^^Melt Away Wednesday^^

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning,

Well it is 4:36 am and I am up, although I wanted to sleep in until maybe 5:00 or 5:30. Those dogs again..They wanted to get up at 3:00, but I yelled at them to go back in their crates and they did...for an hour. I love getting up early to workout during the week, and I know that it is my fault that they are now programmed to get up at 4:00... but... I AM ON VACATION! }( . Sorry for shouting.

I would love to post a picture here of the little devils but I don;t know how! Can someone give me some instruction?

I will be doing an I-Tread this morning a little later.

Shelley:
I have Wire Fox Terriers. They are 11 and 12 but you would never know that they are a day past 2! I love them to death! Hope you had a good run. You are not running outside are you? When you walk Sadie in the snow, did she ever get snow or salt between the toes and not want to walk any further? mine will stop and hold up a paw so that I can clean it out right then and there or they are not going any further! I am sure it probably hurts with hair in there..

Michele:
When you have to choose between cardio and weights, there is NO Choice! go with the weights :D . Actually, I think cleaning the room should count for your workout.

Robin:
Your workplace sounds like fun.. I hope your door wins :7 !

Judy:
Bootcamp when you are feeling like "you know what"? why would you do that to yourself? LOL.. please take it easy so you are not out of commission for a long time. It seems like the "bug" we had around here is not leaving yet. Hope you feel better today.

B:
Sounds like you had a nice time. I love that movie!

Tneah:
We will try to ship some of this snow your way...hey I work for FedEx, maybe they will take it for me? ;-) Please don;t toss that Sees candy my way.. it is my favorite all time chocolate ( when I am on the west coast!).. I love the nutty chewy ones.. yum :9

Lainie:
I hear you on taking meds at night.. sometime I take a benydryl to help me sleep and I pay for it the next day.. I feel like I am in a cloud. Glad to hear your shopping is going well! The little ones will be so cute on Christmas morning:)

TK:
I love S&H.. it is like a true weight workout in a gym. I have to get used to the faster rep pace too when I switch to another workout. Not sure if I will stick to this another week or not. Do you question yourself when you start to pick up a weight that is heavier than Cathe's? If she picks up 12 lb DB and I reach for the 15's I sometimes think. "oh no, that will be too heavy for me, Cathe is only using 12's! LOL..

Have a great day !

Deb ;-)

Goodmorning Deb. Your dogs remind me of when my kids were little. My DS always got up at the crack of dawn. I hated hearing the scuffle of his footed pjs across the floor when I wanted to sleep in.

tneah, I love Sees chocolate. Every now and then, a coworker will go west on vacation or for training and bring a box home for us. Yum!

I'm hoping to do at least part of LIC this afternoon. We are meeting friends for a birthday dinner early, then have to go to church for a business meeting. I'm starting to panic, looking at my list of things to get done before company starts to arrive on Sunday. My grocery list alone looks likes Santa's list of naughty and nice. I can't wait to see how much my groceries will cost. DH keeps trying to remind me we aren't made of money. Oh well, it's only once a year, right?

Hi Girls-

Deb- I am surprised you got the dogs to wait even for an hour!

Robin- I have been stocking up on party food too. And I still have a long list to for Christmas Eve and Christmas Dinner. Will you have a big crowd? Are you hosting both days? I was doing some food planning yesterday. I may make a practice appetizer today to see if it is easy and tasty.

The crud germ is still with me and now I have booty DOMS from going heavy on Boot Camp. Today needs to be a slow easy run to work out those DOMS.

Ta Ta-

[font color=purple][font size +1]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well.
William Osler

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

Hi Ladies -

I don't have any exciting news to report... I have no idea if I'm melting or accumulating. I just haven't bothered to check lately. But I thought I'd drop by anyhow.

I've been dealing with an icky cold for about a week and have had some trouble at work. I have an appointment with an orthopedist tomorrow, so we'll see what sort of unpleasantness he'll tell me about my calf. Can I do cardio, please???????

Okay, I'm going to work very hard to be cheery now!

Hey girls!

Deb - if you want to send me the picture of your darling puppies, I can host it and post it for you:) I was up at 4:36 with you, and I ran six miles! YAY!

Robin - don't panic!!! I'm sure that everything will get done and if it doesn't ALL get done, well, that's life:) I'm awfully glad I'm not hosting anything this year.

Judy - I'm sending cold-be-gone vibes! I had booty DOMS yesterday from B&G leg blast.

Shannon - I'm sending cardio vibes your way:)

Hi,

Do you have to have one of those photo accounts to post the picture? I think I signed up for something called Picture Trail?? or something like that once. I don't even remember why I did it. I will see if my account is still valid and post a picture there.. once I do that, then what do I do to post it here? sorry for being such a ludite!

Well I just tried to upload a picture into Picture Trail and it said my picture was too big. I don;t know how to make it smaller. The software that came with my DH's camera ( Nikon) is awful! what size does the picture have to be to be uploaded to one of these accounts?

Deb

Dear Melters,

I'm interested in joining a check-in group, and was wondering if you had any spots for a newbie! Your group looks like so much fun! It seems like your group is a weight-loss group -- is that correct?

Here's a little bit about me . . . . I've been working out with Cathe since March of this year, but have been working out since I was 15 (doing Jazzercise in my shiny, very 1980's leotards and legwarmers! yikes!), and now I'm 36. I've managed to lose 13 pounds since August doing Cathe's workouts, and want to lose a few more pounds and keep off what I've lost. I gave up my gym membership this summer so I could just work out at home. I just finished up a three-week rotation of S&H, and am now in the second week of a three-week GS rotation. My DH and I live in San Diego, where we're both from, and we both teach. I'm off on winter break, so I finally have some free time! :)

If you have some space to squeeze me in, I'd love to join!

Leanne:D

Hi Everyone!:) Smile! Its almost Christmas:7

Ok that was my cheery greeting for Shannon...hope your calf gets clearance, it must be so frustrating at this point!x(

Deb, I use "Photobucket", you sign up for free of course, upload your pics, they create an "album" for you on the same page with three different links. Each link allows you to post the picture on an email, forum, or web page. You simply click on the link you want (they are listed right under each of your pictures) click "copy" and then come over to the boards and in your message, click "paste". The link will show up, but the picture will not until you post the message. Hope that made sense, it is really pretty foolproof. If I can do it, believe me, anyone can! Cannot wait to see your "babies!"

Shelley, you little early morning runner you!:7 That is the one thing i wish I could do, but just physically cannot anymore....it is the best for keeping your body lean and mean though.

Robin, your grocery list sounds like mine! We have two guys down this week, and boy do we go through the food. I liked your story about your cat Elmo. How cute! I wanna kitty for Christmas, hum, wonder if i could get someone to leave a box on my doorstep with a "homeless" kitty? My DH would not turn that away, he really is a softie. I swear I would live on a farm with a zillion animals if I could...

Judy, take care of yourself, we all know what that terrible bug is like.

I cut three of my favorite See's in half, ate one half, tossed the other. I know, I know it sounds silly, but I didn't feel as guilty and saved a few calories right? I didn't know you guys don't have a See's over there on the east coast? Lucky you. Forget about Godiva, Gharadelli's , or those other fancy chocolates, See's are the best ever!

My hair color turned out fab, went to a new guy and a new stylist, it was cut into a severe sorta Katie Holmes bob-the new one with the bangs... but I like to wear my hair wavy, up, back, etc.. so he cut a few layers, it looks so cute, yeah! My hair is super fine-ugh.

Today is Bootcamp/Bi's Tri's...I am on week 4 of the 4DS, I don't really follow the order Cathe lists the workouts, just make sure to do them all in a weeks time and take the rest days she lists. next month, I am thinking about the GS...I cannot wait to see what the Jan. rotation is!

Judy, I'll be feeding anywhere from 6 to 9 on Christmas eve and plan on having about 14 for Christmas dinner. Add breakfast and lunches for 6 to 9, depending on the the day. I hope you feel better soon.

Shannon, I'm feeling for you with the lack of cardio. Even though I've started working out again, 30 min on a 6inch step has me hardly breaking a sweat. Patience, patience. Hope the work trouble clears up.

Leanne, welcome to our little (and hopefully getting littler) group. Congratulations on the poundage lost.

Oh, a timer is going off. Back to work.

Hi again... hope this worked!

Deb

Yeah! It worked! This is Kelsey in her "sloppy sit".. you wouldn't believe that this dog has 2 Obedience titles! This sit would make an AKC judge frown ( or laugh if he/she has terriers!) :7

293796365.jpg

Omigosh, look how CUTE!!!!

Leanne - welcome, welcome! We ARE a lot of fun and yes, we're all trying to lose some weight. It started as 10 lbs by Christmas, but I'm thinking we're going to carry on because *ahem* I don't think any of us has made it yet:p

Hi everyone. I am really sleepy today because I took some cold medicine (Mucinex DM) last night. At least I slept better.

Ewan is sick today so I'm keeping him home from nursery school. He's still in a jolly mood but he's really snotty and coughing some. A funny thing he's been doing lately is saying "Oh dear," which he learned from a Thomas the Tank Engine video. He love Thomas.

We'll just be sticking around the house today. Right now I'm waiting anxiously for the mail--I sure hope my Cathe Calendar comes today! Yesterday I took a rest day (except for all the shopping and present-wrapping and cleaning). Today I hope to do 4DS Kickbox (which I'd been going to do yesterday) if I can get the energy up to do it during Ewan's nap this afternoon.

Deb, I still haven't decided if I need more rest or not. I feel like I've had plenty of rest lately since I couldn't do much with the ankle when it was messed up. I feel like maybe working out would energize me. On the other hand, maybe it's not helping. Oh, and what an adorable doggie!!! I really have to get a dog soon.

Robin, hey, I think I am a Chuckledoodle, too. My goofy name was Dorky Chuckledoodle. Good luck with your Christmas preparation! I'm sure it will all come together just fine.

Judy, hope you feel better soon and ease out of that DOMS, too.

Shannon, sorry you feel crummy, too. I hope they let you do cardio soon!

Shelley, interesting that you do Boxing Day in Canada. It was a holiday both in Holland and England when we were there, though we were never sure how to celebrate it ourselves. Did I tell you my grandfather was Canadian?

Tneah, good job on the chocolates. My hair is very fine, too, but there's a lot of it (or so the stylists tell me). I've had too many Texas stylists put it into a big poof style which it takes very well, somehow. Luckily the NY stylists don't seem to be as interested in making big hair. :p

Leanne, hi & welcome to the group! I owe you an email so I won't write too much to you here today!

OK, gotta go get some more coffee or something.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif[/font]

Good news!

1. I have a sitter tonight so I can take Isaac to perform at the winter concert at his school and leave sickly Ewan at home. I was worried either we wouldn't go or I'd have to take a snotty toddler along.
2. I finally got my Cathe Calendar!
3. I am feeling more energetic so I plan to put Ewan down for a nap soon and do 4DS KB!

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif[/font]

Hi Melters. Today was a rest day so I got to sleep in. Fortunately, DH gets up before me so he takes care of the dog. I keep saying every week that I will get up anyway at the normal time and do housework or something productive but I never do.

Today I'm wearing a pair of pants that were a little too snug a month ago. They are still a little 'firm' but they don't feel like they are cutting off the circulation to my lower body either. Even better melting news for me is that both of DH's cousins have cancelled their Christmas respective parties. Bypassing two parties at least must be good for 1 pound not gained, right?. ;)

Deb: I sometimes feel guilty picking up a weight heavier than Cathe but I'm sure that when Cathe works out on her own, she's picking up heavier weights than what she does on these videos.

Shelley: WTG on your 6 mile run!

Judy: You are the hostess, aren't you? You had a bunch at T-day and now you have Christmas too. I appreciate all the work that takes!

Shannon: I hope you feel better!

Tneah: I guess I'm the only one who's never heard of See's chocolate. Maybe it's good that I'm 3000 miles away from it as it sounds very yummy. My attitude is that if I'm going to use up calories on chocolate, it might as well be good chocolate. I don't waste my time with Hershey's anymore! Gimme the good stuff.

Robin: I really like LIC, but in my head - and I don't know why - I keep calling it Low Income Circuit instead of Low Impact Circuit

Leanne: Welcome! Of course we have room. Congrats on your weight loss so far. You're ahead of most of us! I LOL'd about your comments on leotards and legwarmers. I have a confession: I used to knit my own legwarmers. How dorky is that?

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the warm welcome to your group! I really hope that I'm not imposing!

:)

I just got done doing GS Legs -- and my legs are still shaking from it! I'm sitting down now to have a Banana Cream Lean Dessert shake, so hopefully a little rest will energize me to take a shower.

Judy and Shannon -- Hope you're both feeling better! It's so hard to fight those nasty cold bugs off this time of year! How did you injure your calf, Shannon?

Deb -- Kelsey is so cute! She doesn't look too sloppy at all! :)

TK -- I have to admit, I'm a little jealous of those homemade leg warmers! The funny thing is that I think they're back in style! My SIL, who's much younger than me and very hip and stylish, was wearing a pair *under* her jeans last week at my niece's b-day party. Of course, they looked great on her!

Tneah -- Don't you just love See's candy? Last week I went to get a box for my dad for Christmas (I always get him a box of dark nuts for each holiday), and I was so proud of myself because I tucked away the sample and saved it for my DH. Of course, I was fantasizing about it all the rest of the day . . . .

Popping in to tell Leanne...hey there girl, welcome to the melters!:) You said no to a See's sample?? Wow, I am humbled by your self-control.

To laugh hysterically at TK's "homemade" legwarmers :) heehee, gotta love the 80's right?

And to tell Deb, your dear sweet little terrier has the most adorable "sit" I have ever seen (well, Georgie's is pretty darn cute too!)

I just got back from PetSmart, I bought George a stocking, and a bunch of doggy treats, so he will wake up Christmas morning and find a stocking full of fun things! Geez, I am a dork, and really should have children.....I buy all my friends kids things all the time too...

Oh, and I received three huge boxes of chocolate dipped strawberries from on of our clients that I promptly regifted! I am such a good girl, plus I put the See's candies in DH's office, outta sight outta mind....

Might do a stint on the treadmill tonight-slow walk...I like to add a little extra "cardio" at night sometimes when I have the time, plus the guys will be scarfing down cheesey Italian food, and I don't need to be around ziti with melted cheese!:7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.