^^Pentagenarians +...it's Monday! ^^

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning,

I did I-Tread # 20 35 minutes 248 calories this morning... it feels good to get up early and get a workout in before 5:00...

Wecome back to any RT-ers! and RT Organizers! I bet it was a blast!

Garance:
Oh those motion sensor lights are so annoying! I can understand putting them in a conference room or somewhere that people use infrequently and forget to turn the light off when they leave, but in an office? makes no sense..you will have to be jumping up every 20 minutes and waving your arms around to get them back on...

We had rain all day yesterday and all night.. maybe today will be sunny..I can only hope. I fully understand the MIL comments...mine is the same way..nothing she does is good enough..always putting her cooking down, and when we visited ( she lives in California), she always said how "boring" it must be for us when we are there because she couldn;t entertain us...like we live the high life here!

Carol:
Wow High School Band...It's great that they are involved in school things...brings back the old memories! Not that I was in band, but all that HS angst...I feel sorry for kids sometimes. Especially in these times..

Linny, Rhonda, Josie, Kathy, LaLa1 ( did I forget anyone?) : Hope you had a great weekend!

Deb

The Internet was out!

Had a storm on Friday that threw the Internet off most of the weekend. It is amazing how much I rely on the Internet. Imagine, I had to look up phone numbers in a phone book!

On Saturday was my mother in laws's ninetieth birthday. The daughters came in and we had a lovely time. One leaves today and the other tomorrow. I have a hard time dealing with when they come and go. There is a transition when they come and then a sad transition when they leave. I should be fine in a few days. However, they are good people and I miss them much. Guess I will drown my sorrows in cleaning up in the wake......

Friday I did Drill Max. Saturday off. Sunday was Cardio and Weights. Will do some type of cardio today...bond with my girls while they are here....run to the airport....knit a bit and watch the Olympics.

Teaching starts in seven days, next Tuesday. So much to do and so little time.

Regards,

Rhonda

Chilly and damp Monday

Hi Deb and Rhonda and any later posters--

I did Leslie's 4 Fast Miles this morning (50 min.), the music only option.

Where has the summer gone?? It feels like autumn here and is only supposed to get into the 60s today. After I posted yesterday, the sun disappeared and another major downpour. How tiresome! And it's a drizzly day today.

Where are you Rhonda that you start school so early? It's always after Labor Day here, for both the local schools and the college. When I went to the University of Minnesota as an undergraduate, school didn't start until late September--but it also ended in late June on a quarter system.

Will you now go back to your early morning workouts, Carol, now that band camp is over? Deb and I are both early exercisers--especially Deb. I get up at 6:15, but I think Deb is REALLY early.

Enjoying the Olympics in the evenings. I cannot believe, however, that some of those Chinese gymnasts are 16 years old. A couple of them don't look like they have entered puberty--breastless and hipless so their center of balance is still pitch-perfect.

Wishing everyone a cheerful Monday!

Okay ... let me try this again ... I wrote a note, got busy, and got timed out!!!

I did Jari Love's Ripped & Chiseled this morning, and I'm glad I worked these back into my rotation!! They're challenging and different from Cathe's weight work. Changing things up is good!!

Rhonda, it must be difficult to watch your daughters leave again. I cried all the way to work this morning. It's Nicole's first day of her senior year in high school. :confused: Glad your Internet is back up!!! I hate it when ours is out, although it doesn't go out very often so I really shouldn't complain all that much ... but we sure do rely on it, don't we??

Deb, Nicole almost didn't take band again this year, but she's now glad she did!! All her friends are in band, and it would have been hard on her watching them have so much fun without her.

Garance, gymnasts have so little bodyfat that some of them haven't started their periods, so I think that's why they look so pre-pubescent. Not sure how healthy that is ... but I won't go there. :confused: We start school EARLY here!! YES, I'm back to my AM workouts - WOO HOO!! I was up at 4:15 this morning, and working out before 5:00!!

Have a GREAT day, everyone!!

Carol
:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.