~*~*~JAN 09~~*~Check in for Friday, Jan. 2

jojobean

Cathlete
Hi ladies!

Wow, Chris, what amazing pictures! You look great. I do remember you saying you had lost a great deal of weight. That's tough enough, but I think keeping it off for five years is even more impressive! Hope your son's friend is feeling better! Poor guy - to be sick at someone else's house.

So quiet at work here today. There's only three out of 16 of us here.

Today was Kelly Coffey-Meyer's Bootcamp. I woke up feeling "eh", but thought I'd feel better once I started working out. The workout felt "eh", probably because I did. I just never got into it. I'll have to try it again on another day. Think I just needed more sleep (not like I don't every day!)

Oh, can I just say one thing? Mint M&M's are evil, pure evil. Why, oh why, did the grocery store have to discount them to $1.25? Of course, I had to buy two bags. Couldn't stop eating them last night. So freakin' good! Hopefully the kids will find them while I'm at work.

Vilma, how's the kiddos? I don't think you've checked in in a couple days, hope you're all OK.

Beth, I PM'd you.

Waves to everyone else!!

BBL....

Joanne

Hi Everyone! Yes, keeping the weight off five years is very impressive!

I'm going to do KCM BC tomorrow -- did you mean that you didn't like the workout, Joanne? I previewed it, but haven't yet done it yet. I'm hoping to like it, of course!

I did FF's crazy combo this morning: PUB shoulders/MM shoulders/PLB no floorwork/4DS calves. Crazy! I did the 4DS LIS warmup because who can resist that hip-hop repeater afterall?! I did the MM stretch afterward, but I'm really feeling like I need a good long stretch. We'll see if I get one before Sunday.

Chris, I've been meaning to tell you.... that Trouble was a brilliant idea! I had forgotten how simple that game is, but it's fun, and the beauty of it is that it's really pretty impossible to cheat. My 9 yo is a repeat offender on the cheating, and it just seems winning is really important to him, but I think this game has finally taught him about luck of the "pop" and that winning isn't what it's about.

Oh, also on games... someone gave us the new Clue and the 9 year old is big into that, fwiw.

We are going to see either Marley & Me or Tale of Desperaux later -- it's supposed to rain here today. Have a great day!!

-Beth

Beth, I did like the workout - she has some different strength moves in it and some of the cardio is fun. I did the premix with both 30 minute workouts together. I just felt kind of blah this morning and couldn't get into it. So, I think the workout is good, but I couldn't do it justice this morning, if that makes sense? I'm thinking about taking the kids to see Marley and Me this weekend. Wanted to do it yesterday, but time sort of got away from us. Oh yea, board games with the boys in our house usually end up in accusations of cheating (usually true!). They do like Trouble. We have Clue, but they've never played it. That was one of my favorites as a kid.

Good morning! I'm taking a half day today so I can lounge around until 12! I'll figure out what workout I'll do in the next hr or two.

So, I tried Imax3 again and though I was having fun, I had to stop halfway through because my feet were killing me again. I think there are a couple issues...1) I think the double feet landing or any jump that requires both feet off and back on the ground has too much force on my feet. The next time I try, I'm going to really try to circulate the blood flow down there to see if it helps. 2) I think its time for me to buy new insoles. The bottom of my feet have been hurting a lot lately in workouts that didn't bug me before and its happening earlier and earlier too. So, I guess, yay, I get to buy new things. 3) If you guys can think of any modifications that would be really awesome. I realized that I could still probably do lunges to the front and back of the step during the double feet hops in the first interval, but I was brainstorming about other modifications for the other intervals so I can learn the workout better and eventually ramp up. But I really did like the step work in it. For whatever reason, I got the footing down almost immediately. This is on my resoluions for this year now and I imagine every couple days I'll take a stab at it. I eventually did Imax2 (minus the warmup) to get the burn on and I think I took the anger from my feet hurting from Imax3 into really burning up the calories in Imax2. DH realized this at one point and started yelling, "Channel that anger -- just not at me!" during Blast #7.

Oh, and something aewsome happened last night. We've been wanting to get a complete set of dumbbels (we have a sportblock from Go-Fit but we don't like the futzing we have to do with the pins sometimes) and we had been surfing through sales for complete sets. Frankly, I was annoyed because everything was 5-50 in 5lb increments where I wanted something from 5-30 in smaller increments. Last night I checked and then bought from someone on craigslist a 5, 8, 10, 12, 15, 20, 25, 30 rubber hex pairs of dumbbels with a rack for $150! It' so cool. DH and I were very happy. That comes near $0.60/lb. So, between my new troy barbell and my rubber hex set, I feel like I'm set on gym equipment for the new year (though I imagine I'll buy more!).

Joanne -- M&Ms ARE evil. Do you feel lonely at work when there are so few people. I get a lot of work done when there's no one around but I do get lonely. On Monday afternoon, it was only me and my boss for a couple hours in our respective rooms in the whole building! But I like the noise of chatter in the background. My husband works in IT at this huge corporate law firm and though every cubicle is filled, its dead silent and all you hear are computers buzzing. It would drive me crazy.

Chris -- I wanted to say, you look great. You should be so proud of what you've accomplished. May I ask what the hardest parts were losing that much weight? Did you ever hit plateaus? Did you ever fall off the wagon? and if you did, did you get on? I'm always curious of these things. I'm in an uptick for weight recently, but I have to say that the last ten pounds have taken forever to lose it feels (not including the uptick!) and its frustrating and disheartening sometimes. But I tell myself that I'm just doing something healthy for my body and to not lose discipline. But its definitely been harder lately!

BBL!

I talk too much. Two of you posted since I started!

Beth - that workout totally sounds insane!! Sounds like you have fun with the board games. My parents really shifted from some of those more "fun" games to more "thinking" games when I was younger (like chess or trivial pursuit or scrabble or boggle with 5-letter minimums) so I used to really enjoy playing those silly fun games with my friends when I could (and my sister was a terrible loser when she rarely did lose and she was a terrible winner and she mostly won!). Have you guys ever played Cranium with your children? Or I guess the younger kids' version of it? I played it a couple times in college and I always thought I wished we had this game when I was younger.

Ok, I have to figure out what to eat for breakfast!

Good Morning Everyone!
balloons.gif

Just got done a bit ago with FF's Combo too, like Beth: PUB: Shoulders, MM Shoulders, PLB w/ no floorwork. And then I just did PLB calves , instead of switching over to 4DS calves & did the PLB stretch. My legs were really not happy with me, since I did KM w/ the leg drills at the end. My a$$ was hurting walking up the stairs this morning! So the PLB was tougher than it could have been.

Thanks for peaking at my pics on QVC! It's weird, sometimes I need to look at those pictures to realize what I've accomplished. And YES!< definitely the maintaining for 5 years (actually almost 7 years now, I miss counted!!!) is my bigger accomplishment. And I totally realize that, because I see many people around me that lose/gain/lose/gain.

Joanne: Zach's friend ended up having a migraine from lack of sleep. I guess he does that. Poor kid. I'm sure he slept the rest of the day/night (that's what his mom says he does). Good for you for working out when you felt "eh". It's hard to do that!! esp. so early in the AM! Is there a lot of weight work in that Bootcamp workout? Ohhhh.. i haven't tried the Mint M&M's, but the Candy Cane Kisses were toooooo freakin good and I had to "hide" them for emergency use only!

Beth: Did you do BOTH the calf workouts? or just the 4DS one? My legs were really sore from KM from yesterday! I really need to do more stretching too. Oh yes! Trouble is an awesome game! And it's a cheap one, like under $10! We've had a lot of fun with it. And the boys miraculously have done very well with not winning (although its turned my 7 yr old into a unscrupulous player in trying to win!) Hmmmmm... I wonder if we have Clue. We used to! That's fun too!

On the "Marley & Me" subject, just be careful, it has an incredibly SAD ending (it's the story of a dog's life, that ends with old age... get the picture?). I read the book and bawled. and I heard that adults AND kids cried their eyes out at the movie itself. Just a heads up! I also heard that "Bedtime Stories" and "Devereaux" were both VERY good!

Hottie:
999.gif
for tackling IMAX3 again! I'd say the best modifier for me was doing the intense intervals OFF of the Step. I've done that before, when I feel like I might fall with a move, I just move to the back and do the move on the floor. VERY cool on the weights purchase!!! You do sound like you're building your own gym there!

So let's see if I can answer some of your questions on my weight loss. It always seems that what is hardest is what you're going through NOW. The last few years I have battled with 5-7 lbs that i can NOT shake for more than a month. It drives me batty!! But i do know what I NEED to do (clean up my eating on the weekends), I guess it's not that important to me if I keep making the same mistakes. Maybe I am just happy with my body the way it is? I can be. .... When I started losing weight, that was the easiest. I so got into Weight Watchers and counting points. My DH did it with me, and I ended up counting HIS points too. I was so into it then! I hated when he would lose more weight than me, though. Because I felt that I was working harder than him (LOL!). I found it a challenge to eat healthy outside of home and to make NONhealthy dishes , healthier. But I liked doing it, and finding good tasting "healthy" foods. Yes, I hit plateaus. For a week, sometimes 2. But i found that if I stuck with it, or maybe even changed up my eating/food choices, it would shake the plateau. I definitely had my "falling off the wagon", but it would mostly be for a day or 2, or maybe a meal or 2, and then I'd get right back on. over the course of the 16 months it took me to lose the weight, I always got right back on. I definitely fall off more now. I wonder what happened to that mojo I used to have too. I was SO disciplined! Even at work (which is my downfall now).

Hope I answered your questions!

We never played "Cranium" either, I'll have to check that out! Thanks for the recomendation!

Time to head out to Wally World..WOO HOO!!!

Chris, sounds like you need to rest those legs a bit! I almost wish I started FF's rotation. It sounds really good. There's a pretty good mix of weight work in KCM Bootcamp. There's a strength only premix which would probably be good for a weight day. Stay away, far away, from the Mint M&M's. Thank goodness they're only out at the holidays. I love mint and chocolate and these are just too good. You know what, your body probably is comfortable with those 5-7 pounds. You probably don't need to lose them. I have a really hard time staying below a certain weight. I can maintain a higher number somewhat easily (not during the holidays, though :(), but not a lower number.

Oh, I hope the kids handle Marley OK. They actually had a kids' edition of the original book and Colin read it. I don't know if it had the same sad ending or not. I might have to check his book. We watched ET together a few months back and the kids were crying. They were so funny, trying to hide it. But that does have a somewhat happy ending. My mom wants to see Marley and I told her we would take her. She's feeling really down - lots of stuff going on with my Dad. They're talking about putting him into long-term care, saying she wouldn't be able to take care of him at home. We've convinced her to get some help at home if they ever do release him, but she can't afford more than 10 hours or so a week. We have a meeting with the nursing home director and his doctor Monday, so hopefully we can have some answers and a plan. He has Parkinsons and some other health issues that have come up over the last few months.

Hottie, good for you for doing battle with Imax3! ;) I'm askeered of that workout! It really is high impact. The most success I had with it was when I only used the platform, no risers. Sounds like you do need some new shoes and/or insoles. Awesome find on the dumbbells! I have an odd collection - would love to have a matching set with stand! Yea, it is a bit lonely at work, but everyone that's here seems to be at this end of the floor. I guess we didn't get the memo! Speaking of that....must go do some work!

Joanne

Ok, so many things to comment on..... I hope I remember! First, I made the KCM BC comment before coffee! I meant KB. I'm doing her KB for the first time tomorrow. I did BC with kbell swings where her weight work was.

Mint m&m's...... I didn't know they made these -- and that's a good thing!!! Hopefully the store is sold out. My awful (awfully good?) discovery this year was hot cocoa kisses -- did you guys see those? They were so good! I ate way way too many.

Hottie, great score on the set of weights!!! I have one 25, and I want to get one to match and then a 30 -- maybe I told you guys that already. I've got to hit Play it again Sports one of these days..... on IMAX 3 mods.... definitely do some things off platform (I do the jumping jacks off platform) and maybe on the jump up-jump down things, just do the jump up and then step down instead.

Joanne, sorry to hear about your mom & dad. I know that stuff is tough!

Thanks for the heads up on Marley and Me -- we are just now revisiting our plans. The kids don't want to see the other one very much, so we may hang at home.

Whew, was that all? Oh, no, it wasn't.... yes, Chris, I did PLB & 4DS calve work -- thought we were supposed to!!! They were on fire, believe me.

Cranium -- we have it, but the kids got it when they were too young, and lost some of the pieces!! :confused:

-Beth

Well, I just did a small elliptical run. I started to do step work but my body just felt all out of sorts. Then I put in Chest and Triceps but my right hand started really hurting during the pushups (btw, part of my numerous spelling errors is because I've been using handwriting recognition from my tablet because I've been avoiding computer work since I'm afraid I'm developing an RSI). So, just a small elliptical run...but I hope I do something more when I get back from work. But I hate that feeling of running through a bunch of dvds without committing to anything!

Beth -- aww for losing the pieces on Cranium. I really did like that game...I was terrible with the clay molding part though. But my team, two other women who were good friends, would always win because we knew each other so well. Like I remember, once the word I had to guess was mutation, so my friend drew a double helix (like dna) and an "x" and I got it in less than a second. The opposing team just sort of looked at us like we were weird. Or with the other friend we used to have a nickname for a lame exbf so when I just said the guy's name, she got it immediately and again everyone else just wouldn't understand how we got it! So, I have a lot of good memories with that game! It think there's a younger version of the game called Kaboodle or something like that.

Alrighty, I'm off the prep! TTYL!

Hey Hey!

I'm pooped.

I did Wally World shopping, groceries, home to do laundry and help DH take down Christmas decorations.

Hey Beth!... I saw CLUE sitting there at Walmart and just HAD to buy it! I'm hoping to play it in a few with the boys. thank YOU for the reminder!!

Joanne: Maybe my body is comfy with that weight. But I eat like a piggy on the weekends, which isn't good for me anyways. And if I cleaned up that eating, I would lose those 5 -ish pounds. *sigh*. I just don't handle stress without throwing something in my mouth anymore... I'm sorry to hear about your father!!! How very hard for everyone. It just sucks that he can't have more help at home. A friend of mine was going through that with her mother, and ended up getting a nurse's aide to do overnights with him and then her dad was with her during the day. But the nurse's aide would help wash her and get her dressed and in a wheelchair for the day. It worked out well, because he mom had her mind, and was so adamant about not going in a nursing home. My friend had to talk to a social worker to help her find that the insurance (probably medicare) would cover this too. Let us know if you go see Marley and Me and what you think! My 9 yr old has the same book!!

Beth: I just didn't want to over exert my calves doing both, and I was too lazy to switch to 4DS! LOL!!

Hottie: Oh I hate when workouts just don't feel right and you just can't get into them! It's annoying!! At least you got in the elliptical!... Too funny about your Cranium game playing!

Going to go unwrap CLUE so we can play! I'm excited!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.