||||| *** clean & tidy WEEKEND *** |||||

Yesterday I was FINALLY able to order my wedding cake -- YAY! One more thing to check off the list!!

We had company last night, about 10 people, and we grilled out and ate, then we made a fire in the fire pit and just say around and talked for awhile. It was really nice, I am glad the weather is getting nicer!

Any other NASCAR fans? The race is in Richmond (VA) this weekend. We ALWAYS go because it is so close, but this spring we decided to skip it since so much else is going on. I am really really depressed about it. Yesterday, my mom called me to tell me she could hear the cars going around the track from her office (about 5 miles away). It made me sick to my stomach that I was not there.

Today we are going to a local nursery -- not sure what I want for the front yard in terms of plants or flowers. Chris seems to think that in two days we are going to plant flowers, lay laminate flooring in the kitchen and foyer, and mulch around the house. Men's brains just don't work right!

That's the other thing, we are laying laminate today. This is what it is...
http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=132318-35938-080066

It has been TEN days since I had any kind of dessert or sweets. That's a long time!! I am really proud of myself!!

Have a great weekend ladies!

Good morning, Clean Eaters!

Katie, Details on the cake please! Glad the company went well. Re Nascar: At least you get to go on RT! But Iknow what you mean about missing out. Next year! Your laminate looks nice - have fun today/this weekend with all of your projects! ^5 on no sweets! I really wanted something last night, and Gina won frosted brownies from the cake walk, but I resisted!

Need to go make breakfast. I have a baby shower today for a step-cousin-in-law who I haven't seen since her wedding shower and THAT was the first time I met her. This will be the second time I've ever seen her. Ugh.

bbl.

Hi Everyone!

I am glad it is the weekend but it will be busy today. I have to work from 1-5 and then dinner with DH and his family at 5 to celebrate his birthday. Hopefully tomorrow I can rest.

Katie, glad you are going on the RT. Do you want to drive up together on Thursday? We can work out the detail after your wedding. Good luck with your house projects this weekend.
Kate, I hate getting invited to showers when you don't know the person. Hopefully there will it won't be too bad.
Hi Robin, Shirl, Steph & Jenn!

w/o is BM2
b: kashi w/ banana
s: cashews
l: tbd
s: apple
d: seafood - the restaurant we are going to brings fresh fish in daily so the menu always changes based on what is fresh.

Have a great day everyone!

Colleen

Colleen, menu looks great!! Yes, we can definitely ride together. I will drive the Highlander, so we will have plenty of room for everyone. I was hoping to leave around mid-day on Thursday, can you get away that early?

Kate, the cake will be 3 tiers -- 14", 10", and 6". Almond pound cake with white buttercream, small polka dots and reverse border, with white chocolate sea shells around the tiers. I will use this cake topper...
http://www.bridalpeople.com/beach-wedding-cake-toppers/24264.asp

Off to look at plants -- bbl!

Colleen, Sorry you have to work today. Was DH happy with his gifts? I'm actually looking forward to the shower - I'll know quite a few people there - but I just hate having to buy gifts for someone I don't know. And it's not like she's going to buy anything for oour baby. Oh well - maybe it'll create some good karma for me! :p

Katie, Cute topper and the cake sounds wonderful. Is this cake for wedding or reception? Happy plant shopping!

--------------

I did not workout y'day. We got back from the carnival too late. So I did CF (minus DM drills) this AM. Thanks Shirl. You made me feel less guilty for skipping them. I was hot, sweaty, tired, blah by the end. But I did BM2 power circuit 2 twice because I love that one so much. Also did LIC abs. I can modify those pretty easily and it actually burns more on an incline!

b - 3/4 c. Kashi, grapes, 1/2 piece 9-grain toast
s - not happenin'
l - I'll eat a plain open-faced turkey sandwich before the shower. I'm hoping they'll have some cut-up fruit there. I'll take a banana to eat on the way home in case they don't. Send me cake-resistance vibes!
s &D - ???? Need to poll the fam on d.

The girls played so nice while I was exercising this AM. I'm hoping to be able to do my WOs in the daytime once Gina is out of school for the summer. It would be sooooo nice to not have to WO at 9pm!

Hello Robin, Steph, and JEnn!

Katie, I love the cake topper. It will be perfect for the wedding. Yes, I can get out early on Thursday. My last project ends on 7/13 and I have nothing else right now after that (although my boss has a backlog so I am sure I will be assigned to something soon).

Kate, DH loved the gifts. One gift didn't arrive until Thursday but he wasn't upset. He said it was fun to spread out the gifts. I hope you are able to do your workouts in the morning during the summer. I used to workout in the evening but everything else got in the way that I missed too many workouts.

Need to get back to my conference calls. I was hoping to do work during them but the email server is down. I have 110 unread emails in my inbox and most of them are from this past week. I hope I didn't miss anything important :)

Colleen

OMG OMG Kate, Steph, Colleen -- I just read that there is a Don Pablos near the hotel. That is one of my FAVORITE restaurants ever. Can we go there?? Please please pretty please??

Colleen, 110 emails! Oh my word! I would be so frustrated.

Katie, Never been to one. It sounds Mexican. I'm game! Just feed me some salsa!

Hi ladies,

No workout for me today and I my eating has far been clean. So we won't talk about that.

Katie I love your cake topper. And the cake sounds yummy.

Colleen have a great time at DH's birthday dinner. Hopefully you can relax tomorrow.

Kate how ws the carnival?

Steph I got an offer for free 2 training session with a PT, how do you incorporate both your Cathe workouts and your PT sessions? I'm thinking it might be worth it at least for the 2 freebies.

Hi Shirl and Robin!

Today my sis and I went to a Womens Health Fair, they have on every year, lots a free stuff. This year Tami Lee Webb and Pamela Peeke were guest speakers. I listened to Tami Lee she is beautiful and funny and smart. Very inspirational.

Jenn

Hey ladies

busybusybusy

had GS today and no w/o b/c my knee is sore

keeping it clean

date tonight with a new guy ... dinner and Forbidden Kingdom movie
I let you know if I'll keep him

:) Love the cake and cake topper Katie
Good w/o Kate

Hey Colleen Jenn and Shirl

Hello clean peeps
Sorry for the late check in, i can hardly type to be quite honest. DH and i had counselling. He was thinking about leaving the relationship. I've been crying since 8am. Not a good day.
Menu followed my not so great day as well, dont care to be totally honest.

Jenn, i train on Wednesdays, he focuses on what i want, last week was HR (keep it high) and agility, and core. I just try to figure out around him, or i ask him what i should do the next day. Go for it!
Katie, i'm game for the restaurant, as long as there's somthing veggie for me!

Robin, have fun!

Kate, no workout guilt okay.
I got a workout in despite the torment. PUB and original bootcamp. Who's stressed enough to do that?
Have a great night everyone
Steph

Hello clean peeps
Sorry for the late check in, i can hardly type to be quite honest. DH and i had counselling. He was thinking about leaving the relationship. I've been crying since 8am. Not a good day.

Jenn, i train on Wednesdays, he focuses on what i want, last week was HR (keep it high) and agility, and core. I just try to figure out around him, or i ask him what i should do the next day. Go for it!

Robin, have fun!

I got a workout in despite the torment. PUB and original bootcamp. Who's stressed enough to do that?
Steph

Hello clean peeps

Robin, have fun!

Steph

Steph {{{{{{HUGS}}}}}} - I know this has been a difficult day. Let me know if there is anything I can do.

Oh Steph, (((((HUGS))))) I am so sorry to hear that. How often do you go to counseling? How did you leave things? Feel free to ignore these questions, you may not want to talk about it.

My day was very busy and I was very active -- it was wonderful. We got round 1 of the flooring done, round 2 (kitchen) is tomorrow. I will also plant the flower beds out front weather permitting.

Sleep tight everyone!!

Steph, Yikes. I am so sorry. Things were turning around for you two not too long ago. I hope something can be worked out. (((big hug))) You wrote he *was* thinking about leaving - did that come out in counseling or did he drop the bomb on the way. Is he still thinking about it?

Katie, Glad you had a productive day.
Jenn, I hope you get a good PT! Does Tammi look really fake (makeup, boobs, etc)?
Robin, We want to hear about the new guy!

Nothing out of the ordinary for us today.
Steph, My heart is breaking for you. (((big hug))) Call if you need to.

Oh, Steph, I'm so sorry you're going through this - Big (((Hugs)). When you're ready to talk, we're hear for you. My heart is breaking for you too.

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.