^^~ Monday MELTERAMA*~^^

allwildgirl

Cathlete
Morning all!

Not sure where Deb is this morning, but I'll get us started. I didn't get up this morning to work out. I may take a rest day (I've worked out the past seven), but I'll see how tired I am tonight.

Good Morning!

Thanks Shelly for getting us started. I was e-mailing the breeder in Illinois...WE ARE GETTING A PUPPY
:7 :7 :7 :7 ...

She e-mailed us Saturday and we talked to her last night. She said she wants us to have one of the males if we want, and she is so nice! She is making sure that of the 3 she has available, that she picks one that will get along with Kelsey, ( being a dominant one!)..We are so excited.

BB in a bit,

Deb

Morning melters.

Deb, congratulations on the puppy! Will you fly to Chicago to get him, or drive?

Shelley, by all means, take a rest! I had to LOL at Sophie putting a hurt on the bully. Good for her - I mean, Sophie! Shame! Are your puppies better?

tneah, I just saw a mention of the shark attack you mentioned on our news. Scary. We see shark down in St John, but I've never heard of an attack. I'm not sure they'd tell anyone though. Bad for business.

Leanne, so how much school do you have left? DD only has a week, then finals. DH goes a bit longer.

Lainie, is the sign up for the August RT this week? Good luck. I've been avoiding any posts that mention the RT. Such a bummer we can't all go.

Shannon, we are getting your rain today. We need it. I'm sure the farmers are breathing a sigh of relief. Last year was so dry.

Time for me to get moving. I'm planning on 4DS HIS when I get home from work this afternoon. Have a great day!

Hi all,

I did the Chest and Back sections of PUB this morning. The walk was great yesterday. We couldn't have asked for better weather. It was fun. There were sponsors like Starbucks that had stands with coffee and scones before it started.. then they had hotdogs etc afterwards for all the walkers.

Robin:
We will fly into Chicago, then drive about an hour and a half to Rocton where the breeder lives. We are so excited! There are 3 males that she is evaluating for us right now to make sure we get a good match for our situation. She is such a responsible breeder. Her website is awesome! Did you get to that Bootcamp workout yesterday?

Leanne:
That workout sounds like fun! What kind of coffee maker did you get? Coffee is my only "vice"..so I make a big deal out of making it etc. Hope you had a good nap..( maybe I have 2 vices... napping is the other one!)

Shelly:
How are the dogs doing today? back to normal? Sounds like Sophie had a good time at the sleep over.

Jennifer:
Did you get that snow? We have rain right now and 42 degrees.x(
Hope you had a good nap!

Tneah:
Boy are you the "Organized One"..color coordinated closet? wow! I have closet envy.LOL :7

Here is a link to some pictures of the puppies..go to the "Puppy Page and scroll down towards the bottom....

http://afterallwirefoxterriers.com/

Have a great day!

Deb

I'm up! I'm up!:7 Taking DH to the airport, will be back after coffee, but had to tell Deb...OMG! I am so excited for you guys! The pups are the cutest and yes! She is a very responsible breeder...I love that. I learned alot about choosing the right breeder when looking for a puppy. I am so happy for you guys, really.:7

Hi Robin! Hi Shelley..what's this I missed about Sophie puttin the hurt on a bully?Good girl.;)

Happy Monday, Melters!

I hope it is, anyhow. Yesterday I didn't get around to my watercolor. My dog and my brother's dog got in a little fight - no injuries or anything - but in breaking them up, I managed to bruise my thumb pretty badly, and holding a pencil or paintbrush wasn't so comfortable. So I made myself comfy on the couch and read a good book instead! Today is cardio... my schedule tells me I should do Imax 3, but I think I'll do Tracey Staehl's Step Sweatfest one more time. I think I may just about have it down.

Shelley - yes, take a rest day. Think how nice it will be to get home and know you don't have to jump right into a workout.

Deb - oh boy!!! I'm so glad you're getting a puppy!!!

Robin - I hope you get plenty of rain this year. We've been very dry the past several summers too, and it's so hard on the farmers.

Tneah - now that DH is gone, will you have time to do something special for yourself today? When will he be back?

I'm back drinking my second cup of coffee and protein shake.

I love getting back to my regular routine as far as the eating and weights go, but I guess ask me on Thursday..which is when I start to look forward to a cheat day:)
I had my usual ice cream and chocolate syrup, no nachos, I really wasn't in the mood...

Shannon, sorry to hear about the doggie fight and your hurt thumb.:( But reading is always a great way to end your day! I am trying to muck through a book right now that is poorly written, I keep telling myself it will get better and so far...nope.

DH comes back tonight actually. I thought I might go dress shopping today, although I did find a perfectly respectable outfit in my closet to wear to the wedding...its black though, and I had something more floaty and colorful in mind...we will see, do not really need to spend the money on something I will probably wear only a few times...

Hi to Leanne, Lainie, Emily, TK.....still wondering where you are?? And Jennifer.

Good morning, everyone!

I got a bit of work done already this morning, and I have to get back to grading in a bit. Later tonight, my dad and his wife are getting back from their 42-day cruise, and I have to pick them up from the airport. Their plane gets in at 6:00, which means that I'll have to drive down in rush hour traffic. Ah, well. It'll be nice to have them back in town.

Today I'll probably try out that new Crunch kickboxing DVD; it's only 45 minutes long, but I'm still trying to make this a rest week. Then I have to go grocery shopping later today.

Oh, and I bought some of that Famous Dave's self-tanner yesterday. For those of you who use it, here's a dumb question: do you cover your entire body with it? I've never used self-tanner before, so wasn't sure if you just use it on those parts that are exposed, or everywhere. :)

Deb -- That is such fantastic news about the new dog! It sounds like it will all work out for the best, and soon you'll have a new pup to keep Kelsey and you both company. How great! The photos of the puppies are so adorable!! We got a Jura Capresso coffee maker, and it's so delicious. I've only been drinking one cup of coffee a day for the past few months (to cut calories and caffeine), and it's so I really try to savor that one cup in the mornings!

Robin -- I've got four more weeks total -- three weeks of class, and one week of finals. There's still so much work left to do! I've been avoiding the RT posts, too, since I'm so jealous of everyone who's going.

Shelley -- Definitely take a rest day if you need it! You've been pushing yourself so hard these past few months. I missed the story, too, about Sophie and the bully. Is she alright?

Tneah -- Glad that you enjoyed your ice cream yesterday! Yum! And the boys are coming on Tuesday? What kind of bundt cake will you be making? You should definitely go shopping today and get something new for the wedding. After all, black wouldn't work for a summer wedding in Florida, right? You've been working hard to get that great bod, and a new dress (or even two!!) *will* get use in the future. So go get something cute and report back to us on what you find!:)

Shannon -- Sorry that you didn't get your painting done after breaking up the dog fight. Is your thumb better today?

Lainie -- How are you doing today? I checked out your BFL menu for the week, and it looks like you have yummy meals planned. I don't know anything about the food program, but it looks great.

Jennifer -- Did you go into work today? How's your ankle?

Hi guys,

Leanne, we have a Jura espresso maker too, don't you love it?:7 But coffee is calorie free? Are you sensitive to caffeine? I know I can be, but could never limit my java.:eek: I use the gross fat free nondairy creamer-trainer man recommended that instead of fat free half n half...it adds some calories but not too many. I do not usually do lattes because milk isn't my favorite thing. Your parents are living in SD now right? Nice..well if you get along with them its nice right? I am going to Nordstroms today to try on dresses and then Anthropologie, they have the best floral skirts right now, might do a cute skirt instead of a dress...will post my "finds" if I find anything!

Oh, BTW..those adorable shoes I showed you all? Well I wore them to brunch yesterday and guess what? They rub my toes the wrong way darn it! I am NOT going to pay that much for a shoe no matter how cute (I do make exceptions for stilletos, they always hurt) but a platform/wedge that hurts the foot is an unforgivable sin to me.:)

I have legs later on today, just did itread 60 minutes with Grace, #1. I love that one, I actually was naughty and "ran" 6.2 for the minute sprints.:7 Yeah, I will pay for that later on today.

Lainie, I adore your blog. I just looked it over, loved the link to J.Lo's postbaby workout..I read that too...she is worse than me. I think your meal plans look great!

Off to maybe spend a little cash....;)

I need a melter rally. It's so slow here at work and I'm so bored. All I can think about is the machine full of junk food upstairs in the cafeteria. I really want to clean up my eating. Yesterday, my eating was so clean, you could eat off my intestines. I really want to stick with it for more than a day this time. Help!!!!!

Hello Melters.

My ankle got worse this AM, I went into work cause I was pass thime of calling in. The joys of explaining a sports injury to superiors is really fun (not). They encouraged me to see my Doctor, so I went without an appt, they were able to get me into seeing a p.a. near my side of town. I drove from the southeast to the southwest and then northeast. Problems getting my prescription, got that resolved. Got my crutches and now I'm ready for a nap.

For me, when I'm in pain, I don't eat. Earlier today, the pain started shooting up my ankle and leg then I got a real bad migrane like headache. During part of that time, I got the drive around Grand Rapids with construction. Thank GOD, I'm home.

Seville and Madrid are happy to see me today.
Time to rest, one week of no weight on my foot.

Just wanted to pop on and say "hi" before I start Amy's In the Ring. I'm not sure how much I'll get through before I have to go get Isaac at the bus stop, and my ankles are giving me twinges, but I'll see what I can do.

Jennifer, take good care of yourself!

Will bbl.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=green]***Lainie***
fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com
http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif
If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans.[/font]

Hey, all!

Robin -- Here's the Melting Intervention you need: step away from the junk food RIGHT NOW! Remember that you indulged a bit last week, and so today is a great day to continue eating clean and taking care of your body and health! If you indulge, you'll regret it, so see if you can find a nice, healthy treat instead of something that's just going to upset you afterwards!!

Jennifer -- Glad that you made it home safely after having to deal with all that this morning. It sounds like it was a good thing that you went to the doctor. Crutches, huh? Just be careful on those things! Will you go into work tomorrow?

Tneah -- Oh, isn't the Jura wonderful?! I have to have some milk in my coffee, so I usually make a latte. I always use skim milk, but when I'm trying to watch calories, I cut every little thing back that I don't need. Good thing you got those new shoes at Nordie's so you can return them since they kill your feet. Not good! A cute skirt and pretty top would be lovely for the wedding. I'm sending you positive shopping vibes! Let us know if you find anything! Yes, I get along with my Dad, but his new wife took some getting used to. After my wonderful mom passed away seven years ago from kidney cancer, it took some time to get used to my dad's new situation. They actually live in Ramona, so we don't get a chance to see them too often since they're about an hour away from us. I try to get the whole family together every few weeks for brunch or dinner, though.

Lainie -- Don't overdo it with Amy today if your ankles are bothering you! Her workouts are really intense and high impact, so be sure to modify!

Alright, back to some work and then I'm off to the grocery store in a bit. It's super hot again here today -- close to 90. I just turned the air conditioner on. Ug!

Leanne, thank you for the intervention. I made it home without hitting any machines up for snacks.

Jennifer, I'm so sorry about your injury. I had no idea it was so serious. I really thought you were getting better fast. I hope it is something simple and not a break!

When I got home I found a petit paquet from Cananda in my mailbox! I can't wait to open it. I'm going to make myself workout first. And no snacks

Be back in a bit.

Good girl Robin.:) Ok, does "petit paquet" mean "small package?"

As in, "Oh my! Monsieur, you certainly do have a "petit paquet!":7 Just kidding...heehee

Jennifer, oh crap! You really injured yourself. Please watch lots of bad TV and rest up girl.

Leanne, thought of you as I shopped...uh, didn't get a dress..see below...I don't like my stepmom at all actually, and now, neither does my dad...long story.

Ok, wish someone would have intervened a little on my shopping trip.x( Instead of buying a dress guess what I got? Bras and Hanky Panky thongs...yep, got myself fitted ( I wear a freaky 34DDD:eek: ) and needed some nude bra's, so there ya go. No dress, oh, and then I picked up a very cute hippie/pheasant top that I will wear til it falls apart, its that dang cute. Again, no dress.:-(

Like I mentioned before, I have a little outfit in mind....after cleaning my closet. I will try and post a pic, then you all have to be brutal and let me know whether its appropriate for summertime in Florida. I am starting to think I might show up in one of my hippie long dresses and flip flops. So there. I am not going to wear a cocktail type dress, that much I know. I did try on a few, and right away was in a terrible mood--hello Shelley, I can totally relate to your own shopping experience the other day!

Here is a skirt that I am considering pairing with a white blouse and I have these super cool straw like pumps--I know that sounds just nasty, but they really are cute. Here is the skirt...this would be one option.

I just posted it, and it took up the whole page! Its a full, higher waisted (which I like) bright floral cotton blend skirt. Very cute.

Ok, here it is, it is the very last one, "muse" skirt, on the bottom right hand side of the page.

http://www.anthropologie.com/anthro...h&navCount=16&pushId=APP_SKIRTS&id=APP_SKIRTS

Hi everyone. I'm back. I only did the 1st 2 combos & intervals of In the Ring, which was what I had tentatively planned. My ankles and knees seemed o.k. Next time I'll try the 2nd 2 combos and intervals so I can learn them. It took me a while just to do half the workout because I had to go get Isaac at the bus stop and it was pouring down rain. Then when we got back I had to change the kids' clothes because they were a bit soggy.

Well, today is my first day back on the BFL meal plan and so far so good. I planned out the entire week (it's on my blog) so now I just have to stick to it. I'm a bit hungry right now but I also just realized I missed a meal a half hour ago, so I'll go eat that as soon as I'm done here! Do you think I should also list what I eat here or what?

Shelley, by all means take a rest if you haven't taken one lately. I get plenty of rest but that's because of my stupid injuries. Well, even before injuries I always rested at least once a week, or did Stretch Max at most on one day. I'm a big believer on rest. :) I'm very happy with how my workout went today, though--I slid right into the groove and loved it. It's been a while since I've really enjoyed cardio.

Deb, congrats on the new puppy! Sounds like you've found a really great breeder. I hope we have such luck when I finally talk the hubby into a dog (and as I said before, I eventually get what I want from him).

Robin, Enjoy 4DS HIS today--love that one! Yep, the sign-up for the August RT is Friday, but I promise not to yammer on about it too much again until then (because I'm trying not to think about it too much and get my hopes up).

Tneah, did you do any dress shopping today? I actually bought this dress today:
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g76/lainiefig/215738_1013.jpg

It doesn't look quite the same on a bigger bosom--I'm going to wait until DH sees it before I remove the tags. I couldn't decide if it looked great or horrid. Usually I know right away if something is good or bad but not this one. I think it's kind of sexay but I know it would be sexayer if I lost some more poundage.

Shannon, I actually hurt my thumb yesterday, too. Mine was bleeding rather than bruised, though. Amazing how much an injured thumb can mess with things. The hardest part was when I went to try to remove my contacts with a bandaged thumb.

Leanne, I just got some of the Famous Dave's tanner, too, but haven't tried it yet. I tend to just put self-tanner on my exposed parts and actually usually just my legs which are where I need it most. I do them quite a way up the thighs as far as my nighties go, because DH doesn't see the rest of me in bright lights anyway. :) So I think it's a personal choice. It will show where you stop, so if you plan on going out in a bikini then you'd better cover quite a bit, I guess. Oh, and luckily those combos of In the Ring were not too high impact and easy to modify where she did ramp it up. Great workout.

Jennifer, hope that ankle improves soon. I still have a little swelling on the left one, but the right one (which I injured way back in August) is actually bothering me more. I think I just have stupid weak ankles. Yours must be pretty bad if you need crutches--I kind of wished I had some the first few days of my last injury, though.

Robin, glad you avoided the machines.

ETA: I guess I cross-posted with Tneah--I LOVE that skirt. It is totally my style (I have a huge amount of flowery or paisley-covered skirts. I just got one on eBay that has big dots and flowers--love it). I think that outfit with the skirt and top would be totally wedding-appropriate.

BBL

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=green]***Lainie***
fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com
http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif
If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans.[/font]

Lainie, love your sexaay dress, bet you look super hot in it, DH will not have a chance, once he sees you in this!;)

Here is one outfit option, the skirt has sliver and gold metallic flowers, and the shrug is subtle gold, the heels have a silver subtle rhinestone heel, the skirt is that shorter "bubble style" at the bottom, super cute.

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj39/tneah/HPIM0202.jpg

One more for good measure...

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj39/tneah/HPIM0203.jpg

and my "straw" shoes to wear with the floral skirt..
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj39/tneah/HPIM0201.jpg

OK be honest with me. I can take it :7 I have a darling straw clutch that I can "wear" with the straw shoes and the skirt...sorry for hogging up so much space!

tneah, I love both the floral skirt and the black outfit. Maybe black would be to,um, black, for Florida? But don't go by me. I'm the most stylishly challenged of our group. Yes, I got a small package!

Lainie, I love your dress too. I'm sorry, but I had to LOL when you posted about hurting your thumb. I had to do a test today for Trichomonas, a tiny parasite that causes vaginitis.http://www.pirx.com/droplet/gallery/trichomonas.html We all love to see them, because under the microscope, they look like they are waving at you. The diagnosis for the woman who had it was "sore thumb." We all wondered how she hurt her thumb!?!?!?!

My petite paquet contained two of the most comfortable pantalons de muit en flanelle ever made. That's lounge pants for those of you as langually backwards as I. Several people have mentioned these wonderful pants-made-in-heaven on the forum, but I don't live any where near a Cosco. Thank you, Shelley. I'm ready to relax!

ETA: I just had to LOL. You guys all post links to lovely skirts and shoes. I post links to vaginal parasites. Yikes.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.