{<: STS 6 month Alumni - Week of May 9 :>}

Well I got the much needed sleep I think my body was craving! I woke up at 6:30 and while I was eating breakfast, the electricity went out...so I crawled back in bed and fell back to sleep until about 8:40! Now although my face feels really puffy, I feel great! Any other time I would feel like the day is wasted getting up that late:rolleyes:. Now I have to figure out what I am going to do with this whole day.
I know I want to make an all day spaghetti sauce today but other than that I have no plans. Maybe catch up on those LOST episodes since Jo has really peaked my interest!

Kim-Wow TBL team that one did a fantastic job. They look great. They do not even look like the same people!

Jo-Your day with DH sounds like so much fun. My DH is the same way about shopping but when he does finally go with me, it seems like he does better than me too. I wonder why that is. I bet there is some kind of formula for it!:D

Cendrine-I do not know if you will even have time to check in today but I already can't wait for you to get back! I did not realize you were going to be gone for 3 weeks!!!! Yall are going to get to have so much fun and the kids are going to get to learn so much. It is going to be nice to not have to rush all the time! I hope you have a wonderful trip and check in if and when you can!

I am going to go make out a grocery list and see if I can get that over with so I can get on with relaxing today!

Have a WONDERFUL Sunday!

Oh my I almost forgot!

Happy Mother's Day ...to all of you !

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!!

Rachel, I'm glad you slept later than usual! There's a reason that electricity went out and it was for YOU! LOL! I did not sleep well and it's because of that indigestion I had from my mexican food indulgence! Not horrible sleep...just not well! I woke up about 6 times. Let me know what you think of LOST when you get to it!

Not much to report yet as I'm barely up! Just sitting here drinking my coffee! DH is leaving in about an hour so I'm going to figure out what the day has in store for me! One thing for sure...it's going to be a beautiful DAY!

Check it with you all later!

Happy Mother's day to all of you!

Rachel, I am so glad you got to rest and sleep so much! That will do your body a world of good! I wish I could have some of your spaghetti sauce! It's kind of overcast here today and I am feeling like pasta!
I forgot to answer you earlier about the flight. We are taking a nonstop from LAX to Zürich, so we, or at least hopefully the kids will be able to get their regular sleep, since it's a redeye flight. The volcano ash is acting up so the plane may have to go closer over the north pole and swing around scandinavia and then get to Switzerland from the east.... Would add up to 2 more hours to the eleven hour flight, but hey, they are flying, that sounds good to me! We discovered this new bus service from here where we are to the Los Angeles Airport, it's nonstop and about a quarter of the shuttle fare, so we are going to travel with that. THis way we get to keep the carseats at home, which are always a bother, and we won't need them in Switzerland because we'll be on trains and busses and all the whole time. Sounds like a good deal to me, I hope it works!
I'm going to head out for some last minute purchases but then we think we are pretty much good to go. Not packed yet, mind you, just pretty sure we got everything we need...LOL!

Kim, thanks for the picture of the piano teacher, stories like theirs are just really inspiring!

Jo, I'm so sorry about the lousy sleep you got last night! Maybe you can take a nap today? Sounds like you had lots of fun yesterday! what are you going to make with all the veggies?
I had onions, sugar snaps, broccoli and carrots to use up from the fridge and I happened to have spring roll wrappers, so I grated up all of it made an asian seasoning and wrapped and baked it all. So now the fridge is pretty much empty... Things are falling into place!:)
I might have time to check in tomorrw, we are not leaving until noon.
Everyone enjoy your Mother's Day!

Grocery shopping is done and spaghetti sauce is on the stove...yum. It is kind of chilly and overcast here too , Cendrine so it should make for a nice warming dinner tonight and not alot of fuss which is what I feel like today!

Now I am ready to just settle in for the day and see what happens!

Cendrine- You are down to the wire now with the packing.LOL That shuttle sounds like a great luxury. Of course we do not have anything like that here so we just always have someone take us to the airport and pick us up. That is why we do not make the drive to the larger airport in Dallas. It is almost 3 hrs and I would never want to inconvenience someone that much so we just leave out of our rinky dink airport on a puddle jumper.lol
I hope the kids do sleep...I think they are going to be super excited though. Is this the first time for them to go a trip this big? Good idea on the red eye!

Jo-I hope you found something super fun to do on you day alone! I love the house to myself or just a day to myself sometimes. I am looking forward to a day in town alone as soon as this job is over!

Kim-I know you are probably being pampered by your family. They always seem so thoughtful!

Have a great Day!

Rachel

Hi All,

well we're as packed up as we can be for now, so here comes my sit back and relax time LOL!

Rachel, I'm glad your sauce is going and you can rest now too! I'm sure if our airport was as far away as yours we would take a plane to it as well, 3 hrs is a long time! We're lucky to be just an hour away.

The kids are very excited. They both have their own little back packs with some fun snacks and little things to keep them busy. The longest trip they have taken was to Hawaii, about a six hour flight, so this is definitely much bigger. Lucky for them they will not get bored on the way there since they will sleep, I hope, but on the way back, things might get a little old, since there is no red eye on the way back. But maybe they'll be so exhausted from all the trips we've taken that they will just sleep anyway....

Echoing Kim's post: Have a great trip Cendrine!!!! Safe travels and I hope you have a wonderful time with your family!!! Glad you used up all the food! LOL!

Quick update on my day...I ended up cleaning, grocery shopping (both Albertsons and Costco) talked to my mom, DH mom, made kale/bean soup, baked vegetables and am still doing laundry! Oh, and watched the swimming DVD. In 5 minutes I got more tips on breathing and swimming then I've gotten in my entire life!!! I can't wait to take it to the pool and try! So all in all, I enjoyed my time alone and it was very productive yet relaxing!

Rachel, you have a great day tomorrow - don't work too hard! I'd love to try your sauce!

Kim, hope your day is great as well! Do you start week 4 tomorrow?

Oh...and bad girl...I didn't do any workout today! I haven't worked out in 3 DAYS! But you know I feel very rested and plan to hit the Gym Styles tomorrow! I'm kind of half-way following the March rotation only inserting my gym cardio. I actually didn't do that on purpose but it's working out that way!

Now time to hit the bed with my book!

Good Monday Morning!!!

Just a quickie for me! I did the drill max 39 min. premix and it felt great this morning. SO I guess I did need a little rest!:eek: I smiled through out the entire workout! Yippee!

Cendrine, I was going to write all kinds of good byes in different languages but then I realized I did not know how to spell them!LOL So I hope you have a great trip and safe travels!

Jo-Your day sounds about as relaxing as it gets. It is nice to me to get stuff done. That relaxes me!

Kim-Have a great day!!!!!

TTYL
Rachel

Ok, Girls, last post from me on this continent....:)
We are so ready, the kids are asking every half hour how much longer they have to wait...LOL That's the trouble with leaving midday on a long journey, you have time on your hands.... I took the opportunty and did some cleaning, since I love coming home to a clean house!
We had to weigh our suit cases to make sure they meet the max allowed and had to redistribute some things, but everything's all set now.
Rachel, I had to smile when you mentioned you didn't know how to spell good-bye in the different languages!
Thanks for all your well wishes, we'll make sure we have a blast, and I'll check in with you guys as we can as well as post pics when I get a chance!

In the meantime, enjoy your workouts! I packed several dvds and the band, so I will be doing something, even if it's just light and lots of stretching.

Good Day!!!

I had to be in early this moring so haven't worked out yet but will be leaving shortly to go home and do GS Chest & Triceps.

Rachel, I love those Drill Max workouts! It seems it's been ages since I've done one!

Cendrine...You're probably on the plane this very minute...RELAX!!

Hello Kim and happy day!

CBL!

Owi... My calves are already sore from my drill max work out this morning!
Well now it's just the 3 of us for a while until Cendrine can check in. How exciting for her to be able to take her kids back to the place where she grew up!

We are chugging along on our job. By the end of this week we should be pretty much at the end except for a few odds and ends. Wooohooo!

I have to admit when I got home tonight, I defrosted a black bean soup and it was delish but I bought these "crackers" from our little grocery store because I have not been able to go to my normal store for those sorts of things...Anyhow. I think they are new and they are some sort of almond cracker from wheatables or something...I need to go look , Anyhow, they are very dangerous. I know they are not good for me at all and I only intended to have a few with my soup and I ended up going back for a few more and then few more...I bet I ate 500 calories in crackers:eek::eek::mad::rolleyes:! Just think some people do not even realize that! Well I do and am sure not proud to admit it but there it is! LOL

I guess I have went on enough about nothing much ...Tomorrow is 4DS upper body. I hope it has a premix for the entire upper body. I forgot to check on that before I worked it into my schedule!

TTYT
Rachel

Good Morning Everyone! Tonight is spinning and then TBL! Yeah!

Dangerous crackers Rachel? LOL! Yes, those are the things that get people into trouble! :D Well I think as hard as you've been working AND working out you didn't do any damage! LOL! They do sound good!

So this heel issue has come back - it's not real bad but bad enough that I think I need to go see a Dr. Since I'm not sure if it's my achilles, if nothing else, I want to make sure I'm taking care of it properly so want to know what it is! It feels like it's on the heel bone but then it kind of moves. It could be a little bursitis too...I don't know! So I made an appt with a podiatrist next Thursday (it's at a sports clinic) - maybe it'll be gone before then! I might just need orthotics or something. This is the same foot I had surgery on years ago and I have a pin in it but that's up by my big toe joint. Who knows??? :confused:

Alrighty...I'm off to the shower! Have a great day! Rachel, how are those calves today?

Oh no! Jo, I'm having foot problems too! I'm sorry that yours came back! For some reason the top of my foot is all swollen and painful. I think it's muscular. I'm on my feet all day at work so last night and tonight just icing and stretching. So no workouts for me. Which is fine, I think I needed a break anyways.

Rachael, crackers can definitely be dangerous! I bought some Kashi ones last week and they were yummy! I ate the whole box in a few days:eek:

Going to relax and watch TBL tonight! I'm doing well with the clean eating. I did have one chocolate today as a patient brought me a box for a thankyou.

Oh Kim! We are a PAIR! Do you think you may have done something? You know how you get a bruise once in a while and know you hit something but can't remember? (Or is that just me? :eek:) Gosh, I hope it's not to painful! Well mine doesn't hurt while I'm doing activity but I was careful while spinning tonight. It consistently hurts when I flex it and my leg is straight...but sometimes it hurts when I don't expect. Anywho, it's not THAT BAD but I don't want it to get worse. I iced it as soon as I got home tonight. And like I said before...the pain moves around a little. I hope yours get's better fast! Especially since you're on your feet so much!

TBL was very touching tonight! I was sad about Sunshine but kind of had an inkling it would be her. Darius looks AMAZING! I wonder if he's going to win? I think it'll either be him or Koli to win. I love the reflection on their journeys!

Rachel, how are those calves? I suspect they may have been worse today! Hope you're doing okay and not working TOO hard!

Kim, congrats on the clean eating - glad it's working for you!

Hope Cendrine is adjusting to the time changes!

TTY both tomorrow!

Good Hump Day Yall!!!

Well I promise that since I missed checking in yesterday morning that I had every intention of checking in last night but then we had a slight crisis...My neighbor called us at about 7:30 and told us that our water meter box was full of water and leaking into the ditch. I was already in the shower and so dh said if he needed me he would call and of course he needed some help getting the water turned off. So here I set...waterless! So needless to say there is no work out going on for me this morning because I do not want to get sweaty and not be able to shower.
The other sucky thing is that this is a repair dh could probably do for about $10 but since there is no way that he can miss today at work because they are tearing down the temporary wall to the existing church and he has to be there to tie in the carpet...well now I am going to have to pay a plumber probably more like $300. DH will be brooding on that one for a week! LOL
What I reaaly hate the most is DH having to go to work today by his self. We hashed it out last night though and see no other way around it. I am hoping I can get a plumber to come really early and that way I can do some things we have been putting off...like oil change in the work truck!

Yesterday I did the 4DS chest, shoulders and tris. There was a total upper body workout but it was too long so I thought I would break it into 3 days putting back and bi's on Saturday and if that one is short then I would have time to add abs. The C,S, and T was a tough workout though.

Jo-The calves are still kicking. I had so much stair climbing to do yesterday at work so it was a constant reminder!
I hate that you are having foot pain! Or heel pain , rather...but I am glad you are going to see someone about it. I think since it has went away and come back that you should go anyway if you are not feeling any pain by next Thurs.. They might still be able to tell why you were having pain that way you might be able to avoid it.

Kim-You too with the foot issues. That is terrible! I am glad that you are giving your self a break on the working out and letting it heal!. The March rotation sound like it was a tough one. I know that she doubled up alot of work outs...Did that make them really long or did they come in at around an hr still? I know on the week you work a body part a day and also the cardio that maybe it was not as long as working a couple of body parts on the same day.

Cendrine-Hiya from over here:D

Oh yea a side note on those darn crackers...I always always always read ingredients on things...that is what keeps most things from coming home from the grocery store with me...While I was snacking on those delicious crackers again last night I started thinking they were awfully sweet to not have sugar in them...So When I read over the ingredients , there in black and white was sugar and high fructose corn syrup:eek:! I do not know how I missed that...the only thing I can figure is that I was in a hurry! They will not get me again!

Well I better go see what I can do with out water. At least I had mop water so I could flush the toilet!:eek:
TO be continued...:D

TTYL

Rachel

Almost noon and no plumber yet! The man I called said he would call when he headed this way. I am beginning to think that it is going to be really later this afternoon.

Does it really show my desperation for a clean house that I fill four 5 gallon buckets with water from my neighbors...(I had to drive the truck..too far to walk) and boiled water to get it hot just so I could do some cleaning with all this spare time. I got the floors mopped and the kitchen clean and the living room spring cleaned. Now I need to see what I can do to the bathrooms. I really need more water than I have got for those but I might try to do the east surfaces like the sinks. It smells very fresh in here anyway.

Poor dh is at work alone but when I talked to him a liitle while ago it sounded like he was handling it.

Still no workout. I was hoping the plumber would come early enough to get something in but nothing yet. Needless to say the cleanest part on me is my teeth. At least you can still get a good brush with a bottle of water! LOL

TTYL

Rachel

Hi Girls,

It is Wednesday evening here and I just put the kids down. We had some thunder and lightning earlier which was exciting for the kids! Our flight was delayed and had to go extra around the ash cloud, so we got here kind of late and were rather fried, but everything went well and we are now settled in and ready to start vacationing!
We took the kids to town today to see the baby bears. My city (Bern) legend tells, was built into the loop of the River and they went to hunt in the woods to find a name for the city, whichever animal they found they would name the city after. I'm sure they pretended not to see the bunnies and squirrels! LOL! Anyway, they say it was a bear and so the city's flag is a bear and you can buy so many things as bears, like chocolate bears and cookies and everything. They had these bear pits at the very loop of the river for viewing, and right before I left to come here, they were in the process of making a nicer more humane habitat for the bears along the banks of the river instead of deep small pits. I got to see it today for the first time. It was so cute to see the baby bears attack each other and tumble down the hill together! Supposedly the baby bears were a gift from Russia to Bern, don't ask me who from and why....

Well, it is going well and we are looking forward to a nice stay.

I'm so sorry to hear about your feet, Kim and Jo! I hope you will both find what works to get better!
Rachel, oh no on the water! How annoying! My dh would hate to have to pay someone to fix it too! Crackers are one of my danger spots for sure, Kim the Kashi ones are quite delish and there is never enough in one bag, they should make family pack sizes for that, except that would just get me into more trouble! LOL! A little chocolate is going to help you stay with it, you know, so don't feel bad about the chocolate. My mom already gave us a whole box of chocolate and I know there will be more from other family members, so I am holding off buying any myself! I hope they will get some of my favorite, but not too much! LOL!

Tomorrow we go to a cabin in the forest for a fun get together with all my relatives and friends. It will be fun seeing everyone again.
I didn't get more than maybe 30min worth of sleep the night on the plane and then I was up half the night after that...:rolleyes: So I am going to try to get some sleep tonight.
I'll catch up again with you again when I get a chance.
I didn't get any exercise yet but I do walk the 5 flights of stairs to my mom's condo and anywhere else where there are stairs. Because of the higher altitude, I get winded easily....:eek::)

Wow Cendrine...You have not been gone long yet and it sounds like you are already packing in lots of fun. I know when we get chocolate from dh's relatives in Norway it is the best...And very dangerous. Thank goodness it only comes during the holidays.
Isn't it funny how you grew up in that altitude but that your body changes to adapt to where you live. I bet if you moved back over there though you body might get used to it faster than the rest of your family since it might have some memory.
So glad you checked in so soon. Just join when you can. I would not worry about the exercise too much...it sounds like you are going to have plenty of walking in the near future!

~Rachel

Oh yea the plumber is here!!! yippee!~

Rachel! HOLY COW! You didn't need any problems like this! But, at least you've made your time at home very productive!!! :p Oh and my DH would be complaining about the price of him doing it versus paying someone so yeah I'm sure that will come up a time or two in the future! LOL! It sounds like with all the cleaning you've been doing today you've more then compensated for a workout!

Cendrine, WOW, I'm surprised you had a chance to pop in so soon! Glad you made it there safe and sound. Oh my mom collects bears so she would be in heaven seeing all the bear goodies! :D I hope you are able to catch up on your sleep over the next couple of days. But how is your back? Are you feeling okay? Doing all those stairs will really keep you in shape!

Okay, quick note on me...I did Disc 14 Legs today. I was going to do GS Legs and at the last minute had a deep desire for trisets! :D So my legs are talking to me!

Hi Kim! Hope your day is going well!

CBL!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.