< ^ >^< ^ > clean & tidy monday < ^ >^< ^ >

CollinsMom

Cathlete
Whether you were CLEAN / TIDY / NONE OF THE ABOVE last week, get it together this week!! Eat clean, kick up your workouts, and drink your water!!

WARNING: Cathiete in a foul mood ahead...

When I swallow, it feels like I am swallowing a handful of nails. It's incredibly painful. I am popping 4 or so Advil at a time to take the edge off the pain. I must get myself, and Collin, to a doctor today.

Two day workweek this week -- only today and tomorrow, I took off a bit of time on Wednesday, and then we are closed thru Monday again. So that is something to look forward to.

I overslept, not really concerned about a workout this morning. Better get going to I can get my sick a$$ to work...

Good morning gals,

Katie, I'm sorry you're not feeling well. Sore throats are the worst! I hope the doctor can help you out. I'm sorry you have to go to work today. That's a bummer!

Colleen, I am going to try to work your advice in about the circuit city rotation. Who wants to join me in that?

We had to go to the doctor this morning to get physicals for our long term visas. It was kind of funny. They took a chest xray and I made a fool of myself. The doctor (who spoke pretty good English) told me to take off my shirt and bra but that if I had a t-shirt on, I could leave that on. I was just wearing a sweater so I asked if he had a gown. He said no but I could wear a tshirt. Well, something got lost in translation there so I just took of my shirt and bra and stood in the changing room assuming this was how they did it in France. :eek: Anyway, he came in and said I could put my sweater on... oh well. :D It was a relatively simple process though.

The big news of the day is Ryan bought me an iMac for my birthday! I'm so excited. My birthday is Jan 24. I've wanted one for SO long so I'm super thrilled!

Katie, enjoy your HR monitor. I (((HEART))) mine.

Hi to Kate, Morris, Anne, and Klaudia.

Eats have been rough. The bread here is killing me. We have a little drive through bakery down the road and they have the BEST baguettes. We are eating entire baguettes for meals...:eek: When Ryan goes back to work, my eats will resume their cleanliness. Until then, I make no promises.

BBL... prob will WO earlier today b/c I have time. WO is tbd.

Mmmmm, french bread!! I would make no promises either, Angie!! My birthday is close to yours -- Jan 28th. How old will you be (dare I ask)?

I called work to tell them about our Drs appts this afternoon, and they told me not to come to work. I feel bad, because they are short staffed this week b/c of the holidays, but I'm sure no one there wants what I've got.

Drs appts are not until 130 pm. Guess i'll be watching Noggin til then:rolleyes:

katie, sorry you''re feeling so rough! drink your water and rest up! im glad you got to stay home- you'll get better faster.

angie, a drivethru bakery would be dangerous!!! i think for a rotation i'm going to follow july 08 w/ some modifications. you blog is great! you and your girls are too cute!

busy day y'day! so much for a "rest day"! why are wo rest days the busiest?!

eats will be clean today, wo is supersets. i love that one!

bbl.....

morning everyone

katie, feel better soon. i gargle with warm slat water when i have a sore throat.

kate, enjoy your workout. what is your new rotation like?

angie, i look forward to reading your blog. french bread is dangerous:)

i actually did a little hiit on my treadmill. i ran for 4.5 miles but did 1 min sprints at 8-8.5 mph - not as fast as i'd like, but as fast as i think i can safely push it. my pt said to go very very slow at increasing my milage:( at least i am back at it. work for me today. last night was the first night i did not nurse aidan! i did have to get up to him at 2am to give him his pacifier, but, then he slept until 7:15. crazy!

eats will hoepfully be clean. i am so hungry this am, though, and work is quite stressful....but, chocolate will not help. also, my scale is back to normal, so i will be mad if it changes!bbl

Hi, everybody! I woke up early this morning and couldn't go back to sleep, so I got up and did the cardio portion of 4DS HIS. I'll do the weights tonight. I did the cardio and abs from 4DS Kickbox yesterday, I'll do the legs later in the week. So, it's 4DS for me this week, then on to our circuit rotation next week. Angie, are you doing the Sept 07 one? That looks good to me, I only need to make a few substitions. And, my new work outs will be delivered today! I know what I'll be doing tonight...

Katie, I hope you feel better. Good call on staying home.

Kate, have fun with Supersets. I think that's my very favorite weight work out from Cathe.

Angie, nice birthday present! I have a Mac at work and I *love* it.

Morris, good job on the treadmill today!

Colleen, did you pick out a car yet?

Klaudia, will you share your Yugoslavian casserole recipe? I love casseroles.

Take care, everyone, I'll be back later.

anne

Morning!

So I've come to the conclusion that having a husband home during the holidays is not as fun as I thought. I'm totally off schedule with him around. I put off working out thinking he's around if the kids need anything so I end up procratinating and then I end up doing nothing:( He's back to work today and, frankly, he can stay there til 4 so I can workout during Nevena's nap like I normally do. We met friends for dinner yesterday at a pub-need I say more? Good thing lunch was a tuna cup and carrots:)

I'm thinking a total body workout or kickbox. And eats WILL be clean(er)!

Katie, hope you feel better. I hate that sore throat feeling-have a teaspoon of honey.

Angie, have fun with your new present! My birthday is January 13th, but I'm not so excited-I'll be closer to 40 than 30:(

Kate, that rotation looks good. What changes are you thinking of making?

Morris, you're running more after an injury than I've ever worked up to running! Great job:) Are you cutting out the night nursings or did Aidan just not wake up?

Anne, I got the info on the KB workshop-I'll pm you.

Hi Robin and Colleen!

b-cherrios
the rest is tbd-I need some groceries-again

bbl...

Good Morning Everyone!

I am working today but I think it will help keep me away from the junk food. Someone left candy on my desk - maybe I will take that down to the car so I won't eat it.

Katie, I am sorry you are sick. That's nice that your office gave you the day off.
Angie, congrats on the iMac. DH is a Mac person so that is all we use at home.
Kate, I have never done supersets but I have seen it on FitTv.
Morris, good job on the HIIT. I bet you are glad that you can run again.
Anne, which workouts did you get?
Klaudia, Isn't it funny that we want our spouses home until they annoy us? Hope you at least see him for dinner tonight.

w/o was HIKB
b: oatmeal w/ almonds
s: clementime
l: grilled chicken salad
s: chopped veggies, blueberries w/ yogurt
d: steaks, asparagus, potato

Morning ladies. Sorry about being MIA...I have a sinus infection/head cold

Klaudia it's the same with me. My kids get in my way and mess up my schedule and they eat too much when they are home from school. TEENS:mad:

Anne YAY for the new w/o!

Morris I'm glad about your running.That is good news.

Kate superset, ME, MM push/pull are my fav one day w/o.

Angie that's a funny story :D (Xrays). I use to do EKGs and I would tell patients to take off their tops. Well some patient would take off everything and when I'd turn around....HELLO

(((Katie))) feel better. I hope it's not Strep.

I'm going to take some meds for these sinues and maybe do 1/2 w/o this afternoon.

b-egg white
l-left over chicken

Last edited:
Okay girls, here's what I decided to do with my modified version of the circuit city (sep '07) rotation. Anyone want to join me?

Week One:

Sun: High Step Training Advanced
Mon: KPC
Tues: High Step Challenge
Wed: Step Fit
Thurs: Cardio & Weights
Fri: OFF
Sat: 4DS Kickbox/Bootcamp cardio (seg 1 stretch max)

Week Two:

Sun: Body Max 2
Mon: Turbo Jam Cardio Party 3/Abs
Tues: SJP
Wed: Imax 2
Thurs: Boot Camp
Sat: Tae Bo Advanced 2 (seg 2 stretch max)

Week Three:

Sun: Drill Max
Mon: Cardio Fusion
Tues: Low Impact Circuit
Wed: Cardio Kicks
Thurs: Circuit Max
Sat: Imax 3 (seg 3 stretch max)

Week Four:

Sun: CTX Power Circuit
Mon: MIC
Tues: SJP/Step Blast "Weights & Step"
Wed: Rhythmic Step
Thurs: Boot Camp/ME "Everything but Core" Plus ME abs
Sat: CTX Kickbox (cardio only) plus a stretch max and core max

I'm really looking forward to it. I think week 3 is going to be especially tough! I just finished my WO and did Imax 2! HR monitor says 504 calories and max HR of 194! Crazy (who wants to guess when that was?)

Katie, I'll be 29 on my bday. Last year of the glorious 20s! Lots of Jan birthdays here! Let us know how it goes at the doc.

Kate, glad you liked the blog. I have fun posting it.

Morris, I can so clearly remember waiting for that first sleep through the night. My first daughter slept through the night at about 8 weeks and that was it. My second one didn't sleep through the night consistently until she was almost a year. She was a nightmare!!

Anne, I'd love to have you join me on the rotation! I made a few modifications as you can tell. I don't run/bike so I three turbo jam and tae bo in there. I also don't have body fusion so I replaced it with CTX power circuit.

Colleen, I'm excited about the iMac. Ryan has never wanted one because he's an engineer and wants to make computers do things that they're not supposed to do. He runs linux on his computer. But, he finally came around and understood that I want to do things like picture and video editing and it's so easy on a mac! Plus, our family in the states all have macs and want to iChat with us. :)

Robin, I figure I didn't really embarass the xray tech but whatev. Not that I have much to see anyway. :)

Alright, time for dinner. Burgers tonight...

angie

angie, that xray thing was really funny!!:D your rot. looks fun. i decided to do a little more lifting. all circuits make me a little crazy - i like upper/lower splits and some total body mixed in too. gotta figure out my 1rm's too.....

morris, if i ran 8mph i'd fall flat on my face!:p these legs cannt go that fast! good job on the scale! keep up the clean eating! i ate super y'day, today is on-track too, and i already feel leaner. my body usually responds pretty quickly.

robin, i think id give away/toss the candy too.... lol on the xrays!

colleen, go for the bmw!!!!!:cool:

klaudia, ita on dh's! totally changes my schedule and my house is messier too! i love him but....sheesh! a bunch of mess-makers they are!:rolleyes:

anne, 4ds kb is my fave kb of cathes. love the leg weight work on it.

ss done. hoping for some cs tonight.
eats are oh-so-clean!
we even made banana bread and im resisting! hows THAT for will power????!!!!!:D

katie, how are you guys feeling?

Kate, your willpower absolutely amazes me. I could never make banana bread. I would justify just one little piece... and then another, and another...

I think once I get back into the swing of working out, I will probably start heavy lifting again but it may be a few months. I have some excess fat to lose!

Time for more Lost!

Oh, Klaudia, I meant to say that I totally agree too about DH being home. I really do love it and WOs are OK but eating is horrible! Ugh. Just another week, right? I'll miss him though, I know I will.

go kate! yeah on the will power. send some over to me!!\

angie and klaudia, lol at dh's being home. mine travels so much i am totally not used to being around him 24/7. it really messes up my workouts for sure, though i do like having someone to cook for. too much togetherness, though, well, not always a good thing;)

robin, sorry you have been sick - hope things are better soon.

colleen, candy in my car is never good;)

anne, good morning workout!

well, i started in on the choclate - 2 pieces of super dark. then, i put it away, and grabbed a bag of baby carrots at lunch. i am crunching away!! too many nuts, but, you guys know that by now about me;) otherwise eats are great. only a few more hours of work...

Angie, that rotation looks great, I'll print it out tonight at home. I'll have to sub for Cardio Fusion, Circuit Max and Cardio Kicks, but I'll manage. I don't have any TaeBo either, but I sub other step? Or, maybe I'll try the rowing machine. We're supposed to be getting a spin bike, too. Hmmmmm, I should probably check on that, huh?

Morris, good job on the carrots!

Klaudia, I'm looking forward to hearing from you about the KB trainer. In truth, I forgot about it, so it was a nice surprise to hear about it today!

Kate, how was Supersets? Did you have fun?

And I forgot to say hi to Robin earlier! Sorry about that.

Okay, gotta run, but do you want to start the rotation on Sunday, Anige? That's the only day of the week I have time to do something as long as Body Max 2. Thanks.

anne

Anne, you can totally sub for the things you don't have. I just accommodated it according to the WOs I have. :) I didn't use a whole lot more step because I feel like there is a lot already in there and I don't want to overdo it. We'll see though - I really like step.

Yes, I plan to start on Jan 4. That's why I put BM 2 on that day. I don't have time to do it during the week either. :)

YAY, I'm glad you'll be joining me.

well, i succumbed (sp?) to the bread but i only had 1 piece. will not have any more. in fact im going te the 2nd loaf to take the 2nd loaf to my mom. shes having the big girls overnight tonight. oh, whatever will mike and i do w/ our free time!;):p

angie, enjoy your lost time!:)

anne & klaudia, im jealous of your kb thing! aw, shoot, when is it? maybe i can make it work!:confused:

morris, i hear ya on the nuts! we've got cashews ANDalmonds open right now!!! and they would go oh-s-good w/ your dk choc!!

Kate, it's whenever we want it to be! It'll be at my house and depending on the amount of people, $25-$30/person for a 3 hour seminar. You can bring the girls, too! Make it work!:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.