~*~*~12 Week Challengers~*~*~tues-feb.5

punka274

Cathlete
Good morning Challengers!

Today is a 30min Powerwalk/jog interval on my TM.

I hope the scale is kind to me saturday,I think i will not do any step workuots for a while since thats all the cardio ive been doing since the summer(and not to mention 2&1/2 yrs now;-)) its time to shake things up a bit;-)

bbl

Wow,where is everybody today?

My meals for today..
#1-1/2 scoop protien powder in my kashi ceral with 1c skim milk
#2-1/2apple string cheese
#3-1 cup of my frozen chillie,sids salad with lite dressing
#4-21mixed nuts
#5-lean steak with sauted onions,bellpeppers in a ww tortilla
#6-1/2 apple string cheese

Hey, Amelia. Fancy meeting you here! LOL And yes...where is the gang today??

Today is a rest day for me. My legs were yelling at me last night. Sunday's race finally caught up with me, so today's DOR! I'm planning on kicking it into HIGH GEAR tomorrow morning with lower body HEAVY weights!

BBL to see who else pops in!

Gayle

Gayle - I LOVE your success photos! Thanks so much for sharing! You definintely are an inspiration and I love your spirit!

I'm trucking along. Lost 4 pounds this past week (after 2 weeks of losing just one for the two weeks), so I'm doing well. I'm really enjoying the challenge, even though I check in periodically!

Hey, thanks Christine! I appreciate it (now, if I could just get the lighting right each time I take the pics, I'd be even happier, lol). And check in when you can. Life is busy, in general. Understood.

Later, everybody! Time to get things done around the house here!

Gayle

Good Morning Ladies!

Today I did Step Works. I got the vhs version in a trade and have only done it twice. Didn't get my HR up real high with this one, but it's okay every once in a while. I was going to run, but it's raining.:-(
The scale was not nice to me today. Up 4 lbs. this week!x( Who said to throw the scale out the window? I am about to do just that!
I have been eating pretty clean overall. Oh well. I'll "keep on truckin!"

Have a great day!
Gin:)

Good morning all.

I think my scale is stuck. No changes for about a week.;( Oh well, it will come. Today's wo is PLB. Once I get off here I need to start some laundry and some Blue's Clues for DD and then I am off to WO.

Gayle I am making the Turkey Black Bean Chili today and I can't wait to eat it!:9

Christine, WTG on the weight loss! WOO HOO!!! Check in whenever you want esp. with success stories!:D

Amelia, enjoy your TM today. I do like mixing up the cardio, too. It just makes me feel better conquering different challenges. :)

BBL to see how everyone else is doing.

Have a great Tuesday!:) :)

Good Morning,

It's snowing here again today with ice mixed in. Tonites workout will be timesaver #5 legs and glutes depending on how my stomach feels decided to lay off the pop today and see what happens. Iam in for a busy day at work, so I should burn a few calories.

Brkfst-protein shake
AM snack-yogurt and banana
Lunch-Roast, baby carrots, and potatoes
PM snack-apple, and cheese
Supper-some kind of soup

Have a good day everyone check back later.

oooooooooooo....Becca-enjoy that chili. It's DELISH (and it freezes and reheats really well too). I'm making a new recipe this afternoon called Italian Dinner Soup. It's got chicken breast, red and green pepper, other veggies and macaroni. I'll share the recipe after I taste it. ENJOY!

Gayle

Hey girls,Just popping in to report my workout,im finished and im glad-did a thirty minute interval on the treadmill! I think thursday Iwill strive for a more intense interval on the Tm! Tommorrow is pub!

Gayle-your dinner soup sound good,I hope to see the recipe soon!

Roxie-your meals look good,makes me want something to eat right now,LOL

Becca-Yes,your weigthloss will come....just hang in there!;-)

ok,gotta run Hey to everybody I missed! bbl

Just checkin in to report my WO. I survived the standing part of PLB, but during the floor work, I was calling Cathe all kinds of names. That is some tough stuff! It feels good though! My butt wasn't completely recovered from Sat.'s B&G so I am good and sore now.}( Time to make lunch for the kiddos and a veggie burger for me.

BBL!

Morning Girls :)

We woke to icy roads. School was delayed an hour here--so I got busy with some house *stuff* and hit the gym a little later than normal. I did the bike 20mins Level 8. Treadmill at 7mph upping the incline to 15% the last 10mins for my favorite butt burner }( Then hopped on trainer for another 20 and kicked some butt at level 8. I'm such an evil girl }( You know me--gotta love those DOMS :) I also worked triceps to ME and PUB. Afterwards I did some squats. W00t!! I hopped off each machine and jump on the next one--one guy was laughing as I stepped on the treadmill. I smiled at him and he said "You are a machine" LOL

Time to hit the shower.

BBL for more personals.

Hi everyone! Today has been a crazy day so far and it is only 10 am. I did HSC without the cardio sections this morning and then it took me 1.5 h to get to work. Also, I have to caucus tonight so I need to leave a little earlier. I have never caucused before and it should be interesting but it will take a long time.

Amelia - Do you like kickbox? Sounds like you had a great treadmill workout but if you've never tried kb before you should. It's fun!

Christine - Yay! on the 4 pounds!! :) Is that 11 pounds lost since you started the 12 week challenge?

Gin - I think I said to ignore the scale for awhile (ie. don't weigh every day) but I can't give it up - it keeps me honest. Ignoring the scale is how I got in the boat I'm in. x( I'm back to weighing myself but only once a week.

Becca - You have a defective scale, too?! :+ Keep on doing what you're doing and it'll drop. Your family is adorable by the way.

Roxie - We have the snow and ice, too. My ABS and traction control are always on it seems. Good luck laying off pop. I tried but caved after a couple of weeks.

Kath - You must have impressed that guy at the gym. :) Good for you.

Day 39 of 12 Week Challenge

Did PUB this morning. I like to go heavy and add about 30 seconds of rest between sets. I have adjustable dumbbells so can't switch some weights that quickly anyway. Looks like my workout tomorrow morning will be shoveling. Argh! I'm sick of winter. My left hamstring is still sore - what's up with that?

Sue

Hey Girls!

I just wanted to report my workout. I don't have time for personnals but I will return! You know Im good for it~!

I did GS B,S&B...it was super tough today. I used even heavier then the last time in places and I am gonna be SO SORE tomorrow! And maybe even a little SOR-RY?:)
Then my run looked like this:
Mile 1 and 2
.25-@ 5.8 (incline 2%)
.25-@ 5.9
.25-@ 6.0
.25-@ 6.1
.25-@ 6.2 (incline 3%)
.25-@ 6.3
.25-@ 6.4
.25-@ 6.5
Got off and did 1 seg of orignal bootcamp

Mile 3
.20-@ 6.2 (incline 2%)
.20-@ 6.4 (incline 3%)
.20-@ 6.6 (incline 4%)
.20-@ 6.8 (incline 5%)
.20-@ 7.0 (incline 6%)
Got off did seg #2 of BC

Mile 4
[email protected] (incline 2%)
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
Got off did Seg #3 of BC

Mile 5
[email protected] (2% incline)
[email protected] (5% incline)
.5- @7.4 (5%incline)
(repeat again)
[email protected] (3% incline)
[email protected] (6% incline)
.5 [email protected] (6% incline
.10-@ 6.4 (4% incline)
.25 @ 8.2
Got off did seg #4 of BC

Eating as been good and its time for a snack!

BB in a bit!
Lori:)

Hi ladies, I've had a few days off, havn't been feeling too good, but today I am felling better!!! My workout will be my NEW MIC (arrived yesturday along with gym style chest and biceps). I had a quick look at MIC last night Cathe has a "real areobic instructor figure" in these. I like her more "cut look" of recent times but I have always liked the areobic instrutor look. Very healthy and fit.

Becca my scales are very very broken, havn't worked for ages!

Amelia, you have lost soooo much weight! Have fabulous are you!

Gayle you look really good.

Gin I have been dying to ask you this and I mean no offence, please remember I am Australian, whats with the outfit in your photo? Are you really that patriotic? Please don't take offence I mean no harm.

Lori how long do you workout for? Your a machine! WOW! YOur workouts amaze me not just this one but every one you post. I feel so inadequate when I compare my workouts to yours. Amazing!

Must go gotta get my daughter off to school and creche.

Andrea.

Today I did PP. The scales are playing games with me. They have showed 133 a couple of times this week, then up to 133.4, 133.6. I hope to make 133 on Sunday so I can change my ticker. So far I have been on track with my eating plan, so there is hope.:)

HI Ladies!

I am at work again and have some free time to post! I really hope all the brownies have left the building! LOL I looked on my way in and there are none on the dish so maybe there are none in the fridge as well:)
DOMS is already setting in from todays workout! It was a goody but I started running out of steam. There are times I feel like I could go on forever but not today. Im thinking about switching things up a little. I think starting next week I will lean more towards cardio and circuit work, no heavy lifting. Just to give myself a break, it feels like I have had DOMS for 1 month straight now!

Ameila** Did you follow your meal plan today? No ice cream snuck in there? LOL I had a rice krispie square after supper. Thats not to bad. Lets see how I do at work tonight!

Gayle** Have fun with your heavy weight work tomorrow! Im glad that I haven't got to lift anything else until legs on Thurs! My body is sooo sore!

Gin** I think we have all said throw the scale out the window, but it is a hard thing to part with. Im sure its just water weight!

Becca** I agree, the PLB floor work is tough! Ive called Cathe a few names in the past but we keep comming back for more!:+

Roxie** Do you drink alot of pop? Just wondering or are you talking about the pop you drank yesterday? Or was that even you? LOL Sometimes I get everything mixed up.

Kath** School doesn't get cancelled here for one hour! Thats to easy. Its usually all morning or all day! Good job on the workout. I know some of those miles got me good today!

Karin** Have a good night!

Sue** It is a little easier to lift heavy if you take a longer break. Same goes with pushups. I rarely take the break but sometimes I refill my glass with water and that gives me a breather!

Kitty** Hope you get to change that ticker soon!!!

Andrea** I went into the basement around 12:30 and come up out of it around 2:45 or so. Its a bit embrassing sometimes but if the baby sleeps for 3 hours then I tend to make my workouts a little longer. They won't be so long over the next couple of days though cause I have just cardio on tap for tomorrow..and abs!

I think that catches me up with everyone! HAve a good night!

Lori:)

Gayle, That turkey black bean chili is fabulous! :9 :9 Thanks for the recipe.

Sue, thanks for the comment about my family. I like them, too :+

I think we all need to go out and find scales that work, because apparently we all have the wrong kind. LOL!;-)

I have survived Fat Tuesday without a Paczki. I think that is the first time in 10 years! Now if I can overcome those evil temptresses known as the Girl Scouts and their tasty cookies.....

I need to clean up the kitchen and put away the last of the chili or I will eat it all.....yep, it's that good!!

Have a great evening, all!

Lori,
Sunday and Monday I drank nothing but pop so my stomach doesn't like me very much right now. Today I drank nothing but water and couldn't seem to get enough of that. I opened up a can of pop when I got home, but that will be it for today.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.