~"Melting" on the Weekend~

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning,

Today is a rest day for me, DH and I will start running around getting Christmas things etc. The trip to Canada was pretty good, no traffic going up, and just a little coming back. The weather was great.

Robin:
You are a real "cookie maven"! Yes you have to give the joint supplements some time to work.

Judy:
Have fun wrapping!

Shannon:
Just jump right in and get it over with! Yeah .. easy for me to say LOL:D Good suggestions on the rotations!

Emily:
Sounds like you made good choices on the dinner.. so a little dessert is fine.:9

B:
.5 is great. high ^^^'s to you. My house is traditional and I love that style..!

Tneah:
will be waiting to see those pictures posted. Bubble gum? I stick with anything w/chocolate in it :9

Michele:
Congrats on the weight loss. I too am trying to decide whether or not to stay with the 4DS or change. Nothing else appeals right now.

Lainie:
Yours sons sound so cute!;-)

Have a great day!

Deb :D

RE: ~

Good morning, Deb and all you weekend Melters!

Well, the water aerobics went fairly well. I only did it for about 30 minutes - the tech on duty said I should kind of feel things out this first time. I was nervous getting in, but Amber (the tech) was wonderful and helped me get the feel of things. I stayed in the 5-ft deep lane - it was deep enough to do some jogging, etc., but if I got insecure, I could touch down with my toes to regain my balance. I'll try the 7-ft lane next time... maybe. :eek:

Amber showed me a move that uses two little dumbbell-looking resistance thingies. I push/paddle forward with those, and kick out behind like I'm "stomping grapes," as she said. It can really get the heart rate up, and I can feel it in my legs and shoulders too. I thought, "Oh boy, this is great!"

I discovered a problem later. My darned calf started hurting on the way home, and ached pretty much all night. I should have realized that pushing against water is the same as pushing against the ground, an elliptical pedal, or whatever. Sigh. Still, I think there are plenty of other moves that won't push on the calf, maybe long-lever leg moves, and the regular jogging.

So. I got home, and my sister and her family were enjoying dinner with my parents. I walked in and saw a big ol' chocolate cake on the counter. :9 Yep. I enjoyed some. So.... back to melting this weekend, right?

Morning al1!

Shannon, that's great about the water aerobics and yes, I'm sure that there are many moves that won't impact the calf.

Deb - I saw you were in Mississauga yesterday! Where? My office is on the Oakville/Mississauga border, right at the QEW!

Well, I got on the scale this morning, even though I think I'm still retaining water and I haven't lost any more but I haven't gained either, so that's good. I'm going to take it up a notch this week, back to my salads. My diet was a bit carb-heavy this week and I hit the cookies and crackers with PB far too often.

I hope everyone has a great Saturday!

Hey everyone!

Its the weekend, yeah!:) I feel wiped out after doing all the the 4DS workouts in a row..geez, I will say it again, those really get ya!

My eating hasn't been super duper, but not super bad either, I am sort of holding on at the same weight...

Tonights the fight between Floyd Mayweather and Hatton at the MGM, we are not going, but will watch it on pay-for-view. Not sure if any of you are boxing fans, but this is a biggie!:) I watch it with my DH :) I do not understand it, but its a good "bonding" thing and I wind up really enjoying it.

Be back later perhaps, not sure whats on the menu today, perhaps I will totally wipe myself out and do MIC!}( Or maybe PlyoX...it is supposed to rain/snow here this weekend, a tiny bit, not like a "winter wonderland" that you all get to enjoy!:)

Hi everybody!

I had computer problems this morning and haven't been able to get online x( . Now that I'm here I can' stay ;( . DH and I have plans for the weekend and he's waiting patiently for me. I just wanted to take a minute to extend my best wishes for a major weekend meltdown :p :7 .

DEB - Check out Lainie's blog for some AWESOME rotation ideas. I got your PM -- please let me know how your door knocker turns out. :)

CUZ - I'm glad to know your water aerobics went well, but jeez, rest that calf, woman! I think long lever moves are the way to go -- they should remove all pressure from your calf while still working the muscle passively.

SHELLEY - ^5's for maintaining! It sounds like you have a good dietary strategy mapped out for next week. :)

TNEAH - Oh yeah, I agree with you 100% about the 4DS workouts -- they really do get ya! http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/gotcha.gif Yesterday was my rest day but I still have DOMS from the leg workout I did on Thursday.

LAINIE - WOW -- you really knocked yourself out putting those rotations together!! Awesome job!!! I don't know why, but for some reason I have the hardest time planning rotations. An abundance of choices tends paralyze me with indecision.

ROBIN - All I can think about are your cookies -- lol! :eek: }( :9 ;( I agree -- you're the cookie maven! How's your knee today?

Oh boy -- I need to run. Hello to everyone else and have a great weekend.

Hello all you melting snowflakes! I kept busy this morning at the mall with the fam. DH needed some new dress shoes and we also swung by Target for a few things.

I hope to go jogging in a little bit when Ewan goes down for his nap. I'll leave DH home with the boys and hit the nearby trail along the Hudson. It'll be a good test for my ankle. Luckily it's not quite as cold today and yesterday's snow has melted.

Deb, hope you get some Christmassy stuff done today. In spite of spending the morning at the mall I didn't get any Christmas gifts. The main stuff I have left is for DH's parents, though--they are tough to shop for.

Shannon, glad the water aerobics went mostly well--just take care of that tricky calf!

Shelley, I was a bit too reliant on carbs this week as well. I didn't do much clean eating at all, really, though I didn't think I was eating great quantities at least. I need to get back to eating clean and healthy which should make me feel better as well as lose weight.

Tneah, I only watch boxing when I'm visiting my dad, but I really get into it when I am with him. Dad used to box a bit when he was younger and he loves it. I've also seen all the Rocky movies, except for the most recent one, because my older brother started taking me at a very young age.

Michele, glad you liked the rotations. I've just been adding to that document over time. A lot of them are very personalized, but I threw in some more generic ones as well. Also, I like to make rotations but I don't necessarily stick with them even if I make them! I still haven't decided what to do next week.

Hello to all who stop by later--gotta go get Ewan down for his nap so I can jog.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif[/font]

Hi,

Just popping in after putting some squash in the microwave. I love butternut squash. DH buys a bushel right before Thanksgiving. We we use it for that, give some away, and then finish it off.

Shelley:
I was at the FedEx Canada headquarters on Explorer Drive.

BBL

Deb

Hi everyone. I just got back from my first jog in a while. I downloaded Cardio Coach Volume 1 before I went and it was my first time doing CC. Of course, I didn't realize at first that I had the tracks all scrambled on my iPod. It's hard to fix a scrambled Shuffle, too, if you aren't looking at it hooked up to the computer. So I ended up doing the 3rd challenge before the other 2, but I survived. I also was out a little longer than the workout called for since I didn't turn around at the halfway point. I had to do a little extra steady state and then a longer cooldown before I finally got home. Nice to finally burn some calories again!

My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif[/font]

Hello my merry Melters. This morning I did a couple segments from the Cardio Trilogy again. I'm really liking Laura Dowling and Ann Saldi.

After the above segments I tried a Kelly Coffey-Meyer DVD called 'Step Boxing' that I got from Netflix. I was kind of disappointed that it was only 30 minutes of regular cardio. The other 30 minutes is a weighted cardio. I'm on the fence on whether I should buy it or not. Maybe it can work into a rotation when I'm doing circuits.

Deb: Most of the Cardio Trilogy is step but there's one kickboxing segment that I haven't tried yet. There's about 4 hours of workouts on the DVD. I guess it's pretty obvious I tend to get bored doing the same cardio over and over again :)

Robin: You were busy baking all those goodies. Now when you freeze them do you freeze the baked cookies or do you freeze the dough? I'm so clueless! Hope your knee is feeling better.

Shannon: Have you thought of learning how to swim? Swimming is great cardio and low impact to boot.

Emily: OMG that hot gooey cookie you described just made my mouth water. Our office dinner was really nice. I was good and stuck to my initial plan of salad, followed by an unplanned shopping trip (the restaurant was next to an outlet, I couldn't help myself!).

B: A half pound is still a half pound. Good job! Put it in perspective, if you lost a half pound a week that's still 26 pounds a year.

Tneah: I'm not big on the holiday either. I just do the minimum. This weekend I'll do my cards and Friday I'll do all my shopping since I have the day off. By the way I never told you how pretty your tree was. Too cool!

Michele: 1.2 pounds! Yay! Just my opinion but if you are seeing good results and you're not tired of 4DS, why don't you just continue with it? If it ain't broke, don't fix it! Another alternative is to do a similar rotation with CTX.

Lainie: Good to hear you're jogging. I guess that means your feeling better.

Hi Melters - it's already Sunday! Does this weekend really have to end? Sigh.

It's been a very foggy and drippy one here. Actually I've kind of enjoyed it. The only problem is, we've got a slow-moving warm front just to the south, and it's supposed to reach us today. That means highs in the 70s and rain. Rain is fine. 70 degrees is not. So much for winter!

We had a family holiday gathering yesterday. I did pretty well and just ate a bean salad and some sort of "bread salad." No chips, dip, or any of the various desserts. But I've been enjoying an awful lot of PB lately.... I haven't quite fallen off the wagon, but I'm dangling by my fingertips. Can somebody yank me back up? ;)

SHELLEY - I think maybe I need to kick it up a notch too. I'm not too keen on salads, but I could at least replace my piece of buttered bread each night with a side salad, huh? Good luck with yours!

CUZ - I saw your message to Lanie about new rotations. What did you come up with? Does it look like fun? I'm resting my calf. I'm resting it. Promise. :p

LANIE - that's great that you finally got to go jogging! How's the ankle feel today?

TK - I've thought about learning to swim on and off for years. I'm just not a big fan of the water. I know I should!

Good morning fellow melters!

Today I did the complete 4DS Kickbox, legs & core workout. It is the first time I did it all the way through, as is. It really kicked my butt! I burned 472 calories according to my HRM

DH and I will be back out this afternoon for more smal Christmas things. I am also going to Dick's for new capri sweatpants ( they are 50% off), new weight gloves and I am going to look at a new ball. My will not keep the air in it from one workout to anotherx(

Lainie:
Glad to hear you were able to get back into it with a jog. I hope you are on the road to recovery!

TK:
I am glad you told me it was step.. my wallet thanks you!

Shannon:
I would kill for the 70's right now! It's 30 here. }(

Have a great day!

Deb

Popping in to say, its Sunday (our lazy day brunch)yeah!:) It is sunny and cold here (in the 40's) yes, Vegas gets cold, just no snow.:-(

We are going to the strip and up to the forum shops (there are a ton of shops and restaurants all in one enormous space-like only Vegas can do it!) and find our favorite place to eat indoors today, I will have a large yummy salad and some crackers.:9

I wound up doing 45 minutes on the elliptical yesterday, didn't have it in me to do any high impact workout. Today should be rest/stretch/yogax( or something like that. I will probably do the Windsor pilates with the band-its kinda fun and I don't mind Mari Windsor like some people do.

Lainie, yeah! You had a jog? That is wonderful, hope you and your ankle are doing just fine today.:)

TK, sounds like you are enjoying your new workouts...super! I do own others but use Cathe and P90X all the time.

Shannon, take care of that calf, and 70 degrees?? It is warmer where you are-and I thought Vegas had weird weather! Spray some of that "fake" snow in your windows to help create a "winter" mood!

Deb, have a fun day picking up little things for Christmasx( Told ya! That 4DS Leg/Kickbx is just hard enough to leave you feeling tired but so energized at the same time. After these latest offerings by Cathe, I am not sure if I will have the patience to lift or do cardio for an hour at a time ever again!:)

To anyone I missed, hey ya!:7

Yo hot meltin' mamas (and non-mamas).

My ankle still feels fine after yesterday's jog. Woo-hoo! Now I get the fun of figuring out what rotation to start tomorrow. I don't know if I should start an official month-long rotation or wait until the New Year to do that. Things are so up in the air at this time of the year--my mom is coming to visit around Christmas but I don't even know when exactly she's going to arrive, so I'm sure that will throw off my schedule a bit.

Today I'm going to be making cookies for a church party tonight. I hope I can keep from snacking on them and I hope we don't bring home leftovers!

TK, was that Kelly Coffey-Meyer's original Step-Boxing workout? I didn't like that one as much as her newer one. I sold the first one but I think I'm keeping the second one (which is called Cardio Kick Step-Boxing).

Shannon, get your heinie back totally up on that wagon. http://bestsmileys.com/whipping/4.gif Then when you're up there, pull me up with you, will ya?

Deb, hmm, you're tempting me to start a 4DS rotation tomorrow--I did enjoy the Kickbox one the one time I tried it.

Tneah, have fun at the shops & restaurants. Sounds like a good day ahead for you.

Hello to all who follow. Gotta go get some more coffee. (Yeah, I know it's almost 1pm but I still need some coffee. http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/lotsocoffee.gif)

Back to report I was a good girl, had the hearts of palm salad with olive oil dressing on the side, 2 small pieces of bread with a smidge of butter and water. So there!}( I actually did PlyoX this morning before lunch so felt okay eating the bread and butter, a gal's gotta live a little for pete's sake!:7

I am off to fit in some Windsor Pilates now, and then look forward to a quiet evening. The boys from work are down again starting tonight for a few days, so well, another busy week. I just got done scrubbing the outsides of my kitchen cabinets--who knew they could get so dang gross??

Lainie, I would seriously consider Cathe's November rotation, I am doing it now and lovin' it! Especially since your ankle sounds like it is finally on the mend!:)

Talk at cha all tomorrow!

Good evening melting ladies. Today was S+H legs and shoulders followed by a segment of Classical Stretch. The rest of the day I spent grocery shopping, knitting, and stripping a piece of furniture for my mother. DH came home from the boat and made a big pot of turkey soup for dinner. All in all it was a nice relaxing day.

Deb: The first time I did 4DS Kickbox/Legs I was wobble-legged the whole rest of the day. 472 calories is really good! Have you had any more problems with your HRM? I remember you saying that it was cutting out every now and then.

Lainie: Yes, the Kelly Coffey workout I tried was the first Step Boxing one. Is the second one in the same format - 30 minutes cardio followed by weighted cardio?

Tneah: Good job with your brunch today. You made us melting girls proud! Ugh, I know what you mean about kitchen cabinets. Despite the exhaust fan, the cabinets over and around the stove are always the ickiest.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.