~*~* Weight Watchers Saturday~*~*

gidget1978

Cathlete
Good Morning:)

I wonder how big Amelias head is today??? LOL Probably like mine last Saturday morning.
Not sure what workout I am doing today. It another nice day and the rotation calls for a run but I am kind of in the mood to do something else...what to do, what to do?

I weighed today and I was 124.6! Thats the lowest in a long time! I know a couple of summers ago I was alittle stressed and got to 125 but that didn't last long. This is probably the lowest since I was really strict with my eating a few years back and weighed 123.

Hope everyone as a good Saturday. No plans here. Oh we are getting together with my friends tonight who want me to babysit and we are having supper with them as well. I wont have to worry about anything bad comming my way though cause she signed up for ww's again last week.

Lori:)

Hi, WW’ers! http://mylalclass.com/cowwave.gif (<---that's me, I haven't been so good this week!) :D

I haven’t been able to read posts this week (it was another hectic one for me), but I’m going to try to pop in once a week or so to say hello!

Sara :: Sorry about DS being sick. Poor thing. The germs are out in full force at my school with quite a few students (and teachers) already sick, too. And it really is an endless cycle…I hope I can stay well this year!!…I am interested in hearing about the school’s absentee policy. I understand and FULLY support keeping a sick child home, but on the other hand, I have to admit I am concerned with what I have been seeing in the past few years with excessive absences in some students. The majority of parents – like you -- are responsible and caring and we absolutely respect their judgment, but unfortunately, there *are* some who will let their child stay home for not legitimate reasons. Some, because of their work schedules or other issues, don’t even know the child isn’t reporting to school. It puts the school in a tough position. The teachers scramble all year to try to get the student caught up, but in the end, the child still has pretty big gaps in his or her learning. There is only so much you can do when the child misses so many lessons. I have one boy who has missed my class 5 times already in 12 days. When I asked his classmates if they knew if he was sick, I was told he has a job and doesn’t come to school a lot. (He’s only 14.) So, I understand your frustration with the policy, but I also understand the school’s position in trying to do what’s best for the kids whose parents are not as responsible as you are…Hey, I *love* Yankee candles!! Esp. the fall scents!

Amelia :: have fun @ Six Flags!

Lori :: I’m glad to hear that one of your co-workers went to bat for you…I hope it works out in your favor…but I understand how disappointed you must be to have your “friend” turn on you this way…CONGRATS on your success at the scale!!

Lainie :: sorry you’ve been having headaches & migraines…I also get them and mine increased this summer. I am finally seeing a neuro about it early next month.

Hi to Belinda, Cheryl, & anyone else checking in!

This has not been my best week. As mentioned above, I was crazy-busy with work, and the past couple of days I veered off track with my eating, too. I'm not pleased with myself, but I'm regrouping and shaking it off. I have a BBQ at my sister’s today, but I will do my best to control the damage, work out hard these next two days and hope the scale isn’t too harsh with me on Monday’s WI.

Have a great weekend!!

[font face="heather" font color=brick red size=+2]~Cathy [/font face] http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/4.gif
"Out on the roads there is fitness and self-discovery and the persons we were destined to be." -George Sheehan

Good Morning Ladies!!

Cathy, good to "see" you!! I also understand why the policy exists...because of parents who are too lazy to get up and get their kids to school or parents (like you mentioned) just don't know, tto busy, etc. Our policy states that (and this is for elementary-high school) students can have 5 unexcused absenses in one semester. The absenses can be excused with a dr's slip. So everytime my child is sick, they expect me to take him to the dr to get a note. This is frustrating for me becuase I don't run to the dr at every sniffle. A lot of times I will call the dr office and they will tell me not to bring him in. The only time they really want to see your child is when meds are needed (such as sore throats, ear infections, etc.) If my kids have the flu, the dr office tells me to keep them at home unless their temp goes past 104.

What I don't understand about the policy is why it is the same for elementary and high school. Obviously, elementary kids get sick more often (especially the younger ones) than high school kids. I don't understand why they can't except my call in as an excused absence. Yesterday, ds probably could have gone to school. By the afternoon, he was feeling better, fever back to normal without tylenol, eating, and playing. But, since he was better, we sat down, did his make-up work, and went over some words that he was having trouble spelling.

Another situation last year happened where the principal and ds's teacher started taking the snacks away as discipline. I was so upset about Tyler having his snack withheld. So, I called the dr and they faxed in a note saying he is to have drinks and snacks throughout the day. The teacher and principal disregarded this note and did not follow it!!! They still took snack away if they felt the kids were too noisy lining up or if the playground was messy!! So why do I need a dr slip to prove my child's illnesses when they don't follow they one the dr office faxed to them. His teacher actually told me that she does not have to follow that note because it is not a medical condition. (she was very arrogant and "matter-of-fact, I am right" about it...) So why do I need to bring in a note for an excused absence when they think they can pick and choose what dr notes to follow???

See why I am upset?? I would totally respect and understand the policy if they would have respected my request of not withholding food as a punishment. They did not even respect my ds's dr's request. Anyway sorry for the novel, but this topic hits a sore spot with me!!!

Lori, I was going to tell you to keep your friends close and enemies closer!!! You can't trust anybody these days!!! Sometimes I wonder if "friends" are even worth the trouble. That is funny though, that your "friend" would not look at you when you were running. You should have ran up to her window, tapped, and waved }( }(

Lainie, do you ever drink caffeine? I drink 1-2 cups of coffee every morning. If I don't and the afternoon hits, I have the worst headache in the world!!!

Good morning to all who follows! Don't know if I will be back. Ds has a football game. Then we are going grocery shopping and getting his bday party cupcakes. I just hope my other 2 kids stay well until after the party on Sunday!

Have a great weekend!!!!

Sara

Oh, I forgot to tell Amelia to HAVE FUN AT SIX FLAGS!!! It should be nice, perfect weather for it!!!

Sara

Good Morning Ladies!

HEY CATHY-Im glad you had a chance to check in:)I too haven't been eating like I Shouldx( The scale isn't being very nice either! But I have also been working out like crazy the last couple of weeks so maybe its muscle(yea,right;-)).Any hoot! Have fun at the BBQ! And you too have a great weekend!!!

Lori-Your Too Funny girl:)Thanks for the laugh!Congrats on the weight lose:)I think I've found what you lost;-)
I don't understand people sometimes...one minute there your friend then the next...its like their another person! I hope everything works out for you in the end:)have a great time today!

Cheryl-Belinda-Lainie-Sara,How are you guys doing?

Belinda-I hope everythings ok over in Germany!

Well,I hope I don't get sick today:eek: I haven't been on amusement park rides in about eight years so Im not sure how my body will react!Also, no workout for me today since i'll be walking the entire afternoon,LOL!

Everybody have a great saturday!:7 I'll try and check in later!

Girls I forgot to ask for your oppinion on Butts&Gutts! Im considering purchasing it but not sure if i really need it! I have Legs and Glutes,is it similar to that one?

I just bought Im2/C&W last week,My DH wasn't to thrilled with that either!(but he got over it very quickly;-)lol)

My lowerbody/stomach is my problem area-Im just not sure about buying another workout-what if I rarely use it?

Just a quick pop in! I just finished BM2 premix bootcamp. Good workout. Ive did it before but I must have been lazier b/c I didn't think it was as hard today. Not to say I didn't get a good workout though.
Ill BBL to read everyones post!
Lori:)

Sara :: I can absolutely see why it’s a sore spot, and I don’t blame you for being frustrated with the double standard. Withholding snack as punishment is plainly ridiculous and unfair. Positive reinforcement is a much better option. Sorry your DS had such an unreasonable teacher! I hope it’s better this year. Is it possible that if you explained the situation to your doc’s office, they might write the note?…BTW, if I could share one tip with parents when it comes to communicating with the teacher…it goes a long way if you can contain your anger (I know that’s not always easy) and give him/her a chance to respond. And I know this sounds schmoozy, but starting off an email with a compliment is always good. e.g. “Dear Mrs. Crotchety…I want to thank you for blahblahblah. Tyler loves your class and always comes home excited to share news about the fun projects you are doing.” Then bring up the issue in question. Most teachers really do want to do right by the kids, and approaching her this way (so she doesn’t feel attacked) makes it more likely that you’ll get a favorable response.

Amelia :: hope you’re having fun (and not getting sick!) on the rides…B&G is a must-have, IMO. It is the mother of all lower body w/outs. I doubt it would collect any dust.

I did Basic Step (for the first time) this morning followed by a strong 3 mile run. I ordered that DVD for Body Fusion but figured since I'm so step-challenged, it would be worthwhile practice. I did break a sweat but generally found the moves easy. Yay! Where I really need practice, though, is in some of the more complex vids where Cathe does turns away from the step. That's when I get totally lost. Still, I'm glad I have this workout for lighter days.

[font face="heather" font color=brick red size=+2]~Cathy [/font face] http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/4.gif
"Out on the roads there is fitness and self-discovery and the persons we were destined to be." -George Sheehan

Ouch. Yesterday I did the floorwork and abs premix on Butts & Guts. I didn't even use the ankle weights and I'm so sore today. My abs, obliques, and heinie are all very sore. Hard to sit down. I can't believe I have such DOMS without even doing the firewalkers or other standing work. Of course, I'm a bit out of practice with lower body work, so I guess that's why.

Today I plan to do GS just Back & Biceps premix (though my back hurts a bit too--probably from the core work).

DH and I stayed up too late again last night (again) so I slept until 8:30 (though Isaac was up and kept coming in my room to tell me he was going potty or to ask if it was time to get up or to inform me he could hear Ewan was awake). I eventually had to drag myself up to let Ewan out of bed, but DH slept until 10. He also was up much later than I was playing his silly video game.
4.gif

Wow, Lori, 124.6! Wish I were there with you!

Cathy, I was a bit off-track with my eating this week as well. I don't think I ruined my week or anything, but I know I wasn't doing my best. Sometimes it's just that I get in a hurry and don't take time to make the best choices.

Sara, I have had those caffeine withdrawal headaches before, but it didn't seem to be the case this week. I have been pretty consistent about having a half cup of coffee in the morning every morning. I think it was mostly hormone-related. I have a gynecologist appointment in mid-October so I will talk to her about that then. I feel for you with the school situation. We haven't been in school that long and Isaac has so far been healthy (knock on wood). My problem with school is the deluge of papers and paperwork that comes home every day from both the elementary school and the nursery school. Ugh. Of course, I know it's even worse for teachers (I taught high school for one year). Today we got a letter in the mail about "Back to School Night" with all kinds of details about the time of day, the program, a map of the school, etc. However, they neglected to mention to very important things: 1. the day of the event, and 2. whether we can bring our kids along or not. Luckily I found a paper I got a few days ago from the PTA that mentions in passing that Back to School Night is Thursday, the 27th. You'd think they'd mention that in the mailing, though. And this is supposed to be a really good, award-winning school.

Amelia, have fun at Six Flags. I love that place (well, the ones I've been to--Texas and St. Louis). Oh, as you can see from above, I did part of B&G yesterday. I think it's a great workout and gives me more DOMS than any other lower body workout--even when only doing a premix like yesterday. Actually, I don't think I have even tried the whole workout yet--I've only done premixes! It's worth it for the firewalkers alone.

OK, gotta go make a late lunch for my boys (they had a late breakfast so that's o.k.).

p.s. I posted new pics on my blog (link below). Check it out if you get a chance and let me know if I look better or if it's all in my head. And try to be honest--I know you will all be sweet about it.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=teal]***Lainie***

http://web.mac.com/lainiefig/iWeb/Site/Exercise/Exercise.html

"The worst loneliness is to not be comfortable with yourself." -- Mark Twain[/font]

Hi, everyone - Lori, just had to pop in and say KUDOS to the friend who stood up for you at work with the job board and I'm so glad you are pushing the issue. What if you hadn't, the backstabber got the position and you ended up babysitting the kids???? It would be so unfair. I just hope this all comes out soon in your favor.

And congrats on the scale, big time. I am so jealous and so impressed. I need to finally lick this last 10 lbs for good. Our office is starting a weight loss challenge together on Tuesday, so I'm in, big time.

Yesterday I finally got my IMAX2 fix.

Today was PUB and now cardio. Hmmm, what shall I choose?

Amelia, yes you need B&G!! I seldom do the entire workout in one stretch (although it's sure worth it when I do) but the bonus segments seem to find their way out every 3-4 days and I love-love-love them. You can do the bonus sections in under 30 minutes and get a good core/glutes workout right there as a nice add-on to whatever else you're doing that day.

Am I an enabler or what?

Have a great Saturday, everyone!

Cheryl

Hey Girls...I hope I didn't wake anybody LOL,its around Midnight in my corner of the woods! I can't seem to sleep so I here I am:7!

Had fun today,but im already sore...everywhere x(! We walked around for about six hours and rode like six rides! Most of the time we spent waiting in line to ride the rides. DH and I were in line to ride the batman(loved it)and there was a women in front of us-well I turn my head to talk to my DH and turn back around and she has invited(at what appeared to be)her SIX children(that were behind me) to get infront of her x( x( x( call me old fashioned but what happened to Manners? It took all my effort not to ask her "just what in hell she thought she was doing!" (not to mention what she was teaching them?) But Im sure she got the idea from my eat sh*t looks http://bestsmileys.com/angry1/4.gif ! Six flags is definitely a kids place!

so after six flags We came home then I went grocery shopping to accommdate my fresh,new,cleaner diet;-)!

well,everybody have a good night:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.