

Wow, Lori, your story of the moocher sounds a lot like a situation one of my friends was in recently. They actually took in a mere acquaintance who they knew from the Netherlands who wanted to move to the U.S. They let him stay in their house briefly while he looked for a job. However, he didn't do much but sit around and mooch off them, ask for rides, etc. She finally had to practically push him out the door. I hope you get yours out soon! Hers was around for at least 3 weeks.

Cathy (if you see this), sorry you can't keep checking in but it's totally understandable. I have had the same problem before--mainly on the WW board where I just had to cut back on my daily postings. I was posting so much about working out and eating right that it was ironically cutting into my working out and eating right time! I post most on days like this when I have a rest day.

Wow, Amelia, your MIL sounds like the one from Everybody Loves Raymond, especially that she lives next door. You poor thing! I get along fairly well with my MIL, but don't know if I would if she lived close by. Any chance you can move away? I know, easier said than done! My sympathies are with you, anyway,

Cheryl, wish I were in Denver, too. I love Denver! My best friend used to live there but now she's in Columbia, MO--not nearly as interesting a place to visit.

Good luck on the flight to Germany, Belinda!

Mmmm, Sara, wish you could send some of those baked goods my way. Probably better for my waistline that you can't.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=teal]***Lainie***

http://web.mac.com/lainiefig/iWeb/Site/Exercise/Exercise.html

"The worst loneliness is to not be comfortable with yourself." -- Mark Twain[/font]

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.