{}~{}~Clean/Chatty/Cathes/Thuesday~{}~{}

angie_mitchell

Cathlete
Morning girls,

Sorry I wasn't around yesterday. I'm finding that I really only have one or two times a day I can sit down and look at this site! I do try to read when I get email notifications though!

This morning I went to the gym for my c25k run. I'm on week 3 now and today got to do two rounds of 90 sec on/90 sec off and then 3 min on/3 min off. Felt good. No knee pain thus far. I'm crossing my fingers. This afternoon I will do PUB (CST). My abs are delightfully sore from y'day.

Kate, sounds like you had a fun day with your girls y'day. Your "cut the cheese" post on fb was cracking me up. Last night we were playing monopoly with Annabel and Ellie (whose attention span is too short) was just sitting on my lap and I squeezed her really hard and she tooted and then it became this hilarious game where every time I squeezed, she tooted. I literally had tears in my eyes. Such fun times with my sweet girls. Hope J slept better for you last night and I'm so sorry about your clogged duct. UGH!!!

Robin, how are you enjoying 4DS? I am looking forward to doing that one again during my "meso 3" workouts. I'm also planning to buy S&H (the last Cathe I don't have aside from STS) for that time. YAY for your weight being down! I'm sure the diet is having a big effect!

Katie, are you all healed now? When is AF due? Did you get tris in last night?

Wendy, I love love love mac and cheese. I could eat homemade all day long! I'm always so jealous of your gym classes! I go to multi step with my MIL every time I am home at Lifetime. So fun!

Becky, WTG with HIIT and glad to hear that you were able to go with your DD to the doc and that everything is OK. I had my mom with me when my first DD was born. It was great!

Klaudia, I can totally relate to your grocery woes. We spend about 800€ per month so that is usually about $1200!!! EEK! I think groceries (specifically meat) are super expensive here though. I have taken a calc a few times to track but in the end, buy what I need. I'm no help...

Colleen, WTG on doing back to back HIITs. I haven't tried it yet but I want to. I'm still feeling all the time like I'm battling an impending cold so my energy level is never quite there!

Nina, I'm with Kate - what are your goals? I'm of the impression that you are likely in better shape than Cathe herself... what changes do you want?!?! I know everyone has their own levels of inadequacies. I just want to make sure that you are thinking in a healthy way about it! And sorry about FD! I can relate for sure right now!

Clintoya, I'm sorry you're not feeling well either! It is just that time of the year, isn't it. I'm desperately trying to avoid it - we were sick SO much last winter/last year in general. Get lots of rest and drink lots of fluids! Can't believe you even attempted to WO!

DrBecky, great to see you and I'm so glad you are almost done with your ICU overnights! I'm sure that will be a great relief. Great WO! Sorry about your cold feet. I miss my jogging stroller. I had a double BOB in AZ and we were out with it at least daily. I loved to "strollerblade!"

Hellooooooo LISA!!

Anne, I'm jealous that you are sailing the ocean blue, sipping froofroo drinks and getting tan!

OK - time for more studying. I'm a broken record. :)

Have a great day all, I'll check in when I can!

Morning Angie! Thanks for asking, I am feeling about 95% better. I did not do tris last night-:eek:-I watched The Bachelor instead-:eek::eek:. AF is due in a little less than a week, so we will know something soon (*fingers crossed*). I don't really have a *feeling* one way or the other... But I am hoping!

I overslept - oops!! Guess it's HIIT for me this morning! Will do tris tonight, I swear!

Morning! feeling a bit better today - hope it continues!

BEcky, Thanks for the sympathy last ight - I was feeling very rotten!

Angie, Holy Personals, Batman!!! Nicely done!:p
LOL @ your tooting daughter!
Hope the studying gos well today
nice going on your runs

Katie, Get those tris tonight!
We all can't wait to hear some news next week!

-
No plans here for today - just to nurse my throat....and my boob...and my belly..,,,,,:mad::eek:

Good Morning Girls !

Hi Angie, Katie, Kate and all who straggles in as the morning goes on.........lol

Today is disc 22 chest, shoulders, triceps! I heart Meso 2 !

Will bbl

Becky

good morning. just said good bye to dh, so i am a little weepy. af came last night, and i was a hormonal wreck all day. i did my damage on some shoc chips, but it could have been worse. i felt wonderful after my yoga yday - i really am addicted!

hi angie - your story of your girls made me smile. i love being silly with my boys. i love their sense of humor. you and kate asked about my goals. i know i have tons of cardio capacity and muscle strength. i am also very flexible i am finding. but i have literally put on 5-6lbs since we have moved here. i am so frustrated, b/c i think i have been eating really really well. i am not binging or doing processed foods. i eat tons of fruits and veggies and good whole grains. i just do not know what the deal is. and it is real weight. i have a reverse muffin top now:eek: (extra on my back with 1certain pair of pants), extra on my thighs. i need to figure out how much i need to eat and do it healthfully. but literally, the scale is just going up, and i do not know why. i am truly not eating more than before, and i am eating cleaner than 1 month ago. i am not sure what to do. i think this week i will try calorie cycling and i guess cut my total cals down. i worry my metaboilism is messed up - i have been pregnant or nursing for the better part of 4.5 yrs, i am hormonally challenged, and i just started a higher dose of bcp for the estrogen. maybe i am making excuses though. probably wayyyy more than you wanted to hear:eek: sorry for the book.

kate, i hope you feel better. i am so sorry and wish i could help. i'd scoop up that baby and wisk your girls away so you could rest. we'd have a great time:)

becky, tell me what you like about meso 2 so much. i found this last meso 1 wo lasted forever:( i love love love the pushups and exercises, but 56 min seemed so long. also, can you do handstands, out of curiosity? i am trying so hard!! i love mark's yoga. i may get some shieva rae too:eek:

katie, fingers crossed for you. sometimes that 2 week window lasts forever.

must get breakfast for kids. veggies and egg whites and a few nuts for me. bbiab

Angie, Holy Personals, Batman!!!

Ditto! I tell myself that I don't have the time, but really I don't have that good of a memory! I guess I could make notes!

Kate, I sure hope you get to feeling better today! Girls going to school today?

Becky, I heart meso 2 too!

Nina, so sorry about your weepiness. Chris has to go away for work in a couple weeks and I am a nervous wreck about it! The same thing has been happening to me with the ## - the GWF is helping.

Did 30 minutes of Hiit this morning, will do tris, core, and laundryMAX tonight!

i missed a little from yday
clintonya, are you better? i hate ear infections.

klaudia, how was dinner last night? glad you were not on the roads to dance.

wendy,thanks for the tips. i try to only get precut stuff if on sale, but i do buy shredded cheese. thanks for the tips.

becky sure, what are vibram 5 fingers? in maine, i loved my smart wool socks. i could run down to 0 if i had them on with a base layer. glad your nights are coming to a close.

gotta run!

Morning!

Getting ready to head to my annual check-up at the lady doctor's:) Bummed cause my husband just came home after working 23 hours straight and wanted to take me to breakfast:( Nothing else on tap for today. Workout will be cardio/abs this afternoon then dance.

Angie, don't you wish you could have a camera running 24/7 to record everything the girls say and do? It goes by so fast-I keep telling Nevena to stop growing:( Yay for sore abs! Happy studying!

Katie, hoping things go your way this month! Get those tris in!

Kate, hope your throat and your boob and your belly feel better today!

Becky, have a good workout!

Nina, dinner was a variation on what I had for dinner on Sunday and lunch yesterday-she made turkey meatballs and pasta with garlic bread and salad:) I had made pasta with turkey meat marinara with sauteed zucchini, mushrooms, onion, and garlic. I don't blame you for being weepy-I'd be a mess! You're making me want to do yoga!

Ok, gotta slap some makeup on-bbl!

angie, LOL @ your tooting daughter =) we have been letting JJ be without a diaper sometimes because has a horrible rash the last few days... so everytime we hear a toot we go running to him with a towel just in case! no major accidents yet but i think we're due for one, lol.

katie, we're all holding out for ya... and when the time is right it will happen!

becky, from yday... you are such a great, supportive mama!

kate, yuck yuck and yuck to your throat, boob and belly =( NO FUN. do you have a family member or friend who coud come by to help, like, no cooking, cleaning, driving the kids? spend the day in bed and do NOTHING but nurse when you gotta!

nina, do you know what your body fat percentage is? b/c if you're up a few lbs but your bfp is still excellent, then the lbs mean something different, ya know? you are in FABULOUS shape woman... you are totally inspirational to me right now. don'tbeat yourself up.

klaudia, can't believe you have a smiley there for the hoo-ha doc... i hate that experience and always put it off way too long! big frown for me. wish i could havw a more positive attitude about it but i start to freak out in the stirrups.

today is my appt with the trainer to go over a nautilus / cardio circuit routine. funny thing is, my elbow is so so much better, i can move it more and more without hurting since Friday. also have a follow up apptwith the orthopedist today. maybe i can go back to power sooner than i thought.

b - oats, apples, pecans
l - ham and veg panini
d - prob will eat at the temple with the kids tonight... must watch my portion on the mac and chs. finished making the 3 casseroles. salad is done and ready to be dropped off. just need to make the brownies during nap today.

Whew!!! My workout saved me ! LOL

Okay that's a little dramatic, but I woke up to learn it's TTOM......SHOULD have known because yesterday when I was almost ready to go to bed, I was suddenly STARVING and couldn't talk myself out of getting a snack. I had a handful of nuts, some cheese and some pretzels !!!!! Just wasn't sure where that came from out of the blue !
But this morning I woke up crampy and achy....and feeling very sluggish. I was talking myself into getting a blanket and curling up on the couch. That sounded great, but I also knew that if I made myself work out I would feel much better and I did and I do ! Yay !!!
Great workout and I'm having my breakfast smoothie (clean eating diet cookbook) and maybe NOW I'll curl up on the couch !!! ha

Clintonya- I've had vertigo a couple of times. Once very severely . I spent all day on the couch and if I MOVED my head I felt like I was going to fall off the couch and felt like I was going to throw up. It was awful and I hope I never experience it again.
I hope you feel much better soon. That is a horrible feeling.

Kate- I hope you are on the road to recovery.

Nina- I love Meso 2 for so many reason. She changes it up so much. Today were a lot of drop sets. But it's different all the time. and the workouts fly by. Unlike Meso 1, I don't feel rushed or frenzied changing weights etc.. and I feel strong !
Yoga - I LOVE but I'm not advanced.....just love the stretching and the feeling of strength and calmness it gives me.

Klaudia- good luck at the dr. I have that appointment next month . But, like you.....I'd much rather go out to breakfast !!! *wink*

Have a great day ! It's cloudy and dreary here. Snow coming tonight but not much at all.......THANKFULLY !!!!!!

Becky

Good Morning Everyone!

I am a little tired this morning and did not do my workout this morning. DH and I stayed in bed and had a good talk. Will try to get it all in tonight (STS Disc 19 CST). I found out yesterday that the contract my company was hoping to get was put on indefinite hold. I was supposed to lead that project so I need to figure out what my other options are.

Kate, I hope you are getting better. I hate when everything hits at once.
DrBecky, that's great about no overnights! Those are killers. I have done some overnight implementations and it takes me days to get back to normal.
Angie, that is so cute about Ellie. I am glad you had some silly time with the girls.
Katie, the CST in Meso 2 is long! Hope you can do tri's tonight.
Klaudia, that's sweet DH wanted to go to breakfast.
Clintonya, my sinuses can make me dizzy sometimes too. I hope you are feeling better today.
Nina, Meso 2 is long too, but it is divided by body part instead of all mixed in so it is easier to break up the workout.
Becky, way to go on your workout despite AF! I would rather curl up too but I try to workout because I know it will make me feel better.
Wendy, it's still good to learn the nautilus machines in case you need them later. I hope your dr. appt. goes well.

Quick check in (gotta pick up girls soon). Just finished CST from PUB. Holy triceps. They were already sore from Core Max y'day and now they're shakin! I love it!

Drinking my bfast smoothie from the CE diet book - Becky! I LOVE it!

Gotta squeeze in a bit more studying b4 I get girls.

BBL.

Angie, I had to skip Sat’s w/o so I wanted to try to get something in! Sounds like a fun night w/the girls :) Glad the running is continuing to go well!

Katie, how did hiit go? I can imagine even at 95% w/bronchitis it may be still hard to breathe!

Becky, I had that kind of evening too because of ttom coming this week! I got into the kettle chips :eek: Straggling is a good word – that’s how I am feeling today! Glad you w/o made you feel better :)

Nina, sorry about dh having to leave :( Glad the yoga is helping :) No more major dizzy spells, but still having small ones when I move my head too fast or lean over.

Klaudia, how nice of dh, I can imagine he is exhausted! Hope the dr's appt goes well.

Wendy, glad the elbow is feeling better! That’s a funny image of you running around w/the towel :D

Kate, hope you are feeling better :) I wish I could help you out too :) You need to rest :)

Colleen, it’s always good to start off the day w/your dh :) Thanks, I am feeling a little better. I did have some pain in my head last week that would come and go like sinus pressure, so that could be part of this.

Becky Sue, thanks, I tried a little Benadryl last night. Didn’t have a major dizzy spell so that is good. Yea for the one week left and no overnight on calls until May!!! The bag sounds like fun! I was looking into five fingers, do they have good cushioning? - I w/o on a hard wood floor.

Hi Robin & Lisa!

Still not feeling 100%, but haven’t had a major dizzy spell. Just been feeling a little woozy. Ears and throat are still hurting a little and both dds said they aren’t feeling that well either. I usually take a rest day on Tue anyway, so I may just go ahead and do that even though I had to skip Sat.

Clintonya

Hi Girls! I'm feeling much better than yesterday but still kinda ick. I am so behind in housework - gotta use some time to pick this place up. Hoing to get some LS in if I have time.

Will try to BBL.....

hey everyone. back from the playground and i am tired!! tomorrow i am sleeping in for sure. all this 4:30am stuff is catching up to me.

angie, hope the studying goes okay.

clintonya, glad you are feeling a little better, but rest sounds good.

colleen, it is so important to connect to dh! glad you got that time today. why so tight?

wendy, that is fantastic you are feeling so much better with your elbow.

becky, i may look into that book. your smoothies always sound so good.

klaudia, maybe you and dh can have brunch instead:D hope the dr goes okay. i am so glad i am done until next february.

okay, tired and grumpy, i still need to pull out back and tris at nap time. i want to do yoga instead:( oh well. i will feel better after the weights i know. eats are super squeaky clean and portion controled

Back from the doctor and a side trip to Target;) My ob is pregnant with her fourth!:eek: She'll be 40 next year but looks 15! How do doctors do it? I'm frazzled and I stay home!

Wendy, I really don't mind going to any doctor. And my ob is so nice and fun to talk to, I don't even notice the stirrups! Hope your lesson goes well. I'd stick to the machines for a little while at least-don't go back before your elbow is really ready.

Becky, way to go on working out instead of lounging! Exercise is one of the best things for us during TTOM.

Colleen, sorry about work-you can't seem to catch a break!

Clintonya, I'm gonna hold him to a raincheck for sure!:) Hope you start to feel better!

DrBecky, yay for the end of overnights! I still don't know how you manage everything!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.