~*~*~*Weekend Melters*~*~*~

allwildgirl

Cathlete
Morning all!

Deb - I hope everything is okay over there with you. Still sending lots of {{hugs}}.

I was supposed to run six miles this morning, but my iPod was out of juice and there ain't no way I'm running six miles without at least music. So I'll run later.

What's everyone up to today?

Hi everyone. Today is my first free day on BFL. It's set for Sundays but I prefer Saturdays. I'm having a little trouble typing because Ewan threw a toy airplane on my keyboard yesterday and broke off the J key. As you can see, I'm still managing to use it but it's just sitting loose on top. Ugh.

I weighed myself today and I'm down 3.2 lbs since weighing on Monday. Of course I'm sure that's water weight, but still a relief that it's not up since starting a new program. :) I'm still up 4.6 lbs since starting with our melting group. Ugh.

No big plans for the day, though we may go out to dinner tonight (with the kids, nothing romantic).

I started a new blog for a place to blab about my weird dreams without repeating all of them here. (It's at http://dreamerfig.blogspot.com). I think I have a blogging addiction.

Shelley--I'm with you--can't run without music. Of course, I can't run on my knees anyway (but saying it that way gave me a sudden picture of someone running with sneakers on their knees).

Robin, great news on the knee and getting in some good lower body work.

Tneah, yep, I get the flushed look all the time--drinking, working out, cold weather, whatever. My dermatologist thought it looked calmer yesterday than last time. I am just using a prescription cream on it at night right now. Lent lasts 40 days--it'll be over on Easter. It makes Easter a little more special when it ends a period like Lent. :) Last year I did read a book about a woman who gave up shopping for a year (not for religious reasons). It's this one: http://www.amazon.com/Not-Buying-Ye...bs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1204380058&sr=8-1

OK, going to go take a nice hot shower. BBL.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif

If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans.[/font]

Happy Saturday Everyone!

OMG! The hugest , biggest bird just flew into our yard!!:eek: It looked like something out of Jurassic Park! Like a huge heron or crane. Georgie just sat there and looked at it, now he is out sniffing around...Where's Robin when you need her?:7 Wow, was that weird or what? In Las Vegas? We don't get water type birds here for obvious reasons...strange.

Anyway! Lainie darling, 3.2 pounds and you just started BFL?I am so proud and happy for you! You should be too. That is enough to motivate you and keep you going isn't it? I know when the first few pounds fell off me, it kept me going. Sounds like BFL might be the "ONE" for you. Plus, the short cardio sessions are sounding fabulous right about now as I power through two 50 minute workouts everyday. There has to be a point with the cardio where you stop losing and your body says enough already crazy lady...and I think if I had to do anymore, that would happen to me. Its cool that you started a dream blog, I bet someone can interpret them for you...

Shelley, I cannot workout on the machines without music or an itread, icycle, iclimb on my ipod either. The time drags on and you just don't push as hard. Whatcha doing today?

Hi to Robin, Leanne, (((HUGS)))to Deb and Clancy and clean eating vibes sent to Emily, and another hey to Shannon!:)

I love the weekends, and its sunny and so pretty out today. I need to take a rest day today, but will wait until tomorrow instead. Sundays are spent with DH, brunch and a few rounds of blackjack, so rest days feel more "restful" on Sundays. Besides, that is when God rested too right?

Think I am going to to an icycle this morning. I am starting to really enjoy the bike, nothing hurts afterwards and you get such a hard cardio workout. Hope everyone has a fun day planned, I have a few errands to run, and need to clean out my closet....BBL

Good morning, everyone!

Today is Laundry Max and Clean Max, followed by some cardio and Core Max. I'm thinking of trying out some of the cardio sections from CTX since I've only been doing the weight work since I got it. What is everyone else up to?

Deb -- How are you and Clancy doing this morning? Sending you both lots of {{{HUGS}}}!! Please keep us posted!

Shelley -- Bummer about your iPod! I hate when you're all psyched up to work out, and then something gets in the way!

Lainie -- How fun to blog about your dreams! I'll have to check your blog out later! And WTG on the melting! It's probably not all water weight since you're eating well and working hard on keeping the naughty foods away. Did you see that Amy Bento is going to be teaching a private class for free in LA while she's out here filming? It's about a three-hour drive (with all that awful LA traffic), but I'm going to go to it. She's so sweet for doing it! Like you and Tneah, I also get that flushed thing going on. And I'm sure that Brian appreciates the girls, even if he may not always say so!;-)

Robin -- How is your first day back at work going? Is your knee doing alright? How did those pies turn out? They sound delicious!!!

Shannon -- Any special plans for the weekend? Hope you're still enjoying that beautiful spring weather!

Tneah -- That bird sounds scary! We've got some rain here again this weekend, so I wish we had some of your sun! Oh, when are you seeing Bette Midler? My dad and his wife just got back from Vegas, and he said that the show was AMAZING! Did it go OK getting your stitches out yesterday?

Emily -- Still check in with us, girl, even if you're not melting! We miss you around here!

TK -- Any more good Jane news?:)

Hey Leanne, have fun with your "Max's" today! Need to do a little of all of the above myself today. Glad to hear your parents love the Divine Miss "M" or whatever they call Bette! I cannot wait, we see her this coming Wednesday. Sounds like a fun road trip going to see that instructor, I think I have a workout by her, need to go check. My parents are on their way down to the boat in SD today, will be staying through Wednesday, looks like you all will have a little sunshine coming your way thank goodness.

I am freaking out over this bird. I wish Robin could have seen it!
It looked like a Great Blue Heron after researching a bit, but they are not supposed to live in the desert, they are marshland creatures.
Weird. Wonder if he turned left, when he should have turned right?
Nevada does have a large lake somewhere outside of Vegas, but thats quite a flight for such a big bird. So strange. I cannot find any resources concerning Nevada birds except that our state bird is the bluebird.

I might have to go to the bookstore and have a lookey around. I get so curious about these things.:)

Evening all!

Ack! Today was crazy. After breakfast, spent time cleaning up, making beds, gathering laundry, doing laundry, then Sophie had piano and pottery. While she was at pottery, I ran to Walmart and it was insane. Then dropped my skates off to be sharpened (we're going skating tomorrow), picked up Soph, came home, more laundry, more tidying, did my six mile run, made dinner for Soph and then cleaned that up and made dinner for me and my SO (ours was a bit fancier and later because he was at work until 6:30). After cleaning all that up, I made muffins and now here I am! Yikes!

Tneah - did you figure out what the bird is?

Lainie - I get completely red-faced when working out. I look like I'm about to expire, I think.

Leanne - I could send you some snow, if you like? We got a big dump yesterday and we're expecting more this week.

Happy March!!! It's my birthday this month, but I'll be doing my best to ignore that. Ugh.

Hi everyone,

Well we said goodbye yesterday morning to our "baby boy". He was a little fighter but he was not getting better and we couldn't put him through another day of suffering. DH and I are devastated, as you can imagine.

Thanks to everyone for all the hugs and well wishes. Clancy is in a better place now. I know in my heart that because they give us so much pleasure and ask for so litte in return, God has a special place for them. I am sure he is running and playing with all the dogs that have gone before him.

Hopefully I will be able to be back to normal soon and will be back checking in with you guys again.

Deb

This is for you Deb. I am shedding some tears right now, I know how painful it is, and how much you hurt. Our vet gave me this little story after we lost Ralphie our pal of 15 years. Hope it brings a little comfort to you.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent, his eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Good morning, all!

Deb -- I am so very sorry to hear about Clancy! {{{HUGS!!!}}} As you said, hopefully it is a comfort to know that he's out of pain and no longer suffering. Just try to rest and take it easy today. Let us know if you need to chat!!

Shelley -- Sounds like you had a busy day yesterday! And about that snow you said that you'd send. . . maybe I'll put take a rain check for it! ;-) In the meantime, I can send you some of our sun, if you'd like!

Tneah -- That bird sounds so odd! Do you think that he really got lost? By the way, how did you do with Imax 3 the other day? Did it bother your hip too much? I was thinking, too, that you should post some pix over in the Success Stories section of the forum! It would be so great to see you at 14% body fat. That is just fantastic! Will you be here in SD to see your parents? If you could make it to the Amy Bento class, that would be so much fun!

I'll BBL to say "hi" to everyone else! Looks like it's a quiet weekend around here!

Hi melty friends. I'm at work and only have time for a quickie.

Deb {{{HUGS}}}{{{HUGS}}}and mor {{{HUGS}}}. I'm so sorry you had to say goodbye to Clancy.

Hi everyone. I enjoyed my BFL free day yesterday--maybe a little too much.... We went to the mall and ate at Chili's--ordered a frozen strawberry margarita and they brought 2--turned out they had a 2-for-1 deal going. Luckily DH helped me with that. I also indulged by helping eat an Awesome Blossom (onion ring kind of thing). However, I went lighter on the entree and had a Guiltless Chicken Sandwich. It's shocking to read the calories and fat of the stuff they call "guiltless"--makes me wonder how bad the rest of it is. DH had some kind of massive bacon cheeseburger. Eek.

Anyway, back to it today. I didn't get up early to do my workout but I'll do it when my little one naps this afternoon--think I'll be doing a premix of Low Max.

I'm thinking about adding some recipe documents to my stuff to download on my blog. Anyone have any good clean recipes to add to the list? Just email them to me at [email protected]

Deb, so sorry about Clancy. I agree that he must be in a better place. All I can say is more {{{HUGS}}} and wish I could do more for you.

Tneah, yeah, a good loss at the start of a program is always encouraging (even if a lot of it is water). I think I like the 6 mini-meals idea and it works well since I'm at home a lot. Before I was trying to eat lightly at 3 meals but I'd be starving in between and that's when I'd give in and snack on naughty things. This way works better for me. Also, I get grumpy when I'm hungry so it's good to keep me fed often.

Leanne, that's great that you'll get to work out with Amy Bento. She's actually only about a half hour from here, so I really should go over there some time. She told me Saturday mornings would be best, so I need to get Brian to be willing to go solo with the boys some Saturday so I can drive over there.

Shelley, hope you are able to relax some today after that very busy Saturday.

BBL.

ETA: Hi Robin!

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com
dream blog: http://dreamerfig.blogspot.com
http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif

If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans.[/f

Hey guys,

Hopping back to say hi to Robin (that's okay I like "quickies";) )and Lainie bug. And Leanne!

Leanne, I asked a neighbor about that bird, I guess there is a conservatory up the road where they house all sorts of birds, so maybe this one needed a break and wanted to have a look around Vegas! I might post a pic or two after I am done with this long, long, 12 weeks.

Robin, How's your work deal going? Good to be back?

Lainie, your cheat meal had my mouth watering...:9 yummers! I think that is great your program includes one meal or one day of cheating, that is the way we all should sorta eat you know? Be good all week, and have a day of total abandonment and eating bliss. It makes sticking to clean eating alot easier doesn't it? So does eating every few hours, I am really liking that, although it does take a bit of planning on my part.

DH and I are off to brunch at the Palazzo. We skipped it last weekend, so it'll be fun. The weather here is beautiful, in the upper 60's today. BBL to see whats goin' on..

I'm back, but still in a rush. I'm thrilled to say I just completed 4 DS HIS on a 4 inch step with jumps and all! I have to go shower, then meet friends for pizza night.

tneah, I have no idea what that bird may have been. I can't wait for our trip to Yellowstone to see all the western birds.

Leanne, please, please, please tell Amy how much I love her workouts, even though I blew my knee out on one.

Gotta go. Hugs to all and especially Deb.

I'm back from a wonderful brunch, had halibut and green beans, brought my own carbs though-2 small corn tortilla's...I am passed being embarassed about bringing my own food into restaurants on this diet thing! I look forward to these tortilla's all day long and I am gonna eat 'em. I just shoot DH a "look" if he says anything. We played a little blackjack and lost...but just a little so its okay...back home to grocery shop again.

Shelley, hope you are having a blast skating, ice or roller? What fun!:)
Enjoy your pizza tonight Robin, yum.:9 Yeah for your workout! That is so exciting, you probably did much better then me with that one, and you just had surgery. I cannot master those tricky moves no matter how hard I try.

I might have to try Amy's workout, I have only done the extreme kickboxing once...

Happy afternoon, all!

Robin -- Congrats on getting through HIS! That is so fantastic! And is your knee doing alright even though you're back at work? I'll definitely say "hi" to Amy for you!

Tneah -- Your lunch sounds like it was delicious, and I'm so glad that you're getting more comfortable bringing along your own foods. Sounds like that bird escaped from that conservatory! Maybe it's a Jurassic Park hideout!;-) And, yes, you should definitely post some pix of your hot self!

Lainie -- Sounds like you had such a nice free day yesterday. I haven't had a margarita in ages. YUM!!!! That's so exciting that you're so close to Amy! You should definitely try to make it to one of her classes one of these days. And you're not too far away from Cathe either, are you? What a great idea to post recipes. I have some printed up from the forums, but am not sure if it would be OK to send them to you since they're not mine. What do you think?!

Hi to everyone else! I probably won't check back in tonight, so I'll see you all in the morning!

Hey ladies!

I've had a super-busy day and I'm just checking in and wanted to send tons of big, squeezy {{{hugs}}} to you, Deb! I'm so sorry about Clancy.:-(

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.