``````WATERCOOLER`````````Thinking Thursday````````

Netta

Cathlete
Egads, it's actually me starting the thread this morning!!! Now, we know it's a swiftly tilting planet!!!

Just sipping my coffee, will veg a little in front of the TV and then do hmmmmm, some cardio and 4DS something.

BBL,

Jeanette

Hi all,

The planets are tilting; is this the first time Jeanette has started the thread?

Yesterday was a nice run with DS. Luckily he was dying and it was not me. I felt great for some reason or another. His HR monitor said he burned 720 calories. I wonder how many I burned? I sure can't eat an extra 720 calories. Then I did 55 minutes of Fluid Power, which I just love.

Today is my rest day. I need it too. My upper and lower body are tired and need a break. I'm contemplating a few days off from weights before starting another rotation.

Happy Thursday to all.

Tracy

I do believe Jeanette has started a thread once over a year ago. The only reason I remember is that I stumbled on her opening thread when I was searching for my namaste rant.:+

Tracy: Does your son run as often as you? You probably didn't burn that many calories considering your conditioned. Yes, I'm jealous! But, wouldn't it be nice!!! I could eat up 750 calories easy! Can anyone say cheesecake! :9 Have you decided on a new weight rotation yet?

I'm going to do a CC this afternoon. Today is art lessons. This evening I have a hair appointment.

Jeanette: Good idea on the platemates. I can't wait to try out mine! My shoulder is still stiff. No pain, just aggravating. I'm too scared to use it right now. Tracy and Traci kept me off the IL during my first round of the X. I'm going to listen to them and my body.

Okay, off to get ready.

Ballistic Hugs to ALL!!!

Wendy

Back again,

I did Kickbox (most of) from 4DS, then did 4DS Chest and Back (most of except skipped the clock pushups and band), then core from 4DS LIS. I went heavier on everything and am feeling it now. Glad I got the 25# DB's this weekend, but didn't feel I could do chest press with them yet as I was too fatigued. That's where a platemate would have helped as the 20's were not quite enough of a challenge. Have a haircut/color after work, then need to make a salad to take to my folks tomorrow.

Tracy, sounds like the run went well. 720 calories burned? I think my HRM says I burn less than 300 on a Spinerval. Even a Cardio Coach won't get me over 400. What kind of rotation will you go to? I'm going to keep with the 4DS for another couple weeks or so (legs 2X a week), then maybe go to circuits.

Wendy, so glad you aren't feeling the pain in the shoulder. You are VERY smart to avoid anything that aggravates it. I am just super afraid of hurting mine as I've seen the pain that my DH went thru. And it's not like it hurt just when he was using it, it hurt ALL THE TIME. Sounds like you have your day laid out just right. You better check the time of those appointments, missy, so you don't have to reschedule like the massage. Which CC are you doing? I don't mean the 750 calorie edible kind either. Do you have a smooth rear wheel on your bike? Don't think you want to use the trainer with a knobby wheel. Oh yes, if you have a fan to blow on you, it helps a lot.

Gotta go again,

Jeanette

Morning Coolers,

Todays workout was 4DS Lower Body Weights and Stetchmax #1.

An absolute beautiful day yesterday for a run. It was windy, but that helped dry up the sweat. :D Today I get time off of work to go to a Brewers game. Our whole facility is taking off for this game. :D Should be a fun time. They are even catering the food for a tailgate party. Not as nice out there today as yesterday, but they can close the roof on the stadium. :D Probably the only bb game I will see this year.

Tonight after the ball game I need to stop and get a b'day gift for a friend of ours. The DD's have requested taco's for dinner tonight. :9 Good thing I like them too. :D

Jeanette, Yes it is a tilting planet today! :D When I first started those hanging bicep curls I started with 20's and then changed to 15's to finish. Now I can use 20's all the way through. That is one thing that Tony taught me for increasing weights. Sounds like another tasty menu that your DH is cooking up. :9 Had to LOL about CC not being cheesecake. Oh darn! :D LOL about doing (most) of your workouts today. Just made me laugh!

Traci, Sometimes my runs are not good ones either. Yesterday must have been the day for good ones though. I had a wonderful run yesterday too. :D Oh I could eat 720 calories, no problem. :9

Wendy, I need to get some platemates also. I still need to check out the second hand sports store for the 25 & 30# yet. x( I'm hoping to get there on Saturday. DH will not be around, so I'm planning on it being a Laurie day! :D Glad the masseuse was able to get you in on Friday. I'm terrible at reminding people of scheduled events. Must be my old age. :D LOL about the boss leaving as a gift. The guy I work with didn't think of it as a gift, because he is doing most of the work. :D Oh yes before I forget. Where did you get that massage oil from that you gave us? I have been putting that on as soon as I get out of the shower, and I have noticed my skin is responding to it with gusto! And it smells so pretty too. Now I just need to get DH to massage my back with it. :+ :+ Cause ya know I can't reach my back very well. :+ :+

Debra, I finally did make it to the store yesterday. My oldest DD was with me, and tempted me to eat dark chocolate m&m's. :9 Just glad it was a little snack bag. :7 They should have never made those things with dark chocolate. :9 Maybe those ladies should have had a martini with that shushi. Then they probably would have enjoyed it more. :7 :7 :7 The shushi bar we go to has really good martini's. :9

TG, Did you enjoy your 1/2 day of vacation? I'm going to be requesting a half day off when my oldest has a track meet. Hope it is a nice day. :D Plan on helping out with the meet too.

Well I have to go figure out when I need to leave for the ball game. It has a start time of 12:05pm. :D

Have a great day!

Laurie

Good morning ladies,

Laurie: Yes I enjoyed my ½ day. I went home and worked out I did MM forgot how tough this workout is, afterwards, I went for a 30 minute walk. I keep forgetting I have the 4DS Series. I want too sell them as I started not too order, I just can’t get into them. DUH!

Good morning Coolers!

I'm headed down to the basement to do Amy's In the Ring, as produced. Then I'll do either one or both of BG's ab segments.

Jeanette - I'm interested in that poster's GS/4DS - cardio rotation, too. I'll have to add my name to the list of people asking for it.

Okay, gotta go. BBL!
Sandra

Hello everyone! Hope everyone is having a good day (except for Sandra whom I'm very mad at for sending me this awful snow blizzard! );-)

I have a half day off work today as we had to use up all our vacation time before the end on the month and I only had a few hours left. I finished at 11:30, picked the kids up from school and took them to A&W for lunch, and returned them to school. I set up parent-teacher meetings for later since I was home. So that leaves me with 1.5 hrs of vacation time, what should I use it for? Cleaning? Exercising? Napping? I decided to use it to catch up with you all aren't you flattered?

I haven't been around much the last couple of days since the computer lost my post. I've been feeling really tired. I figured I've been working out 6 times a week since Christmas so that I might just need more rest. I ran Tuesday night but took Mon/Wed off from weights. I'm planning on doing another run tonight. This Sunday I'm running the cops for cancer half marathon run. My friend and I are just doing it as a 2 man relay so just 6-7 miles each. It's just a fun small race. We'll do that instead of a long run this weekend.

Tracy How did your parent teacher meetings go? Enjoy your rest day!

Patricia I'm glad that you're little guy is feeling better! Hope everything goes well for you today!

Laurie Is it the same dd that runs track that also does dance? That's neat that the whole company gets to go to the game!Is that baseball (dumb question)

Carol The computer sounds great! I think I'll be doing some 4ds workouts this week too, they sure are fun!

Sandra Glad that you found Eoin's new yoga dvd. I haven't finished trying out the 3 first ones I bought so I won't rush out to buy that one just yet.

Jeanette- LOL on the image of your MIL. I have a great MIL, my sisters are always jealous because they both have very overbearing MIL's. My MIL is a nurse at the children's hospital, just think of the perfect nurse when you are stressed and your child is ill and that would be her. She's incredibly thoughtful,giving, patient, and loves her grandkids. But she at times can be quite "blonde" and that comment comes from a "blond". LOL How is you little niece doing??

The picnic/group bike ride sounds like fun! Does your DH ever ride? How did the haircut/colour turn out?

Debra- Our little princesses sound a lot alike. DH and I sometimes fight about who has to wake her up in the mornings.

Nicole hope you're feeling better soon!

Wendy- Is Phil still complaining of carpal tunnel symptoms? So you got a trainer? How did you like the new CC?

Kim

Punching while processing!

CC#2 didn't seem as difficult as #1. Maybe it was because I didn't use my heartrate monitor. It was also the first time using the trainer too. I got my feet clipped easily this time! I guess you can teach an ole dog...
Jeanette
I bought a treadless tire to use on my existing tube and rim. Poor Phil will have to change my tire every time I take the bike for a real ride!

Oh! Time to wash the hair!

BBL!

Wendy

Hi all

Just home from my LASIK and everything went well. Just hard to see to read at the computer at the moment as I have clear plastic sheldss tapped over my eyes. They come off tomorrow so will be able to cathc up then. Hope all is well.

I can see our 50" screen t.v. well enough so won't miss Survior or Lost tonight. Yahoo..:p

Hi all,

Wendy - DS works out, but is only running the two days a week that I run. He does ride his motorcycle weekly, so that counts for something. How is the arm? Still stiff?

Jeanette - I had really good luck using LL when I used to ride cross country. Maybe that would be good to integrate for a few weeks. Glad you are seeing a difference with the leg work. I can feel a difference when I run.

Laurie - I love dark chocolate and haven't tried the dark chocolate M&Ns yet. I've been so good about that kind of stuff. Did you do the 4ds legs in it's entirity? It is such a well designed workout for core and legs.

TG- Get the 4ds series out and try it. I didn't like it at first, but it is such a well designed series. It uses so many of the proven techniques for strength training.

Sandra - How was "In the Ring"? I haven't done the whole thing yet. I've backed off the high impact for a couple of weeks, well, except for the running. It really doesn't bother me like all of the jumping around. I think I need a different floor.

Kim - The parent meetings went ok. They were actually to decide which school the kids were going to. None of them were appropriate for the MS where I am. They all had rather serious emotional disabilities and we don't have the staff to support them. I didn't want them either. We've had our share of difficult cases this year and it starts to wear on everyone.

Tracy

Sorry I haven't been around today...but I have been spending the day with CBL....DD just gave him a facial....LOL! Anyhoo...we had a lot of drama in the house this morning which is an extremely long story that is not very interesting...let me suffice to say we found a bird's egg and it broke this morning before we were taking to school...and then the whole life of Diva broke out!!

No workout for me today....just playing around with my boy...Hope everyone is good....and I will be back around tomorrow.

Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Hi girls,
Beautiful day today. Would have like to have ridden after work, but hair appointment instead. Hope to do a spin tomorrow before taking dinner over to Mom and Dad's. I made the rice-a-roni salad already. DH will BBQ some chicken and start the spinach. We'll also have some biscuits.

Laurie, hope you had a great time at the BB game. I take it it's a baseball game. I don't know my teams. Yep, I do MOST of the workout. I just edit them to fit my 60 minute schedule. I'm a stickler you know. Weekends I can do a full workout, which is nice. That way I don't feel pressured. I didn't do the one arm rows horizontally as it bothers my forearms, sends an icy sensation thru them. I too have been enjoying my massage oil from Wendy. I'll have to try it right out of the shower tomorrow. Those dark M&M's are something, aren't they? I prefer them over the milk chocolate ones. Darn M&M's.

Latrese, I wasn't as keen on the 4DS when I first got them, but am really enjoying them now. Short but good workouts.

Sandra, did you check out the GS/4DS rotation? She posted it on the thread. I need to go look at it closer. I'm thinking the workouts are longer than 60 minutes from my first look at it. Maybe I can modify.

Kim, so honored you are using your vacation time on us! Bet you just need a little time off from working out. Know you will come back even stronger. Have fun on that relay this weekend. I'm looking forward to my triathlon relay in about 3 weeks. Always fun to do a team thing. You are blessed to have a great MIL. I think my DH is blessed to have a great MIL too. My niece is doing okay now. They said she had bronchitis. I'm hoping she doesn't start having asthma attacks. So hard for anyone with those, especially those little ones. Thanks for asking.

Wendy, good job on the clipping in and out. The trainer is perfect for learning that skill. When I first started using my trainer, I didn't have my bike rear axle properly fastened in. I was pedaling away like crazy to some 70's tunes. All of a sudden the bike back wheel jumped off of the trainer and the bike fell over with me on it and skidded into the stereo. Don't try that at home. I'm careful about it now and make sure my bike back skewer is locked in good and tight. My road bike doesn't have any tread on the tires. Maybe Phil won't have to change the tire when you go outside on the bike. Just ride it like it is. Seriously, you could try it. Ooooh, a massage tomorrow. Something very nice to look forward to.

Patricia, so glad the Lasik went well!!! Does it hurt? Glad you could check in and let us know you were okay.

Tracy, hmmmm, Leaner Legs is not one of my favorite ones. I could try it, but have to mix it up with another one during the week. It has a bit of a dread factor for me. I'm planning on a leg workout tomorrow. Not sure which one I'll do. Maybe Legs & Glutes, haven't done that one for a while.

Debra, hope CBL's face is silky smooth now. Did the diva get out the tweezers? What a good sport he is. Hope the drama is gone now. What happened with the bird egg? Of course we want to know everything. What are your weekend plans?

I have a mother/daughter luncheon at my Mom's church. Hoping that Grandma will feel up to going, otherwise maybe I'll volunteer to watch her so Mom can go and spend time with my sister and her DD's and DD's son. If Grandma was going, there would be 5 generations there. Heart Dr. checked grandma's heart today and said it sounded strong. Poor Grandma just doesn't get enough oxygen into her system, especially in the morning. New instructions are to turn up the oxygen machine in the morning. 4 liters in the morning, then back down to 3 when she starts feeling better. She has fluid around her heart and takes lasix for it. Not fun getting old.

Hope everyone has some good plans for the weekend.

Jeanette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.