~*~*~*~12 Week Challenge...humpday 3-5~*~*~*

punka274

Cathlete
Moring Challengers!

Were is everybody at in there challenge?

This is the 7th week for me in BFL,its going well so far! I can't complain;-) I do see alot of difference in my UB and LB as well-i have also dropped 9pds,but no weightloss in about three weeks now??:-(

So,todays workout is UB...not sure which one yet! I will report back after my workout! :)

Everybody have a great day!!!!!!

Hi, Amelia! LOL I just posted too! We'll use YOUR thread. Here's what I posted:

Good morning, gals!!!!!

First.....workout is DONE! I did iCycle 9 (40 min, 11 miles) and the core from 4DS (the core on kickbox/legs). And NO......I did NOT use a weight because Cathe didn't TELL me to! HA! I chose to do an iCycle this morning for a few reasons. 1)For variety and cross training 2)my plantar fasciitis in my left foot is acting up just a bit from all my mileage so the low impact felt great and 3)I FELT LIKE IT, DARN IT!

Happy Hump Day. Busy day for me. It will be a shower and the bus. Then right off to my friend's to clean. Then right to school/work. THEN I can settle down a bit. The kids have Religion Class tonight, so I think I will add in the bis & tris while they're at class. I ran out of time this morning because I slept a bit later. All the junk from Free Day played with my sleepiness this morning. I didn't eat a WHOLE lot of junk, but it's junk that I don't eat the other 6 days of the week. I kept it in control again yesterday, and even though I had a few things that I've been wanting, it truly wasn't as yummy or tasty as I imagined. Does that make sense?

OK...doubt I'll be back online until after school/work! So have an awesome day!

Gayle

Good *snowy* *icy* Morning. Ugh is this ever going to end????x(

No school around here. Everything seems to be shut right down as that we are in the middle of a nice snow/ice storm.

Today's workout was suppose to be a 4miler. I'm thinking of using my bike and doing Legs n glutes or Butts n Guts. }( Perhaps later this afternoon-- things will clear and I can get to the gym or the college for a run. We shall see what mother nature has in store for us. I'm also working my chest and abs today.

Amelia: I'm in week 10 of my challenge. Day 66 of clean eating. I am right on track there. This is a life style for me -- and don't believe in a *off* day or *free* day when it comes to food. If I want it I allow myself one and then walk away :) But lately I haven't desired anything too extreme. I believe key is eating my 6 meals a day.I've reached many goals in this challenge. I amazed myself in the running department and body fay is dropping. I'm not so worried about the weight as that its holding steady at 118.I refsue to be a slave to a number. I go by how my clothes fit :) I don't think I'll lose much more. I'm seeing amazing results in my upper body. Lower body was never a problem. I'm one of those girls who has lean muscle defination in my legs and butt. I guess I'm lucky there. But I had a short sleeve shirt on yesterday and DH said "Geesh you have guns" Yes I smiled!!!

:)

I'm sure I'll be back. Today was suppose to be a run to the store for fresh stuff. But not so sure on the roads. Time will tell.

Need to get a yogurt and start my workout.

Good Morning Girls!

Had a good weigh in today:) 120.9:) Im wondering if I should aim for 115? Hmmmm....I dunno. May be to hard to maintain. I have really cleaned up my eating the past couple of days and i feel sooo much better! And it gets easier with every passing day.

Todays workout is going to be Scrammbled eggs ( i think) I have an hair apt at 9:30. DS still isn't feeling well so Im hoping he won't take a morning nap. If he does i could be screwed in the workout area:-( We will see what happens...play it by ear.

Ameila** Again...enjoy your workout! Your over half way there! Woo hoo!

Gayle** How was your free day yesterday? Glad to hear you had a good workout.

Kath** Thanks for the compliment yesterday. I think I am a good mom but there are other days I wonder. I find I snap alot at DD but she is at the age where she is immature but thinks she knows everything...oh and her earing doesn't seem to be the best either;)

I will be back after my workout!
Lori:)

Morning Lori. Think we were posting same time :)

Hope DS feels better.

Are you going with a different hair style or just a trim?

Hope you can get your workout in. :)

I hear ya about daughters.. MY 18 year old thinks I have two heads and I know nothing. Other times she is liking me. Such is life :) :)

Lori-Free Day isn't all it's cracked up to be anymore. Like Kath said, I think the KEY is the 6 clean meals. When Free Day rolls around for me now, it's like any other day now. I DID have a few things that I had been looking forward to (for instance, I made brownies and had a homemade brownie sundae), and my FAVORITE trail mix from the bulk section at the grocery store. But you know what? They did not really "DO IT" for me like they used to! Funny, how that works, hugh?

Kath-you're doing FANTASTIC!

Ladies....YOU'RE ALL doing FANTASTIC!

The 12 week mark from the 'original' start is coming soon, isn't it? Take stock of where you are, and what you need to DO to kick it up for these next 2 or 3 weeks! COME ON!

Gayle

Good morning challengers!

Another snowy day and school is cancelled. I think I may take the kiddos to the library and then to the rec center to run around the gym for a bit. I will get my WO in during nap time. On tap today is SB. Let's see if I can get through it without tripping over myself.

We are out of everything today so I am having a bowl of Kashi Vive for breakfast. Not sure about meals for the rest of the day. I have got to get to the store.

DH brought home a cheeseburger for me last night, a local burger place, my fave. I haven't had one in three months. I took off half the bun and ate it. You know, it wasn't very tasty. I was definitely disappointed.;( I'll remember to save the calories next time.

Amelia, have a great UB WO today. I'm sure you've just hit a bit of a plateau. The weight loss will come.

Gayle, great wo today. It's nice to mix it up a bit. How did the PTA meeting go last night?

Kath, great compliment from DH. I know what you mean about it being a lifestyle change. DH asked me what I'm going to do after the 12 weeks is up. Keep eating like this and working out. I look at it as learning how to eat right, not a diet.

Lori, how tall are you? My goal is to be Kath.:D At least in the weight dept. I am aiming for 118. Only 7.5 lbs to go. Enjoy your haircut today.:)

Good Morning Everyone,

Quick checkin then off to work. On tap for tonite us upper and lower body and Abs all from the basic step dvd. I posted this question last nite, but it was late so I will repost today. What brand of shoes would you all recommend. I tried the new balance wide and regular width and they made the ball of my foot go numb. Rykas also felt tight across the feet and I did loosen the laces a little. I would appreciate all input.

Roxie: I wear running sneakers. I prefer a light shoe. I have this thing about heavy soles-- do not like at all. Currently I run in asics gel cumulus and asics gel duomax. Don't know if that heps at all. Perhaps you need more arch support? That's just a thought.

Becca: Im going to brave the snowy roads and hit the store. Shall I pick up sme items for you? :) Enjoy your day off with kiddies. I remember when my kids were little and we would have snow days.

I got my workout in. Nice sweaty bike workout. 45minutes Rolling Hills program. This bike gives my legs and butt a good burn. Then I did some squats and plie squats. Worked chest to PUB and ME and worked my abs for Coremax.

Off to dry the locks. I shall return.

Hey girls,just a quick pop in to report my workout! did PH UB and went heavier on everything! I did struggle on some so i had to skip some reps,but i refuse to go down in weight,eventually I will be able to do it every rep!

bbl with personals!;-)

Kath, while you're out, and if you don't mind....:D I was hoping to go to the store after we went to the rec center, but my kiddos were hungry and tired so we just came home. Maybe after nap time. I have enough for dinner, but we have no snacks (fruit) and breakfast tomorrow could be quite scary...it may involve leftover tuna salad!

Amelia, great WO!

Hi everyone. I'm in Week 10 of the challenge. While I haven't managed to make much progress in the weights & measures department, I HAVE managed to regain some of the motivation that I'd gradually lost over the years. I've really enjoyed participating in this group - any takers for a repeat?

Didn't sleep well last night - our bedroom was abnormally hot and then DH was coughing and hacking and tossing and turning, etc. So, I didn't get up this morning. I had LIS/Ab hits premix on tap. May not do LIS this evening, but I will sub an iClimb. I might skip the abs since I have abs as part of PUB scheduled for tomorrow.

Well, I'd best get going. I have a TON more work to do this afternoon (although I have gotten quite a lot accomplished today already). I'll see you all tomorrow!

Hey there Challengers.

Week 10 for me too.

Not much progress in the weight dept since I seem to keep hitting "problem" days with my eating. My workouts are consistent though and I am really seeing the difference in my legs and upper body with the extra padding slowly disappearing.

Have started a freestyle type rotation created by Carole McMain back in '05. Pretty heaving on the time - for me it's taking about 1 1/2 - 2 hours to complete. I am trying for about half hour of my cardio in the AMs before work to "kick it up a notch". Am really enjoying it, but not sure how long I can keep this all up. I am noticing there is no rest day, unless it is the 10 - 15 mile run on Sundays?:p

Yesterday was 1/2 hour run = 3 miles, GS legs floorwork & abs, MM shoulders, bi's and tri's and then another 1/2 hour run = 2.5 miles (My legs were a bit fried!).

Hit the IMax2, 1-5 this AM and supposed to do GS legs standing, walking lunges (I do about 200 with 5 - 8 lb weights) and the MM(? I think) chest & back. Got a hockey game to go to so am hoping to get home early enough to get my WO in before we leave:7

Gayle & Kath - unfortunately I love Free Days (since I'm not on any type of eating plan:9 Am trying to just eat 5 or 6 times a day and actually playing a bit with my carbs as to when and how much I can eat (sweet potatoes, grain breads, etc.) My metabolism is winding down with age and the last 6 months have been completely experimental. I don't have many cravings, but do like to eat "junk" here and there, in moderation.

Amelia - I'm with you - I would prefer a change in my body and not just dropping weight. I remember when I weighed less, but I jiggled more:+ And I'm with you on the weight thing too, sometimes do a couple fewer reps so I can increase my weight or I feel I'll never make any improvements. I do think I need some pace mates though. Keep needing a couple lbs more and 5 is too much.

Lori - good job on the clean eating - I just love the way I feel when I have eaten well for my body. Hope all goes well with DS and your WO today !

Becca - mmmm, cheesburger. I have been indulging in a few burgers lately but without the cheese and bun. Put tomato, onion and mustard on mine and wrapped between some romaine lettuce. Totally yummy:9 And I've made some turkey burgers too - it's all in the seasonings and grilling, DH used wood chips for some added flavor !

Roxie - got the foot thing here too, find my feet fall asleep due to tightness on the upper bone above my arch. I have multiple shoes, Ryka enlightens for my step, floorwork and then running shoes for the TM. Sometimes need to adjust them as my WO goes on. Hasn't stopped me yet though}( Just kept buying shoes until something worked for me, now I have loads of walking shoes:p

Andrea - in case you made it back - sent some <<< sleepy vibes >>> your way. Hope you had a good workout.

TTFN

DS woke shortly after I started my workout:-( I got 30 mins in and he wasn't going to go back to sleep.Then I decided to do whatever I could to get supper ready and then I bathed DS with hopes that it would make him feel better. When I was dressing him, he started rubbing his eyes so I put him back in his crib and he went to sleep again!:) This was about an hour after he woke up, mind you, so I had enough time to do a 2 mile run and 4 DSBC plus the 30 mins of my planned workout.

I will be back for personnals!
Lori:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.