~*~*~MELT Your Heart Out This Weekend! ~*~*~

Hey everyone,

I got up early (at 5:00) b/c I couldn't sleep thinking about the August RT! When DH got home yesterday, I was looking at the info and sighing, and he told me to just try to get a spot. We have (in theory) a free plane ticket from our credit card that I'm going to try to use, so that will bring the cost down. Hooray!

Lainie -- You're up so early!! I just sent you an email and am SOOO excited about August! What cute shoes you got yesterday!

Jennifer -- Glad you got so much done yesterday with your errands. How is your ankle feeling today?

Tneah -- Hope you have a nice drive to SD, and check in with us when you can!:) Glad DH's back is feeling better. How is your back?

Deb -- Any news about when you can go pick up the new pup?

Robin -- How was game night last night? Maybe you could pop in for Cathe's Friday morning step class in August, too . . . .

Shannon -- Will you be taking a weekend break from the computer?

Shelley -- Did you get your morning run in? I wish we were at the same RT!:-(

Alright, gonna go eat breakfast -- oatmeal with protein powder. Yum!

Morning all!

I think today is going to be a puttering day. I haven't done my run yet, so I'll do that later on. I want to go do a bit of shopping, some scrapbooking, some cleaning... that kind of day.

Leanne - yay for free plane tickets!

Lainie - thanks for starting new Scrabulous and Scramble games!

Hello Melters.

Hope you all get in your weekend workouts, I miss it greatly.

Stopping by to say Hello before I put on my foot up for awhile and decide what to do today, not yard work or the mall.

Nice surprise, my grocery bill including gift card came out less than expected. That hasn't happened in awhile.

Thinking about driving to Detroit and the island I grew up on but the walleye are running and the azales are out so it might be crowded to get there.

BBL

Leanne, you are soooo lucky. I kept hinting about the August trip, but we really don't have that much spare cash laying around. Our house is starting to fall apart and we need to start saving for some remodeling. I don't thing I'll be able to make August's pre RT either. I have the week off so we will probably be visiting family and friends at the beach.

Shelley, have fun puttering.

Jennifer, have a nice day relaxing, whatever you decide to do.

I'm working and plan on doing 4DS Bootcamp when I get home. I'm liking the rotation, but am glad I only have one week of it left. I'm getting a little bored with 4DS.

Did you all see that SNM said that there are still spots available for August (hint, hint)??

Robin -- It would be so wonderful to meet you in person this year, but I know about the money issue. If you could share a room, though, would you be able to swing it? I need a roomie! :) I found out on Thursday that I'm getting that extra bonus in August, which is what helped tip the scales in favor of me being able to go. I really like 4DS, too, but also get tired of doing it for too many weeks in a row.

Jennifer -- Just be sure not to walk around on that ankle too much! Remember that it still needs time to heal! I saw that you asked about open spots for the RT -- are you thinking you might be able to go? It would be great if you could! What island did you grow up on? That sounds like it would have been wonderful!

Shelley -- We've got the same sort of day planned . . . I'm trying to wrap up my cleaning and then will hopefully do some beading. Did you ever get that OttLite? It might be a nice belated b-day treat to yourself!:)

Leanne, I'd really, really, really love to share a room with you, but it's not going to happen this year. I'm aiming at 2010 for the next time I'll be able to do a RT. I figure some of the folks going this year won't be able to afford two years in a row, like me, and will be ready again in 2010. Now, if only my knees hold out that long.

ETA: You need to convince Tneah to be your roomie. You guys would have a blast. Don't be afraid. Everyone is nervous at first, but are all there to share the same wonderful experience of working out with Cathe and meeting forum friends.

I grew up on an island called Grosse Ile. It's on the Detroit River and the mouth of Lake Erie, right near the infamous Canadian Boblo Island. It started out as a wildlife bird sanctuary with cottages.
It's really pretty and very exclusive place to live(I feel blessed to have lived there).

Going to check on the road trip link now.

Hey girls!

Still puttering away here. I went to the mall and actually bought things. I bought this dress:

http://www.rw-co.com/collection/?sex=f

and a pair of cropped pants in a stone colour and a pair of black pants with really skinny white pinstripes.:)

Now I'm on laundry load #2 and bathrooms.

I'm supposed to run today but I have a strange hankering to do the original Bodymax. Weird.

Hello Fellow Melters!

It was a busy day today with errands. DH and I hit our local Greek breakfast diner, then dropped off those 4 big bags of clothes I gathered last weekend at the AmVets location, went to Home Depot for mulch, picked up 2 hanging baskets, library, pet store.. you get the drift! No workout for me today.. it is HouseMax, laundry etc.

I was getting myself all psyched up to work outside in the yard and it started raining. x(

Still waiting to hear from the breeder on which day of the June 7 weekend we should arrive. We will be staying at least one night.

It was pretty busy around here yesterday...I feel like I am mile behind everyone..

Shelly:
Sometimes we need those types of day...putter away! Love the dress by the way!

Robin:
We have hardwood floors too..what do you use to clean yours? Did you have fun at the game night? What the heck is Pirates Booty? Doing the Friday class sounds like a good compromise to doing the whole RT..You are lucky you live pretty close and don;t have to fly to get there.

Lainie:
Thanks for getting us started today...Cute Shoes! Where do you put them all? I have a lot of shoes from over the years, most are pump type that we used to wear with suits for work..I never wear them but have a hard time giving shoes away! How great that Leanne will be at the RT with you!

Leanne:
Cudos on the weight loss! Congratulations on going to the RT!! ..:7 How great that you will be able to use a free plane ticket too! How was the play?

Tneah:
No way would you ever look like a "linebacker"! Glad to hear your DH is better..have a safe trip! What is the brand of fat free sugar free ice cream that you eat? Is it good? ( or relatively good? LOL)..for FF, SF? Thaks for the JumpSnap review.. I kind of thought it might not be all it was touted to be.

Jennifer:
Glad you were able to do all that shopping! The salad sounds good at Panera..I will have to try it out. We have a lot of those around here. That island sounds like heaven.

Have a great day!

Deb

Hello everyone. I'm back. Isaac had his first T-ball game today. No idea if his team won--not sure if there is a winner in T-ball. Or maybe I should say I'm not sure that there is a loser. They were so darn cute in their ineptness. He actually did better than I expected--except he'd whack the ball and then stand there until urged several times to run. Oh well. Afterward we went to Target and got him some bases to practice running around and a net thingey to practice throwing. Brian's busy putting together the net thingey now.

I also took a very brief unscheduled nap after putting Ewan down for his nap. I just sort of collapsed on my bed for about a half hour until I made myself get up again. I have a nasty headache today. I think it might be hormonal as TTOM approaches. At least it's not a migraine--haven't had one of those in a while.

Leanne, just answered your email. I'm so glad you'll be on my trip. (Look, now it's MY trip. As if the August RT is now the Lainie Road Trip and not the Cathe Road Trip :p)

Shelley, sounds like some fun puttering today. I LOVE that dress you bought! But you often like what I buy so I guess we have similar taste. :)

Robin, you sound like me. The 4DS is a great series, but a few weeks of anything gets boring. I get bored with more than a week of anything, actually. That's why I keep a large rotating DVD collection.

Jennifer, the island where you grew up sounds so lovely! I just grew up on little tiny back country roads in north Texas--not very exciting but I have some funny stories to tell.

Deb, wow, you sound productive this weekend! I have a small house, so shoe storage can be a problem, but I have double doors on my closet so I keep a hanging shoe bag on the backside of each door. I also have a shoe rack on one side of the closet where I keep my boots and stuff. Then there's a couple random boots on the other side. So I make due. I'm thinking about getting a storage bin to put in the basement with my out-of-season boots and shoes like I do my clothes.

OK, going to go check in with the rest of Cathe-land.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=green]***Lainie***
fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com
http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif
"If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans."[/font]

Greetings from San Diego!:)

The trip was uneventful, although DH and his back, me and my sciatic nerve thing that seems to only bother me when sitting in a car for hours on end drove us crazy!:+ :+ But we are here, Georgie in tow safe and sound. My computer is hooked up and working fabo, thanks to our new captain!:7 So happy, we will even take the boat out tomorrow!!!I will take pictures, maybe we will see the sea lions, which I go totally ape when I see, I am such an animal freak. I almost feel like I am on vacation, what is it about the water and boat that makes you want to strip off your clothes and shoes and break open a beer? And I don't even drink beer!

Ok, whats up girls? Shelley, loving that dress, I bet you look beautiful in it, and new pants for summer too? Very nice.:)

Leanne, you will find a roomie...with your sweet disposition you could get along with anyone, I am so excited for you, I know how much you really wanted to go and now you are!:7

Lainie, your description of Issac hitting the ball and sort of standing there was so cute! My dad used to coach t-ball, and thats what little kids do, I love it!:7 So adorable. How is your head?

Robin, I love 4DS too, but you are right, after those 4 weeks are up, you are so ready to do something else aren't you? Hope you are having a great weekend.If I can manage it, I will attempt photos of unsual birds just for you.

Jennifer, where you grew up does sound so pretty, glad to hear your ankle is getting better and better.

Deb, you were a whirlwind of organized activity, boy oh boy!:D I am proud of you, doesn't it feel good to be rid of stuff?

Hi to Shannon! Time to go gather things like water, food, etc...and sort of acclimate myself--good to "talk" to you guys, see you later gators...:)

Hey all,

OK, so what is the OAL group anyways? I see it in the signature files, but is it another check-in group?

Shelley -- LOVE that dress! It is so dang adorable and spring-like!

Lainie -- Got your email, but haven't had time to respond yet. It'll be so great to meet in person! Is your headache any better?

Tneah -- Glad you all made it here safely, even though your backs are bothering you! And is it your Mac laptop that the new captain (AKA Cpt. Clooney) was able to set up for you? I hope so! Oh, yes, send us some photos! Did you hear about the great white shark attack off of Solana Beach? Just try to stay clear of that area!:) And don't forget to check out the Macy's at Fashion Valley; I'd steer clear of that mall on weekend b/c it gets super crowded, but head there during the week. I wish you would go on the RT in August!:-( By the way, chica, I was thinking this morning about how you are such a dang inspiration to us all! You've accomplished so much and have worked so hard -- and I hope you're not stressing as much about the diet plan. :)

Robin -- Of course your knees will hold out until 2010, and many more years after that! :)

Jennifer -- Sounds like a beautiful area you few up in! Can't believe you grew up on an island. How wonderful! And don't worry -- you'll be back to working out soon enough. Is your nephew's b-day party tomorrow afternoon? Will a lot of your family be there? Sounds fun!

Deb -- Our play is tonight, so I'll let you know how it is. That Greek diner sounds delightful. I think we're going to try out a fondue restaurant that one of DH's students gave him a gift card to. Definitely not low-calorie!:-(

Shelley, congratulations on the productive shopping trip. The dress looks like it is perfect for you. What shoes? (Tneah, Lainie, chime right in here)

Deb, we have Bruce flooring and I use a product they make called One Step. It cleans and shines. I love the way it looks, but it stinks and has to dry, so it is a full day's work, moving all the furniture back and forth across the room. Pirate's Booty is a cheddar cheese flavored puffed rice/corn "natural" snack. DH says he doesn't like it, it's not junky enough.

Lainie, LOL at the August trip now being the Lainie Road Trip. I love to watch little kids play tee ball. So cute.

Tneah, sorry the drive was uncomfortable, but I'm glad you made it safely. Sounds like the new Captain has things under control. Have fun and I'll be waiting for the bird pictures.

Leanne, I almost had my DH agreeing to the August RT. Then he remembered that we are supposed to be in VA Beach that weekend and it would mean cutting his vacation short. Oh well, I'm OK with not going, as long as you promise to try for 2010. The OAL group is the Order of the Arrow Ladies who post on the Open Forum page with the arrows (<---) everyday. It's loads of fun and open to everyone. We love company. Last year we all got tee shirts that Emily designed, using Shelley's daughter's artwork. (Order of the Arrow Ladies - We punch, crunch and lunch.)

I'm all done with 4DS Kickbox etc. Time to get some dinner. See you all tomorrow.

Hi Robin -- Yes, we'll definitely have to plan for 2010! What a shame that the weekend overlaps with your vacation, but you'll have a blast in VA Beach! Ah, I was wondering about the arrows! I love reading them, but have obviously never chimed in. It always looks like everyone has so much fun with them! Who originally started the group?

We're heading out to dinner and the theater in a little bit. Hope you all have wonderful evenings! :)

Hello Melters.

Did some icing of the foot today so no road trip at all. Bought some clothes at JCPenney for summer.

Decided not to sign up for the RT. My parents 50th is just after it and it could be costly.

My nephew, Max, will have a big party. Most of my SILs family will be there but only my parents and I will be there. My only other sibling that lives in MI is on a Harley Davidson cruising around NV with his friends.

BBL on Sunday.

Shelley-Your dress is very pretty.

Good morning all,

Busy day today. We have a First Communion party to go to that I totally forgot about until last nightx( ..I had my day all planned out, working out, getting clothes and things ready to pack for my trip tomorrow, then this hits me at around 7 pm..ugh! DH is not happy because he had planned to go fishing this afternoon.. need I say more? Now I have to rush out, by a card etc. Then go to this party at 2:30. I am in a quandry about working out too.. nothing appeals today and I have gained a couple of pounds.x( ..

Lainie:
The T-ball sounds so cute! I too have a 24 pair hanging shoe bag over my closet door, and 3 large Rubbermaid containers filled with off season shoes/boots. Way too many to keep storing.

Tneah:
Glad you made it safely to SD. Too bad about the sciatica though..

Leanne:
Fondue sounds great! Once in a while you have to splurge.

Robin:
I have heard about One Step..I think. Is Bruce Flooring a brand of hardwood? Thanks for the info on Pirate's Booty.. I am glad I don;t like cheddar flavored stuff.. thank goodness or it would be another thing I would have to try to avoid!

Jennifer:
Did you have fun shopping? what did you buy? You know how we are about clothes and things around here! We need to know! LOL.

I will check in later...Not sure if I can start tomorrow's thread. I have to leave the house around 6:30 to get to the airport etc.

Have a good week if I don't get back here!

Deb

Hello Melters.

Deb-You can still workout and your DH can go fishing, only stay at the party for an hour. Lots of First Communions happenning today.

Tneah-Hope you're doing OK, don't know too much about sciatica.

Leanne-I love fondue. We have a place called The Melting Pot, which is all fondue. Decided not to go to the RT, it'll set back my financial gains (some of them)I've made this year.

Robin-Never heard of Bruce flooring.

My big JC Penney purchase was supposed to be a summer sweater they showed on an online ad, but the stores don't carry it. So, instead, I got two v-neck tees, one in royal blue and the other in yellow, that look like knock off Talbots. Only mine were $5. each. Same material and same sewing as the Talbot brand. Dress Barn, I got their classic $9.99 shorts that last forever with a sweater, a friend calls it maternity look..One more reason to do CoreMax.

For Max, I'm giving him a $25 gift card from Meijer. He's in a chair and I believe now, since Maddie passed away, it'll be someone like her in his life to give him the determination/motivation to get him out of his chair. He's in PT/OT continually.

My foot is still sore on top, my bruising is almost gone. A little icing will help out for this party today. No plans to workout this week, I miss it ALOT.

BBL

Hi all,

The play we saw last night was wonderful. It was called _Beethoven, As I Knew Him_, and it was one man telling the story of B's life and playing his music. We saw him do his Gerswhin (sp?) play last spring, and it was also amazing. DH's stomach was bothering him, so we ended up not doing fondue beforehand. Next time, for sure!

I've been feeling too boyish since Friday, when I got my hair cut. I told her I wanted it shorter, but every time I cut it short, I end up feeling not-very-feminine. It's boy-short in the back, with longer pieces up front, and it's also too dark right now. Ah, well!

Today I was going to do Tracey S's new circuit workout again, but I might attempt all of BM2 since I need the calorie burn. (I'll have to channel your BM2 energy, Jennifer! I have such a tough time with doing the entire workout!) I did some sections from her new core workout yesterday, and my abs are a bit sore today. Love it!

Deb -- So sorry to hear about the unexpected party! Is there any way that you could skip out?? After all, you *do* have a lot to do before you leave! Will you be gone all week? We'll miss you!

Shelley -- I'm not surprised you started the OAL thread! It's such a fabulous idea! Will you wear any of your cute new clothes today? I'm so in love with that dress you got!

Jennifer -- Was Maddie Max's wife or girlfriend? Has he been doing OK? Sounds like a tough situation for him. It's too bad that you won't be able to swing the RT, but it's good to stay on top of finances. Sounds like you got some great bargains with your shopping! We don't have Dress Barns out here, but they sound great. And stay off that foot -- you'll be working out soon enough!

Tneah -- Do you know where Balboa Park is? The play we saw was at the Old Globe Theatre there, and I kept thinking that how much you would enjoy it with your piano and music background. Last night was the opening night of preview week (we do season tickets to the previews since they're a lot cheaper), and it should run for a couple of months. You and DH should really like it! Oh, and I wanted to THANK YOU again for the lovely skin care products! My skin is looking so good and glowy right now! Edit: Did you see that Laura on the OD forum is trying to organize a lunch for SD Catheites on June 7? If you're in town, you need to come!!!!

Hi to Robin, Lainie, and Shannon! I'll BBL!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.