^^Tuesday's Melting Pot^^

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning!

Well the "Midnight Rambler's" woke us up at 2:15 to go outside. I said a nasty word and DH was nice enough to let them out and let me go back to sleep. I slept until 4:15 then got up and did Pyramid Upper Body.

It's supposed to go up to 60 here today! Weird weather but I will take it in January.

Robin:
How was that outside bike ride? Did your friends adopt the greyhound from the track? I have a lot of friends that volunteer for the local greyhound adoption agencies.

Judy:
I was LOL with your "typo"...hope you had a good run with no dogs!

Shannon:
Grilled cheese! Yum:*

Lainie:
((((hugs ))) to you! I am glad to hear it wasn't serious.. I would get that blood work done though. Still sounds a lot lile Mono to me.

Shelley:
Hurry back when you are feeling better.

Emily:
HIS/LIS double cardio sounds like torture to mex( .

Stephanie:
Welcome!

Michele:
I like your choice of workouts...using PS in a 4DS fashion! I will have to tuck that away for a future rotation.:)

Tneah:
That salad sounds great! :9 . My dogs both have their CGC and are also certified Therapy dogs. WE used to visit nursing homes with them. I was actually testing other dogs. It is a lot of fun and you get to see so many wonderful dogs! As for the "hhumping". It's a dominance thing, not sexual at all. My female does it to the male all the time and he just sits there like a lump and takes it! She is the "alpha queen" around here.

TK:
I did agility with one of my dogs too. She actually got the first title before she was hurt and I had to stop. Don't you love that 4DS Kickbox/Legs workout?

Leanne:
It took me a while to get the photo thing down but once you do it is easy! Hurry, I want to see some of yours. :)

Have a great day!

Deb;-)

Good morning, everyone!

Deb - so you're one of the early exercisers, huh? I was up at 4:15, but getting ready for work! I'm glad your DH handled the dogs this morning. What a guy!

I'll try to come back later to see what everyone else is up to!

Last night I did CC 7, which was great! I pushed a little harder than I have been, but not quite what I used to do. My calf was stiff after the workout, but I haven't noticed any problems this morning. It feels so dang good to do cardio!

I'm not planning to weigh or measure myself until a certain visitor decides to clear out. ;) But I'm feeling pretty good about my dietary changes.

Hi guys,
Deb: Anything before 5 a.m. is considered the previous night, in my book. How do you gals do it??? I'm in awe.
Shannon: Way to go on the cardio. I wish I were a runner. I know what you mean about the visitor, mine is on her way out. Finally. So now hopefully the scales will move in a better direction.

I did very well on the eating yesterday. I ate as clean as is possible for me and exchanged my nightly glass of red wine with a glass of pomegranite cranberry juice. I need to work on increasing my water intake. I signed up for Wednesday night ballet class, so now I'll be going Mondays and Wednesdays and I'll do Cathe workouts on the other days. Today I'm thinking LIS from 4DS.

Hello to all who follow! Thanks again for letting me join you guys--I know I'll be inspired to stay on track!!

Morning all~

Deb - how great that your DH got up and let the dogs out! My dogs would never pass as good canine citizens. Gilbert is fine with people but not so happy with other dogs and I don't know what to do about that. He USED to be fine, but somehow that changed and now he's very aggressive. Sadie is just a push, domineering b-word:p

Shannon - I'm glad your eating changes are making you happy and I hope that visitor clears out soon.

Stephanie - welcome! I'm very glad you're here. This is a great group and very supportive.

I was up at 4:30 this morning to do a five mile run (yes, the rest week is OVER!).

I'm not feeling particularly pleasant so I might not be back. I hope you all have a great Tuesday.

Happy Tuesday, everyone!

Wow! I can't believe, Deb and Shelley, that you're both up and exercising so early! I've always considered myself a morning person, but I don't know if I can think clearly before I've had my morning coffee!:)

I feel like I've been RAVENOUS the last few days! I'm wondering if it's because I just started doing the 4DS rotation, and I remember being super hungry before when I did it, and that other people were saying the same thing. Do any of you get the same way?

This morning I'll be doing the 4DS Boot Camp workout, and then running some errands. I feel so spoiled because I'm still off from teaching for two more weeks. We have an extra week this year for winter break. My DH went back to teaching yesterday, though, and it's actually nice to be back up at 6:00 again!

Deb -- I'll try to get the photo thing figured out this week! I used to be OK with computer-type stuff, but have really let my meager skills slide! Do you get to sleep pretty early since you get up so early? That's great that the DH helped with the pups this morning (or, er, middle of the night!). ;-)

Shelley -- Seriously, your back looks so awesome! You are really ripped, girl! Glad that the rest week is over so you can get back to feeling more like yourself.

Robin -- Will you be able to bike again today? Hopefully the weather holds up for you!

Stephanie -- Isn't the LIS from 4DS such a fun workout? I did it yesterday, and just love it! What a great idea to exchange your wine for some pomegranate juice! I've been staying away from wine since August (when I decided I needed to do something about my weight), and it's really helped cut calories. I only had a glass maybe twice a week, but every little bit helps! How long have you done ballet for? It sounds like fun!

Michele -- Thanks for sending us the link for that recipe! It looks so delicious! Are you going to play with your new computer a bit more?

TK -- Post some photos of your mom's purse when you can! I'd love to see it! Are you continuing with the 4DS rotation this week? Hope the legs aren't too wobbly!

Shannon -- Yeah for being able to do the cardio yesterday!! Is your calf still feeling good this morning?

Judy -- I haven't heard of the Super Foods book. What is it about? Does it include recipes?

Emily -- I have to try that LIS/HIS Double Cardio! I love those two workouts, so I imagine that the combo of them is great!

Tneah -- Is your new avatar one of your paintings? It looks gorgeous! You really are such an amazing person, with so many interests and so much knowledge! Of course, I knew that already, but each day I realize that more and more!:)

Lainie -- Don't worry about not starting the 4DS yet! You need to listen to your body and do what's right for you. I really hope that they can get to the bottom of this. Tneah's suggestion of checking into the new pill is a good one. Could it be something hormonal that is causing all the fatigue and weakening your immune system? I'm sending positive thoughts your way!

Hey all,

Its a weird month isn't it? My energy levels are strange, not my usual "perky" self for some reason, want to sleep more lately. But I am thinking its that winter thing that happens, even George sleeps more!:)

Thanks for your help with his "humping" problem, yeah, I even wrote to Cesar Millan about it, got no response.:-( I love his show.

So Lainie, ask your doctor about that new birth control pill possibly messing with your energy levels, worth a shot. Hope you are feeling better today.

Shelley, You sound blue, blue, blue, I know, I kinda feel that way too.Smile, this too shall pass.:)

Leanne, You will get hungrier, I think I was hungry for more protein when I did the 4DS. And yes, that is one of my paintings. I usually do nudes, but didn't want to get into trouble here...you never know how someone will take something! I am self taught, I really enjoy it.

Deb, your dogs need to take a Lunesta or something! Glad your DH got up to take care of them.

Shannon, Sounds like you are really cleaning up your eating, that is terrific. I like wine too, and allow myself a glass when I want it. I figure its only 80-100 calories and one of my "things' in life I enjoy. I don't indulge in things like desserts or fatty stuff so I am keeping it, but everyone is totally different and Pom juice is good for you! Keep up the good work.

Okay kids, a big hello to all that follow! I think MIC is in the list today...oh dear, so much flailing around in that one. I previewed Imax 3 and kinda went "yeah right". I see why gymnasts are all 95 pounds and 5'1! I have never been the "tuck-jump" type, my "girls' are just too big! Thats my excuse anyway!

Edit: I realized that the painting I posted is a nude,but kinda tame, I usually do just bodies-no faces. Just thought I would correct myself here. Uh-oh, it isn't offensive is it?
-

:)

Good morning!!

I have cardio schmardio on tap for today. I'm probably going to do a CC on my elliptical. For you cardio Coach fans -- someone on the VF forums posted a circuit made up of several CC cardio challenges and the PUMP workout. I can't wait to try it sometime. Here's the link if anyone is interested: http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=113315

I have to skedaddle. I've been invited to a furniture store open house by a friend who works there. She was "encouraged" by her boss to invite 20 of her best friends :p . She probably invited me because I need a bedroom outfit and I don't have a stick of furniture in my dining room -- lol!

I'll come back later for more detailed personals, but just a few quick comments before I go...

Evily, I have not had time to email you. I'm going to a smaller, privately owned Apple store today or tomorrow and I'm going to try out an iMac in a less stressful environment. They actually have iMacs set up on desks so you can try them in a home-like setting. This might be a smart thing for me to do before taking any further steps with my laptop. I think I'm just not a laptop kind of a girl ;)

Lainie - I posted an answer to your question about what your tests are for in yesterday's thread. Robin is our resident lab expert though, so she may have information that I don't. I'm just a lowly nurse who hasn't practiced her craft in, oh, 10 years. I've forgotten quite a bit, in fact, I made it a point to forget at least one medical fact per day since I quit that job -- lol!!

TK - I posted a link to the soup recipe in yesterday's thread.

Hello to everyone else and I'll BBL to see what y'all'er up to. :)

ETA Oh gosh, oh gosh -- {{{{{tneah and Shelley}}}}}. I always feel a little blue this time of year, too -- not sure if it's like a seasonal depression (maybe I should get one of those lights), or if it's post holiday let down, or what, but I hope this sunshine helps to brighten you day. http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/sun.gif

Hi everyone, I am less tired today, though still somewhat tired and still sick (sore throat and cough mainly). I hope to be able to work out today. I've cleared the space already (always have to move a chair and ottoman to do cardio stuff) and gotten out my workout clothes. So once Ewan is down for his nap, I'll give it a try. If it makes me feel awful and/or it gives me a big coughing fit, then I'll know I'm not ready to work out yet. Sometimes you just have to try and see how you do.

Deb, ouch, you did PUB at 4:15? I am so NOT a morning person. Of course, being sleepy the rest of the day I'm especially sleepy early.

Hello to Shannon & Stephanie!

Shelley, I hope whatever is making you blue lets up soon as I miss your longer posts. :(

Leanne & Tneah, I hadn't thought about it, but yeah, I started the new pill in late October. I also started Prozac (it's almost embarrassing to say I'm on Prozac, but it was also prescribed by my gynecologist because of my hormonal mood swings) at the same time. I should probably make sure my regular doctor knows that as well. I would sure hate to give up the new pill (I so love not having a period for 3 months) or the Prozac, though. x(

Michele, thanks for the info on the blood tests--I also got an email from a friend whose husband is a new doctor (about to start his residency) and she gave me similar answers, so you were right.

OK, I'm apparently still tired--my little dry eyes keep blinking a lot. I need to get up soon and feed my 2-year old.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif[/font]

Leanne: I love LIS too! It's one of the only step routines I can do. I'm very bad at it, but have learned to love it. As for the ballet, I recently started back just for exercise purposes (no tutus or recitals in my future :) ), but I love it. I danced from age 3 until 16 and have found that it's kind of like riding a bike. You don't forget. I feel like a kid again.

Hi to Lainee, Michele, Tneah and Shelley!!

Lainee, don't be embarrassed about the Prozac. I had to go on it for awhile after my second son was born because of my hormone imbalance. I had terrible baby blues, and it pulled me out of it. I'd definitely let your docs know though. Some meds don't work well together.

Hey girls~

Thanks for all the concern. I'm going through some stuff, fighting some personal demons and just generally feeling the January blahs. I'm sure I'll muddle through though.

Leanne - thanks for the compliments on my back. I'm sure it doesn't look like that now, considering I haven't been able to do any UB work for a LONG time because of my tennis elbow (which is part of the 'stuff' I'm battling).

Tneah - yup, I'm pretty blue. I'm not sure what shade of blue. I LOVE LOVE LOVE your painting. Do you sell your work?

Michele - you're a peach. Thank you for the sunshine. It made me smile. Let us know if you buy any new furniture today!

Lainie - definitely check into that BCP/Prozac thing with your sickness. Maybe your body just can't assimilate all the new things at once and is run down? Thanks for missing me:)

Stephanie - I'm envious of your ballet. I always had dreams of being a dancer. I think my butt's too big to be a ballerina though. Maybe hip-hop is more my thing:p

TK - you certainly are crafty! I love your idea for the quilt!

All right, back to my hidey-hole.

Just popping back in to say hey to all and to Shelley.

I do battle with demons alot, and on most days I win. Today not so much. I have some real body issues and can let a pair of "tighter than usual" jeans ruin my self esteem all day long. Its so stupid I know. I think that is why I started bodybuilding to "win the war" against my body with a "I'll show it who's boss" attitude. Pretty destructive thinking actually, so while I am proud I did the contest and stuff, the body issues still haunt every once in awhile. I was anorexic in high school so well, you know,its tough sometimes.
Not sure what your dealing with, but thought I would share, you aren't along with your demons!

Thanks for the compliment about my paintings! How sweet! I don't sell them, I give them to people who love them. Its something I love to do, it takes me out of myself. I am going to take pics of all my stuff and post them in one of those picture trail things, if you like something I will send it to ya!;-)

You all take care now!
:7

Hey all,

I'm just popping in for a minute to give big {{{{HUGS}}}} to Shelley, Lainie, and Tneah! I'm so sorry that the three of you are going through so much right now!! My heart goes out to you!!

Hi gang. Well, Lanie, I'm going to blame my cold on you. I have a sore throat, the sniffles, and aches and pains everywhere. It was a struggle to get through work. I came home and took a nap, then did BBC arms and abs. That, too was a struggle. No cardio for me today.

tneah, I wish I could get a better look at your painting. It's pretty small on my computer. At least I can say it's colorful. How sweet an offer you made to Shelley.

Shelley ( and tneah and Laninie and any other blue folk) hugs to you all. I hope it helps to hear me say this too shall pass.

Stephanie, way to go on day one of clean eating. I wish I could say the same for my diet, but my will power was nil today. I had a couple cookies when I got home, some crackers while making dinner, and a couple pieces of chocolate after dinner. Sigh.

Michele, you lowly nurse, you. As far as I can tell, you pretty much hit Lanie's test spot on. Unfortunately, I've been out of Chemistry and Hematology so long I'm pretty much worthless. But if anyone has a bacterial question, I'm your man, er, woman.

Leanne, lucky you, having so much time off. My DH goes back to classes next week. This week he has to go in for some meetings, etc. He's been doing so well this break, tidying up the house and doing all kinds of chores. I'll hate coming home to a mess again, when he's back in school.

Shannon, I have CCV7, but haven't tried it yet. In a couple days, I hope, if my cold doesn't get worse.

I think that brings me up to date for now. I'm going to hit the hay early tonight. See you tomorrow.

Late Melter here for a quick visit

This has been a chatty thread today.

Lanie- how did it go with the workout attempt? This is a great place to share, no body will judge you about meds my dear.

tneah- I would love to see you paintings on a picture trail. My niece was an art major in college and I got one of her projects as a gift. It hangs in my kitchen/hearth area. ( it is food related) but I like to look at bodies too :) Do you have any favorite contemporary artists? We like Ramon Santiago. He was from our area.

Michelle- Any luck at the Apple store? The furniture store sounds more fun! Thanks for the link tot the CC mish mosh.

Stephanie- Was it you or Leanne who asked about the super foods book? Here is a link to it :
http://books.google.com/books?id=9J...&ct=title&cad=one-book-with-thumbnail#PPP1,M1
( sorry about how long it is)
Shelly- I hope the rest of your day was more positive

Robin- We just can 't be perfect. I certainly can not unless chocolate becomes clean.

today's dinner was Barilla Plus pasta with (white) Clam sauce, and large mixed greens salad with balsamic vinaigrette.

I went on a cleaning frenzy in the kitchen today. The counters were super cleaned and polished ( we have granite) and all cabinets and the hood of the stove were super cleaned and the floor "ditto" and the oven "ditto." After all that company and cooking from the holidays I can not believe how much food splattered around the place that we did not see. I broke two finger nails to bleeding in the process, and it hurts to type now. x(

[font color=purple][font size +1]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well.
William Osler

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

Tneah - thank you so much for the kind words. I would LOVE to see more of your work! I love big and colourful (or even colorful:p).

My BIL is an artist. He does a lot of abstract, but one year as a surprise for my sister, he did a variation on Picasso's Woman with Crow and subbed their cat Floyd for the crow. Here's a pic:

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1287/4272553/8989661/124151723.jpg

Judy - well done on your frenzy.

Robin - I hope your cold doesn't get worse.

In the words of A Perfect Circle:

"Pale angel, go away, come again some other day
The devil has my ear today, I'll never hear a word you say
Promised I would find a little solace and some peace of mind
Whatever just as long as I don't feel so...
Desperate and ravenous
So weak and powerless....."

Happy happy joy joy!!

Shelley, that painting is beautiful! And thank you for the "words", really appreciate that.;) Talk at ya'll tomorrow.

Good evening melters! Late checkin today. Another chaotic day and night at work :(.

Like Michele did the other day I woke up this morning expecting to work out and then realized it was a rest day. I turned off the alarm and got another hour's sleep. It was marvelous.

Deb: Your little midnight ramblers are waking you up earlier and earlier. Do you think they really need to potty or are they just restless? Dr. Tneah is right, maybe you need to slip them some doggie downers to help them sleep thru the night. And hey, did I miss congratulating you for losing another pound? WTG!

Stephanie: A belated welcome to you!

Leanne: I'll get some more sewing photos up soon. I'm also doing a 4DS rotation so I'm a little worried about 'the hunger' too. Lifting heavy and too much cardio have that effect on me.

Tneah: I love your painting! The other day you said you were taking pictures of your work. I hope you post then to a picture trail so we can see (hint, hint).

Michele: thanks for the link to that recipe. I'll have to try that this weekend.

Lainie: More healing (((vibes))) to you. I think Leanne and Tneah may be onto something with your medications. Definitely something to ask the doctor or pharmacist about.

Robin: Hope you start feeling better too. My DH is sick too. There's so much of it going around now.

Judy: Seriously your pasta and clam sauce made my mouth water when I read about it. Not only did I miss lunch today but dinner as well. I'm seriously hungry but after it gets so late I just can't eat.

Shelley: I hope you start feeling better. The time after Christmas is a bad time of year for me too. It's the lack of light or something that does it to me.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.