^^Its a Marvelous MELTING Monday! ^^

Hey ladies! It's 2:39 in the morning and I just got home! Eleven hours on the plane!!! Hope everyone else got home safely! Love and hugs! I'm going to sleep!!!

Hi everyone! We got home about 8 last night. The vacation was nice and relaxing. It was great to see our friends in North Carolina and we spent our time laughing, eating and kayaking. We're already planning next summer's trip. I'm totally out of touch here, without any computer access for a week! I hope all of you are great.

Shelley, are you back to work today too? Ugh. I arranged to go in an hour late so I could work out, since Bible school starts tonight. I'm doing a CTX rotation.

Leanne and Lainie, how was the RT?!?! I thought about you guys all weekend.

Tneah, I got your package. Thank you sooo much, Beauty Fairy!

Greetings to all the rest of you melty folks. No melting last week, due to lots of "I'm on vacation...." eating, but happily, no swelling either. See you all later.

I'm back....

Hello...

We just got back from walking the Double K's, wow it was thundering the whole time, but no rain yet...has this been the crappies summer of all times?

Welcome back to our RT'er's...we will have to hear all the details! Did they mention anything about STS? Will it be out before 2010? :rolleyes:

Robin:
Glad you had a good time and good for you for arranging that late sart for work today! Smart girl!

Tneah:
Thanks for the link to the pic...I never would have found it.. I'm such a dork! Yeah for the new boat...how is it? Have you jogged around the Promanade deck yet?

Vilma:
Yes, I would ask at the sporting goods store if they would order some KB's...mine was $30 I think at Dick's. Its a 15# one.

Allison:
Wow a 60 min I-Tread plus MM? you are one energetic bunny!...ummm Allison...what's with the comment about men? what happened?

Erin:
Good Idea on the I-Pod trick...I don;t have any music on mine, its all I-Train stuff..plus I would have to watch the screen pretty carefully to see when she was changing things etc

Lainie:
Glad you had fun at the RT...when you are rested you will have to give us the details!

Have a great day!

Deb:)

Good morning,
I was up all night with a massive migraine. I just got out of the shower and somehow I have to make it through work.

I'll be back later.

Oh and Welcome back Robin and Leanne!

Hey melty ladies...

I could NOT get to sleep last night. Back to work thoughts kept racing through my head. I ended up getting to sleep around 1 or after and got up at 6. So rather than looking all rested from my vacay, I have HUGE bags under my eyes. I may take a rest day today and just spend the evening on the couch!

Deb - I was reading some on the reason we're getting all this rain yesterday. Sounded like weather mumbo-jumbo to me. Something about highs and lows and blah blah blah. Of course, this morning it's gorgeous and I'm going back to work.

Robin - I'm glad you had a good time but I sure am glad to see you back!

Allie - you don't wanna switch sides. ;) Ouchie on the migraine. Can you take anything for it?

Leanne - YAY you're back! Can't wait to hear stories! And when is BIL moving out?

Well, last time I was on vacation, the boss just about fired me when I went back, so wish me luck this morning. :confused:

Good Morning Ladies

I have GS Legs and Coremax today and I'm needing to find my happy place this morning .

Suffice it to say I CAN NOT wait for school to start here just two more weeks.

The last thing I need when I get up in the morning is to deal with a snarky arsed teenager :mad: and and I haven't even had my coffee yet!

Can I do a rewind please?!:confused:

UGH!

Sooooo.... :eek:

I hope everyone here is starting off better than I am :eek:

Deb - Well its a good thing you got in your workout with rain on ya - actually I think I need to talk a good long walk to clear my head before I hang someone by their toenails here :eek:

Leanne Welcome Back! 11 hours on the plane? OMG! That so sucks! I'm hoping you are tucked away in your bed sleeping and resting now.

Robin where in NC were you vacationing at? I live in NC :) Sounds like you had a grand time.

Allison - sending you get feeling better vibes Gawd How I hate having those horrendous migraines! As for these men acting like snot babies ugh I hear you on that they can be so infuriating eh?

Oh Shelley so sorry to hear about your lack of sleep too :( and Good Luck at work!

Okay Ladies I need to get off my rear and do something instead of letting these teenagers of mine get the better of me today - I'm already feeling blue :( because of it - meh

Yeah I need to work out good and hard to up my mood

picture.php

Hi Vilma! I didn't realize we had another melter! Welcome. We were in Columbia, NC, about 40 miles inland from Manteo. I love it there - it's so wild! One of the highlights of the trip was a visit to the bridge where the Purple Martins roost at night. Do you live near the Outer Banks?

Hi, I'm back. My migraine is getting better. I took some prescription meds for it and it's subsiding. Thank god.

Sorry about the "men" comment last night. I was really frustrated with Jim. But all's good now. ;)

I couldn't get up to workout this morning. :mad: Yet again. I'm planning on cardio tonight (if I have the time). I have a TON of schoolwork to do and have to meet with my group for school too to go over our presentation for this week's class. The more I think about it, the more it looks like I'm not gonna get in a workout today. :( Bummer.

Hi to Lainie, Peggie and Leanne--our resident August RTers! I'm sooooooo glad you're back, peanuts! I'm so sorry about Leanne's travel woes. Man, that sucks. I can't even imagine. :( I'm glad you're home safe and sound now!

Robin--Oh, it's SOOOOOOOOOO good to have you back! I missed you terribly! I'm so happy you had fun on your vay-cay. And how awesome that your "I'm on vacation..." eating didn't leave any reminders! ;)

Deb--nice work with your iTread today. Careful walking the K's with all that thunder!

Tneah--how'd the boat moving go? I bet it's just beautiful. What I wouldn't give to see that thing. Is your hubby happy with it? Enjoy!

Shelley--oh, I'm sorry you didn't sleep well last night. I didn't either. This headache had me up all night plus I never really sleep well anyway. I must have been up every 25 minutes last night and I never really fell into a deep sleep when I was asleep. Then of course right as the alarm went off I had fallen into a nice, relaxing sleep. Ugh. Always works out that way, huh? Hope work isn't too painful for ya today. :)

Ok, I have to go. I'll be back later to finish up personals. We have so many people in this checkin now it's going to take all morning to do personals!!! :confused:

ETA: Hi Vilma! Sorry about the snarky teenager. I was totally one of those back in my teenage days. My poor parents. ;)

Oh and Robin--not sure if you noticed yet but we have a few new Melters. Vilma, Nancy (Nancy324) and Erin (eriniski).

Last edited:
*** JUMPING UP AND DOWN HOLLERING***
ROBIN AND LEANNE AND LAINIE AND PEGGIE AND KARA ARE BACK!!!!! WHOOOOOPPPPEEEEE!!!!
We missed you meltie mavens. SO glad to see you again. (even though I haven't "seen" Peggie and Kara, but I know they're back...)

Leanne – did you have horrible weather? I bet you’re beat. Can’t wait to hear the stories, but I’m so glad to see your smiling face back here.

Robin – Melt, shmelt on the vacay, right? That’s what vacays are for! Laughing, eating and kayaking sounds simply perfect!!!!!

Allie - *tosses migraine meds her direction* Sorry you’re feeling icky… DH stayed home with a massive migraine too. L (((HUGSS))) and *cold compresses* ETA - we were posting at the same time! Glad your headbone is better. How is that paper coming?

Deb – Morning, sunshine! Are the Ks scared of the thunder?

Shelley – a friend of mine used to keep pics of her vacations all around her desk, then when she was feeling stressed, she just sort of “concentrated” on those pictures for awhile. Hope your day flies by, babycakes!

Tneah – how is the new boat, madam???? Hope you got moved without incident, and that you celebrated in STYLE!

Vilma – I’m sure your happy place awaits you… GS Legs is great – maybe you can lunge lunge lunge your troubles away.

Hi to all my other Melty Babes to follow… on the van today. Don’t have my usual day off this week, so I spent the WHOLE day cooking yesterday. I have food for miles. Actually, mostly protein… J Got my lower body circuit in yesterday, and cardio is already done this a.m. Gotta hit the upper body circuit when I get home.

Love and hugs- hope to BBL.

Whoo hoo. Thanks for the heads up on the newer melters, Allie. Glad to hear the migraine is subsiding. I've never had one, but understand they can lay you flat.

Tneah, you're on the new boat? How exciting! Have you found any space for your painting?

BG, sorry you don't get a day off. I'm off Wednesday and already can't wait for it. So are you doing the Mr Trainerman thing now? Are you feeling more energenic and inspired? Hope so.

Good morning, everyone!

I want to see more RT pics. Come on, get busy and post, ladies! :D

Leanne - you are a nut. You posted at 2 a.m. instead of falling straight into bed? Well, I'm glad you love us so much! :eek:

Robin - I'm so glad you had such a lovely vacation!

Shelley - So, how's your wonderful boss this morning? Everything okay?

Vilma - I think teenagers are a totally different species. They metamorph at about 12 yrs, then get stuck there forever! I'm so glad I don't have any of my own. Hang in there.

Allie - I'm glad the headache is getting better. Hey, i did Step Sweatfest Saturday and saw you!!! I just shake my head at that one part where you're leaping all over the step. :D

Breckie - how's Mr. Trainer Man's program going? Are you suffering too terribly yet? Ahem... I had more peanut butter than was good for me this weekend. :eek:

Guess what? I sold my truck! All did was buy a For Sale sign, stick it in the window, and park the truck out in the field near the road. I did this at 9 a.m. Saturday and had the darned thing sold by 9 p.m. Woohoo!

I'm considering a rest week. :( :confused: Remember when I strained my back a while ago but then it was okay? At least I thought it was. But it hasn't been completely normal since then, and late last week and over the weekend.... low back pain. Curse all these stupid injuries. The thumb, however, is much better.

I really want to do Step Blast tonight though.

Okay, let's see who else has posted while I was typing this....

YAYYY for Shannon, back too! It feels like home! It was so quiet while everyone was out. *gets out pad of paper in anticipation of keeping up again...*

Robin - yes, actually feeling pretty good. Not quite so sluggish. I'm only one week in, so I'm not going to celebrate anything just yet. I've finally got the diet down, after some mishaps and miscalculations - but it's so specific!

Shannon - I'm pretty sure the more PB the better. It makes me :D:D:D:D. I love meal 5 - I get to have a big hunky glob of it on a ricecake. mmmmm YAHOOO on selling the truck! That was QUICK! Did you Vanna White it while it was on the side of the road? ;) Glad to hear the thumb is better. Probably best to circumvent the injury and go ahead and rest. Can you just take some walks - or would that aggravate your back, too?

Last edited:
Hi Kittens, I'm home!!!

Got home about midnight last night. I am very tired and am getting ready to do stinky laundry and then will post my pictures. Some of them the lighting was really crappy, but there are some really good ones. I did not take a ton of them.

It was great to meet our fellow melties. Kara, you are phenomenal. I really enjoyed getting to know you and Leanne. Leanne, glad you got home safe.

It was great to meet Lainie as well. Thanks for the little bag Lainie. I love it.

I have not even unpacked my suitcase. For some reason it was so much heavier coming home than going out. Hmmmmm, I wonder why.

Anyway -------- BBL

Good Morning All!:D Welcome back Road Trippers and Robin!!:D:D

I thought if I was gonna yell this morning, it should be in a soothing green.;)

Sooo....Robin, I am so happy you are back, rested, well fed and not feeling bad about what you ate, as evidenced by the way your drawers (pronounced "draaaa-eeerrsss) are still fitting. That is a perfect vavay to me! I missed you.:D

Deb, Did the pups go nuts over your weather/storm? Georgie is afraid of lout and sudden noises, the poor huge baby.

Shelley, sorry you have to head back to work sweetie, ugh, but hey, you had some kick butt workouts this weekend and Chris told you are leaner--duh, Chris...:D thats something to hold onto today and remember when you start to feel down...

Vilma, uh, I was one of those teens, and after reading how distraught and miserable it made you this morning I feel bad all over again! I think I got out all of my anger and agressions as a teen which is why I am such a nice girl today.;) Ha.:p

Allison, I cannot even imagine how painful the migraines are. I am glad to see you took your meds and are feeling better. What did Jimmy boy do to upset yesterdauy? Or maybe I shouldn't be so nosey.:cool:

Shannon, I adore seeing your posts Monday morning as I miss you over the weekend! I am excited to see the RT pics too!

BG, good girl, I always made up a bunch of protein sources and put them in single serving baggies for the whole week. Its just so much easier that way!

Leanne, yippee darlin'! :) Happy you are back,,,,not so happy about your long arse trip though.:mad: Rest today and check back when you are feeling more yourself.

Hugs the the rest of you loverlies...well, today is moving day number 2. Uh, yeah. After one year on our old boat we have pack ratted so to speak, so much shee-ot, its almost embarassing. What I thought was going to take maybe 3 hours, is turning into a 3 day ordeal, plus cleaning. Yeah, and I have two people helping me which is nice, but frankly? Ever since I met DH, we have moved a total of 5 times, and I am tired of it. Its hard, DH does not help at all, he sits around and basically shoots the breeze with the captain...yeah. Anyway, I certainly do not want to complain here. The boat is amazing, its just gonna take a minute to get it together, we are totally redoing the whole interior so it will be in an upheaval for awhile.

DH's daughter is here, we "got our wine on" last night, thankfully I practices restraint and feel quite good this morning! She likes to walk, so we will walk for exercise today, other than that, I am probably not going to get in any other workout for the next few days.

BBL guys, need more coffee, I didn't sleep the best last night either, DH awoke to terrible charley horses in his calves which took a long time to go away, the poor baby.:(

I made a ton of spelling errors in my post :eek: but I do not feel inclined to fix them, so my humblest apologies. I am feeling a bit lazy.

Shee-ot...I missed Pegsters and the fact Shannon sold her truck! Will be looking for RT photos, Peggy, I loved that green t-shirt you wore..:0)

Last edited:
Good morning Melties! Oh man, yesterday was annoying. My plane was delayed repeatedly and never made it to Philly from NY. Finally, another plane that had landed was rerouted to Nashville and we were able to get on that one. Just as we were about to board, a huge thunderstorm came through and the airport closed (for about the 5th time). Fun. I finally landed here at 10pm (was supposed to be 4) and then got stucj in a *(&^*$&^%#$ traffic jam on the interstate. I got home around midnight. Love, love, love traveling.

Fortunately, another RTer (got2bfit) was stranded near me, so we chatted for quite awhile. She was trying to fly to NY, then to Denver. It was fun getting to know her. We talked about our favorite premixes (Leanne...) and on the way home I looked her up in the Who's Who book and found out she is a grandma. Holy moly, she looked sooo young.

I just got the kidlets off to their first day of school and have to run errands and CLEAN, but have to tell you guys that Leanne, Peggie, and Lainie are awesome. I really wish we lived closer! It was so much fun talkin' kettlebells and fitness all weekend with these amazing women. I hope to meet all of you one day!

Welcome to the new Melters! I hope to catch up here soon, but my kids have just started school, my home is under a huge remodeling project(s), and did I mention to anyone that my oven EXPLODED last Wednesday??? Seriously. It.literally.exploded. I have been in denial about it...anyhoo, I will try to be back later!

Sorry about the "men" comment last night. I was really frustrated with Jim. But all's good now.

Hi Everyone- So I don't think I could be any more tired. I stayed up way to late last night watching big brother, putting myself into a food coma and scratching a book of lottery scratch tickets (yes i did say a book, anthony is crazy) luckily we only lost $200. So as you can tell I am dozing at my work, didn't wake up this am to do my workout (which is annoying since I don't drink coffee) Not a good way to start the week.

Lainie, Peggie and Leanne- I'm glad you guys are back safely and had a great trip.

Robin- That sounded like an awesome vaca

Deb- kudos to you for waking up and being done with your workout!!

Tneah- it must be great to have the boat and relax!

Allie- Sorry about the headache !! Glad you are feeling better. I hope you can get in some sort of workout in.

Shelley- Sorry you didn't sleep well last night. Too bad I didn't hop on computer we could have chatted! I hope work flies for you today.

Vilma- your teen will def appreciate you in a few years so it will all be worth it!!

Breckie - I'm curious about how your program is going too?

Shannon- I am with you on the rest week. I think i did something to my hip flexor hurts a little but sometimes i just try to push anyways sometimes works and sometimes makes 100x worse

Erin

I am trying to upload my pictures on my picture trail. It is very slow for some reason. I will try to upload the rest later.

Kara and Leanne - It was wonderful getting to know you both and I thoroughly enjoyed hanging out with you guys. THANK YOU

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.