<<^^>> squeaky *clean* weekend <<^^>>

Collin's birthday party is next Saturday, so I have a lot of things to do this weekend to prepare for that. His part is at the local wellness center (sort of like a gym, but they have lots of programing for kids). He is having a "sports and fitness" birthday party. Rather than giving each kid a bag of junk that will get thrown away (you know, those party favor bags?) I decided to make each kid something they can *hopefully* use. So we are making each little guest to the party a "jersey" with his or her name on it, a number, and a little soccer ball on the front. It is only costing me about $4 per child to do, which is awesome, but it is obviously going to take some time to put together so i'll be working on that this weekend.

I also want to start some shopping for spring clothes, grocery max, laundry max, nap max, the Saturday usual;)

Workout today will be a long run on the TM and some core. Be back soon.

goodmorning katie! what a great idea for a party favor. let me know how you end up doiong the shirts. enjoy your run! what core work are you doing?

i did my 12 miles, albeit with interruptions from mile 7.5 on. oh well - cannot complain. finn got up 1 hr early and aidan is sleeping in. off to do breakfast!

top of the morning to ya!

katie, cool favor!!! dds and i have made a lot of iron-on ts w/ their pics - so fun! weve made them for grandparents too.

morris, it would take me all day to run 12 miles!!! cause i wouldnt be running - id be crawling the last half!

-------------
i made psncakes and french toast......AND I ATE KASHI!!! shouldnt i get some kind of clean-eating "credit" for that!?

i woke up early and made roasted tomato salsa to go w/ tacos for lunch - smells great!

wo later - sts9/legs!!!!
b - kashi, apple. 1T pb
l - taco salad
d - cashew chicken!!!!
snacks?????

bbl.........

kate, can i come over for lunch and dinner???? seriously, though, i lost the recipe for the chicken lettuce wraps (and i found hoisn sauce.). could you post it agian, pretty please?? enjoy your workout

cashew chicken

Cashew Chicken
Serves 4 to 6
Toast the cashews on a baking sheet in a 350-degree oven until lightly browned, about 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Presliced water chestnuts can be waterlogged; for the crunchiest texture, use canned whole water chestnuts and slice them yourself. It is imperative to use low-sodium chicken broth in this recipe.

Marinade and Sauce
1/2cup mirin 6tablespoons soy sauce 2tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil 2tablespoons plus 4 teaspoons cornstarch 4boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/2 pounds), cut into 3/4-inch pieces 1cup low-sodium chicken broth (see note) 3tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
Stir-Fry
2tablespoons vegetable oil 8ounces snow peas , stems snapped off and strings removed, halved crosswise 1tablespoon grated fresh ginger 6garlic cloves , minced 1/4teaspoon red pepper flakes 1(8-ounce) can water chestnuts , drained and sliced thin (see note) 1cup toasted cashews (see note); half roughly chopped, half left whole
1. For the marinade and sauce: Whisk 3 tablespoons mirin, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, 2 tablespoons sesame oil, and 2 tablespoons cornstarch in large bowl. Add chicken and toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, for at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours.
2. Whisk broth, Worcestershire, remaining mirin, remaining soy sauce, remaining sesame oil, and remaining cornstarch in separate bowl; set aside.
3. For the stir-fry: Remove chicken from marinade and pat dry with paper towels. Heat 2 teaspoons vegetable oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until just smoking. Brown half of chicken, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink, about 4 minutes. Transfer chicken to plate and tent with foil; repeat with additional 2 teaspoons vegetable oil and remaining chicken.
4. Add remaining vegetable oil to empty skillet and heat over medium-high heat until shimmering. Cook snow peas until bright green, about 1 minute. Add ginger, garlic, and pepper flakes to pan and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in water chestnuts and reserved broth mixture and cook, stirring constantly, until sauce is thickened, about 2 minutes. Return chicken, along with any accumulated juices, to skillet and cook until heated through, about 1 minute. Off heat, stir in cashews. Serve.

Morris, thanks for the compliments on my wedding pics! For the t-shirts, I bought blue and green for the boys and yellow for the girls. I got iron-on letters and numbers so on the back of each shirt will be the child's first name and a number. On the front pocket area, there will be a soccer ball. "Mommy" and "Bishy" will have t-shirts also;) I will post a few pictures once I'm done. HOW MANY MILES did you run???? You are amazing.....

Kate, your menu today sounds awesome -- I wanna come over too! You definitely win the clean award for the day for resisting those breakfasts!

Hello to all who follow!

My run was okay -- I got it done, but it was not pretty. Just now feeling it today. Off to the store to shop for spring clothes, see ya later!

Happy Saturday my fit friends!

Sorry I didn't post again yesterday. I did get my workout done-STS6-Legs. Man these leg workouts are like a cardio workout, too-bonus! The carnival was fun-I brought a kashi turkey fiesta pocket sandwich for dinner. I did have a couple of treats-a brownie bite, a no bake cookie bite and a piece of cotton candy (Nevena gave it to me so how could I refuse?) And when I got home a had a handful of honey wheat pretzels. Today is STS5 and some core. Tomorrow is my kb class:) Gonna do some cleaning and maybe go to Costco-nothing definite.

I loved everyone's pictures! You ladies are beautiful:) Maybe I'll try and post one, too.

Katie, have a great workout and have a fun day shopping! I need clothes so bad, but alas no discretionary income and besides I don't know what to buy that looks good. I'm already having an anxiety attack over next week-Darrin's boss invited us to a hospital fundraiser. I so don't want to go.

Morris, way to run! And I loved your pictures:)

Kate, you are THE domestic diva! I got up early-only because Nevena woke up at 6:50!

Hi to Anne, Colleen, Robin, and Angie!

Last edited:
KATIE, IM JEALOUS OF YOUR SHOPPING!!! oops, disnt mean all caps! but im still jealous!:p

klaudia, what a beautiful family! hubby's a fox!:D
good job last night!!
is the fr dressy? no worries - you'll be the hottest one there!

getting lots done! and no junk food!
had to switch my lunch & dinner around. so chicken for lunch - i'll let you know how it turns out.

Wow it's raining cats and dogs so no museum trip for us this weekend. get lost in the rain.:rolleyes: So shopmax for me. I'm going to reward myself for finishing meso1 with some new w/o cloths from Targets:D

Kate that is going to be a GREAt party.

Morris you knees are made of steal. 12 miles.:eek:

Kate you were like me today. I made pancakes and turkey sausage but I ate oatmeal. Cashew Chicken looks good and easy.

Klaudia you are almost done with meso1. Did you get a change to look at meso 2 in the guide.:eek: OMG she is going to kill us.

My w/o 1/2 hour of step machine and k-bell core. Looking forward to my recovery week.

Robin, Sorry about the failed plans! Looks like you'll manage tho!:p;)
^5 on your clean Breakfast!
You ladies and your new clothes!!!! WAH!!! I wanna go shopping!!!!:p

.......starting the chicken!
white rice for fam. Brown for Me! I think DDs will eat the brown tho...thet do at PFs anyway!

Hey gals! We are back. I actually didn't lurk at all over the weekend. I brought my iPhone but not my computer so didn't really have a whole lot of time to web search.

We had a great time but I'm glad to be home where I can workout and control what I eat!!

Are you all doing a rotation this month? I'm planning to start Cathe's Feb rotation tomorrow - anyone who's not doing STS want to join me? :) We'll see how it goes but it looks pretty decent.

Today and tomorrow I'm going to spend some time finding some cleaner recipes. Eating has just been a nightmare lately.

I don't have a whole lot of time to catch up right now but I'll leave you with some pics!! It won't let me upload my "real" pics cuz they're too big. I'll upload them somewhere else and give you the link. These are from my iphone.

BBL!

angie

Attachments

• IMG_0138.jpg
    IMG_0138.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0164.jpg
    IMG_0164.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0170.jpg
    IMG_0170.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 12
kate, wish i could send you some water chestnuts - i just got some at the store of the chick wrap stuff. but, i could not find ground chick or turkey, so i got morningstar veggie crumbles. pls tell me you do not grind your own chicken????

klaudia, love your family pics!! you and dh look so good together. glad you had fun last night!

robin, sorry for the ruined plans but enjoy the shopping.

katie, i have shopping envy too. ahhh, when dh gets back, it is shoes for me. and underware!!

angie, welcome back, we missed you. i am going to do a rotation of my own - my usual cardios, but 2 total upper body wo's a week and 1 circuit. i have just done 2 months of heavy splits and am taking a break.

dog and ki=ds are walked, laundry max done, finished my grocery shopping and post office run. now i am going to attack my closet. i wanted to do some floor work, but i think i did enough this am. may as well be productive. i love seeing everyone's family

Hi Everyone!

I was exhausted last night and started falling asleep around 9. This morning I did Kickbox eXtreme, then went out shopping. We really need towels and sheets but today I just got towels. I also found a sale and got a couple of tops and a pair of pants. I still haven't built up my summer wardrobe since I lost weight a couple of years ago. Chris wasn't working at the time so I couldn't really afford to buy much.

Tonight we are going to in-laws for my birthday dinner. It will be totally unclean except I think she is making a salad.

Klaudia, great pics. where did you get the kashi sandwich? I am not a morning person either.
Katie, great party favor for Collins party. Have fun preparing.
Kate, I hate it when I don't have an ingredient for what I am making. I am always on the web looking for substitutions.
Robin, sorry about the rain cancelling your trip. We are supposed to get some rain/sleet tonight and snow tomorrow night. i guess winter is not over yet.
Angie, glad you had a great time. You can find some clean recipes at eatingwell.com

Time for cleanmax.

lunch was good even w/o the chestnuts, will use more c'starch next time tho - prefer my sauce a little thicker. i have another recipe for the wraps that looks more pf-style....might try ittomorrow.

morris, le me know how you like the wraps!
you are sp productive!! you amaze me!
i love to be in the kitchen but NO! i dont grind my own chicken!:eek: i found it at the store.

colleen, "enjoy" your bd dinner!:p
another shopper!!! you guys are killing me!!! groceries are as exciting as i get anymore!

i wanna make cooooookies!!!! resisting thus far. althoooo...i never had my friday night sweet! maybe i'll make pear oatmeal muffins - a healthy treat!

hey everyone

colleen, have fun shopping and at dinner tonight. hope it is a good "bad" dinner at least:p

kate, wish my store had ground chicken. i will let you know how it goes with the meatless crumbles. i am excited to try it with finn tonight.

my closet and drawers are done. i just talked to my mom. she is so so sad! i wonder when/if it will get better for her. she needs someone to take care of her, and sometimes i wonder if she is missing my dad b/c of love or b/c of security. i just do not know. it is so sad to me to hear her say so much about him as i try right now to not think about him. now i am in a sad mood. at least i have been productive.

eats clean so far, but i had a weird lunch - leftover haddock, lots of brocolli, yougart, and a little dry cereal:eek:i got some frosted shredded wheat at the store and i should not have. if i start dipping into the box it is going in the trash. kate, your muffins sound so good, but then, so does katie's dessert from last night. i think i will read a book for a few minutes before kiddos get up. hope to have a play date after. i love being home and not working. more on that later.

Whew, busy day in there ladies! All the pictures are gorgeous! Klaudia, it's great to see your front side, haha! And Angie, those girls are just adorable!

Shopping was fine, not great. I had hoped to find a ton of stuff on great sales, but I didn't do quite that well. I got some summer shorts for Collin, some Nike capris for me, kitchen towls, a bath rug for my mom, and a new bed for Madison. A peculiar collection of things...

I have all the stuff I need to do but I feel like I don't know where to begin.... Better get to it...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.