^^ DAMAGE CONTROL Tues ^^

gidget1978

Cathlete
Good Morning!:)

Hope no one cares that I am starting the thread:) I am up early to get my run in before work so I thought I would pop in and say good marn'in!:D

Todays workout is going to be a interval type run, I think I may do fartleks for fun:) I was reading in my mag last night that we should incorporate fartleks once a week, even if we aren't training for anything...so thats what me is going to do!

Hopefully heartburn won't be following me around today:rolleyes:

Have a good day and a good workout!!!

BBL!
Lori:)

:)Holy Sleepy Heads!;) I have my workout done for the day. Did 40 mins run, (thought I was gonna throw up and time or two) and B&G ab work.

BBL!
Lori

Lori: I briefly scanned the board for the thread and didn't see it so I started one too. I am cutting and pasting my post here. :) Nice job on the puke factor run and ab work this morning. You are a beast! But in a good way. ;)

Good Morning Girls.

Today will be either Amy's upper body or one of the 2 lower body vids I got y'day. I'll decide later since I didn't get up early enough to get it done this morning. :p

Jacque: Hey, I had a glass of wine last night so don't feel bad about your beer, okay? ;) So did you wipe the drool up off your computer keyboard last night? LOL I hope dinner was as yummy as it sounded. Wow, does your DH not like the taste of veggies or something? He sure annialates the broccoli! :D If I make veggies plain then DH will salt and/or pepper them a little bit but that's it. I like to sautee them in a little olive oil and/or use Adobo on them for a bit of flavor myself. Lately I've been making frozen veggies in the microwave. It's so easy! I don't know why I never tried it before! I checked out FF's Jan rotation and it looks killer. Enjoy it! I would like to do it some day but who knows when that day will come! LOL

Ang: Nope, no ebay/amazon sellin' for me. LOL Not right now anyway. I have some vids I could stand to sell but just not in the mood to do the work right now. :p You sound like my mom at work. All of her drivers go to her to chat and then she gets no work done. Just shows what a great person you are that your employees want to talk to you like that. :)

Diana: The broccoli you made sounds delish! You know I think my blisters are because of the gloves I use. I've been using the Cathe gloves we got on the RT. I love them but they don't work as well for kb work outs as my other ones do. I think I'll have to use them just for traditional weights and pull out my other gloves for the kbs. My blisters weren't nearly as bad before. I want to get some weight lifters chalk and see if that works but I just haven't gotten around to it yet. *sigh*

BBL!

Good Morning Ladies,

I've got Burn it Up on tap for this morning. It's only 30 minutes but its high intensity, similar to blasts only of the Imaxes. It also has a 20 min yoga section afterward but I'm not sure if I'm going to do that or not. I'd rather do ab work instead.

BTW, the broccoli turned out good and everyone liked it-except for Jerod who pretty much doesn't like any vegetables.

Jacque-I love FF's rotations too. I was tempted with the Jan rotation but couldn't wait to start CLX once I had it. Enjoy the heavy weight training this month.

Angie-Sorry you had so many interruptions at work. I hate when that happens. CC is sounding good, I love coach Sean's voice. I need to add those in every now and then to mix things up.

Lori-great job on your fartleks. I totally get the puke factor when doing fartleks.

Wendy-I have some leather weight lifting gloves and I haven't gotten any blisters from my kb when using them. Of course, it's not 30lbs either:D I haven't tried any of the splits from Amy's weight workouts, I've only done the total body.

bbl

Morning Ladies ...

Lori .. OK . I am lost WTH is a fartlek???? My mind is reeling just thinking about the possibilities of what it could be :eek: I gather it is extremely hard if the puke factor is involved (my puke factor is sprints full out and terminators)

Wendy ... have you got a 1/2 or a full on marry coming up??? I forget?? You have been logging in some miles for sure!!

Di .. glad the veggies were good .. I am one that sautee my veggies .. or boil them .. dont like them baked or grilled .. go figure??? Broccoli is one I can ONLY eat in stir fry .. like it mixed w/the Asian spices .. but YUCK any other way (I can eat fresh raw but alas I like buttermilk ranch dressing w/it that way :eek:)

Ang ... I hate chatters .. I always say some people have a "face" for chatters .. I work w/one girl that gets them everytime ... I just walk by and snicker! My work pretty much does not allow any "chat" time .. luckily I am behind a wall (away from direct view from public) .. and the ones that do know where I am usually only want to beg for time or tell me their sob stories about why they cant pay *ugh* .. hope you are not snowed in today .. all of the north's weather looks WICKED!!!!

Jacque .. hope the blahs are better today ... supper sounded delish!! I too had a CAB last night .. just one hectic day ... it was a must :confused:

Jen .. hope you are feeling spry today ... hang in their chic!!

Last night's class was circuit w/longer cardio segments .. was a good class and my legs were kinda shaky from the heavy weight w/o earlier ... KNEW the DOMS were coming .. and yes .. the hammies are screaming at me ... so are the calves .. the quads are heavy feeling but not bad!! My shoulders are doming from class .. still cant do pushups and still have some limitation in range of motion but managed to do some rows and chest presses!!!

Eats: p.m. snack orange // supper: chilli w/deer meat but I did have a CAB .. OH WELL ...

Today: 2 boiled eggs // snack: orange // lunch will be chilli //

today SIL and I are going to do a short cardio w/o // then tonight is 4 step //plank // core // plyo torture!!:)

OK .. gotta run .. my collector is here .. have a great one .. and great sweaty w/o :D

Sitting here freezin' my tushie as I post before the sweaty one jumps in the warm steamy shower.

Done with SB/SJP step/cardio circuit. It was quite fun though I dread the Hi/Lo blasts ! My windows were a shakin' as I was jumping around ! :rolleyes:

I haven't done that one before - never looked at the premixes on that DVD and it has some pretty good ones.

Breakfast was my smoothie with only berries today. Not sure about a snack yet and we have an allergy presentation with a FREE LUNCH today which is to be Panera sandwich/salad combos. Not good on the bread side of things so may try to just take a bit of protein for a snack since I'll be adding some cals with the sandwich and we will be eating out for dinner - Sharks game. :D

Will BBL to catch up on the personals. <<<ohh it is chilly>>>

I got a few extra ZZZZZ's today since I needed them. I got up at 9 and after some coffee decided to workout this morning since I have to pick up Cam at 4:30 from B-ball practice. So, I did a Cathe warmup, 10 1RM's, CC#1, and finished with MM abs and stretch. It was an 80 minute workout, which was longer than I really wanted but it's OVER! Whew!!

Now I gotta get to work and get something done....hopefully no-body will bother me since I'm not usually there on Tuesday.

Lori - I'm lost with Laura......what's a fartlek??? Am I gonna be sorry I asked?:eek:

Wendy - *lol* Ya, it's not the employees that talk my ear off.....it was vendors, uncle, MIL, potential employee, etc. Our employees are hardly ever there when I'm working.....they are usually driving.
I should get some chalk for the KB's too. But, I don't want the mess factor.:( The KB I got from target didn't cause me any problems, but it was not a 30 pounder either.

Diana - Sean certainly doesn't let you ho-hum it does he? I was thinking today that CC#1 wouldn't be too bad. But, those sprints get me every time. Of coarse, I rarely keep it at a level 3......like to push to a 4 when a workout is short.
So any negative thoughts on CLX? So far pretty much everything I have heard is positive. Do you like it more than P90X? I gotta say, the short duration really intrigues me.

Laura - I am NOT generally a chatter. But somehow nobody seemed to pick up on that yesterday. *lol* Usually my body language says a lot, but apparently not yesterday.
So far our weather has been good. A bit cold, but not too much snow. Just a couple of inches a day, which is manageable. The kids were looking forward to another snow day and I told them last night not to get too excited. Sure enough, they had school today.:)
What was the diagnosis on the shoulder? A tear or strain?
Oooooo - chili sounds great! I think I will make some chicken noodle soup when I get home tonight. Yummy!

Jacque - Now that the killer workout is over you can enjoy your fun night on tap.:) Who are they playing tonight?
I don't have KPC on DVD...that one is still VHS for me, so I don't get the fun premixes on that one. I'll bet they are challenging! Actually, many of my Cathe's before the hardcore series are all VHS. I'm too cheap to upgrade.:rolleyes:

OK - gotta get my face on and get to work before the day gets completely away from me.

Have a great day girls

Angie

Just to report .. a short cardio down!! SIL could not meet me .. but I went ahead as planned .. it is around 52 degrees and the sun is out (something we have not seen in a while) .. I did a power walk outdoors .. it was nice and gave me spring fever!! My hammies were a screaming at me though .. YOWZA ... it was not a tough cardio but about a 3 on Seans scale!! :)

Ang .. my shoulder .. he thinks it is an overuse injury .. bursitis .. right in the joint .. I was worried it was a torn rotator cuff ... but Dr. said it was not .. the rx: rest - ice - ibuprofen - and stretching therapy. when I first went I could not raise my arm higher than my shoulder to the side ... and in front maybe to my head .. but now it is a lot better .. but while doing flyes .. the right arm just would not go full range at the bottom and that tendon was aching/pulling a bit .. Dr said I could do light weights ... I was (for me - 20#) .. but think I should have dropped down a bit more . I go back next week and see what he thinks then!! but what is odd to me .. the most loss of range of motion is when the elbow is bent ??? still only will go to the shoulder .. upright rows are out!! :(

EATS: my chilli .. MMM MMM MM .. I bet my tummy wont be growling today .. lol!!! (I am stuffed)

Hi Ladies,

I had intended to hit the rec ctr but I simply have too much work to do and can't get away. We are going to a benefit for my SIL tonight. I'm not really looking forward to it but need to be there.

Fartlek is running term that means speed-play. It's basically intervals of running hard and then recover and do it over and over for set amount of time or distance. You could use telephone poles as an example and run as hard as you could from one pole to the next then maybe walk to the next pole to recover and keep following the same pattern. They are hard, trust me. These types of workouts are usually much shorter than steady state because you use so more more energy in a short amount of time. Sprinting as fast as you can is what causes that puke factor to kick in!

Laura-I would go for a walk if it wasn't so darn icy outside. It would be nice to just get out of the office. Good job getting that in despite the cold weather. I want to come to your class tonight!

Angie-I am enjoying CLX more than P90X. One thing I don't like is that the warmup is the same on all the workouts and so are the stretches. The workouts are a lot more fun than P90X, IMO-and much shorter. The longest workout so far is about 45 minutes.

Jacque-I love the premixes on SJP/SB. When you want an all out cardio sweatfest there is an 80 min SJP/SB cardio only premix. I like to do this one on a weekend when I have more time.

bbl

Just finished Slo Mo Upper body premix. I was disappointed. Didn't feel like enough. Oh well. I don't have time to do more at this point.

Gotta jump in the shower and then figure out dinner.

BBL!

DI .. LOL .. you mean I guessed the meaning of fartlek??? Full out sprints .. when I do trail runs at the end of the run I always do full out sprints .. sprinting as fast as you can possibly run .. my legs always feel way ahead of my body ...and yes the puke factor is way up there .. Man I would love to get back to trail running but it is TOO FREAKING COLD .. not to mention it has been raining so much the shoes would be caked w/so much mud I would not be able to move my feet (talk about a weighted workout .. lol)

Good luck w/the benefit tonight .. will be thinking about you!! .. would love to have you in class tonight .. it will be strange w/o the pushups but I am trying to be a good girl .. think the planks are doable w/the shoulder!!

Wendy .. dont 'cha hate when you do something and feel like it was not quite enough .. no worries .. you have been blasting out the workouts lately!!!

OK .. gotta run .. BBL if I can!! have a great one!:D

Home from work - was supposed to be a half day? :confused:

Lori - so fartleks are fun, huh? I guess some of Sean's workouts just may be considered fartleks. :p No worries about starting the thread - someone has to do it. Wendy is usually the first up and about while you see the rest of us catching the extra zzzz's - course a couple of us are on the "later side" of the US also. ;) Sounds like you got another great run in there - so no races in the future at this point, huh?

Think I missed the results of DS's party last weekend - was it fun? Bet he is catching on the to the whole present thing at his age considering Xmas was just here also.

Wendy - yeppers, keyboard all clean ! ;) Dinner was great - I inhaled it for the most part, but had enough to be satisfied until I woke up at 11 and needed a small handful of dark choc chips. :rolleyes: LOL at DH but he is one of those meat, potatos and FAT types of people. He adores "taste" according to him and it is all about butter, mayo, cheese, etc. Boy did I gain when we first started dating. Now I make meals to my taste, au natural for the most part, and he "dresses" it up to his taste. Works for me - he is slowly gaining though. :p At least I have him eating more veggies and salads than he used to - even if they are piled with dressing or butter !

Hope the blisters clear soon and that your new DVD's give you a better workout next time.

Diana - definitely need to try broccoli the way you made it last night. Ya know those of us in "Garlicville" DUMP the garlic on everything we can think of. ;) Let me know if you want some really fresh, dripping juice garlic this summer. In about July when they start picking, it is sooo hot you can't believe it ! It actually drips when you crush it ! YUM !

Nice to have a short but hard workout. I did catch a glimpse of the premixes on the DVD and they look great. Haven't done too many premixes, but FF has put quite a few in her workouts lately and they are a nice change of pace. Hope work went well and tonight goes well also.

Laura - Well sounds like a walk was what your legs wanted after last nights class, but did you over do it? Hills? We have some nice 70+ weather for a few days - hope I have a chance to take advantage of it at some point. Good to hear the shoulder is doing better - I'm having shoulder "clicks" when I get the weights up to 20# lately - both for flies and overhead tri's. May be hitting the doc soon. Am bummed because with STS coming, I was hoping to lift heavier than I have been. But as I get older, may have to "let go" of the wants and do what I can. :( LOL at chili vs. soup - bet you are feeling much "fuller" than y'day ! :p

Angie - well the sleepies have been going around lately ! I am feeling so much better after a couple good nights of sleep. A bit revived - just need to get past my bum attitude about work now. Slowly I'll get there. Have my review coming up and I so dislike them - funny coming from the HR Mgr, huh?

Hockey tonight will be against Tampa Bay, but Sat will be Red Wings ! :D Always a tough game - we'll see who plays the best. Seems like one team or the other lets down when the two get together.

So how far are you with the 1RM's ? Shouldn't we be getting STS soon? You starting when it comes, or waiting a bit?

For those of you in the East - hope the snow doesn't get too bad - heard on the news this AM that you are going to get hit pretty hard with the cold. :(

Have a great evening girlies !

Heya Jen, how's the light workouts going?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.