^^^Meltin' on Monday^^

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning Melters!

When do I feel like Robin Williams when I type this? :7

Yahoo, I am down 1 1/2 pounds! I lost the 1/2 I gained and another one.. not sure how this happened. It must be that all that salty junk food was retaining water? Anyway I am not arguing about it.

Today I did a 40 minute I-Tread. Looking forward to having a nice quiet dinner with DH. He loves making New Year's eve dinner. We will be having crab legs, squash, and spinach salad. Maybe a glass of champagne.

Robin:
At least you are able to do upper body work. Cudos to you for keeping with that while you wait for your knee to get resolved. :)

Shelley:
Your SO sounds like my DH. If I say too much I am labeled "a nag", so I keep quiet and celebrate my success when I lose a pound, hoping he will want to jump on the band wagon. Hope you feel better today. I don't think I have seen midnight on New Years Eve in 15 years!

Michele:
We missed you!

Happy New Year!

Deb;-)

Good morning Deb and melters to follow.

Deb, way to start the New Melter's Challenge with the lost poundage. Keep it up.

Shelley, I'll take a picture of the old, scary bike as soon as I can get my DH to move it for me. It is in the basement, behind a big wire crate he built when we were trying to acclimatize Frank the cat to being an indoor pet. If someone were to see the crate, they would wonder what exactly we do in our basement.

Michele, I missed you, but just thought you were busy with your in-laws. Welcome home.

I got on the scale on a whim this morning and am happy to report no overall gain since Thanksgiving. No overall loss either. I hope to do some bike cardio this afternoon. DH also got our old, scary HR moniter working. He says you can't get a good bike workout without it. He's probably right, but I never liked wearing that thing either. I have to run. There are a couple of inches of new snow I have to brush off my car before heading for work. Taa for now.

Happy Monday, Melters. Yep, another Monday is here. But tomorrow is a holiday!!!! :7

I'm glad to see we're going to continue our melting into the new year. After measuring and weighing yesterday, I think I'd better! Actually, it's probably just good old hormones, but one I'll never take that assumption for granted.

I enjoyed a very nice computer-free weekend. Sometimes these contraptions just wear me down. I also did about a 7-mile fast walk Saturday with only a teensy bit of soreness in my calf. Oh man, I think I'm finally on the road to recovery!

DEB - way to go on the weight loss already!

ROBIN - I'm glad you got the bike up and running. I hope you can get a good workout from it. Do you have any Cardio Coach routines? If not, you need some!!

Well, wish me luck. I started the South Beach Diet today. These first couple of weeks are going to be tough. I prepared yesterday by having Oh's cereal for lunch, pancakes for dinner, followed by ice cream. Yes, I am one of those people who porks out the day before starting a diet.

I had half a cup of steamed zucchini, two eggs, and coffee with Splenda for breakfast. Exciting, huh?

Today I plan to do a good cardio workout if I can handle it without the carbs. :p I'm thinking I'll try Seasun Zieger's Bosu Blast. This week I'm going to sort of ease back into daily workouts and then start a 4DS rotation next week. Of course, I'm still keeping an eye out for Cathe's January rotation in case it turns out to be the rotation to end all rotations and I just have to do it or something.

I hung up my new Cathe Calendar today and wrote in pencil my planned workouts for this week. :7

Deb, congrats on the weight loss! I intend to step on the scale this morning but haven't done it yet. I know it will be a gain for me. x(

Robin, you seem to have a lot of scary equipment at your house (the bike, the HR monitor). Are they also haunted? Hmm, could be a good shorty story--haunted fitness equipment.

Shannon, glad your calf is doing better! It's nice to get back into action, isn't it?

TK, that bag is so cute! I wish I were crafty. I've been through a lot of craft phases but was never very skilled at any of them. My grandmother and her sisters were seamstresses, but I didn't inherit their abilities.

Leanne, feel free to start the rotation on Friday and I'll join you on Monday. I've worked out what to do through this Saturday now.

Shelley, I hope your tummy is feeling better this morning!

Michele, welcome back! A couple days without internet can really remind you how much you use it, can't it?

Hello to everyone who follows.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif[/font]

Mornin' Meltees!:)

Thank goodness. The new year for me starts tomorrow-I like to start things on the 1st, it just feels symbolic for me or something. So yesterday I went to the grocers and once again stock piled fresh and healthy foods for DH and I. I do things like buy baked chips for him instead of the regular kind...he still almost eats the whole bag at once, but it is better than eating the regular chips!:) If its not in the house, we cannot eat it, so all questionable stuff is removed. That is how he loses weight,limited food choices!;) He refuses to exercise, I know I have tried without success. He jokes that I do enough for both of us...x(

Deb, hope you read my response on the skincare thread, and way to go with your loss! A terrific way to start the new year!

Robin, You should have "Jane" (TK) knit you some legwarmers to use with your bike and heart rate monitor:p heehee. Riding an old stationary bike is harsh..but I want pics too! Enjoy your new years dinner with DH.

Shelley, how's that tummy? I know what it was! Lentil soup.x( Sorry, it is my worst food ever, very bad memories of Grandma forcing something called "lentil loaf" down our throats every Sunday. You were a crazy lady with all that cleaning...whew I got tired just reading your post...

Lainie, I wish you well with the SB diet plan. I think I might have tried this in the past. Its not a bad plan, and is kinda how I eat for the most part-well, with alot more carbs:) That first week is killer so hang in there sister. Is your mom there yet?

TK, Loved your bag! You should consider selling them on Ebay or something, start your own website. They are that cute! Oh, and I love the pics of your beautiful boat and your pup! How cute are those ears?

Michele, welcome back to cyberspace, glad to have you back on the boards!:)

Shannon, 7 miles? Wow. And that is with a calf issue (recovery calf issue), that is great, I need to get out and walk in the cold sunshine today...

Leanne, Hi cutie! You are in San Diego? For some reason I just figured that out.Cool, we have a boat there at a marina in Shelter Island. Well its in Mexico right now, but will be back in Feb. Cannot wait to visit again, love SD! Go Chargers!:7

OK, I have been doing "weird" workouts this past week, those ones you never do of Cathe and otherwise. I did the Timesaver #4 workout which was KPC plus shoulders. It was 45 minutes long and pretty fun actually. Then last night I did Billy Blanks "Butt", its a booty workout for sure. Its old, remember those DVD's that had upper body/lower body, and abs/butt? They took clips from his workouts and made them into these? They are actually pretty good, and I have always loved Billy's enthusiasm, he was my "first" at home workout.

Okay, off to plan the next months rotation and NOT weight myself. 'Auntie" should be here very soon according to the size of both my belly and breasts.x( Happy New Years to my Melters! Thanks for all your support, friendship and stuff these past months, I really look forward to your posts every morning! We can do this! Rah, rah!!:7 :7

Thanks for the welcome back everybody!!

Today I'm starting the 16 week weight loss rotation that I posted awhile back. Oh, I bit the bullet and weighed myself. The damage wasn't as bad as I thought it would be -- I'm right back to where I started -- LMAO! I really thought it'd be much, much worse so all that water guzzling must've paid off :p

I'm off to the grocery store to pick up a few things for dinner tonight. We're staying home, thank GOD!!! I'm so tired of all the holiday hoopla and running around. We're going to veg out on the couch and watch the Twilight Zone marathon on the Scifi network. Ain't we romantic!? Ha!

Tneah --

http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/loveshower.gif [font color=red size=+4 face=cursive"]Happy Anniversary!![/font] http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/loveshower.gif

Deb -- Congratulations on the weight loss. Oh yeah, and I hate you -- LMAO!! Just kidding, of course :* :* :*

Robin -- Congratulations on not gaining more weight! How's your knee feeling? Oh yeah, I've been soooo busy with my IL's. They live 30 minutes away and we've gone over there every single day. We've done most of the holiday grocery shopping and meal prep, too. I'm really very done.with.that!

Cuz! Ah, hormones. I totally understand. I hate what (I let) menopause do to my body ;( , but hey, if hormones will keep you in the melter's thread, then WOO HOO!!

Lainie -- Good luck with SBD! I followed it a few years ago and had pretty decent results, unfortunately I didn't stick with it. I'm not sure I could handle the first 2 weeks without my fruity carbs. I'll pray for you :p -- and oh yeah, I was panicking over the loss of my internet service. It's downright scary how much I've come to depend on it but I really couldn't be without it now.

Hello and Happy New Year to everyone who checks in later :*

I just got back from a very windy walk during lunch. My goodness. I guess all that wind resistance counts as extra cardio, huh? It's about 60 F out there - a bit of a warm spell - but winter is supposed to return in a few days.

Lanie - good luck with the SB diet. I'd never survive without the carbs!

Tneah - I'm with ou about starting anew on the 1st. Hopefully my calf will agree. I think I just might be ready for a full-length Cardio Coach!!! Hey, if you don't buy those baked chips, your DH can't eat them either, can he? }(

Cuz! - Have fun with that weight loss rotation. I know you'll keep us posted. I'm glad the recent "damage" wasn't as bad as you thought, too. I'm surprised that I've held steady too, what with all this cardio deprivation.

Now then. If this day would please end so I could get out of the office....

Good morning melters. Last night I made up for a missed workout from earlier in the week, so I did Leg Blast from B+G. Since I was tired this morning, all I could manage was Blast Mania from Imax2.

Tonight the dog and I go to a friend's house for a big dinner then we'll spend the night. DH is already there since his employer had off for the long weekend. DH and his friend will be preparing the food and they usually cook enough for an army. I've requested shrimp or crab legs, so I won't be surprised that they prepare both. This will be my last big cheat day for a while.

Michele: Good to have you back with us. I love your new avatar.

Shelley: My DH is the same way. I found that he'll just eat what I bring home with no complaints anyway. Over the last several years since I've been watching my own diet, he's lost about 25 pounds. It wasn't like he really tried, it was just because there's normally no junk in the house anymore. BTW, what a good friend you are to help someone who is sick!

Robin: You are welcome to visit me on the 'Captain Morgan' any time. The beer's on me!

Deb: Wow! 20 pounds. Next time you're in the pet store, pick up a 20# bag of dogfood. That'll bring home how much weight you lost. Great job! I worked on my mom's bag over the weekend. It will most likely be done next weekend. I used to sew non-stop over weekends but I've taken a less OCD approach now. There are too many other things I have to do -like cleaning ha ha!. Send me an email if you want instructions for making the bag. It is a great project for using up smaller pieces of your stash. For the ruffles it calls for 12 fabrics of 43" x 4.5" (or something close to that). You can easily piece together strips of fabrics if you don't have the whole 43".

Shannon: After 7 miles and only minor soreness, sounds like the worst is behind you now. I still think you need the calf as an excuse for a professional massage. LOL. A reflexology treatment works just your calf and feet. Totally relaxing! I think I enjoy Reflexology just as much as the deep tissue massage.

Lainie: In phase one, I was expecting but didn't get the sapped energy feeling from lower carbs. I just think my body had enough of them stored (aka 'fat') that I didn't notice the difference. Phase one wasn't as difficult as some people say, but I did miss my fruit. The two weeks will be done before you know it. BTW, the ricotta cheese dessert is pretty good. That surprised me.

Tneah: Happy Anniversary! Enjoy your movie tonight. In tribute to Forrest Gump, I've always called my boss 'Lieutenant Dan'. I don't think he gets it but that makes it all the funnier.

Afternoon, everyone!

I just got back from running some early morning errands, and I'm about to tackle Bootcamp right after this. I'm excited for the challenge of continuing to check in together to lose weight! I may not shoot for 10 pounds, but I think my goal will be to try to drop 2-3% of my body fat by February.

I've been trying to read up on nutrition a bit more. I finished a sports nutrition book by Nancy Clark (which wasn't too helpful -- I much preferred BFFM) and then yesterday I started reading the book _The New Rules of Lifting for Women_. I'm not too far into it, but what I've read so far is interesting. He says that women need to lift heavy, and not do a lot of endurance lifting. When I've done the S&H series, I've had my best results, so I may go back to that. If you're interested, I'll let you all know how the nutrition section is!

Lainie and I are also going to try to do a few weeks of the 4DS series starting this weekend, and we'd love to have anyone join us!

Deb -- That is so fantastic that you lost so much this week! Way to go!! Yes, the Circle of Lace necklace is pretty, but we'll have to see how mine turns out! I had to re-do the bit I started yesterday since I goofed up already on one of the first rows I was making, and didn't realize it until later!

Tneah -- Happy anniversay to you and your DH!! Hope you have a fun night, and enjoy the movie! Yes, I'm here in San Diego. I remember you said that you had a boat docked here. Maybe when you're back in town, we could meet for lunch! Good luck stockpiling all the healthy foods for the new year! It sounds like you're having fun with all those less-used Cathe workouts.

Lainie -- Good luck with the SB program! You can do it, girl!! Are you sure you don't mind if I start the 4DS rotation on Friday? Like you, I'm kind of curious to see what Cathe posts as the January rotation. We could always switch to that if it looks interesting! Oh, and I couldn't open up the HTML attachment with your rotation. Can you maybe re-send it as a doc file or paste it into an email?

TK -- Yes, we must think alike with our cheap DVD's! Enjoy your last cheat day today -- and hope you get both shrimp and crabs at the party!

Shannon -- Sounds like your walk was really blustery! I'm sure that extra wind has to count for some extra calories burned! :) Is your calf feeling alright afterwards?

Michele -- Enjoy that T. Z. marathon tonight! My DH and I are the same way on New Year's Eve, but we usually do a movie marathon, with lots of pizza!

Robin -- The trip to St. John sounds wonderful and relaxing! Are you still thinking of picking up those new wedding bands when you go? What does your husband teach? I'm an English professor at a community college here in San Diego. In the fall, I'll actually be on sabbatical for the semester, which I am SO excited about!! I've been teaching straight through for the last 13 1/2 years, so it'll be nice to have some time to re-charge my batteries.

Shelley -- Glad you'll be having a relaxing evening, too!

I'm back to tell you all how excited I am. A good friend from Catheland sent me a gift certificate to cardio coach. Now I can't wait to get on the scary stationary bike! DH not only dragged it out of it's hiding place, he also cleaned it up for me. Yahoo! The sun was shining when I got home, so I went for a bike ride outside, wearing my heartrate monitor. I was thrilled to find out how hard I was working, even downhill!

Leanne, My DH is a manufacturing engineering instructor at a community college. I just want to slap him when he says, "I don't get any vacation time." Well, no duh. He has three weeks off at Christmas and all summer! What do you plan to do on your sabbatical?

TK, I just may take you up on that offer. My DH and I used to go down to Baltimore a couple times a summer to catch Oriole games. That was when Mike Mussina, a local boy, pitched for them. Now he's a stinking Yankee and we haven't been to a game in a couple years.

Shannon, I'm glad to hear the cardio is working out for you. 60 sounds so nice. It was 40 here.

Lanie, good luck. I don't think I could survive on a breakfast of steamed broccoli. Bleech! LOL at the haunted fitness equipment. Don't let Stephen King hear your story idea.

tneah, I thought of you and felt so angelic as I stood in line at the grocery store this afternoon. Everything I had, except some pork for tomorrow, was from the produce aisle.

Michele, MWAH. I love you!

Shelley, where are you!!!!

OK, I have to go make dinner. A great big salad and a carmelized onion pizza from Cooking Light. Mmmm,mmmm good.

Hey chiquitas!!!

Oooooh, I was so sick last night! I think it was an overload of raw garlic in the hummus. Sometimes it does that to me. I basically crawled into bed around 7:30 in my clothes and stayed there, trying hard not to throw up, until I finally was able to fall asleep. I felt much better this morning, thankfully! I was gone pretty much all day, helping the friend with the cold run errands (he has no car at the moment, long story) and I washed my kitchen and front hall floors, washed my dog bed covers, put away all the laundry, etc. etc. Whew! We have a friend over for the evening and he and my SO are down shooting things on the Wii:p

Deb - 1 1/2 lbs down is great! Keep going!

Robin - ooooh, how exciting! Which Cardio Coach are you going to get???

Shannon - I'm SO glad to hear you're on the mend, and fingers are still crossed for you.

Lainie - steamed zucchini for breakfast. BLECH!!!! You're a better woman then me!

Tneah - LOL at the lentil soup! I'm sure it wasn't that, but you never know! After last night, I won't be wanting lentil soup or hummus for quite some time.

Michele - welcome back!!! Ooooooh, a Twilight Zone marathon sounds molto romantic!!! ;)

TK - I'm coming over to your place for shrimp and crab!!!! Yum! Enjoy your feast:)

Leanne - I'd love to hear about the nutrition portion of New Rules of Lifting for Women! Lots of people talk about that book. I may just have to pick myself up a copy.

I got myself some new running shoes today. The old ones have FAR too many miles on them. I'm so excited. They're SILVER! I also picked up some of that BNS Lean Dessert Protein in Whipped Vanilla that everyone is always raving about. I'll let y'all know how it is.

Okay, I must go defend my Queen of Wii Boxing title. Happy New Year, everyone!!!

Isn't silver pretty heavy? Won't it be hard to run in silver shoes? Box on, girl friend.

Uh oh, I better go see my DH for the rest of the evening or he will revoke my computer privileges.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.