{{{{{{{{{{ 12 Week Challengers...thursday feb 21 }}}}}}}}}}

punka274

Cathlete
Wow,Ican't believe the thread hasn't been started yet,where are all you gals at;-)

today is a 30min HIIT on the tm!

(Caution-LORI,Im whining about a rest day agian...don't read the following paragrah)lol;-)

This is my sixth week doing BFL-im physically tired for some reason this week? I mean every workout this week i have been dragging my but? I may even take a rest day today-im use to taking two rest days a week,maybe a should! I don't know,what do you guys think? I love my workouts and I know if I don't workout today it will be on my conscious tonight :-(!

Oh well,tonight is Survivor...yay;-)

bbl-I need to read yesterdays thread sometime today

Good morning all -

Amelia - Listen to your body! There is nothing wrong with an unplanned rest day. You can do it! Great workout already this morning.

Sorry I've been MIA, but if you remember I wasn't feeling well - for good reason I found out! I have walking pneumonia! YUCK x( I just finished my meds last night so I'm hoping today will be the start of feeling much better.

I did teach step last night, but very basic and that seemed to go well. I'm still 'cloudy' and feel dizzy at times, but hopefully on the mend. This morning I have a horrible headache which is not normal for me, but I'm hoping to move past that here soon, too. UGH! If it's not one thing it's another. I'm hoping to get on here and catch up with all of you so I'm not so far out of the loop. ;-)

I have step class again tonight, it's a make up from having to cancel Monday due to my illness. It'll be easy again, but I do feel better getting a workout in no matter how easy.

Take care all, I'm hoping to be back around again now.

Marcia.

RE: {{{{{{{{{{ 12 Week Challengers...thursday feb 21 }}...

Good Thursday morning Girls :) :) :)

Amelia: Perhaps you have cut too many calories. Maybe your body is looking for fuel to get you through those workouts and can't find it so its making you tired. It's just a thought. Could be your protein intake is down.

Marcia : Get better girl

Today's workout is a 5 miles. Working triceps I think to PUB/ME and using machines at the gym as well. I will work my abs as well there.

I got the best compliment yesterday at the grocery store from a member of my gym. My daughter kinda glared at the guy thinking he was stalking me LOL. But it's nice when a stranger notices your hard work. I mentioned it to DH --I don't think he heard me x( Don't ya hate when men are like that?

BRB need a refill and have to flip flop loads of laundry

Kath - You go girl!! I agree, great compliment!

Marcia.

Good Morning Ladies:)

Todays workout is a long run. Not sure how long until I get on the dreadmill. I guess Im gonna have to find something to watch as well! Oh SHOOT! I fell asleep lying down with DD last night and I forgot to record Cashmere Mafia!!!x( x( x( x( x( Darn,darn,darn!!!!

I have some DOMS from yesterdays workout but its not to bad. Im hoping it won't get any worse b/c I need my legs today.
Did all my house work last night! Yippe! I feel so much better now that it is all down. In the meantime DS is sitting there eating his breakfast and trying to push the tray of his high chair off. This happened once before and I guess he enjoyed the noise. I make sure its on there good these days. Last thing I need is more mess to clean up!

Ameila** A rest? Whats up with that? Never heard of such a thing!!! LOL If your body is demanding one then listen to your body...its know best!

Kath** Men don't hear ANYTHING! I have come to that conclusion. Actually, one of my friend TOLD me the other day that my DH said that he doesn't hear half of what I say. When I asked him about he claimed that he said, I say that I don't hear hald of what he says! Yeah right!

Marcia** Hope you feel better soon! Take something for that awful headache!!!!

Ill be back later to report my mileage. Won't be until after lunch though!

Lori:)

Quick post.

Amelia-listen to your body. It's telling you something. If taking a complete rest day is going to bother you mentally, then maybe do yoga or a stretch workout?

Kath-EXCELLENT compliment! Just wait till DH hears you getting more and more! HA!

This morning's workout for me was iTread 1 (over 6 miles) and Core Max on the ball. Stretching tonight during SURVIVOR, BABY! LOL

Gayle

Marica-if your feeling coudy and dizzy then maybe doing a step class isn't a good idea? I do hope you get to feeling better!

Kath-Im not sure on how many cals im taking inn,im following BFL-maybe i should go back and count what I ate yesterday..im thinking around 1800 or so(which is good for my wieght and height)..Awesome compliment yesterday! How old is your daughter? LOl at her glaring at you after the compliment,i can see my daughter doing that too(when shes older of course)

Compliments are so nice to hear...my DH gave me a hug yesterday and made the comment'my baby is melting away!" LOL,I guess compared to my former-self I am! I will take that as a compliment:)

Gayle-Great workout this morning,what is itread 1 like? I hope that big dark headed muscle guy gets voted out on survivor tonight,LOL

Lori-Have a great workut today

bbl

Good Morning,

Tonites workout is either Turbo Jam or 30min on TM depends on which one I feel like doing when I get home.

Lori-I'm doing a rotation that Lanie made up for me.
Gayle-I would like the recipe for protein pancakes I tried to find the original post, but couldn't.

Brkfst.-grapefruit,boiled egg and toast
AM snack-yogurt and banana
Lunch-veggie soup
PM snack-orange,salad, and either cheese or protein bar
Supper-baked pork chops, mashed potatoes and peas
Late snack-protein shake

I'm off to work snowing here again today, and incrediblly cold.

Amelia-You mean "The Hulk"? LOL He's HUGE, isn't he! HEY...get this! Ami on Survivor.....she's Bill Phillips' ex-fiance! So there's a link between Survivor and BFL! LOL (I read that on the forums over there last night!)

Roxie-here's the recipe for the Protein Pancakes:
Protein Pancakes
1 C oats
1 C cottage cheese
6 egg whites
2 packs Splenda (I omit this)
¼ tsp vanilla
¼ tsp cinnamon

· Process all ingredients in a food processor or blender, until smooth.
· Allow to sit a few minutes to let the oats absorb some of the liquid.
· On a preheated skillet, cook pancakes slowly over low-medium heat. It will take longer than normal pancakes for the centers to cook thru.

Notes:
· This makes 2 servings, each a LARGE pancake. What I like to do is use my Pampered Chef muffin-sized scoop (don’t know the measurement of that) and make small pancakes.
· These freeze extremely well, and I LOVE these reheated in the TOASTER!!!!

Hey girls,just popping in right quick....

I stopped whining and done my workout AND with the speed @7 for the last interval(happy dancing;-))

I need to scoot to the store...bbl

Gayle-yeah the hulk,thats who im talking about...he kinda gets on my nerves(but hes not as bad as that jonny fairplay x(). Funny about Ami on survivor being Bill Phillips ex-fiance. Which one is Ami?

Hi Girls!

Just popping in to report my workout. DH suggested I watch Oceanseleven so that when "we" watch Oceans12 I will know whats going on. Whatever...not really my type of movie but I watched it. It is a good movie but Im not into the whole robbing/planning movies:eek: :)
So I did 11 miles..it was a good run but probably not the wisest thing I have done after doing leg work yesterday. I wasn't tired but my legs were.

I will be back later for personnals!

Lori:)

Hi,
Quick check in - crazy schedule today. It looks like everyone is doing well. My workout went well this morning - my own weight circuit, quickie premix from Power yoga 4 happiness and I have core planned for this evening.

Sorry, no time for personals, maybe tonight! :)

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

Quickie check in then I have to get back to the LaundryMax.

Today's WO was Intervals 1-4 on Low Max. I didn't complete the last blast because I was pooped. Been an emotional day, a friend (more of an acquaintance, really) was killed in a car accident on the way to work yesterday. Her son is in my oldest's class. Very sad situation.

Plus, I have a bonus child today, I am watching my friend's son while she takes her other boy to the Dr.

I will try to BBL!

Hellooooo Challengers.

Lunchtime so need to be quick.

Yesterday I attempted my 4DS, Chest and Back, but my hand was hurting so didn't get to lift very heavy. Still a bit of DOMS though:p

Got my tush outta bed this AM again and am happy to announce, Amelia, ya got me motivated girl ! I did two short intervals @ 7 ! The first for a minute and then actually stuck it out for 2 min the second time.

Thanks for the push ! After that, running @ 6 seemed like an all out jog}(

Got a cardio to do tonight, think I'll do Butts & Gutts since my legs won't be until Sun.

Eating went OK until I got a stomach ache and ate crackers to make it feel better - then for dinner I finished some clam chowder so the potatos added a bit too much carb for me. Oh well, B&G should help a bit.

Hope to get back later - DH & DS have a roller hockey playoff game @ 9:15 tonight so probably should go to that. Means not much time after work since we have a little drive.

Oh yea ! Gayle, did I miss a post about how you like your new GPS? Are ya hooked?

Hey guys! I have to apologize to you guys for being lax on my posting here with you gals! It's been a bit busier here this week than the last few weeks....things at school. I'm getting involved in the PTA more (as in, running for PTA President for next school year), and I'm slowly getting involved with our community Baseball League. All good stuff, just a few things popped up this week unexpectedly!

Jacque-I LOVE my new GPS! I will never run without it again! HA!

We’re expecting a winter storm tonight, starting after midnight. They’re forecasting 6” of snow and freezing rain, which means the kids and I are counting on a SNOW DAY tomorrow. For tomorrow’s workout, I’m planning on BFL upper body weights, followed by a 4 mile run (thinking iTread 25 Top 40???).

Today’s meals were:
M1: Scrambled egg wrap
M2: stuffed green pepper
M3: bar, 1 string cheese
M4: White Bean soup
M5: 5 oz smoked turkey sausage, Roasted Veggie soup, steamed broccoli
M6: apple, 2 string cheese (during Survivor)

Today just at the end of work, my lady friends invited me out for an impromptu PEDICURE! I accepted....it's only the second one I've ever had, and I LOVE IT! It was so much fun to just sit and chat with the ladies! I told them I felt like the COOL GIRLS invited me into their clique! LOL

Gayle

I know how you ladies love recipes, so I've got one for you here that I made for dinner tonight for the first time. VERY GOOD!

Black Bean Soup

1T. oil (I omitted becuase I used a nonstick pot)
1 onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, chopped
2 carrots, chopped
2tsp. chili powder
1tsp. cumin
4c. veggie stock (or any stock)
2 cans drained black beans
1 can mixed veggies
1/4tsp. pepper
1 can stewed tomatoes

1. Saute the onion, garlic and carrots for 5 minutes in bottom of pot.
2. Add chili powder and cumin, saute 1 min.
3. Add stock, ONE CAN black beans, can of veggies, pepper and bring to boil.
4. Puree in blender remaining can of beans and stewed tomatoes and add to pot. Cover and simmer 15 minutes.

Nutrition Facts: about 140/serving (8 servings)
3 g. fat
30 carbs
8 g. protein

It's super fast and super tasty! I added 3 oz. of already cooked left over whole grain pasta during the simmer to make sure the kids were filled up. Yum :9

Enjoy,

Kelly S.

Gayle,

Thanks for the recipe. Instead of veggie soup I had chili and cinnamon twist. Walked on the treadmill for 30min tonite. DH bought 3lbs. of licorice wasn't that nice of him. On tap for tomarrow is body fusion.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.