````````````Kettlebell Tuesday`````````````

Good morning!

I did "Kick Butt Kelly" last night and she was a brutal beyotch!

Kelly
5 rounds for time
  • 400m run
  • 30 box jump (24”) - I used 20"
  • 30 wall ball shots (20#/14# ball) - subbed thrusters w/ 15lb dumbbells
39:46 - I was happy to come in sub 40:00.
The running was the hardest part for me. I ended up walking 100m or so during the last 3 rounds. I kept getting stitches in my side.
The box jumps were mostly unbroken sets.
The thrusters actually got stronger during the last couple of rounds...that's just weird!!

Deanie - You had a really good time going for 4 rounds on this yesterday!

Rhonda - At home, I run outside in our yard. We have 11 acres. I used Gmaps Pedometer to map out a route http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/ and I use World Wide Metric for my conversions http://www.worldwidemetric.com/metcal.htm this is a handy site. I mapped out my driveway as well and it turns out to be almost exactly 50m long, so that ends up being useful for a lot of WODs.

Waves hello to Jane, Marcy, Missy, and Andilynn!

We've got lots o' rain today, so I'll be heading into the gym. Not sure what I'll do.

Have a good one!

Hi Everyone!

It's beautiful here today. No rain in the forecast but it's going to be in the 90's!!

My sister requested a hard workout so here is it. I got it from an Atlanta Crossfit affiliate but I switched some stuff around.

2 Rounds
300 jump ropes
30 kb swings
Walking lunges the length of the yard and back
30 up and over box jumps
30 SDHP (Sumo Deadlift High Pulls)
30 Slam Balls
30 Thrusters (in honor of Deanie) :p
30 Push ups
30 Sit ups

If anyone is interested. I found a website called "World's Toughest Workouts". If you submit your email address they will send you a workout every Sunday. I just signed up yesterday but some of them look really brutal. Here's the link:

http://worldstoughestworkouts.com/

Gayle ~ Congrats on Kickin' Kelly's butt!! I will have to try that one soon!

Hope everyone has a Terrific Tuesday!!

Last edited:
Good Afternoon!

...can't believe I was so busy this morning I forgot to post! (although I did do my blog!:p)

I did Firepower today. Running late, so I did the General Alarm, no rests. Great workout, but I really need another 25#kb... then I deadlifted 2 sets of 5 reps @110#. I may be ready to go up to 120#, but this week I am keeping the bar at 110.

Gayle::: Great job kickin' Kelly's butt! Wasn't that a kickbutt workout??! I hated it, but loved it. Funny, for me, the running and box jumps were a heck of a lot easier than the thrusters... they never got easier!!

Jane:::I like your workout today, have fun with the thrusters!!;) I'm off to sign up for the email, but I think I may just read the workouts, not do them!**ha ha**:p

Rhonda::: Thanks for starting us off!

waves to everyone else!

Hi everyone! So far today the rain seems to be holding off so I'm heading out to run some errands. This morning I did STS Chest , Shoulders and Triceps, and then added the blast from Kickmax along with the stretch. I have never been a huge fan of Kickmax but the blast is a great way to tack on a little bit of cardio to the end of a weight workout!

Deanie- Isn't Firepower a great workout! I really need to buy another 20# and 25# kb but I've been subbing some exercises with dumbells.

Jane-Enjoy your nice weather, I'll have to checkout that link, I'm scared already!

Gayle- Great job with Kelly and what a great idea for your running, we live on about 10 acres and for some reason it never occured to me to take advantage of this!

Waves to all!:)

Today I did Element Ballet Conditioning. Forgot how tough this one is. I don't know what's hurting more, my lower body or upper body! Holding your arms up for 35-40 minutes really gets exhausting! I also did some of Lisa Rinna's Ballroom Body Blast.

I lost another pound. I think possibly with this rotation, I am less hungry which is helping.

Rhonda - LOL about your bird poses! I admit there are times when mine don't look too pretty. My next challenge is to be able to do Bird of Paradise:

http://www.expertvillage.com/video/20644_yoga-types-bird-paradise.htm

Gayle - Kick Butt Kelly definitely sounds brutal! Great workout!

Jane - Thanks for the website. I signed up. Don't know when I'll actually do one of these workouts but just in case! I think the CrossFit Affiliate is only a few miles away from me but I'm staying far away for now!

Andilynn - Love the Kickmax Blasts! I used to add them on to ETK when I only had time for short cardio.

Deanie - WTG on the deadlifts!:D

Waves to Missy!

Marcy

Today I did Element Ballet Conditioning. Forgot how tough this one is. I don't know what's hurting more, my lower body or upper body! Holding your arms up for 35-40 minutes really gets exhausting! I also did some of Lisa Rinna's Ballroom Body Blast.

I lost another pound. I think possibly with this rotation, I am less hungry which is helping.

Rhonda - LOL about your bird poses! I admit there are times when mine don't look too pretty. My next challenge is to be able to do Bird of Paradise:

http://www.expertvillage.com/video/20644_yoga-types-bird-paradise.htm

Marcy

Marcy- Okay. 2 things.

1- I just tried that and I only managed to feel myself up and get out of breath.

2- If I had those types of skills and less morals, let's just say that I would be somethng other than a high school teacher.

So far I have only done Classical Stretch. I am cleaning up so I will take a break soon to exercise.

Gayle- Thanks for the tips. You are so fortunate to have lots of land.

Deanie- Good workout and way to go on the deadlifts. Just a few days left or are you out of school.

Andilynn- Good idea about the Kickmax add on. I don't really care for it either.

Jane- Have fun with the punishment, I mean exercise, you have planned.

Waves to Missy.

Okay, I tried to "subscribe to this site" on the link Jane provided, but it didn't work. Where do you submit your email address??

Apparently, I need a huge neon arrow, saying "HERE!":eek:

TIA

Okay, I tried to "subscribe to this site" on the link Jane provided, but it didn't work. Where do you submit your email address??

Apparently, I need a huge neon arrow, saying "HERE!":eek:

TIA

Deanie - There's a box to the right that says "Subscribe to this Site" and asks for your name and e-mail address. It then sends a link to your e-mail address which you click on to confirm your e-mail address and subscription.

Farmer - LOL! WTG on trying Bird of Paradise!

Marcy

Marcy, is it right across from the "sunday morning quickie"? All I have is a box with white letters on the top that says " subscribe to this site" but when I click there, nothing happens.:(

Marcy, is it right across from the "sunday morning quickie"? All I have is a box with white letters on the top that says " subscribe to this site" but when I click there, nothing happens.:(

Yes, it's across from the "sunday morning quickie". There are two white boxes for your name and e-mail address.

Marcy

Marcy- Okay. 2 things.

1- I just tried that and I only managed to feel myself up and get out of breath.

2- If I had those types of skills and less morals, let's just say that I would be somethng other than a high school teacher.

ROFLMAO!!!!:D:D:D:D:D

thanks Marcy, still not working for me, but thanks. You are amazing with the yoga!! You must have really strong arms!

Rhonda::: You are too funny!!

eta: I'm on Mozilla firefox, apparently it doesn't work, but I went on internet explorer and signed up:)

Last edited:
Hello ladies! (and any gents that may be lurking)

Good workout this morning. I did 4 rounds of:
40 swings
5 pull ups (when I couldn't complete 1, I jumped up then counted negatives)
20 wood chops
20 push ups

It took about 20 minutes to complete, and when I was done I did another burpee/slam ball tabata (I think I'm addicted!). It was a great workout!

Okay, for those who read and loved Twilight, did you read Midnight Sun, Edward's account of meeting Bella and falling in love with her? It is incomplete, and it doesn't look like Stephanie Meyer will finish it, but she has it up on her website. I highly recommend it. ;) I do have to say that I am disappointed with how the series ended, though. Not realistic at all, I mean it's about vampires so of course it's not, but 2 wolf packs in one territory getting along harmoniously? C'mon! I won't say anything else in case some haven't read it, but there were some other qualms I had, but all in all I absolutely loved the story. I am used to vampires being a bit different too, but haven't read LaStatt. I may check that out, I don't know what to read now.

Back to Earth...

Gayle, WOW, that running and those box jumps. Not to be mean, but I am happy I wasn't you when you were doing this... but you might see me doing it next week, lol.

Jane, I must check out that website and join the list, thank you for letting us know about it!

Deanie, way to progress on the DLs, that's great!!!

Andilynn, I haven't done DM in forever and a week. Glad you made use out of it. :)

Marcy, I love reading about your workouts!

Rhonda, how is everything going? I've been thinking about you. :) (Also, with less morals and birds of paradise you may be making more money, too. ;) ... uh oh, this is the third time in 24 hours I have had this conversation - wonder what that could mean?!)

Tomorrow I am starting up SIM again. I can't believe how much I miss it!

Have a great evening everyone; see you tomorrow.

Missy

I did Providence. I actually was able to forward to the next segment without taking the whole break. I also did the ab move with my feet off the floor (finally).

Missy- It took me a LONG time to be comfortable with teaching. I always thought that I would do it for a few years and then make more money doing something else. I love the kids though. Oh well.

Success without honor is an unseasoned dish; it will satisfy your hunger, but it won't taste good.

-Joe Paterno

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.